Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

https://www.axios.com/trump-protests-riots-4ab7f1e1-1498-433b-8b80-cedf3cc1ae96.html

Over the past couple of days, numerous advisers both inside and outside the White House have urged the president to tone down his violent rhetoric, which many worry could escalate racial tensions and hurt him politically.

Behind the scenes: The biggest source of internal concern was Trump's escalatory tweet, "when the looting starts, the shooting starts." Some advisers said it could damage him severely with independent voters and suburban women.

After not going to sleep until the early hours of Friday morning, President Trump woke to a string of conversations with advisers who told him he had a problem.

Some of Trump's most trusted aides, including Hope Hicks, expressed concern about a tweet he sent shortly before 1am Friday, in which he used a violent phrase with a racist history rooting back to police brutality against African Americans in the 1960s: "When the looting starts, the shooting starts."

A number of people outside the White House weighed in over the course of the day. On Friday morning, Facebook raised concerns to the White House about Trump's incendiary message and urged them to make a change even if it did not violate Facebook's policies, according to a source familiar with the outreach.

Later that day, Trump phoned Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg. During the call, Zuckerberg "expressed concerns about the tone and the rhetoric," according to a source familiar with the call.

Zuckerberg "didn't make any specific requests," the source said. A second source familiar with the call said the Facebook boss told Trump that he personally disagreed with the president's incendiary rhetoric and that by using language like this, Trump was putting Facebook in a difficult position.

Between the lines: Even aides who usually laugh or shrug their shoulders at Trump's more outrageous tweets considered this one a problem. Some said they saw direct political implications.

People close to the president, including several senior White House officials, have privately expressed concerns that his incendiary response to the Minneapolis riots will hurt him with two groups that could remove him from office in November: independents and suburban women. These are groups who already tell pollsters they don't like Trump's tone, even if they like some of his policies.

One adviser said they saw it as the president's worst moment since Charlottesville.

A senior White House official, who typically likes it when Trump takes tough law-and-order positions, described the tweet as "stupid." The official described Trump's ultimate cleanup, in which the president claimed he wasn't suggesting that law enforcement should shoot rioters, as "pretty creative."

Spoiler

After so long working for him, Trump's inner circle usually shrugs at his tweets. So it's a rare moment when they sound the alarm.

Yes, but: After walking back his looting/shooting tweet, Trump tripled down on this incendiary tone in a series of Saturday morning tweets, suggesting that protesters outside the White House would have been "greeted with the most vicious dogs, and most ominous weapons" if they breached the fence.

Trump added: "Tonight, I understand, is MAGA NIGHT AT THE WHITE HOUSE???" — a tweet that seemed to encourage a clash between his supporters and the predominantly African American protesters outside the White House. Trump later denied this was his intention.

What to watch: Over the past 24 hours, there’s been a vigorous debate in Trump’s inner circle about whether the president should do an Oval Office address to the nation. 

The reset — and what’s next

Trump's aides saw the president's trip to Florida to watch the SpaceX-NASA launch as an opportunity to reset his message and to distinguish between righteous protests of the murder of George Floyd and senseless riots.

Trump said, "The death of George Floyd on the streets of Minneapolis was a tragedy. It should never have happened. It has filled Americans across the country with horror, anger, and grief."

"I understand the pain that people are feeling. We support the right of peaceful protestors, and we hear their pleas. Unfortunately, what we are now seeing on the streets of our cities has nothing to do with justice or peaceful protests. The memory of George Floyd is being dishonored by rioters, looters, and anarchists."

His advisers were relieved — at least temporarily.

"I think most everyone is satisfied with where things landed [in Saturday's space launch speech] and with the tone of his remarks," a White House official told me. "The president's mind always goes to the place of law and order. He's a tough guy, and his instincts are 'I want to be with the police, I want safety and security, I don't want lawlessness.'"

"But there have been key voices in his ear who have been consistently saying 'Be that guy because we need that. What's happening in Atlanta and Minneapolis is not acceptable,' but also be empathetic and continue to show extreme sympathy for what happened with Floyd. And I think he navigated that very well" on Saturday. 

