Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

55 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Let me tell you about a little thing called option contracts and margin calls

Yeah, but a negative net worth would seem to imply that he has any intention of paying off his debts, which we all know he does not.  

1 hour ago, Mdhorn said:

Trump isn't smart enough to do this on his own.  He's getting help to push this.  As Trump will state, he doesn't know any of these people.  And he probably really doesn't.  

Republicans need to fight voter fraud is a dog whistle to disenfranchise, discourage and prohibit voters any way they can.  There is fraud, alright, lot's of Republican fraud.  

They don’t care, try to stop them. Such BS.

1 hour ago, Mdhorn said:

Trump isn't smart enough to do this on his own.  He's getting help to push this.  As Trump will state, he doesn't know any of these people.  And he probably really doesn't.  

Republicans need to fight voter fraud is a dog whistle to disenfranchise, discourage and prohibit voters any way they can.  There is fraud, alright, lot's of Republican fraud.  

Have you read the constitution?

Until we return to the original farmers’ intent that blacks / slaves count as 3/5 of a person, the Republican Party is only playing fair in trying to keep 40% of minority voters from voting.

Math is math.
The constitution is clear.

1 minute ago, mdmost said:

Obama needs to unleash hell really soon. I mean a line by line attack on what Trump stripped away that would've helped with this pandemic. 

Soon enough.  I'm sure Obama and the Biden folks are talking right now about the right time and right venue for maximum impact.

And then imagine how triggered the right will be if Biden nominates Michelle as Veep?  Every last Cletus head would explode.

8 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

He scared shitless.

he's so transparent.

obama coming out before now and endorsing biden would've been a huge "fuck you" to bernie and his supporters which would've been trump's wet dream.

he even mentioned a bunch of bernie supporters helping him win in 2016 today.

10 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

A joint press conference from the living presidents endorsing Biden might stroke him out and save us a lot of time. 

W doing so would be a death knell for trump. I don’t expect it but it would be pretty sweet. The right wing crazies like the sack and GRUHorn would go nuts. 

8 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Disagree. They’ll just call him a RINO or whatever buzzword Diamond and Silk are promoting that day. See McCain, John.

You’re talking about people who call themselves Republican. For them I agree. There is no hope for them. They are the lost 25 percent. Fuck them. 

I’m talking about normal people. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JimmyJames said:

W doing so would be a death knell for trump. I don’t expect it but it would be pretty sweet. 

Actually, I expect it.  W isn't a mental giant, and he was easily manipulated by some really bad men, but at his core, he's a decent human being.  Terrible President, but a decent human being.  I believe he will actually endorse Biden in the next few months.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Actually, I expect it.  W isn't a mental giant, and he was easily manipulated by some really bad men, but at his core, he's a decent human being.  Terrible President, but a decent human being.  I believe he will actually endorse Biden in the next few months.

I agree and hope so. It would be bold, but I guess we shall see.

Dubya should endorse Biden, but he won't. He should state publicly why he appointed Hunter Biden to a position on the Amtrak board of directors, but he won't.  

If he did those things then he'd never get paid six figures for a speaking engagement again. 

• Like 1

On 4/6/2020 at 8:37 AM, Francisco 2.0 said:

What good is power if it appears you are going to lose it, and have no control over how you lose it?

He won't let anyone work for him that would be honest with him that he was going to loose.  When/IF he loses it will be a complete and utter shock because he only hires yes men

14 hours ago, TexasEd said:

He won't let anyone work for him that would be honest with him that he was going to loose.  When/IF he loses it will be a complete and utter shock because he only hires yes men

3 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

*lose

OR *too

• Like 2

16 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Beg to differ unless he's being compared against Trump. Bush willfully ignored intelligence prior to 9/11, unless of course he was manipulated for that, too.

5 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

This is less than positive news:

Anyone know what this is? Class? Anyone? Anyone? Anyone seen this before? The Laffer Curve. Anyone know what this says? It says that at this point on the revenue curve, you will get exactly the same amount of revenue as at this point. This is very controversial. Does anyone know what Vice President Bush called this in 1980? Anyone? Something-d-o-o economics. "Voodoo" economics.

