Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

That's my point.  In the Trump family, that the new outsider Jared/Bateman is a self-obsessed serial killer singularly focused on money, materialism, and mayhem and that's a net asset to the organization even if he defiles the sacred Ivanka.  In real life though, her idol was written by Ellis to be sexually ambiguous, and that's something the Trumps can't wrap their heads around even with Eric being an obvious closeted homosexual.  Anyway, Ellis has been clear on this topic before.  

10 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

Like the GOP isn't going to fearmonger no matter what the slogan is.  This is the same party that deemed Obama the most divisive president ever, Obamacare as communism and the largest violation of personal freedom ever, and is terrified of the Antifa boogeyman.  

I’m surprised how quickly “defund the police” (not even a radical idea) got walked back because it made too many people feel uncomfortable and mis-messaged/interpreted as “abolish the police.” 

Dems should push back hard as fuck on that and say something like, “Don’t like ‘Defund the Police‘? That’s cool, the new message will be ‘Abolish White Supremacy’.”

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I’m surprised how quickly “defund the police” (not even a radical idea) got walked back because it made too many people feel uncomfortable and mis-messaged/interpreted as “abolish the police.” 

Dems should push back hard as fuck on that and say something like, “Don’t like ‘Defund the Police‘? That’s cool, the new message will be ‘Abolish White Supremacy’.”

The phrase got co-opted way too quickly, along the lines of Defund Planned Parenthood (which was pointed out here) and that is only possible due to social media.

ONCE THE MESSAGE  LEAVES YOUR MOUTH/HANDS, you lose control of it, so one needs to have a very good idea of possible reactions/opposition. It's one of the rather fortunate things about the WH right now. They don't seem to be all that great about considering the message prior to delivery. Oh, they get their dog whistles out, but other times they step in the pile of poo and act surprised when it smells. I don't know who came up with the phrase Defund The Police so I don't want to be overwhelmingly critical as I had the idea that they wanted to reimagine public safety as protection for all as opposed to protection for some, punishment for certain groups, and freedom from consequences for the police.

2 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

Hahahahhahahah!

CAHILL, US MARSHALL!!!

MANNIX!!

3 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

And Elmo. If Tucker Carlson brings up Elmo again on Fox, I'm waiting for the tweet and when it does, THAT is going to be very interesting. I doubt that many in Trump's base have their children watching Sesame Street and heaven knows the calls to cut PBS have been legion, but Elmo opens up some uncomfortable realities for the propaganda machine. ($esame $treet merchandise).

I swear he picks the dumbest hills to fight on. His base would applaud him changing the names of the bases, because they'll applaud anything he does. If he just acted like a leader until November he could do all the racist shit he wants to do for 4 more years, but he can't even do that. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

I swear he picks the dumbest hills to fight on. His base would applaud him changing the names of the bases, because they'll applaud anything he does. If he just acted like a leader until November he could do all the racist shit he wants to do for 4 more years, but he can't even do that. 

We are fortunate that he is as stupid as he is. I

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Nothing says history of winning and victory like Braxton Bragg and John Bell Hood, who lost the battles, but lost the war. 

Hey, you'll not get far with those arguments against Cadet Bonespurs, the hero of the Battles of VD and Studio 54.  Recant!

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

mr burns GIF

Arizona? HAHAHAHAHA! He still owes Tuscon $81,837 and Mesa $64,467 for POLICE protection that the Secret Service requested. Guess he's going to Phoenix? Flagstaff? Seriously, I think his total bill nationwide is over $1.5 million or something like that. Some cities don't require payment for any politicians so they don't charge campaigns, but others do. Any city that takes him in better get the money up front.

1 hour ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

She may be right. 

She's wrong. Don Jr. never hosted his own reality tv show. Trump spent almost 40 years conning the American public to get where he is. That's not going to transfer to any of his kids. It's also not going to work for any other GOP politicians who try to copy Trump's style. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

She's wrong. Don Jr. never hosted his own reality tv show. Trump spent almost 40 years conning the American public to get where he is. That's not going to transfer to any of his kids. It's also not going to work for any other GOP politicians who try to copy Trump's style. 

This. Donald Trump is a uniquely talented and lucky con man. 

• Like 1

So he sides with the Confederacy over America, and is still going to try to give a speech on race and race relations?  All while telling Black people the 4 things he has done for "us," 2 of which aren't really true?

And he expects to get more than 8% of the Black vote in 5 months? 

giphy.gif

• Like 3

More on Tulsa; major in their PD wrote an essay after Ferguson titled: "Follow Commands or Die." He's been in the news over a podcast interview controversy regarding comments relating to Floyd's death in Minneapolis. Tulsa just hired their first African American Police Chief in January. (A little less than a century after the race massacre).

I am torn between thinking this may bring some attention to what happened in the Greenwood area and bring about change, or this is a Stephen Miller/Trump publicity stunt to stoke the racist flames. I still have some family there and a relative who works with families who have a member incarcerated and sowing discord would be so bad for the city right now with so many people hungry, sick and hurting.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

More on Tulsa; major in their PD wrote an essay after Ferguson titled: "Follow Commands or Die." He's been in the news over a podcast interview controversy regarding comments relating to Floyd's death in Minneapolis. Tulsa just hired their first African American Police Chief in January. (A little less than a century after the race massacre).

I am torn between thinking this may bring some attention to what happened in the Greenwood area and bring about change, or this is a Stephen Miller/Trump publicity stunt to stoke the racist flames. I still have some family there and a relative who works with families who have a member incarcerated and sowing discord would be so bad for the city right now with so many people hungry, sick and hurting.

This.  

The rally is not some long-term thinking going on here.  It's "what city/region can we go to that has a violent racial past, just so we can remind people just who is in charge here".

It's not for some electoral strategy, for Trump is going to get Oklahoma's 7 electoral votes.  It's also a pure ego-stroking move; to go to an area with minimal protest potential and maximum fan effect.  

Edited by Francisco 2.0
  • Like 1