What's next: "You're definitely going to see the law and order, tough guy rhetoric amp up in the coming days," the official continued. "But you're also going to see that laced with sympathy for legitimate protesters and for those actually mourning Floyd's death."

Yes, but: Nobody who knows Trump would pretend the tone of these scripted remarks is sustainable on a daily or even hourly basis. Trump always reverts to his instincts — which are to bluntly call for law enforcement to take "tough" actions against protesters.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

Wait a minute - I thought Trump tweeted "Strength!"  Surely a strong president wouldn't do this - 

You realize what this means right?

They know they don't have enough ammo to hold off a dedicated attempt to take the White House.

I hate Trump but them need to take his phone away and remove him to an undisclosed location.

• Like 1

I really love that big strong man Donald J Trump, ultimate cucker of the shit libtards, who drinks the tears of the left to power him, is sitting in a fucking underground bunker right now because black people are outside the White House. Such fucking strength and courage. 

33 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

https://www.axios.com/trump-protests-riots-4ab7f1e1-1498-433b-8b80-cedf3cc1ae96.html

Reveal hidden contents

After so long working for him, Trump's inner circle usually shrugs at his tweets. So it's a rare moment when they sound the alarm.

Yes, but: After walking back his looting/shooting tweet, Trump tripled down on this incendiary tone in a series of Saturday morning tweets, suggesting that protesters outside the White House would have been "greeted with the most vicious dogs, and most ominous weapons" if they breached the fence.

Trump added: "Tonight, I understand, is MAGA NIGHT AT THE WHITE HOUSE???" — a tweet that seemed to encourage a clash between his supporters and the predominantly African American protesters outside the White House. Trump later denied this was his intention.

What to watch: Over the past 24 hours, there’s been a vigorous debate in Trump’s inner circle about whether the president should do an Oval Office address to the nation. 

The reset — and what’s next

Trump's aides saw the president's trip to Florida to watch the SpaceX-NASA launch as an opportunity to reset his message and to distinguish between righteous protests of the murder of George Floyd and senseless riots.

Trump said, "The death of George Floyd on the streets of Minneapolis was a tragedy. It should never have happened. It has filled Americans across the country with horror, anger, and grief."

"I understand the pain that people are feeling. We support the right of peaceful protestors, and we hear their pleas. Unfortunately, what we are now seeing on the streets of our cities has nothing to do with justice or peaceful protests. The memory of George Floyd is being dishonored by rioters, looters, and anarchists."

His advisers were relieved — at least temporarily.

"I think most everyone is satisfied with where things landed [in Saturday's space launch speech] and with the tone of his remarks," a White House official told me. "The president's mind always goes to the place of law and order. He's a tough guy, and his instincts are 'I want to be with the police, I want safety and security, I don't want lawlessness.'"

"But there have been key voices in his ear who have been consistently saying 'Be that guy because we need that. What's happening in Atlanta and Minneapolis is not acceptable,' but also be empathetic and continue to show extreme sympathy for what happened with Floyd. And I think he navigated that very well" on Saturday. 

What's next: "You're definitely going to see the law and order, tough guy rhetoric amp up in the coming days," the official continued. "But you're also going to see that laced with sympathy for legitimate protesters and for those actually mourning Floyd's death."

Yes, but: Nobody who knows Trump would pretend the tone of these scripted remarks is sustainable on a daily or even hourly basis. Trump always reverts to his instincts — which are to bluntly call for law enforcement to take "tough" actions against protesters.

In what fucking insane world is the president talking personally to the CEO of Facebook?  Fuck you simulation. 

• Like 4

Guest Lobo

Is he actually in the bunker?  I mean, don't they usually keep that shit quiet?  I'm sure he's holed up in a safe part of the West Wing or something surrounded by SS armed to the teeth, but down below the Earth...is that true?  Bullshit aside?  

Guest Lobo

Holy shit, my bad....I thought you guys were being hyperbolic.  The guy who won't wear a mask as it projects weakness is now hundreds of feet below the Earth in an effort to project strength.  

