Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

Hey, remember when a few days ago the president accused Joe Scarborough of murder, and called for an investigation? I like how the FAKE NEWS MEDIA gave that about 1/100th the attention that they gave to Biden's stupid "you ain't black" quip. 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

It’s because of how he stands. His center of gravity is way anterior so he wobbles trying to keep his balance. 

I'm almost positive he wears lifts so he can look taller. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ted Lange said:

Bigfoot has better posture than Bigfat

Yes.  

18 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

It’s because of how he stands. His center of gravity is way anterior so he wobbles trying to keep his balance. 

Yes.  

12 minutes ago, Grade of D as in David said:

With the way that fat fuck leans when he stands people should start taking pictures where it looks like they are holding him upright like the Leaning Tower of Pisa.

Yes.  

11 minutes ago, Chooky said:

I'm almost positive he wears lifts so he can look taller. 

Yes.

0971ABE2-F2A7-4A6D-96FE-B69128491A03.jpeg

Edited by ChiTownDoc

23 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

Maybe he just took a huge dump in his Depends and that caused his center of gravity to be off so he started wobbling a little.  Occam's Razor and whatnot.

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Calling a marine an “American fraud” on Memorial Day. I know I shouldn’t be surprised by anything at this point, but holy shit.

Trump likes Marines that didn't actually join the Marine Corp.  Maybe if he Conor Lamb avoided serving because of a bone spur then Trump and the Republicans would respect him.

20 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

Something i hadn't considered:

If the cognitive decline continues at its current clip, by 2024 Trump will be nowhere near capable of...who am I kidding, the hate cult will still embrace him.

I can see Trump keeping the political aspiration door ajar so that he can continue raking in cash from suckers. Don the expert con no doubt sees the long-term grift potential there.

Edited by Degenerate Gardner
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, UpperWestside said:

When he gives up the ghost I am going to go piss all over the Trump Links sign by the Whitestone Bridge. His name cannot be completely erased from everything here soon enough. His family should be shunned and forced to relocate to the Pitcairn Islands to live out their miserable and selfish lives in squalor. 

Look that place up on Google Maps and try and find a more isolated place on this planet to send them than that one. 

Right next to where it was decided to park the nuclear waste. No AC. 

12 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Great reviews! Hooray!

The ratings for his briefings were off the charts! Winning!

Number one on facebook according to himself! Great days? We're living in them!

What a weird fucking guy. Game show host/business failure.

sometimes you don’t recognize the glory days while you’re living them. i can’t wait until there’s another dogshit gop president in 12-16 years and when they do something stupid we can all tweet “worse than trump!”

i’m just joking. the gop isn’t winning anymore elections. 

38 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

I truly believe that if the Challenger disaster happened today, and Christa McAuliffe had said anti-Trump things prior, he would tweet a vague allegation that the disaster was her fault.  

Edited by Snake Diggity

4 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

I truly believe that if the Challenger disaster happened today, and Christa McAuliffe had said anti-Trump things prior, he would tweet a vague allegation that the disaster was her fault.  

Well duh, Space Force doesn't have disasters. Space Force will have a parade if anything makes it to the stratosphere.

Nor is arguing that Trump is a bad person and therefore that the people who support him are either brainwashed or also bad people helpful. He is, and some of them are. But that doesn’t explain why men who would normally ostracize someone like Trump continue to embrace him.

---

It should not be a surprise then, that Trump is a hero to a culture in which so many men are already trapped in perpetual adolescence. And especially for men who feel like life might have passed them by, whose fondest memories are rooted somewhere in their own personal Wonder Years from elementary school until high-school graduation, Trump is a walking permission slip to shrug off the responsibilities of manhood.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/05/donald-trump-the-most-unmanly-president/612031/

• Like 2

Any other time in our history, a newspaper article like this would have had us chuckling and wondering how fucked up a foreign country is.  Today, it's a mirror image of the United States.  You can literally change the words Bolsonaro and Brazil for Trump and United States and the article still holds true:

https://lasvegassun.com/news/2020/may/26/in-bolsonaros-brazil-everyone-else-is-to-blame-for/

With Brazil emerging as one of the world's most infected countries, President Jair Bolsonaro is deflecting all responsibility for the coronavirus crisis, casting blame on mayors, governors, an outgoing health minister and the media.

