Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

Guest Lobo

So what, so you just have a photo on your laptop ready to go of Rachael Maddow and Cousin Tuco at a court-ordered Habitat for Humanity? 

Guest Lobo
Just now, Biff Tannen said:

You don't?

Well yeah, I have a pic of them now.  But his is from like 30 years ago.  That's fucked up. 

29 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

You sound old 

You are right in the sense that breaking your sentence into multiple phrases with the word "like" is very common even among educated public speakers. I hear it all the time from guests on NPR. 

But it is grating on the ears, nonetheless. My teen kids do that and when I put up my fingers counting their "like" words, they immediately realize what I am doing and start speaking properly. In other words, it is worse than Corona, but thankfully, can be cured lot more easily with relatively little effort.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SaucyJack said:

like ice cream. amirite!

My favorites are the 50 YO rarely-MILFs who co-opt their kids' phrases.  Last year, it was the use of an upvoiced "right?" to end every sentence.  Can't wait to hear what's next.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

My favorites are the 50 YO rarely-MILFs who co-opt their kids' phrases.  Last year, it was the use of an upvoiced "right?" to end every sentence.  Can't wait to hear what's next.

Missed that; don't hang with rarely-MILFS.  Only bang 11s.

But it is grating on the ears, nonetheless. My teen kids do that and when I put up my fingers counting their "like" words, they immediately realize what I am doing and start speaking properly. In other words, it is worse than Corona, but thankfully, can be cured lot more easily with relatively little effort.

Good Lord

1 hour ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Thx.

I didn't expect Mazar's to not comply; rather, Trump would file another suit asserting there was an NDA in place.   Buy himself another month or two while that sorts itself out.

John Roberts has made his decision; now let him enforce it!

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

Mazar's has said they will comply with a court order.

Most NDAs contain a provision that they do not apply in the instance of a court order of disclosure.  And whether they contain such a provision or not, they do not apply in the instance of a court order of disclosure.

Further, by the doctrine of merger and bar, such a claim would be precluded by the current litigation.  I.e., if there was some other ground for withholding, like an NDA, he should have asserted it in this case.

That of course does not mean that Trump won't file another frivolous lawsuit.

If Congress gets a hold of them they will be leaked to WaPo. If NY gets a hold of them, NY will probably find evidence of insurance fraud and start filing charges 

• Like 1

Guest Lobo
1 minute ago, Gatorubet said:

Does that mean “spooned”?

No, at Oxford...one does not spoon.  One "sporks".  You cuddle together like spooning but then find there's a little something extra poking at you.  

16 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Religious liberty? lol.  

Uh yeah, it's a concept enshrined in the First Amendment that keeps your heathen ass from having to go to the Church of Christ every Sunday and Wednesday?

Despite what it's become in some instances in the hands of hacks like Sekulow, it's a legitimate concept.

• Like 1

Uh yeah, it's a concept enshrined in the First Amendment that keeps your heathen ass from having to go to the Church of Christ every Sunday and Wednesday?

Despite what it's become in some instances in the hands of hacks like Sekulow, it's a legitimate concept.

Except it’s not. He uses it like they all do: as a Trojan horse for grift and cruelty/discrimination. It’s, like, the opposite of a legitimate concept in their hands, no matter how fancy their arguin’ sounds.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Except it’s not. He uses it like they all do: as a Trojan horse for grift and cruelty/discrimination. It’s, like, the opposite of a legitimate concept in their hands, no matter how fancy their arguin’ sounds.

It still serves its fundamental purpose.

And I acknowledged that Sekulow perverts it.

Which is why I originally said that it was a shame that Sekulow is attached to it.

Cmon man, did you even read what you quoted.

Edited by TwiceHorn

It still serves its fundamental purpose.

And I acknowledged that Sekulow perverts it.

Which is why I originally said that it was a shame that Sekulow is attached to it.

Cmon man, did you even read what you quoted.

Dude, you got me...the line broke right before “in the hands of hacks like Sekulow,” and I read that break as a comma. Kind of a funny misread by me - add a comma there (like my brain did), and it changes to the opposite of what you said (no explanation as to why I ignored the “hack” dig, though), I’m chuckling, apologies.

• Like 2

Just now, Brisketexan said:

Dude, you got me...the line broke right before “in the hands of hacks like Sekulow,” and I read that break as a comma. Kind of a funny misread by me - add a comma there (like my brain did), and it changes to the opposite of what you said (no explanation as to why I ignored the “hack” dig, though), I’m chuckling, apologies.

It happens, no biggie.  Thanks.

• Like 1

Hilarious article from The Atlantic.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/05/trump-has-lost-plot/611548/

A couple of years ago, BuzzFeed asked a former White House official to explain the logic behind some bizarre Trump action. The official responded with one of the master quotes of the Trump era.

President Trump, the official said, is not playing “the sort of three-dimensional chess people ascribe to decisions like this. More often than not he’s just eating the pieces.”

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Guest Lobo

Yeah Kushner just referred to a constitutionally mandated federal election, which is technically left to the states to decide and hold, as “our plan for right now.”

I mean if trump had said that, I’d be disgusted but not shocked.  Who the fUck is this former 3rd team all conference date rapist to tell us he’s right now planning to let us have our 53rd consecutive presidential election.  Didn’t realize the last 52 were all waiting on him.  

Just now, tx 3 putt said:

Chillax, the kush has this !

and don’t think for a second dear leader and dear son in law haven’t talked about delaying the election with Barr 

I’m quite positive that’s the plan, even if they can’t actually do it. That’s still the plan. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Man, today was a banner day for the emoji445.pngTweet For Every Occasionemoji445.png gang.

Well, there is a perfectly good explanation for this.  You see, Obama is black and the GOP/Trump enablers are all hypocritical fucktards.

• Like 1

Since writing “HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY” at 8:10 a.m. on Sunday, Trump has used his Twitter account to make or elevate allegations of criminal conduct against no less than 20 individuals and organizations.

The list of purported culprits Trump has charged include two television news hosts, a comedian, at least five former officials from the FBI and Justice Department, the state of California, a broadcast television station and at least five top national security officials from President Barack Obama’s administration.