Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

Look y’all we are about to enter into a dangerous time. Given that fact, it is now more important than ever that you voice your opinion that counters that, which is to respect peace, justice, and all that entails. Because Trump is now a cornered rat and an animal who will now do whatever he can to survive. His worst is yet to come and its incumbent upon all of us to make sure that his narcissistic vision of complete vindication does not come to fruition. Because that is all he cares about. He is mentally ill. 

• Like 4

Look y’all we are about to enter into a dangerous time. Given that fact, it is now more important than ever that you voice your opinion that counters that, which is to respect peace, justice, and all that entails. Because Trump is now a cornered rat and an animal who will now do whatever he can to survive. His worst is yet to come and its incumbent upon all of us to make sure that his narcissistic vision of complete vindication does not come to fruition. Because that is all he cares about. He is mentally ill. 
It's true. When you think it can't get worse is when it is most likely to do so.

I saw a headline that the White House is bracing for the biggest protest yet this weekend. Man, if there could be enough people to go from one end of the Mall to the Lincoln Memorial, that would kick so much ass. Then take a shot and compare it to his precious Inauguration photo.

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, mdmost said:

I saw a headline that the White House is bracing for the biggest protest yet this weekend. Man, if there could be enough people to go from one end of the Mall to the Lincoln Memorial, that would kick so much ass. Then take a shot and compare it to his precious Inauguration photo.

Where did you see that at? I'd love for it to be true.

4 hours ago, The Ace of Aces said:

At least 10 black churches have been burned to the ground from arson by white nationalist the past 2 or so years. Not a goddamn peep from this Klan leader.

This asshole could not possibly care any less about any of those black churches. He's too busy turning the White House into a fortress while the country burns. He is nothing more than a cowardly bully and putting up this fence around the White House is just embarrassing.

Unemployment numbers look surprisingly good. You know he's going to take credit for them.
It makes sense that the job losses would've been pretty much all in April given the abrupt nature of the shutdowns followed by some reopening in May. Based on what we know the unemoloyment rate for both months is likely an undercount, but the pattern makes sense.

Yes he'll try to take credit, and yes "Taking credit" for double digit unemployment is very aggy.

12 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

He did push to reopen, and reopening is why the numbers are better, so he gets a victory lap today. 

This is fools gold, right?  How many of these hires are the ones working at 25-50% capacity places and are getting fucked on hours/wages/tips?  

• Like 1

man. you get so numb to this charade but then you have moments of clarity where it just hits you. this fucking cunt spent 4 years talking about a wall to protect citizens from brown people...and now he's had to erect a wall around his castle to protect himself from those same citizens because they want his head on a stick.

how can we not be in a simulation?  

Those employment numbers are weird AF.  It looks like everywhere except government is hiring like gang busters, except ADP and unemployment insurance are not showing the same thing, and tax collections are plummeting, so wages are not matching hiring.  Must be some sort of part time rehire bump associated with both reopenings and business adjusting to a long term lower output future.

I'd slow my roll if I were him, you may very well see a pretty aggressive adjustment in coming months, but that ain't his style.

Edited by Bateshorn

1 minute ago, Bateshorn said:

Those employment numbers are weird AF.  It looks like everywhere except government is hiring like gang busters, except ADP and unemployment insurance are not showing the same thing, and tax collections are plummeting, so wages are not matching hiring.

I'd slow my roll if I were him, you may very well see a pretty aggressive adjustment in coming months, but that ain't his style.

Thats what I asked earlier, I think it probably includes bringing a ton of people back to satisfy the SBA loans and a bunch of food service/hospitality jobs that are operating at reduced capacity.  They technically have jobs, but most arent remotely making real wages.  That $1200 isnt going to equate to much disposable spending.  

6 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

Those employment numbers are weird AF.  It looks like everywhere except government is hiring like gang busters, except ADP and unemployment insurance are not showing the same thing, and tax collections are plummeting, so wages are not matching hiring.

No way that fucker slows his roll.  He will be taking credit for those great numbers for the next month and when the adjustment comes it will be crickets because he will be starting a new fire somewhere else for us to all look at.  Those numbers don't seem correct to me.  It's like they manipulated the data to get the best possible outcome.  Of the 2.5 million jobs added in May I think 1.4 million of them were in the restaurant business which just means those were people that went back to work at lower salary/tips since the restaurants are only at 25-50% and struggling.  It has been said on this board before but Trump is so Aggy.  He is the Aggy telling the world how the game is over against OU when Aggy gets a first down on their first drive of the game yet goes on to get mudholed 77-0.  Also, Fuck OU in this scenario I described.

Edited by Beantown Express 2.0
  • Like 1

Is there anything more overrated than jobs numbers? Not a single damned person votes based on numbers from a jobs report, they vote based on how it feels like the economy is doing. And this last month didn’t FEEL like good news, regardless of how many 20 hr/week bartenders went back to work.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

he's going to use this press conference as an opportunity to bring the country together. it will be a much needed message of hope and faith and coalesce the citizenry around a shared vision of prosperity and happiness for all.  

Shit man, I'll have what you're smoking

38 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

Those employment numbers are weird AF.  It looks like everywhere except government is hiring like gang busters, except ADP and unemployment insurance are not showing the same thing, and tax collections are plummeting, so wages are not matching hiring.  Must be some sort of part time rehire bump associated with both reopenings and business adjusting to a long term lower output future.

Why would that be a problem for Trump? Any downward adjustment will obviously be Obama's fault.

Edited by HornOnTheBayou
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Mo Horn said:

Unemployment numbers look surprisingly good. You know he's going to take credit for them.

Of course he would, politics.. any President would.

We got a long way to go. I can't figure out how to post the chart in this CNN in article, but it is stark.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/05/economy/may-jobs-report-2020-coronavirus/index.html

The press conference is about tearing down a statue of Robert E. Lee gallantly riding a horse and replacing it with a statue of Robert E. Lee and Senator Steve King happily riding a tandem bike to celebrate unity. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, TXSG8R said:

This is fools gold, right?  How many of these hires are the ones working at 25-50% capacity places and are getting fucked on hours/wages/tips?  

Probably a lot of them, but the "these numbers are a lie because of lot of these jobs are shitty and pay almost nothing" argument only applies when there's a black guy in the White House.

31 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Is there anything more overrated than jobs numbers? Not a single damned person votes based on numbers from a jobs report, they vote based on how it feels like the economy is doing. And this last month didn’t FEEL like good news, regardless of how many 20 hr/week bartenders went back to work.

The real job number to look at this the underemployment statistic which is at 21%. It is really more indicative of the situation. The states are opening up and some workers are going back to work but at reduced hours or for less pay.