Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

20 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

I know how to show those folks I support them -- I'll do something that will kill a bunch of them, especially the demographic within that REALLY supports me!

In the American church, the Gospel has been replaced by self-actualization and worship of self. It’s most blatant in the prosperity churches (live your best life), but’s much more widespread than that. There’s a tension between the Gospel and American values. Among many of my evangelical friends, staying home from church is interpreted through the the inward-looking “fearing death” rather than the outward-looking “loving our neighbor.” They are concerned with how the crisis impact them. God has been replaced by self. 

Church involvement has been a wonderful part of my life and missing out on weekly services has been a great loss in my life. It’s been an imposition on my life and I resent it. There’s nothing wrong with acknowledging this, but the Christian response should be to lay down our lives for one another and serving our communities. This service includes not meeting. Real leadership would have recast this whole mess in these terms. Sadly, we have something worse than no leadership; we have leadership by chaos and division.

I’ve seen the argument that the church has historically met during pandemics and that God kept them safe, but the way this is framed is a perversion of the Gospel. The church that continued meeting during past pandemics did so in service to their community and at their own cost and peril. They were essentially doing what health care workers are doing now. They didn’t meet for themselves, but as a ministry to their community. Sunday school is a wonderful ministry, but it’s ultimately an inward looking one.

Largely in America, the church meetings that have been fighting to reopen (no one is shutting down their food pantries) are meeting for the sake of Christian fellowship. This is a good thing, but a good thing that can be sacrificed for the sake of our communities. 

Christians shouldn’t fear what can destroy their bodies, but that which can destroy their souls. This false Gospel will do both.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

He's probably angling to get it named a historic location, then will use that to justify property tax exemption.  Also would falsely inflate the property value for using as loan collateral...but then he'd never do that right?  Not old Honest Don!?!

I know better than to be surprised, but holy shit, this man is a pathetic human being.  If my 16 YO ever acted like Trump I would beat the shit out of him and ground him for years.

Well, beating the shit out of him might be a problem beyond my means, but I'd definitely ground him for years.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I know better than to be surprised, but holy shit, this man is a pathetic human being.  If my 16 YO ever acted like Trump I would beat the shit out of him and ground him for years.

Well, beating the shit out of him might be a problem beyond my means, but I'd definitely ground him for years.

What would you do if you knew your 16 year old was liking Donald Trump tweets?

4 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

His sadistic cruel streak and tax fraud notwithstanding, I am considering composing a sternly worded letter to the President. How can he not mention on this momentous plaque, on this momentous occasion, on this momentous site, that these many great fictitious American northern and southern soldiers in this fictitious battle died like dogs?! Sad.