Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

Just now, wildcat09 said:

It's probably stupid, but I'm feeling the tiniest bit optimistic that Trump is so bad, that he's removed the facade so completely, that a small but significant percentage of older white people might finally open their eyes and be willing to acknowledge some of the structural issues that we're always bitching about. They need just a little bit of deniability to ignore this shit and just go about their lives, but he's removed every shred of deniability. 

yeah, i agree the mask thing will peel a few away.  it's just so dumb and obviously wrong from a health standpoint.  that and 100,000+ dead people has to convince a few people we're flying blind.

1 hour ago, BrickHorn said:

There is so much insanity in this Twitter kerfuffle. First, the head of state is complaining about being “censored“ by a private company. Second, the alleged censorship is that the company allowed the president’s full statement to publish but added its own statement. Third, the president’s solution to this supposed censorship of him is to use the force of the state to punish the private company for publishing its own statement — that is, for the state to actually censor the private company.

i want to steal a portion of this if you don't mind

13 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Dude...I NEVER supported the Trump/Dan Patrick/Paxton GOP.  Not even close.  They lost me 10+ years ago.

Nah, you were there for Atwater. You are the anecdote. This ain't new. This is the fruit of many years of growing this poisonous tree. The base chose Trump. If it took this level of toxicity to get a response from some, there was a level when it was tolerable. 

Trump is not saying something new. He's just saying it out loud. Atwater had to dog whistle. Trump just had to break that norm one time and it was over. Broke the seal on the high proof bottle of xenophobia and racism and gave them a strong pour. All the others on the stage were not capable of being as shameless. Seriously, it's his super power. Max Boot was right. 

Anyhow, I'm glad you figured out that the Republicans were not where you wanted to be. Maybe some day they might come back to reality, but that long journey into chaos didn't start with any of those guys.

• Like 6

Here's the way the 230 part breaks down, I think.

Someone decides to sue an ISP (meaning a website or service, in this instance), for defamation based on a post not sponsored by the ISP.

230 is still the law of the land, so the ISP raises that as a defense.  The aggrieved snowflake then raises this EO as somehow changing 230.  Federal judge, even a Trump appointee, blasts the plaintiff out of the water on a motion to dismiss for failure to state a claim.

Republicans were ripe for the picking by Trump back in 2015/16.  Many of them demoralized and defeated by the Obama and a lifetime of getting screwed by “RINOs.”  I know Republicans that were saying they would leave the party if the GOP failed to win the presidency in 2016.  Trump came in and captured their imagination in the worst way.  He became their savior because he’s just like them, ignorant, unaccountable, and full of grievances.  Trump didn’t break these folks, he merely gave them a voice because they were already broken before Trump came along.

3 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Here's the way the 230 part breaks down, I think.

Someone decides to sue an ISP (meaning a website or service, in this instance), for defamation based on a post not sponsored by the ISP.

230 is still the law of the land, so the ISP raises that as a defense.  The aggrieved snowflake then raises this EO as somehow changing 230.  Federal judge, even a Trump appointee, blasts the plaintiff out of the water on a motion to dismiss for failure to state a claim.

C'mon man. Sure he's fucked up and accidentally picked some legitimate judges, but he's appointed plenty of Raos who will bend over backward to justify ruling in Trump's favor on absolutely anything.

8 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

C'mon man. Sure he's fucked up and accidentally picked some legitimate judges, but he's appointed plenty of Raos who will bend over backward to justify ruling in Trump's favor on absolutely anything.

Twice is operating under the assumption that the rule of law still means anything.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

Mocking Biden for wearing a mask is.... what's the word for it? Mocking someone for taking the proper (and recommended) precautions during a pandemic in which 100,000 Americans have died since March? I want to say evil but that's not strong enough.

Fucktardedly tiny dicked?

17 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

This is the typical "That's it fuckfaces; I'm tired of all your bullshit and everyone being so mean so I'm leaving [insert social media app of your choice here] for good."

