Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

22 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

It's a possible outcome, sure.  Although 1992 didn't exactly work out for the GOP, so...... it's not necessarily a rule.  Also, in 1968, the party's were basically inverse of each other from a regionality basis.  

Edited by Patrick Bateman

4 minutes ago, HRSchenker said:

Who is he running against? I know the DNC has a front runner but they're nowhere to be found. If the nominee isn't going to step up during this madness, he's going to get crushed this November by a guy who has no business crushing anyone.

Otherwise, what would you like him to do?  He has no formal governmental role (Congressman, Senator, Governor, etc) and as that little Frenchman said, never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.  I assume he or his supporters will be on TV tomorrow.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, HRSchenker said:

Who is he running against? I know the DNC has a front runner but they're nowhere to be found. If the nominee isn't going to step up during this madness, he's going to get crushed this November by a guy who has no business crushing anyone.

• Like 1

Otherwise, what would you like him to do?  He has no formal governmental role (Congressman, Senator, Governor, etc) and as that little Frenchman said, never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.  I assume he or his supporters will be on TV tomorrow.

Be the shadow president. Just do it. Lead. It just requires the act of....leading. Travel to affected cities. Meet with local leaders and listen. Address the public with your plans to help solve the problems as soon as you take the oath of office.

We desperately need a president, so be that, even if we’ll have to wait a few months before you can actually implement policy.
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Be the shadow president. Just do it. Lead. It just requires the act of....leading. Travel to affected cities. Meet with local leaders and listen. Address the public with your plans to help solve the problems as soon as you take the oath of office.

We desperately need a president, so be that, even if we’ll have to wait a few months before you can actually implement policy.

Perhaps you're not familiar with this version of the democratic candidate for President..... Yea, he's not that guy and in the middle of a pandemic and at his advanced age, I doubt he's going to be on the move much.  Maybe 20 years ago.

He's got this going for him..... I guess.  

Guest Lobo

Trump tweeted he hopes Chauvin can get a deferral on his indictment as there are a few interesting openings in his cabinet.  

And  you Evangelical Trumpers:  Take note today when you're at Church and praying for this nation (as I will be, well online service anyway), on the day of days to truly pray for this country and our fellow Americans to make it through a very tough week...your President will not attend church, he will not call on Americans to pray, he won't even be bothered to say, "May god bless you, and may god bless the United States of America." 

I know you won't admit it at this late juncture, but you were duped.  The man who was catapulted onto the political scene by claiming Obama wasn't a Christian, pulled a tremendous ruse on you.  Trump was the non-Christian all along.  You poor, poor children.  

33 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Trump tweeted he hopes Chauvin can get a deferral on his indictment as there are a few interesting openings in his cabinet.  

And  you Evangelical Trumpers:  Take note today when you're at Church and praying for this nation (as I will be, well online service anyway), on the day of days to truly pray for this country and our fellow Americans to make it through a very tough week...your President will not attend church, he will not call on Americans to pray, he won't even be bothered to say, "May god bless you, and may god bless the United States of America." 

I know you won't admit it at this late juncture, but you were duped.  The man who was catapulted onto the political scene by claiming Obama wasn't a Christian, pulled a tremendous ruse on you.  Trump was the non-Christian all along.  You poor, poor children.  

They don't care.

Evangelicals aren't really Christian either. 

• Like 3

Guest Lobo

^
Yeah, that checks out.  And FoxNews calls it "The most Presidential Trump has ever been, and not a moment too soon.  The nation is fortunate."  

And just like that, Covid-19 totally disappears from coverage. The only time it will get mentioned moving forward is to blame protesters for an increase in the number of cases. Dotard will say all the clashes are the reason numbers are over 100k.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

And just like that, Covid-19 totally disappears from coverage. The only time it will get mentioned moving forward is to blame protesters for an increase in the number of cases. Dotard will say all the clashes are the reason numbers are over 100k.

The media completely fixated on the Ozark pool party and it being a super spreader event. I sure hope these protests do not also help contribute to the spread of the virus. Bizarrely the media just suddenly stopping Covid coverage plays into Trump’s fake news narrative. 

Guest Lobo
2 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

The media completely fixated on the Ozark pool party and it being a super spreader event. I sure hope these protests do not also help contribute to the spread of the virus. Bizarrely the media just suddenly stopping Covid coverage plays into Trump’s fake news narrative. 

