Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

2 hours ago, TornACL said:

He doubles down because it means MOARRRR ATTENTION. 

Attention is his only currency and his only motivation for anything. 

I disagree. While I'm not a 3D chess guy, I'm willing to give credit where credit is due. When Trump does this there is a specific crisis management strategy in play and he is very aware of what he's doing. It's the same thing he did with Khirzr Khan. It's extremely sound, if amoral. 

I always come back to this quote from Eric Dezenhall, one of the great minds in crisis management and wrote my favorite no-bullshit book on damage control

“The great lesson of Trump’s career is that what goes around does NOT come around, not even a little,” Eric Dezenhall, the CEO of Dezenhall Resources in Washington and one of the country’s experts in crisis and damage control, wrote to me in an email. “It is wrong to hold him to the same standard as other presidents. The pundit consensus is that if he fails to deliver on jobs and key legislation that he will be punished for it. Wrong. His main mission is to vex the political and media elite, period. It’s essentially a mandate to entertain. If he does that, most of his supporters—and the people who will never admit they are his supporters—will be satisfied for quite some time. If he fails to deliver in other areas, well, that’s the fault of the deep state or some other villain. There is always the possibility that his run at the tables will end at his presidency, but I’m not so sure.”

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Like 3

41 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

I always come back to this quote from Eric Dezenhall, one of the great minds in crisis management and wrote my favorite no-bullshit book on damage control

“The great lesson of Trump’s career is that what goes around does NOT come around, not even a little,” Eric Dezenhall, the CEO of Dezenhall Resources in Washington and one of the country’s experts in crisis and damage control, wrote to me in an email. “It is wrong to hold him to the same standard as other presidents. The pundit consensus is that if he fails to deliver on jobs and key legislation that he will be punished for it. Wrong. His main mission is to vex the political and media elite, period. It’s essentially a mandate to entertain. If he does that, most of his supporters—and the people who will never admit they are his supporters—will be satisfied for quite some time. If he fails to deliver in other areas, well, that’s the fault of the deep state or some other villain. There is always the possibility that his run at the tables will end at his presidency, but I’m not so sure.”

such good points are made here, and if you think about it - as it pertains to being elected president, there really isn't that much deception involved.  if you can convince the public once, often times based on elements outside your control (coming off 8 years of dem leadership, it often swings back to the gop), then you really only need to swindle and deceive for one re-election campaign. 

people say 2018 was a referendum on trump, and it was, and he got destroyed.  but he's still the same dude with zero follow-through, zero accountability, he has not changed.  in fact, you could say 2018 didn't matter at all, because he's not actually trying to push through legislation.  he had both houses for 2 years and didn't get shit done.  he didn't even start bitching about the wall until 2019, and we're still waiting on the repeal/replacement of aca.

incumbents have such an advantage, there's really no downside to lies and broken promises.  he assumes half the country will hate him, and he's already branded them liars and fake news and just airing personal grudges against him.  he really hasn't had to "pay for shit" (both literally and figuratively) once in his life.  this is why he needs to get absolutely wrecked in november.  and drag the fucking senate down with him.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Red Five said:

I heard someone say this the other day: If you had an employee behaving like this, you would fire them. If you had a friend behaving like this, you would stop being their friend. If you had a family member behaving like this, you would seek immediate help.  

true, and that doesn’t just apply to his current behavior.  its applicable to his behavior going back at least 3 years. 

if Trump were any current Republican’s family member, they would have taken away his car keys and phone and had him put in assisted living years ago.  and yet 100% of them support him as President of the United States unconditionally.  

because they are party over country cultist hacks.

1 hour ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

Officially over 100k dead. Anyone else tired of all the winninng? asking for 100k dead people.

But everyone knows that number is bullshit. I was perusing Tigerdroppings the other day and got curious about their political board. Just wow. I don't recommend reading any threads over there.

https://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/politics/opinion-poll--what-is-covids-actual-death-total-in-america/90131124/

Edited by LonghornSean
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, LonghornSean said:

But everyone knows that number is bullshit. I was perusing Tigerdroppings the other day and got curious about their political board. Just wow. I don't recommend reading any threads over there.

https://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/politics/opinion-poll--what-is-covids-actual-death-total-in-america/90131124/

TexAgs is worse. 

33 minutes ago, LonghornSean said:

<——Banned since 2017 from tigerdroppings.  I’d argue their political board is more racist than Texags 

The beauty of it all is that when you tell someone who is dumb as a fucking post that they're dumb as a fucking post, they almost always respond with "hrrrr drrrr fake news libtard you're gonna teach me math?  I don't think so hrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr".

I have experience in these matters.  A guy I went to HS with, who was in fact dumber than a post, but the prom king sort, is riling up the morons on Facebook, and any back and forth where facts are presented then drrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrred continue to shock me.  I know, fool me 7,341 times, whatever.

25 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

The beauty of it all is that when you tell someone who is dumb as a fucking post that they're dumb as a fucking post, they almost always respond with "hrrrr drrrr fake news libtard you're gonna teach me math?  I don't think so hrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr".

I have experience in these matters.  A guy I went to HS with, who was in fact dumber than a post, but the prom king sort, is riling up the morons on Facebook, and any back and forth where facts are presented then drrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrred continue to shock me.  I know, fool me 7,341 times, whatever.

From Tiger Droppings:

Different levels of government have admitted to inflating the numbers for CARES money. Hospitals have admitted to inflating the numbers for CARES money. I guarantee there are government agencies and hospitals that have not admit they were inflating numbers for the CARES money.

