Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

1 hour ago, RPM said:

This. We've backslid hard. The damage done was deep and systemic. We have unqualified wacko judges with lifetime appointments that are going to continue to do harm long after Trump is gone. RBG damn well better stay alive until February. After that, it doesn't matter. Our fate will be sealed either way at that point.

I really don't think any SCOTUS appointment would be getting through right now. If the Dems allowed one I would be tempted to write a sternly worded letter or three. I mean, by hook or by crook, delay that shit. 

HW Bush had a hotel room in Houston that he used as his permanent apartment and residence when he was in the WH. I seem to recall that he didn't have a private home in Texas during his presidency but used that place as his home and was able to vote in Texas. Why can't Trump find a local hotel that he can do the same thing to? I see that having a social club makes Mar-A-Lago unsuitable for that purpose but why wouldn't he be able to do like Bush Sr. ?
Hmmmmm....I dont know why I president would use his address in a state he was a governor in over a state he has never lived in....your right seems fishy as fuck

2 hours ago, High Plains Drifter said:

from texags mattis thread:

Honesty needs to be reestablished.

From the fanbase that counts its Spring Game as a victory and has two fake national championships on its stadium wall.

Edited by TexArcher
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

He does seem to be the one Republican that people wouldn't be able to easily dismiss.  There might be some real reaction to this.  Still on the margins . . . 1, 2% or something, but something real nonetheless.

whatever you do, do NOT go to Texags politcal forum.

50 minutes ago, Bone3421 said:
11 hours ago, burntorangebongos said:
HW Bush had a hotel room in Houston that he used as his permanent apartment and residence when he was in the WH. I seem to recall that he didn't have a private home in Texas during his presidency but used that place as his home and was able to vote in Texas. Why can't Trump find a local hotel that he can do the same thing to? I see that having a social club makes Mar-A-Lago unsuitable for that purpose but why wouldn't he be able to do like Bush Sr. ?

Hmmmmm....I dont know why I president would use his address in a state he was a governor in over a state he has never lived in....your right seems fishy as fuck

What? Daddy Bush was never Governor. He was a one time resident but he sold his primary home and during his presidency had a condo/apt in a place that ran as a hotel and residence. He used that as his primary residence so he could keep voting in Texas and have a place when he wanted to be in Houston. 

I was asking why he couldn't have done the same thing as Bush Sr. and the answer is that he is a fucking dumbass and did not buy a small condo to use as a valid address. 

3 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I wish but these Trumpers aren’t going anywhere and they’re not going to all of a sudden reject white supremacy.  The challenges we’re looking at are going to take a generation to resolve, if we’re lucky.

Yeah. A handful of people I went to high school with are full on trumptards. Good lord the ridiculous shit they’re posting like “abortion is a bigger threat than coronavirus” or how that airhead McEnany “shuts down the libtards”. They’re in their mid 20’s. It’s gonna take awhile. 

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

But it wasn’t. There were a crapload of people who imagined just this sort of shit. All of it. We were told that we were being alarmist, and unhinged, and paranoid. But this shit was all imaginable. When you layer the gruesome narcissism and insanity of Trump on top of the Machiavellian white supremacist dominionists who happily partnered with him, thinking that he would be a manipulable tool to impose their twisted vision....this sort of shit was inevitable.

And remember, there is one universal constant of this regime: it can and will get worse.

He is feeling cornered. It will only get more dangerous for all of us, and for the republic.

"Donald Trump’s ideas aren’t just different – they are dangerously incoherent. They’re not even really ideas – just a series of bizarre rants, personal feuds, and outright lies. He is not just unprepared – he is temperamentally unfit to hold an office that requires knowledge, stability and immense responsibility."

• Like 2

What? Daddy Bush was never Governor. He was a one time resident but he sold his primary home and during his presidency had a condo/apt in a place that ran as a hotel and residence. He used that as his primary residence so he could keep voting in Texas and have a place when he wanted to be in Houston. 
I was asking why he couldn't have done the same thing as Bush Sr. and the answer is that he is a fucking dumbass and did not buy a small condo to use as a valid address. 
I misread and thought you were talking about jr.

58 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

"Donald Trump’s ideas aren’t just different – they are dangerously incoherent. They’re not even really ideas – just a series of bizarre rants, personal feuds, and outright lies. He is not just unprepared – he is temperamentally unfit to hold an office that requires knowledge, stability and immense responsibility."

Have you heard about Hillary’s emails ???

the Obama’s book deal ????

hunter Biden !!!!! 