Well, to be fair.....these protests and riots are more interesting to watch on TV at home.  If I want to see Covid-19 spread, I don't need TV...I just drive around Texas and see maskless people who feel God is going to miracle their ass into not spreading their virus on people.  

7 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

No they haven’t.

8 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

Cursory glance at the homepages of The NY Times, Wash Post, LA Times, and CNN show that coronavirus is still being covered.

Just like the “I demand they play football and in front of 100,000 fans” argument he keeps making, he’s wrong here too—again.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

Most of the protesters I've seen were wearing masks and even saw them giving out hand sanitizer. There were none at Hillbilly Hawaii.

• Like 3

I actually think Biden is doing the right thing by making great statements and sending out good press releases. I heard him talk about his call with the Floyd family and it was incredible. 

He probably should get out to Brooklyn, Chicago, Minneapolis and LA for quick, brief visits but I dont think he needs to do any massive push right now.

Why would Trump say anything? He's the law and order guy. Law and order means quelling riots and protests. Getting tough with "law breakers". He's fine with police shooting rubber bullets at protestors. He's fine with tear gassing the media. He simply does not give a shit because no one has forced him to be accountable. Not a single Republican stands up to him. They are so afraid to lose power that they'll go along with it. 

Edited by mdmost
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, High Plains Drifter said:

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and prove it.

Like this has ever stopped him before.   But then you know that, mister sarcasm.

10 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

I agree with this.  He should be holding town halls on Zoom in all these communities..   Start some sort of think tank to put some thought into how to assess what, why and how this is going on, and how to not only mitigate current happenings, but eliminate as many as possible going forward by actually addressing and fixing the problems.    He could be doing all that without going a lot.   Show the country that cooler heads, logic and compassion can solve issues, instead of exacerbating them.

And all the while, call out Trump for his stances, his inactions or his endorsements of certain ideals.   

Hell, throw in doing the same for COVID19 at the same time.   Show America what they could have, vs what they do have.

Guest Lobo
1 minute ago, HenryJames said:

To be fair, that's from Trump's favorite of the two testaments.  

A letter from Fulvus to the Minnesotans, "When thy looting begineth, they shooting begineth."  

Also, Ivanka should be real fucking careful about quoting the last chapters of 2 Kings.  It's about the end of their Kingdom (of Judah).  It would appear by most accounts, not to mention the Will of God, that her family's reign is nearing its end.  Not to mention her father never made any attempts to heal.  

45 minutes ago, Grade of D as in David said:

Agreed, they both pervert religion.

Well, I was being sarcastic. Religion is up to interpretation and there have been a lot of interpretations over the centuries. That's one problem with religion, it can be twisted to suit any goal including slavery and murder and none of them are innocent. The Evangelicals represent a branch of Christianity just like the Wahhabis represent a branch of Islam. Neither represent the entire faith and it's wrong to judge all the faithful by the actions of a few.

But who's to say what the one correct interpretation of any religion really is? People who spend their lives devoted to the subject can't even agree and the interpretations evolve over time. I think it's kind of like art. You put a literal or metaphorical frame around something and call it art, it's art. Let the critics decide if it's good or not. You call yourself a Christian, you're a Christian. Let others judge whether you're a good Christian or not. (Except Christians aren't supposed to do that, right?)

2 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Well, I was being sarcastic. Religion is up to interpretation and there have been a lot of interpretations over the centuries. That's one problem with religion, it can be twisted to suit any goal including slavery and murder and none of them are innocent. The Evangelicals represent a branch of Christianity just like the Wahhabis represent a branch of Islam. Neither represent the entire faith and it's wrong to judge all the faithful by the actions of a few.

But who's to say what the one correct interpretation of any religion really is? People who spend their lives devoted to the subject can't even agree and the interpretations evolve over time. I think it's kind of like art. You put a literal or metaphorical frame around something and call it art, it's art. Let the critics decide if it's good or not. You call yourself a Christian, you're a Christian. Let others judge whether you're a good Christian or not. (Except Christians aren't supposed to do that, right?)

I didn't try and judge either faith by the actions of a few, rather point out that the actions and words of those few are a stain on the rest of the faith. 

The comparison to art isn't correct either. I don't recall any paintings commiting suicide bombings or the atrocities of the crusades.