Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

1 hour ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Nah, but he's prob gonna execute an EO that takes away their Section 230 rights.  I don't see how a President can override federal legislation, but then again, what has ever stopped this dumb bastard from ever trying anything:

Or, his EO will "block" twitter from using internet connections paid for by public money.  Honestly, anything goes at this point.

And then Twitter would make users agree to indemnify it for any losses attributable to their posts. Trump gets sued into Bolivia for his tweets. It's poetic. 

2 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Nah, but he's prob gonna execute an EO that takes away their Section 230 rights.  I don't see how a President can override federal legislation, but then again, what has ever stopped this dumb bastard from ever trying anything:

Or, his EO will "block" twitter from using internet connections paid for by public money.  Honestly, anything goes at this point.

think of all the energy and resourses he has working on the "legal angles" for his Twitter grudge.

Hey, maybe take a look at coronavirus thing when you get a chance, Mr. President.

Edited by yoladu
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

It has been 583 days since Trump said he would be sharing more information about the death of Jamal Khashoggi in less than a month. "A month? That's a long time. There's no reason for that much. It'll be faster,"  Trump said. 

Back in 2017 he said the Muslim ban would be for 3 or 4 months until we figured out "what the hell is going on." He doesn't give a dam about Khashoggi, he may have even given it his blessing beforehand (I can't prove it but it wouldn't surprise me). And the Muslim ban will persist as long as he's in office. If I took the time and effort, I could find where I predicted on the old site that it would still be in effect come reelection time. 

1 hour ago, Celery Man said:

Man this is just fucking wild. The President of the United States of America’s just quote tweeted a video that starts with “I’ve come to believe that the only good democrat is a dead democrat.”

A month from now Trump is going to be openly encouraging right wing terrorist groups.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-twitter-trump-executive-order-social/trumps-executive-order-targets-political-bias-at-twitter-and-facebook-draft-idUSKBN2340MW

The draft order also requires the Attorney General to establish a working group including state attorneys general that will examine the enforcement of state laws that prohibit online platforms from engaging in unfair and deceptive acts. 

The working group will also monitor or create watch-lists of users based on their interactions with content or other users.

I'm sure this will end well.

19 minutes ago, DigDug said:

Just ban the sorry bastard for threatening the protections of the platform.  What the hell is Jack waiting on..

I'd like to think Jack can pay for security, but imagine the death threats (hell, he prob has them today) if he were to actually have Trump's plug pulled.  People would actually be crazy enough to try it.

Or firebomb Twitter offices.  The possibilities are endless.

Edited by Francisco 2.0

Guest Lobo

The violence about to be visited upon this country by a small subset of Trump cultists will number in the thousands.  It will begin in September and last well into 2021.  

Most of the groups are being tracked and will be dealt with by law enforcement.  But in those states where legacy Republican-elected officials still trying to appeal to Trump's base for 2022 elections, a lot of it will be allowed to slide by (the threats, obviously they'll arrest and prosecute the actual murderers/assaulters).  Our darkest chapter is yet to come.  

Nothing more than another play to Trump’s base, “Even Twitter is out to get us now.” He’s playing the same hand he always plays which is the media is against him and now he’s trying to lump social media companies in with the actual media companies. It’s f-ing stupid, but his intellectually challenged base will eat it right up.

23 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Twitter should grow some balls and pull his plug. 

I can tell you this, I am currently banned because I was editing my profile and accidentally put in the wrong birthdate.  

Didn’t threaten anyone, didn’t spread massive lies, just wasn’t paying close attention.   Account locked.

I hope one day we can just have free speech again, and at the top of Twitter or Whatever it will say...  Twitter - Don't believe everything you read, fact check it.

Don't be lazy.  Wait a day or so for other people to fact check if you are lazy, before piling on something.

I wish MSM would be better at fact checking, now it's just whatever the latest topic is, we have to be first!  We / I need clicks!

Edited by BNB

1 minute ago, BNB said:

I hope one day we can just have free speech again, and at the top of Twitter or Whatever it will say...  Twitter - Don't believe everything you read, fact check it.

Don't be lazy.  Wait a day or so for other people to fact check if you are lazy, before piling on something.

I wish MSM would be better act fact checking, now it's just whatever the latest topic is, we have to be first!  We/I need clicks!

Huh?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Huh?

I don't believe everything I read unless I fact check it? But I believe everyone should be able to say whatever they want? I wish more people, especially the media would fact check stuff before they write/broadcast stories, what do you have an issue with?

Edited by BNB

Guest Lobo

People that can cull a state's laws to decipher whether or not a statement made about the process by which mail-in ballots are requested, is factual or bullshit.  

Yes, there is interpretation to legislative mandate, that's why we have courts.  And from there, arises case law.  There are volumes upon volumes by which you can assert with 98% certainty that a stance on the logistics of mail-in ballots is valid or invalid.  In this particular case, Trump was incorrect.  Beyond reasonably uncertainty.  He was wrong.  As he usually is.  

Nothing involving voting law is ever 100.00%, one way or the other.  But Trump is literally batting around the Mendoza level when it comes to shit like this.  And of course, Mendoza being Mexican, will be the source of some ire for you Trump fans who understand neither case law, maths, nor good baseball.  

11 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Proof that the current Republican platform is "whatever Trump wants."  Gonna be fun to watch the tea party lunatics try and explain why this is not the very thing they campaigned against for a decade.

I’m old enough to remember when “conservatives” cried about Obama governing by executive order. Still waiting for the @Johnny Sacks and @GRHorns to step forward and lead the protest against ruling by fiat. I think imma be waiting a while. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

I’m old enough to remember when “conservatives” cried about Obama governing by executive order. Still waiting for the @Johnny Sacks and @GRHorns to step forward and lead the protest against ruling by fiat. I think imma be waiting a while. 

You see, that was totally different.  Obama is black.  Apples to oranges comparison.

5 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Here it is. It basically says that lies are protected speech and if social doesn't like it, we'll pull our ad dollars

https://kateklonick.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/DRAFT-EO-Preventing-Online-Censorship.pdf

So the federal government has been spending lots of $ advertising on Twitter and FB?