5 hours ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

I hope you're correct, because (assuming he's still alive in October) I wouldn't put it past that motherfucker to orchestrate a dirty bomb in Omaha or some other abject, world-altering lunacy as a last-ditch effort to forestall elections. 

Hmmmmm. Does he serve the GOP best as a martyr? Isn't the GOP a criminal enterprise?

Could the hate engine get the band back together condemning the ebil negro libs for killing their cult leader?

Trump is an anchor around their neck. They can't denounce him without shattering their party. 

spacer.png

Mr. President, you have a visitor.

4 hours ago, TheStoicPaisano said:

Lulz what is the upside for Cheeto here? Spicer/Newsmax are Double-A ball.

Nobody with a molecule of journalist in themselves can just toss softballs right now. FOX has found a mild gag reflex. Maybe even OAN can't guarantee not to hit him with a mildly nasty question. This week Sean Spicer on Newsmax, next week Sarah Huckabee on a local Little Rock radio station.

16 hours ago, Thrawn said:

Go visit the politics board on orangepower.com.  Makes me sad that I went to the same school as most of the chodes that post there.

This is the truth.  I’ve been on there for ages under a different user name, and never frequented anything but the main and recruiting boards.  Decided to check politics once, it’s like going back in time to when guys like Swam ran the CR on shaggy.  (Class of 02 Poke here)

Yeah. A handful of people I went to high school with are full on trumptards. Good lord the ridiculous shit they’re posting like “abortion is a bigger threat than coronavirus” or how that airhead McEnany “shuts down the libtards”. They’re in their mid 20’s. It’s gonna take awhile. 

I have a high school friend now in her mid 40s who thinks McEnany is brilliant. They don’t grow out of it.

That said, I have two close friends from high school who are deeply religious and voted for Trump because they couldn’t stomach Hillary. They both gave up on Trump long ago and are voting straight Dem to teach the GOP a lesson. So there is some hope. They’ve been as pissed as I’ve ever seen them the last week or so.

• Like 5

Glad they've seen the light, but "deeply religious" and "voted for Trump" are two things I simply can't understand. That's like saying you're an avid Texas Longhorns fan but always root for them to lose.

Cognitive dissonance is a predicate for evangelicals. It’s difficult to overcome if you’re raised with it. Both of these guys, however, work in the sciences. They were leaning left and the bungled Covid response was their final straw and using religion as a prop so blatantly after gassing protestors downright enraged them. Moral is you just can’t tell what will bring people in. Just be happy when they come. Prodigal sons and all.

• Like 7

13 hours ago, Ghost of LL said:

As I told Brisket on the phone this morning, the Trump Presidency ended Monday evening.  He may still reside in the White House, but he has no legitimacy.  Anything he tries to do will be met with such blow-back that it'll have to be walked back.  And since it's now his defeat in November is becoming a foregone conclusion, he becomes ever more impotent.

And that is actually really scary.

I told my co-workers Monday how happy I was that Trump losing was now almost a done deal.  And that he knows it, as no Republicans are  defending him and worried about the down ballot.    If I could do a Trump head photoshoped on Fonzi's body on skis jumping in from the the church, I would. Fucker will go hard on voter suppression by exec order and other nonsense to not leave.   He'll be handed indictments in January for the whole fam by the Sovereign District of New York.

54 minutes ago, Bookman said:

Glad they've seen the light, but "deeply religious" and "voted for Trump" are two things I simply can't understand. That's like saying you're an avid Texas Longhorns fan but always root for them to lose.

Really?

https://www.cjonline.com/news/20200407/kansas-coronavirus-update-gov-laura-kelly-extends-crowd-limits-to-churches-funerals

https://www.njspotlight.com/2020/06/two-south-jersey-churches-reopen-defying-gov-murphys-orders-on-indoor-gatherings/

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-05-05/court-upholds-california-ban-on-church-services-in-coronavirus-pandemic

https://abcnews.go.com/US/kentucky-governor-warns-worshipers-congregate-easter-weekend/story?id=70101091

https://time.com/5834708/court-kentucky-ban-mass-gatherings-churches-coronavirus/

https://kstp.com/minnesota-news/governor-walz-faces-another-lawsuit-asking-to-end-unconstitutional-shutdown-orders-for-small-business-churches-covid-19-pandemic/5721855/

https://www.registerguard.com/news/20200508/churches-sue-gov-brown-over-oregon-coronavirus-restrictions

Notice what every one of those states have in common? A Democratic governor.