Government officials got on national TV and admitted that they are counting deaths not caused by COVID as COVID deaths. Nobody will know the real number, ever.

So many admissions, so few links. Joe Bob told me he'd seen it. Saw another guy say so in a post above. Must be true.

Not surprising; just depressing to watch. Sort of like watching a line of people at the chocolate fountain at a cheap food buffet. "Hey, even a flyin' cockroach is good with endlessly recycled and diseased chocolate on it! Get the kids over here fore they run out!"

Edited by RomaVicta

44 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

He commits defamation almost daily on Twitter. While I wish someone would test the waters on absolute immunity when it comes to Presidential libel by tweet, it isn't likely to happen.  

Post presidency, the lawsuits will flow like water though.  There is no way he will be able to keep his trap shut, and he is going to get zero free passes.  He may get bled dry on that alone. 

6 hours ago, LonghornSean said:

"Me! Me! Me! I'm so great!"

dDj5921.gif

Do the internet jockeys on the Right still count the number of times a President use the pronoun "I"?

i know they did between 2008-2016.

Edited by yoladu

47 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

And now the story will magically morph into the idea that this grieving widow begged President Donald Trump, Sir for help in finding out how his wife really died.

He sends me a letter, begging me, sir, please help me put my wife's killer behind bars. Asking me to lock him up <crowd chants "Lock him up, lock him up">, like Hillary, with her servers. Unbelievable what happened. He's crying, and I'm getting calls from all over the world, congratulating us on what we've done. And next year even more, more so than anyone thought possible. And this guy is a Ph.D. A lot of people have told me that I know more than the PhDs.

• Like 6

Just now, Bozo_Casanova said:

He sends me a letter, begging me, sir, please help me put my wife's killer behind bars. Asking me to lock him up <crowd chants "Lock him up, lock him up">, like Hillary, with her servers. Unbelievable what happened. He's crying, and I'm getting calls from all over the world, congratulating us on what we've done. And next year even more, more so than anyone thought possible. And this guy is a Ph.D. A lot of people have told me that I know more than the PhDs.

I swear to God, an absurd algorithm is our president.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

Post presidency, the lawsuits will flow like water though.  There is no way he will be able to keep his trap shut, and he is going to get zero free passes.  He may get bled dry on that alone. 

how's he going to keep up with all the lawsuits, coming at him from every direction ?

will melina's divorce papers get lost in the shuffle of endless lawsuits ?

Edited by tx 3 putt

1 hour ago, HenryJames said:

I literally thought after reading that powerful and gut wrenching letter from the widower : "Gosh, I hope someone gets that letter in front of Trump to read so that he will tone it down and stop."

that was my thought.. and that thought remained there until i read the tweet from Maggie Haberman.

i have no idea why i would think he would be decent. It's generally my first thought that people will be do the decent thing. They usually do.

Trump doesn't do decency. I should know this.

Edited by yoladu

3 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

such good points are made here, and if you think about it - as it pertains to being elected president, there really isn't that much deception involved.  if you can convince the public once, often times based on elements outside your control (coming off 8 years of dem leadership, it often swings back to the gop), then you really only need to swindle and deceive for one re-election campaign. 

people say 2018 was a referendum on trump, and it was, and he got destroyed.  but he's still the same dude with zero follow-through, zero accountability, he has not changed.  in fact, you could say 2018 didn't matter at all, because he's not actually trying to push through legislation.  he had both houses for 2 years and didn't get shit done.  he didn't even start bitching about the wall until 2019, and we're still waiting on the repeal/replacement of aca.

incumbents have such an advantage, there's really no downside to lies and broken promises.  he assumes half the country will hate him, and he's already branded them liars and fake news and just airing personal grudges against him.  he really hasn't had to "pay for shit" (both literally and figuratively) once in his life.  this is why he needs to get absolutely wrecked in november.  and drag the fucking senate down with him.

I agree to an extent, but his act is beginning to wear thin.  So he has to amp it up, make it even more outrageous.  Then it just starts sounding like a kid throwing a tantrum.   A lot like a drama queen, or attention whore.   All about the attention, but after a while people stop paying attention.    I think 2018 going into 2019 people started seeing through his bullshit, his bluff and bluster.  That's about the time he started his pity party tweets too.   

Like many in here though, the worry is what he might do to grab that attention pertaining to wars or nukes or whatever.   I do think though that 4 years of this character will be enough to break the 8 year cycles.   In fact, it might swing it blue for several presidents to come, considering how the current republicans are ready to sink with him.    

Yes, you have outliers like Romney, but by and large most Republicans (local and up) have tied onto the Trump train.   And I think some of them are beginning that train's about to barrel off the edge of the world and take them with it.    

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

how's he going to keep up with all the lawsuits, coming at him from every direction ?

will melina's divorce papers get lost in the shuffle of endless lawsuits ?

Hopefully his tombstone reads “Sued into oblivion “.  Right above the “Please do no put gum in the urinal” part.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Suspend him until he resigns. 

LOL, good call.  He would quit by lunch tomorrow.  All he wants to do is bitch and moan.  He gives zero fucks about being the President.  It just gives him a bigger platform to bitch and moan but that's all seriously hampered with no twitter.  If you made that deal there's a decent chance he might actually call it so he can get back his direct line to bate his mouthbreathing moron base with more red meat.  

4 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Hopefully his tombstone reads “Sued into oblivion “.  Right above the “Please do no put gum in the urinal” part.

Lol, if his tombstone isn't on private ground, it's going to be defaced/destroyed weekly. As it should.

• Like 2