By contrast, he portrays himself as a clear-eyed crusader willing to defend an unpopular idea — that shutting down the economy to control COVID-19 will ultimately cause more suffering than allowing the disease to run its course. The refusal of governors to fall into line with his decree allowing gyms to open, he said, verged on authoritarianism.

Confronted with a travel ban imposed on Brazil by the U.S. because of widespread COVID-19, one of his advisers called it press hysteria.

Since the outbreak started, the Brazilian leader has avoided acknowledging the potential effects of his actions, particularly in undermining local leaders’ stay-at-home recommendations. A rare exception came in mid-April, as Bolsonaro appointed a new health minister tasked with sparing the economy from the coronavirus.

“Reopening commerce is a risk I run because, if it (the virus) gets worse, then it lands in my lap,” he said.

Less than two weeks later, as Brazil’s death toll blew past 5,000, he told reporters, “You’re not going to put on my lap this count that isn’t mine.”

Almost a month on, the death toll in the country of 211 million has more than quadrupled, to 23,473, and continues to accelerate.

The Brazilian Supreme Court determined that states and cities have jurisdiction to impose isolation measures. So Bolsonaro on May 7 walked purposefully across the capital’s Three Powers Plaza to the top court, a tight cluster of ministers and business leaders in tow, and demanded local restrictions be tempered.

“Some states went too far in their restrictive measures, and the consequences are knocking on our door,” he said, adding that tens of millions of Brazilians have lost their income. He has repeatedly singled out some local leaders by name.

Spoiler

When governors defied Bolsonaro's subsequent decree that gyms, barbershops and beauty salons be allowed to operate as essential services, he accused them of undermining the rule of law and suggested the move would invite “undesirable authoritarianism to emerge in Brazil.”

On Saturday night, Bolsonaro ventured into the capital of Brasilia to lead by example, this time eating a hot dog bought from a street vendor. Video he posted to Facebook showed supporters snapping selfies and calling him by his nickname — “Myth!” — while those in self-quarantine in overlooking apartments banged pots and pans in protest.

A May 17-18 poll by XP/Ipespe found 58% of those surveyed rated Bolsonaro’s pandemic response as bad or terrible, and only 21% as good or excellent. Governors fared more than twice as well in both counts. The poll had a margin of error of 3.2 percentage points.

Latin America’s largest nation has confirmed about 375,000 COVID-19 cases, more than any nation except the U.S., and experts say that figure is a significant undercount due to insufficient testing. The strain on Brazil’s underfunded hospitals has pushed them to the brink of collapse in multiple states and prevents some patients from getting treatment.

Havoc and heartache are unfolding beneath a void of leadership, according to Miguel Lago, executive director of Brazil’s Institute for Health Policy Studies, which advises public health officials. Two health ministers have left office during the pandemic, making Brazil the world’s only nation that can claim such distinction, he said.

Brazil is “completely incapable of dealing with and responding to this crisis as this crisis should be responded to — with complete leadership, clear messages, political stability and unity,” Lago said. “That’s not the case here. Basically, what we’re seeing is a complete lack of seriousness and competence.”

The far-right leader fired his first health minister, Luiz Henrique Mandetta, for supporting governors’ restrictions. In his departing address, Mandetta referred to Bolsonaro in what he later confirmed to magazine Época was an allusion to the Albert Camus book “The Plague." The novel about a diseased city includes a passage that says those who did not believe in the plague were first to die because they took no precautions.

Bolsonaro’s second minister, Nelson Teich, resigned about a month later after openly disagreeing with Bolsonaro over chloroquine, the predecessor of the anti-malarial often touted by U.S. President Donald Trump as viable treatment. Bolsonaro in his 17-month tenure has often expressed open admiration for Trump and the U.S.