Now compare the reaction by Republicans.

https://www.heraldtribune.com/news/20200405/coronavirus-florida-governor-exempts-worship-from-stay-at-home-restrictions-many-religious-leaders-say-lsquostay-homersquo

https://www.wtok.com/content/news/WATCH-LIVE-Gov-Reeves-coronavirus-press-conference--569479841.html

https://www.jurist.org/news/2020/05/doj-extends-support-to-church-in-virginia-covid-19-shutdown-case/

https://www.texastribune.org/2020/04/02/texas-churches-coronavirus-stay-open/

It's not a matter of how much of a Christian Trump is.  It's a matter of how anti-religion he isn't.

• Fuck You 10

34 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

I told my co-workers Monday how happy I was that Trump losing was now almost a done deal.  And that he knows it, as no Republicans are  defending him and worried about the down ballot. 

I'm never going to accept this until perhaps weeks after he is gone from the White House.  It's too damn Aggie/recruiting rankings for me.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Chad Fuck said:

That said, I have two close friends from high school who are deeply religious and voted for Trump because they couldn’t stomach Hillary. They both gave up on Trump long ago and are voting straight Dem to teach the GOP a lesson.

I don't believe anyone who once had the mental capacity for Trump.  It's because my thinking they are lying about not voting for Trump somehow makes me feel somewhat better about them actually voting for him in the first place.

I'm basically grateful they are acting like they don't like Trump, even thought I still know their demons will cause them to vote straight R.

• Like 1

“If you win all the time, it's not good for the coaches or the kids.” - actual quote from DeLoss Dodds

11 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I wish but these Trumpers aren’t going anywhere and they’re not going to all of a sudden reject white supremacy.  The challenges we’re looking at are going to take a generation to resolve, if we’re lucky.

You're right in a way.  Jimmy James is way off on his prediction and Trumpers aren't going to all of a sudden reject white supremacy because the vast majority of them have been rejecting it their entire lives.  This is going to get a lot worse before it gets better no matter how the election goes.   The Trump movement isn't a pro-Trump movement.  He is the medium, not the message.   The Trump movement is a reject the radical leftness of the Democrat Party movement.  It is only pro-Trump in the sense that Trump is the only "Republican" with the balls to sling the shit back at the media and the Democratic establishment (toe-mate-toe, toe-mot-toe) instead of trying to placate them.  We want someone to fight the Democrat agenda, not someone who will cut the least shittiest deal with them.  And I can only sado-masochistically imagine what the collective mental sanity of the left will be if Trump gets re-elected. 

Edited by EMAWesome
  • Fuck You 11

18 minutes ago, tantric superman said:

I don't believe anyone who once had the mental capacity for Trump.  It's because my thinking they are lying about not voting for Trump somehow makes me feel somewhat better about them actually voting for him in the first place.

I'm basically grateful they are acting like they don't like Trump, even thought I still know their demons will cause them to vote straight R.

They aren't acting, they're...well, acting.  One is supporting his wife's family as well as his own.  FiL has all sorts of health issues.  Once it became clear that GOP had no replacement for Obamacare, he started along this path.  I bought him a Beto sign to put in his yard and he did.  In Azle.  For him, it was sticking his neck out.  

The other teaches Sunday school at his Baptist church in Austin.  He can no longer look his kid, and his class, in the eye and say Trump is aight while teaching those classes.  

So maybe you're right.  Maybe they are just making it up.  But I don't think so.  There are plenty in my friends/familiy group who have not yet seen the light.  I'm still working on them.

• Like 1

Right, you want someone to fight against ideas like healthcare for all Americans, fixing our deteriorating education system, fixing our deteriorating climate before it kills us all, a woman's right to decide what happens literally inside her own body, marriage equality for gay people, equal access to voting for minorities, etc.
You want someone to fight against the idea that all Americans should be treated fairly and we should plan for the future and correct the mistakes we've made so far.
And Trump's your boy.
But I'll give you credit for admitting it.  That's more than most Republicans are capable of.

You forgot the right to have guys with anger management issues buy unregistered shoulder fired anti-aircraft launchers at gun shows, ‘cause 2nd Amendment. You Libs want to steal that.
  • Like 4

13 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

You want someone to fight against the idea that all Americans should be treated fairly and we should plan for the future and correct the mistakes we've made so far.

The bolded is their biggest fear.  Their brains can't handle admitting they aren't the greatest and most bestest humans in history.  AMERICAN EXCEPTIONALISM!!!111!1

• Like 2