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

This is less than positive news:

He spoke at UT a few months ago and stated that the only way he'd go back to work in politics was if there was a massive crisis that required him to head up a task force to save us from a massive recession.  True story bro.

9 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

This is going to happen, and Trump & Co. will laffer all the way to the bank and probably figure it will float them right into a second term. Tax cuts are their go to vote getter. Plus sticking it to those rich librul professors and gubmint workers.

Last tax "cut" mine went up a significant amount.  Not sure I can afford another one.

1 hour ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

What's that? Oversight, you say? Oh I see, the President will oversee ALL the glorious tax dollars. And he doesn't take a salary for providing oversight. What a President!

a big part of that article is about how trump's hotels individually qualify for the sba forgiveness loans, because technically they each employ fewer than 500 people.

first off, those loans only go up to $10mm, which sounds low for typical trumpy-style grifting.  but the other key is that for the loans to be forgiven, they have to actually keep everyone on payroll (the money actually has to go to the employees during the pandemic).  so how soon until we find out those hotels (a) got the full $10mm, (b) laid people off (c) did not use that money to pay the people they laid off or kept on and (d) got the loan forgiven anyway?

guessing it won't take long.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UDontKnow said:

Beg to differ unless he's being compared against Trump. Bush willfully ignored intelligence prior to 9/11, unless of course he was manipulated for that, too.

I believe he was.  Colin Powell lied to Congress, for pity's sake.  Fooling W would be a cakewalk by comparison.  Dick Cheney is Satan.  I don't think W had a chance.  

I'm not supporting him, I remember telling my then-still-Republican parents he would make an awful President based on close observation when he was Governor of Texas, and they actually listened and eventually told me I was right.  I just think he didn't really stand a chance against Cheney (in particular).

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Anyone know what this is? Class? Anyone? Anyone? Anyone seen this before? The Laffer Curve. Anyone know what this says? It says that at this point on the revenue curve, you will get exactly the same amount of revenue as at this point. This is very controversial. Does anyone know what Vice President Bush called this in 1980? Anyone? Something-d-o-o economics. "Voodoo" economics.

As an armchair QB, the Laffer curve makes me chuckle, because at the extremes, it's right, but its predictive power seems to be nil.  I mean, it's no great bit of deductive reasoning to say "at 0% tax rate, tax revenues are zero, and at 100% tax rate, tax revenues are zero, and there's a non-zero point inbetween, so it's a theory!".  OK, it's a theory, and it's true.  What nobody ever seems to be able to do is to predict the actual tax structure which maximizes tax revenue, and even if they could, assess whether that's a good thing.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

a big part of that article is about how trump's hotels individually qualify for the sba forgiveness loans, because technically they each employ fewer than 500 people.

first off, those loans only go up to $10mm, which sounds low for typical trumpy-style grifting.  but the other key is that for the loans to be forgiven, they have to actually keep everyone on payroll (the money actually has to go to the employees during the pandemic).  so how soon until we find out those hotels (a) got the full $10mm, (b) laid people off (c) did not use that money to pay the people they laid off or kept on and (d) got the loan forgiven anyway?

There is no too low when it comes to trumpy-style grifting. This the man who had his campaign sell plastic Trump straws and MAGA gift wrap. With respect to keeping everyone on payroll, I expect them to furlough w/o pay and then have them come back at reduced wages or flat out ignore the rules. He would provide oversight the way Betsy DeVos provides oversight. Rules are for the peons.

44 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

I don't know how they get around the affiliation rules to have less than 500 employees unless , as we all suspect, TrumpCo doesn't owns a minority of them and/or just has licensing/access rights.  It has been a nightmare for companies that have minority private equity investors where one wrong provision in governance docs can impute that whole investor's portfolio companies' employees to the applicant.  That these hotels qualify mean there is some chicanery going on here, or his companies really don't run the show.

In any event, there is going to be a shitload of FOIA in a few years to see who applied, should they have applied, and did they lie on the application.

13 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

Gawd, he stretches the basic tenet of my life, the worth of all persons, to a breaking point. 

You act like 15,000 dead Americans and 20 million lost jobs in less than a month should be more important than his ratings. 

• Like 2