Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

Melania was on CNN just now.  She said we should all read that book we've been meaning to read.

She sounded like an android feigning compassion.  

What a weird, creepy family.

We went from Michelle Obama to a high-dollar hooker who thinks no one reads books unless they're jailed in their house for several months.

Christ, this country, man.

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

We went from Michelle Obama to a high-dollar hooker who thinks no one reads books unless they're jailed in their house for several months.

We're so much better off without Michelle Obama. She wanted kids to [check notes] eat healthier! Ridiculous!

22 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Melania was on CNN just now.  She said we should all read that book we've been meaning to read.

What weird timing. I thought we were opening everything back up for business? Wouldn't the time to read "that book" have been two months ago? 

8 hours ago, Storm the Field said:

Melting down every day and flinging shit at random seems to have less appeal than Team Trump seems to believe.

Since the beginning of May, his approval number has stayed stuck in neutral, while disapproval has increased by 3 points. The gap between the two is now at a 2-month high regardless of which polling aggregator you use.

RCP: 44.9/52.8 (7.9 disapprove).

538: 43.2/52.9 (9.7 disapprove)

In the 8 hours since I posted this, Trump dropped to 42.8/53.5 on 538. Highest disapproval number at any point in 2020. 

On that note, this is only the 3rd time in recent history an incumbent has been -10 or worse at this point in their first term. The last 2 times were Carter in 1980 and Bush in 1992. Anyone remember how those elections turned out? 

8 minutes ago, TornACL said:

James Woods tweeted some video of a black guy beating up some elderly guy and now all the pawpaws are all worked up about it. 

It’s the latest opportunity  to get the older supporters afraid. Happened in Detroit apparently (?) in a nursing home so many of the comments are about the Governor and how this is “also happening in New York, Pennsylvania, and California” as if elder abuse only occurs in swing/blue states. It’s difficult to watch, I thought the victim was lucky to be alive because the man appeared to be striking him so violently. 

It says something though, when one governs by fear and stokes those embers. I would prefer a leader who inspires courage not craven misery. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TexArcher said:

What a weird, creepy family.

Christ, this country, man.

it was pretty robotic, not to mention vapid, shallow, and lacking any true passion. it felt like she was just punching the clock,  but i am sure if you got to Texags it will be all fawning and the most beautiful first lady ever talk.

Edited by yoladu

12 minutes ago, yoladu said:

it was pretty robotic, not mention vapid, shallow, and lacking any true passion... but i am sure if you got to Texags it will be all fawning and the most beautful first lady ever talk.

Well, she's no gorilla.

Everyone has been pulling out “Why Henry Ford Was A Terrible Horrible Person” after Trump’s dumb comment today and this is possibly my favorite -

That evil nazi fuck is why I had to suffer through that promenade and do-si-do garbage in middle school!
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, TornACL said:

James Woods tweeted some video of a black guy beating up some elderly guy and now all the pawpaws are all worked up about it. 

And he’s got nothing better to do than to sit around reacting to tweets from some d list celebrity like a housewife on facebook.

7 hours ago, Grade of D as in David said:

Ok so I figured I would click on this link for a laugh or two.

While I was waiting for the "music" to begin I thought to myself, damn they photoshopped the shit out of her picture here. 

Then the music starts and holy shit, they have autotuned her so much it doesn't sound like a human fucking voice.

The autotune is somehow more pronounced than the Photoshop. It's like they saw the spinal tap clip and said 11, hold my beer were taking it to 15.

It sounds like Bollywood music with that auto tuner.

6 hours ago, HornOnTheBayou said:

We're so much better off without Michelle Obama. She wanted kids to [check notes] eat healthier! Ridiculous!

What really pisses me off about that whole episode is that my Sarah Palin-loving mom, back when I was 5-6 years old and didn't like eating vegetables, used to set the timer and make me sit at the table and finish my vegetables before the timer went off or I was going to get a spanking. But she was totally fine with Simple Sarah the Winking Bimbo bringing cookies to school children because that nasty black woman promoted the subversive idea that children should eat more vegetables. 

5 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

Everyone has been pulling out “Why Henry Ford Was A Terrible Horrible Person” after Trump’s dumb comment today and this is possibly my favorite -

That evil nazi fuck is why I had to suffer through that promenade and do-si-do garbage in middle school!

As a white male whose hips don't lie about how stiff and awkward he is on the dance floor, I can't get too riled up about dances that take zero talent to perform.  Also, see two-stepping and the Macarena.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

So seeing Donald Trump's motorcade was more important than the birth of her own children?  Everything about the quote screams, "lunatic" and "idiot" merged together.

Between that, and the people who were outraged because they couldn't go to Red Lobster for two months, you realize that a lot of people live really pathetic lives. It's sad.