Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

Guest Lobo

You men, here in Texas.  You Texans.  You Men of Texas.  You follow a Coward.  Your leader is a Coward.  You are Cowards.  You are not Men. 

All the guns and trucks won't change that.  He's a Coward.  He's your Idol.  You are Cowards.  Your fathers weep in their graves.  

2 hours ago, SubliminalHorn said:

I’m old enough to remember when “conservatives” cried about Obama governing by executive order. Still waiting for the @Johnny Sacks and @GRHorns to step forward and lead the protest against ruling by fiat. I think imma be waiting a while. 

I’m against ruling by executive order. Always will be. It’s not how our government was intended to function.  

2 hours ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

You see, that was totally different.  Obama is black.  Apples to oranges comparison.

Yawn. 
See above. 

2 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

I’m against ruling by executive order. Always will be. It’s not how our government was intended to function.  

Yawn. 
See above. 

I'm going to just throw this out there, but I think the point of the post was the absence of "conservative" protest about this most unconservative of presidents. Further, just maybe somebody who dislikes government by fiat would want to be rid of the most fiatin' prezzydent in the history of the US since the colonies were ruled by a king.

But it is good to know you object to something that you don't seem moved to actively object to. I suppose you object to rape, but, as a witness to rape, the most one could expect from you would be to answer a question in the negative about your disposition towards rape. 

And that's plenty. Thanks for playing.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Underdog said:

since another man went down on her.

Who was the first man? Surely we're not characterizing Trump as a man anymore, are we?

Further, that man is terrified of females and likely what makes them female as well. Down there is for grabbin' not caressing or kissing.

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

The concern that keeps me awake at night is this: Trump is a cornered rat.  Seriously, his way of thinking and being in the world is pure narcissism, indulging in impulses of the moment, and acting only out of fear/anger.  He is governed by his amygdala and pure selfishness.  There is literally zero thought or concern for any other human being.

And the noose is tightening and he's losing control.  He can no longer control the narrative of a country falling apart.  He is seeing the prospect of re-election dwindle.  He's getting more terrified and frantic by the moment.  And that is dangerous as fuck for all of humanity.  Because there is literally no limit to what erratic, impulsive act he will commit to protect himself/act in his self-interest.

The months between now and the election may be the most dangerous in all of human history.  We'll be lucky if all he does is accelerate his erosion of global norms and the rule of law.  That is our BEST case scenario.

If he loses the election, then the months between the election and January 20, 2021 will be the most dangerous in human history.  He will have no limitations, and no need for restraint, as the goal of re-election would be gone.  An enraged animal, with no restraint.

The chances of a nuclear first strike (say, against Iran) are as high as they've been since the Cuban missile crisis.  Not because of any diplomatic crisis, but because we have a fucking madman with his hand on the button, he has chosen to govern by his madness, and those who could restrain him have chosen to indulge him.  He has no leash, no limits, no controls.  At this point, we have to hope that there are members of the staff, maybe even Secret Service agents, who are willing to sacrifice their careers (and likely their lives) to stop him if he decides to indulge in deadly madness.

Trump has been disastrous and dangerous thus far.  But the months to come are going to make what's happened thus far pale in comparison.  You should be terrified.

Can't help but think back to this:

“You know what solves it?” Trump asked, referring to Obamacare. “When the economy crashes, when the country goes to total hell and everything is a disaster — then you’ll have riots to go back to where we used to be when we were great.”

His brain is rancid pudding so there's no reason to think he's got some grand plan or even a cogent belief about how riots might lead to going back "to where we used to be when we were great," but it's clear that he's going to see massive social unrest as an opportunity. He's going to mash that racism button as hard and as often as he can, with the goal of generating more violence and unrest and scaring the white voters he's losing right now back to the GOP.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Seriously, his way of thinking and being in the world is pure narcissism, indulging in impulses of the moment, and acting only out of fear/anger.  He is governed by his amygdala and pure selfishness.  There is literally zero thought or concern for any other human being.

And the noose is tightening and he's losing control.  He can no longer control the narrative of a country falling apart.  He is seeing the prospect of re-election dwindle. 

I agree with your point, but perhaps there is an alternative future to be found in what I quote above. 

Will vain, narcissist Trump really ever recognize that he is not in control? Will he not see himself as the person who won by a landslide last time and will win by a landslide this time?

His delusion could keep him thinking that he's winning on twitter. If he starts having rallies again, he'll convince himself that the attendees represent the majority. When he is informed that he has lost the election, his first move will be to continue his campaign to discredit the election (which he quite possibly believes is true because how could the nation reject such a fine man as himself?).

By the time that effort is thwarted in his own perception, the grown-ups likely won't allow him to launch nukes or do much more than kill a few more Mexican children at the border or rain cruise missiles and drone-launched hellfire missiles at a few weddings in the MidEast.

Even his inner circle would have to realize that they can't hold power through mass murder and that they themselves would be held accountable before the new Congress or even a War Crimes Tribunal.

I'm hoping his vanity and delusion stay his tiny hand. I wouldn't bet on it, but I see it as possible he leaves the White House in whatever the modern day version of a strait jacket (versed to sooth the amygdala?) with flecks of foam lingering at the corner of his lip.

Edited by RomaVicta
Villains ruined my grammar.
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

At this point, we have to hope that there are members of the staff, maybe even Secret Service agents, who are willing to sacrifice their careers (and likely their lives) to stop him if he decides to indulge in deadly madness.

Trump has been disastrous and dangerous thus far.  But the months to come are going to make what's happened thus far pale in comparison.  You should be terrified.

I believe that you are a pious man, brisket. But please don't forget about Ronald McDonald, the patron saint of myocardial infarction, or High Fructose Corn Syrup, the patron saint of diabetic ketoacidosis, in your prayers. They too offer us hope, my son.  