Trump would have to fire his government's top expert on the virus and the expert's successor, attend anti-pandemic rallies and expand chloroquine treatment “to approach the level of crisis incompetence" shown by Bolsonaro, Ian Bremmer, the president of political consultancy Eurasia Group, said on Twitter this month.

Weeks after praising chloroquine and directing the Army to ramp up production, Bolsonaro admitted last week that there is no scientific evidence of its effectiveness, but said the nation is “at war,” and it is better to fight and lose than not fight at all. The country still has only an interim health minister: a general with no health experience whatsoever before April.

In the capital on Sunday, pro-Bolsonaro supporters staged a small demonstration in front of the presidential palace, as they have for several weeks. Bolsonaro joined and once again lifted children in his arms.

He shared a video from a helicopter flyover of the demonstration that revealed a sparsely occupied plaza. There were perhaps 1,000 people in attendance, in a city of 3 million. One banner read “Lockdowns kill more than the Chinese virus!!!”

That same day, Trump prohibited entry to the U.S. of foreigners coming from Brazil. Trump had already banned certain travelers from China, Europe, the United Kingdom and Ireland and, to a lesser extent, Iran. He has not moved to ban travel from Russia, which has the world’s third-highest number of infections.

Bolsonaro’s special adviser on international affairs, Filipe Martins, tweeted that the ban was the natural result of Brazil’s large population. “There isn’t anything specifically against Brazil. Ignore the hysteria from the press,” he said. Bolsonaro shared Martins’ comment on social media but has not commented himself.

Upon leaving the presidential residence Monday morning, Bolsonaro declined to answer reporters’ questions. One supporter grabbed his attention, and she begged him to launch a “massive propaganda” campaign to improve his negative image abroad.

“The global press is leftist,” Bolsonaro explained coolly, then outstretched his arm fully to point at journalists.

After Bolsonaro got into his car, his supporters turned toward reporters, blasting them as “trash” and “communists,” making obscene gestures and threats.

Edited by Francisco 2.0
  • Like 4

Tom Nichols, a conservative professor at the Naval War College in Rhode Island, writes that he is baffled that blue-collar white men continue to support Trump even as the president has whiny tantrums about being treated unfairly in the media

“Courage, honesty, respect, an economy of words, a bit of modesty, and a willingness to take responsibility are all virtues prized by the self-identified class of hard-working men, the stand-up guys, among whom I was raised,” he writes. “And yet, many of these same men expect none of those characteristics from Trump, who is a vain, cowardly, lying, vulgar, jabbering blowhard.”

The most damning aspect of Trump, writes Nichols, is his utter refusal to take any responsibility for actions:

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/05/donald-trump-the-most-unmanly-president/612031/

Edited by Satchel
  • Like 1

From the linked article:

"...Trump behaves in ways that many working-class men would ridicule: “He wears bronzer, loves gold and gossip, is obsessed with his physical appearance, whines constantly, can't control his emotions, watches daytime television, enjoys parades and interior decorating, and used to sell perfume.”

7 minutes ago, Satchel said:

Tom Nichols, a conservative professor at the Naval War College in Rhode Island, writes that he is baffled that blue-collar white men continue to support Trump even as the president has whiny tantrums about being treated unfairly in the media

Well, as it turns out quite a bit of the working class blue-collar folks are hypocrites.  

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Message Board User said:

JFC.

Couldnt even be bothered to spell his first or last name correctly.

i know some might see that as a little thing, but there is absolutely no attention to detail; the sloppiness permeates completely from the negligible to the most significant in everything.

Edited by yoladu
  • Like 2

Calling a marine an “American fraud” on Memorial Day. I know I shouldn’t be surprised by anything at this point, but holy shit.
Trump: 'If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Biden, then you ain't a Marine'

38 minutes ago, yoladu said:

Couldnt even be bothered to spell his first or last name correctly.

i know some might see that as a little thing, but there is absolutely no attention to detail; the sloppiness permeates completely from the negligible to the most significant in everything.

Imagine what the RFQ looks like that the brilliant Jared Kushner composes.