Two days later posts picture of dinner consisting of five starches, some microwaved mystery meat and two pieces of lettuce drenched in a half gallon of ranch dressing on same app looking for props on the fine dining experience he / she put together.

This is the typical "That's it fuckfaces; I'm tired of all your bullshit and everyone being so mean so I'm leaving [insert social media app of your choice here] for good."
Two days later posts picture of dinner consisting of five starches, some microwaved mystery meat and two pieces of lettuce drenched in a half gallon of ranch dressing on same app looking for props on the fine dining experience he / she put together.
Sounds like Vic's Facebook friends food posts.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, StassneyHorn said:

My dad told me about two months ago he couldn’t stand Sean Hannity anymore. Still does his Rush, Zero Hedge, Breitbart routine, but it felt good to hear. He hasn’t  been on Zero Hedge too long but I did let him know my thoughts on the site and that nobody in Finance takes the site seriously, and how BoA blocked it (conveniently left out  details about that though).

As bad as Hannity is, Rush is much worse.

18 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

He's  Karen of Key Largo.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BrickHorn said:

I’m hearing more and more older conservatives turn on Trump. A family friend who has been very outspoken with his conservative views announced he wouldn’t vote for the guy. My parents now can’t stop talking about what an asshole Trump is. I think this confluence of Trump and a plague has turned my mom (who, along with my formerly Fox-addicted dad, voted for that fucker in 2016) into a full-blown progressive. She’s livid about the Minneapolis cops murdering that dude, ranting and raving about how bad police have gotten. It’s... shocking. And a welcome change. 

If we survive the next 7 months, this whole Trump shitshow might have been worth it just to snap some of the Fox News zombies back into the real world of sanity.

They’re lying. They stood by him as he insulted war heroes and everything else. They may see how bad it’s starting to look on the outside but they’ll still vote for him because Biden is a mask wearing pussy. Trump will still get 63 million votes. Biden will get more from the people who stayed home out of hate for Hilary and is his only chance at victory.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BrickHorn said:

There is so much insanity in this Twitter kerfuffle. First, the head of state is complaining about being “censored“ by a private company. Second, the alleged censorship is that the company allowed the president’s full statement to publish but added its own statement. Third, the president’s solution to this supposed censorship of him is to use the force of the state to punish the private company for publishing its own statement — that is, for the state to actually censor the private company.

As always, Trump and his moron followers completely fuck up every single aspect of the analysis. I’ve never seen a group of people who show such consistent ability to get the exact wrong answer every single fucking time. It’s Orwellian doublespeak come to life.

Remember the monkey dressed like a cowboy that would ride around on the dog at rodeos and monster truck rallies? All of this makes sense if you scope it in that perspective. I mean, duh.

2 minutes ago, Chooky said:

Remember the monkey dressed like a cowboy that would ride around on the dog at rodeos and monster truck rallies? All of this makes sense if you scope it in that perspective. I mean, duh.

Wait....are you saying we could have the dog-riding monkey as our president?  DONE DEAL, I'll take him.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Pasken said:

Is there a thread for Trump's war with tech companies? His executive order (if followed) will have major effects for every website that allows user comments. Someone could sue Surley for something someone else says if it can be proven that Surely has  moderated content in a way that the federal gov thinks is bias. Even the federal government could sue. Dude is trying.to get closer to the Chinese internet. 

It begs the question if a message board could ban any political speech in their normal forums even if they had a specifically sub forum from political talk.

this would take rep wars to the next level !

9 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Trump: “Free speech on the Internet will not be infringed.”

Also Trump: “I would shut down twitter if I could.”

His understanding of the 1st amendment is on par with his understanding of everything else -- like a bowl of mushy spaghetti.

1 hour ago, Bevo Num1 said:
1 hour ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Read more  

Did someone say Derka Dogs?

1 hour ago, Bevo Num1 said:
1 hour ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Read more  

Did someone say Derka Dogs?