Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

1 hour ago, UDontKnow said:

I wonder why the US doesn't have a military base in Taiwan similar to Okinawa and the Philippines. I admit I need to do more research on the topic, but I'm gonna go out on a limb and blame Nixon for it. 

Because China would flip their wig.

We can barely talk to or about Taiwan without provoking a major diplomatic rift.  China considers Taiwan their sovereign territory.

Taiwan can't be a member of the UN or any other international organization or formally sign even the most innocuous treaty because China would shit itself.

Did one of his Wharton professors repeatedly tell friends and associates that Donald Trump “was the dumbest goddamn student I ever had”?

It’s rare for a professor to disparage the intelligence of a student, but according to attorney Frank DiPrima, who was close friends with professor William T. Kelley for 47 years, the prof made an exception for Donald Trump, at least in private. “He must have told me that 100 times over the course of 30 years,” says DiPrima, who has been practicing law since 1963 and has served as in-house counsel for entities including the Federal Trade Commission and Playboy Enterprises. “I remember the inflection of his voice when he said it: ‘Donald Trump was the dumbest goddamn student I ever had!’” He would say that [Trump] came to Wharton thinking he already knew everything, that he was arrogant and he wasn’t there to learn.” Kelley, who passed away in 2011 at age 94, taught marketing at Wharton for 31 years, retiring in 1982.

https://www.phillymag.com/news/2019/09/14/donald-trump-at-wharton-university-of-pennsylvania/

A professor of marketing, no less.  Not finance, not accounting, not economics.  Not to unduly disparage marketing, but you'd think if there was something Teh Donald might excel in, even if in an idiot savant kind of way, it would be marketing.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Like 3

Melting down every day and flinging shit at random seems to have less appeal than Team Trump seems to believe.

Since the beginning of May, his approval number has stayed stuck in neutral, while disapproval has increased by 3 points. The gap between the two is now at a 2-month high regardless of which polling aggregator you use.

RCP: 44.9/52.8 (7.9 disapprove).

538: 43.2/52.9 (9.7 disapprove)

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

Did one of his Wharton professors repeatedly tell friends and associates that Donald Trump “was the dumbest goddamn student I ever had”?

It’s rare for a professor to disparage the intelligence of a student, but according to attorney Frank DiPrima, who was close friends with professor William T. Kelley for 47 years, the prof made an exception for Donald Trump, at least in private. “He must have told me that 100 times over the course of 30 years,” says DiPrima, who has been practicing law since 1963 and has served as in-house counsel for entities including the Federal Trade Commission and Playboy Enterprises. “I remember the inflection of his voice when he said it: ‘Donald Trump was the dumbest goddamn student I ever had!’” He would say that [Trump] came to Wharton thinking he already knew everything, that he was arrogant and he wasn’t there to learn.” Kelley, who passed away in 2011 at age 94, taught marketing at Wharton for 31 years, retiring in 1982.

https://www.phillymag.com/news/2019/09/14/donald-trump-at-wharton-university-of-pennsylvania/

A professor of marketing, no less.  Not finance, not accounting, not economics.  Not to unduly disparage marketing, but you'd think if there was something Teh Donald might excel in, even if in an idiot savant kind of way, it would be marketing.

Holy crap. TIL this happened:

2 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

I have a feeling the conversation went like this: 

WH Docs: You have positive test results.

Trump: So I tested negative, that’s great, what a positive result!

WH Docs: Uh, yeah...

spacer.png

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

god just stop stealing for a fucking minute.

I worked at a place where every.single.corporate.branding.document was stolen.  It was either a stupid pun or just outright trademark theft.  That was our marketing department.  They all thought they were answering to Miles Gentell in "ThirtySomething".  It was absurd.

24 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I worked at a place where every.single.corporate.branding.document was stolen.  It was either a stupid pun or just outright trademark theft.  That was our marketing department.  They all thought they were answering to Miles Gentell in "ThirtySomething".  It was absurd.

reminds me of a very early simpsons episode where lisa is concerned because homer is stealing cable (to watch a big fight i think).  and she goes to see rev lovejoy to talk it over.  and one of them brings up stealing bread to feed your starving family.  and he's like, "lisa, do you think your father is stealing bread?"  and she replies, "i don't know, he might be, i can't keep my eye on him every second."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Holy crap. TIL this happened:

Ok so I figured I would click on this link for a laugh or two.

While I was waiting for the "music" to begin I thought to myself, damn they photoshopped the shit out of her picture here. 

Then the music starts and holy shit, they have autotuned her so much it doesn't sound like a human fucking voice.

The autotune is somehow more pronounced than the Photoshop. It's like they saw the spinal tap clip and said 11, hold my beer were taking it to 15.

3 minutes ago, Grade of D as in David said:

While I was waiting for the "music" to begin I thought to myself, damn they photoshopped the shit out of her picture here. 

Then the music starts and holy shit, they have autotuned her so much it doesn't sound like a human fucking voice.

The autotune is somehow more pronounced than the Photoshop. It's like they saw the spinal tap clip and said 11, hold my beer were taking it to 15.

It's so perfectly Trumpian. 

15 minutes ago, Grade of D as in David said:

On the bright side, things like this convince me that there is absolutely no way that potentially violent, destructive aliens are watching us.

Because if they were, our consistent shitshowedness, punctuated by glistening turds such as this, would have guaranteed our destruction -- the laser cannons would have already blown us to bits.

So, we've got that going for us.  Which is nice.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

On the bright side, things like this convince me that there is absolutely no way that potentially violent, destructive aliens are watching us.

Because if they were, our consistent shitshowedness, punctuated by glistening turds such as this, would have guaranteed our destruction -- the laser cannons would have already blown us to bits.

So, we've got that going for us.  Which is nice.

[Damnit. I shouldn't be allowed to post a quote with no reply.]

I'm hoping Operation Warp Speed will result in the Vulcans making first contact and saving us from ourselves with a good dose of logic. 

Edited by WhatTheBuck
  • Like 1