All I have, all I can beg, borrow, and steal says he somehow emerges from that hole in the ground more suntan than when he went down there.  

I'll leave it to his supporters to explain that.  And we'll start with Mr. C. Thomas Howell.

21 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Is he actually in the bunker?  I mean, don't they usually keep that shit quiet?  I'm sure he's holed up in a safe part of the West Wing or something surrounded by SS armed to the teeth, but down below the Earth...is that true?  Bullshit aside?  

Same bunker that Cheney used on 9/11.

I'm going with legit, since this White House leaks.  Shit, Trump probably leaked it himself he was down there to Hannity or whoever.

The reason he went to the bunker is because he wanted to, and made sure the information was leaked. It's all part of the narrative about how dangerous the left is and why he needs to be re-elected.  It's so bad he had to go to the bunker. Raise the fear level.

2 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

The reason he went to the bunker is because he wanted to, and made sure the information was leaked. It's all part of the narrative about how dangerous the left is and why he needs to be re-elected.  It's so bad he had to go to the bunker. Raise the fear level.

.......and more gun sales...I’m sure.

Guest Lobo

He's a strange cat.  Unarmed, albeit feisty, protestors outside (at a great distance) the most fortified residence on the planet staffed with hundreds of secret service officers---most of whom are ex-JSOC operators.  But he descends under ground from a pretend threat.  Meantime, Stormy Daniels has more STD's than a Laotian junior college sex pamphlet and he raw dogs her.  Covid-19 is running rampant through his White House and he can't stop standing on top of people and I think I've seen him sanitize his hands once...and it was after he emerged from a 1:1 meeting with Ivanka in the back of the Presidential Limo.  

Do you fucksticks have any idea how bizarre your false messiah is?  He acts like what drunk people who are trying to act sober act like.  

Guest Lobo

Oh fuck those guys, they sit out more matches than Carlos Kaiser.  They've been lording shit over dozens of influential politicians and business leaders and haven't revealed jack shit in several years.  They've been sitting on FINRA records for a decade after 2008 and have managed to get all of zero prosecutions from it and got one guy's license revoked because he fucked up on some annuities.  They're brilliant hackers, but they have zero idea what they're sitting on.  HUMINT is by far more powerful than their shit.  Anyway, I hope they stir some shit up on this but it's always a show with them, nothing ever substantive comes out

6 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Oh fuck those guys, they sit out more matches than Carlos Kaiser.  They've been lording shit over dozens of influential politicians and business leaders and haven't revealed jack shit in several years.  They've been sitting on FINRA records for a decade after 2008 and have managed to get all of zero prosecutions from it and got one guy's license revoked because he fucked up on some annuities.  They're brilliant hackers, but they have zero idea what they're sitting on.  HUMINT is by far more powerful than their shit.  Anyway, I hope they stir some shit up on this but it's always a show with them, nothing ever substantive comes out

I’m with you. Still, seems bad timing if they just want to goose the media. 

No matter, what they have released today was worth talking about:

Trump Rape Lawsuit & Affidavits

Epstein Little Black Book

*they have also been scrubbing this story pretty hard from the web.

We’ll see.

Edited by Doc Reeves
  • Like 1

Guest Lobo
Just now, Jive Turkey said:

Lincoln Project just dropped this on the Bunker Bitch. 

I am all for Trumpers sporting the Confederate Battle Flag.  They are snowflakes.  Snowflakes need medals and trophies to prove their participation.  

The Confederate Battle Flag, to me anyway, screams "U.S. Civil War:  Runner-Up"  

It's the most perfect second place, in a 2-way race, commemoration there ever was.  

Second place, just like Trump voters.  In November.  In Life.  

2 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

lol his advisors wanted DoTaRD to go on a "listening tour". He might as well go on a fucking "particle physics" tour.

Ha. He couldn't even be bothered to listen to George Floyd's brother. He doesn't give a fuck. He does have an empathetic bone in his body.