25 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

I'm going to just throw this out there, but I think the point of the post was the absence of "conservative" protest about this most unconservative of presidents. Further, just maybe somebody who dislikes government by fiat would want to be rid of the most fiatin' prezzydent in the history of the US since the colonies were ruled by a king.

But it is good to know you object to something that you don't seem moved to actively object to. I suppose you object to rape, but, as a witness to rape, the most one could expect from you would be to answer a question in the negative about your disposition towards rape. 

And that's plenty. Thanks for playing.

I’ve said this before, but there’s nothing stimulating or interesting to me about coming here and piling on every time I disagree with POTUS. Y’all have it covered. 

I’m sorry you’re not impressed by my level of objection to it. I’ll try to do better. 

14 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

I’ve said this before, but there’s nothing stimulating or interesting to me about coming here and piling on every time I disagree with POTUS. Y’all have it covered. 

I’m sorry you’re not impressed by my level of objection to it. I’ll try to do better. 

You've got a real Susan Collins vibe going lol. I'm sure you're VERY concerned

• Like 8

Is there a thread for Trump's war with tech companies? His executive order (if followed) will have major effects for every website that allows user comments. Someone could sue Surley for something someone else says if it can be proven that Surely has  moderated content in a way that the federal gov thinks is bias. Even the federal government could sue. Dude is trying.to get closer to the Chinese internet. 

It begs the question if a message board could ban any political speech in their normal forums even if they had a specifically sub forum from political talk.

Edited by Pasken

39 minutes ago, Pasken said:

Is there a thread for Trump's war with tech companies? His executive order (if followed) will have major effects for every website that allows user comments. Someone could sue Surley for something someone else says if it can be proven that Surely has  moderated content in a way that the federal gov thinks is bias. Even the federal government could sue. Dude is trying.to get closer to the Chinese internet. 

It begs the question if a message board could ban any political speech in their normal forums even if they had a specifically sub forum from political talk.

BadMofo on the scat site is creaming his pants right now.

• Like 2

Anything to distract from the fact that 100,000 Americans are dead because some dumbfuck dismantled the pandemic response team and another black man was killed in broad daylight by a racist cop.

But there's no time to talk about any of that!  The President's freedom to lie to the American public is under assault!  

• Like 2

Mocking Biden for wearing a mask is.... what's the word for it? Mocking someone for taking the proper (and recommended) precautions during a pandemic in which 100,000 Americans have died since March? I want to say evil but that's not strong enough.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

There is so much insanity in this Twitter kerfuffle. First, the head of state is complaining about being “censored“ by a private company. Second, the alleged censorship is that the company allowed the president’s full statement to publish but added its own statement. Third, the president’s solution to this supposed censorship of him is to use the force of the state to punish the private company for publishing its own statement — that is, for the state to actually censor the private company.

As always, Trump and his moron followers completely fuck up every single aspect of the analysis. I’ve never seen a group of people who show such consistent ability to get the exact wrong answer every single fucking time. It’s Orwellian doublespeak come to life.

It is intentional Orwellian doublespeak, plain and simple.

1 minute ago, Red Five said:

Mocking Biden for wearing a mask is.... what's the word for it? Mocking someone for taking the proper (and recommended) precautions during a pandemic in which 100,000 Americans have died since March? I want to say evil but that's not strong enough.

It's like mocking someone for washing their hands while yours are covered in your own shit. 

• Like 4

I’m hearing more and more older conservatives turn on Trump. A family friend who has been very outspoken with his conservative views announced he wouldn’t vote for the guy. My parents now can’t stop talking about what an asshole Trump is. I think this confluence of Trump and a plague has turned my mom (who, along with my formerly Fox-addicted dad, voted for that fucker in 2016) into a full-blown progressive. She’s livid about the Minneapolis cops murdering that dude, ranting and raving about how bad police have gotten. It’s... shocking. And a welcome change. 

If we survive the next 7 months, this whole Trump shitshow might have been worth it just to snap some of the Fox News zombies back into the real world of sanity.

• Like 9

12 minutes ago, Red Five said:

pathetic. i think the word you're looking for is pathetic

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BrickHorn said:

I’m hearing more and more older conservatives turn on Trump. A family friend who has been very outspoken with his conservative views announced he wouldn’t vote for the guy. My parents now can’t stop talking about what an asshole Trump is. I think this confluence of Trump and a plague has turned my mom (who, along with my formerly Fox-addicted dad, voted for that fucker in 2016) into a full-blown progressive. She’s livid about the Minneapolis cops murdering that dude, ranting and raving about how bad police have gotten. It’s... shocking. And a welcome change. 

If we survive the next 7 months, this whole Trump shitshow might have been worth it just to snap some of the Fox News zombies back into the real world of sanity.

It's probably stupid, but I'm feeling the tiniest bit optimistic that Trump is so bad, that he's removed the facade so completely, that a small but significant percentage of older white people might finally open their eyes and be willing to acknowledge some of the structural issues that we're always bitching about. They need just a little bit of deniability to ignore this shit and just go about their lives, but he's removed every shred of deniability. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Red Five said:

6 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

pathetic. i think the word you're looking for is pathetic

but so fucking on brand

• Like 1

My dad told me about two months ago he couldn’t stand Sean Hannity anymore. Still does his Rush, Zero Hedge, Breitbart routine, but it felt good to hear. He hasn’t  been on Zero Hedge too long but I did let him know my thoughts on the site and that nobody in Finance takes the site seriously, and how BoA blocked it (conveniently left out  details about that though).

17 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

Anecdotes like this are at least a glimmer of hope.

I'll believe it when I see it at the ballot box, of course.

• Like 2