Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

26 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

I mean, they have to realize having him ramble like a mental patient on national tv only pushes people further away, other than the 40% right?  

"They" are acting out of self preservation, not re-election.  Who wouldn't leap at anything that would make a single day of handling him more bearable.  Rallies are his milk and cookies.

It's fine if you support the troll job, but as troll jobs go it was pretty weak. They used the shot of him making fun of a handicapped reporter out of context. That was Trump being an asshole, not Trump being unwell. And they didn't use a single audio clip of Trump being incapable of speaking. They used the toilet paper stuck to his shoe. Ha ha, that's funny in a 'Look at that dufus' sort of way, but it's not a sign of him being unwell. Trump provides so much good material that they could've used but they were just lazy in their production of that spot. 

It was in the context of “nor the character to admit it”.
  • Like 1

He’ll have his SS troops clear a corridor from the White House to the nearest gym. Then he will walk down there and take a picture holding a smoothie from the juice bar, but he will hold it upside down and spill it on his shoes.
Well if course. It's a smoothie, not a Blizzard like he's used to.
  • Like 4

Yeah, and Anonymous was going to release financial information on him, Rick Wilson was supposed to have a bombshell yesterday, Bolton supposedly reveals the whole foreign interference in his book, vulnerable Senate candidates from Class 2 are gonna break ranks, #BunkerBitch was gonna break his spirit, etc., etc., etc.  

His people don't fucking care.  4 years in with this dipshit and I gotta remind you guys how we keep the Republic's lights on around here?  You gotta get 5-10% of the 80mm that didn't vote last time to get out and vote.  That's it.  That's all that matters now.  

7 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Yeah, and Anonymous was going to release financial information on him, Rick Wilson was supposed to have a bombshell yesterday, Bolton supposedly reveals the whole foreign interference in his book, vulnerable Senate candidates from Class 2 are gonna break ranks, #BunkerBitch was gonna break his spirit, etc., etc., etc.  

His people don't fucking care.  4 years in with this dipshit and I gotta remind you guys how we keep the Republic's lights on around here?  You gotta get 5-10% of the 80mm that didn't vote last time to get out and vote.  That's it.  That's all that matters now.  

Monty Phyton: Who are you, who are so wise in the ways of science ...

• Like 1

Just now, RPM said:

I have a feeling his Tulsa rally will be the straw. He's going to be so jazzed and strung out on Adderall that he can't help but say something stupid that gives them an out with honor.

At this point, there is no honor. They split  and doubled down, split em and doubled again.  Fucked like Chuck.

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I find this curious because VOA isn't exactly designed to reach American voters.

Right, but imagine the propaganda that VOA could spread to the world. 

Don't get me wrong; throughout its history it has done just that.  Now imagine Trump appointees using it.

18 minutes ago, Lobo said:

ah, well, NEVERTHELESS!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Right, but imagine the propaganda that VOA could spread to the world. 

Don't get me wrong; throughout its history it has done just that.  Now imagine Trump appointees using it.

Nah.  It would be 1000x less effective than that sort of propaganda domestically because the listener isn’t carrying the baggage and confirmation bias of Jim Crow and everything else that makes it work here. We don’t believe the bullshit out of Turkey.  Why would they believe ours?

• Like 1

Just now, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

Nah.  It would be 1000x less effective than that sort of propaganda domestically because the listener isn’t carrying the baggage and confirmation bias of Jim Crow and everything else that makes it work here. We don’t believe the bullshit out of Turkey.  Why would they believe ours?

I'm picturing VOA spreading other countries propaganda on their behalf.   

5 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

The rest of the world realizes that Trump is a complete fucking buffoon. If there are 62 million Trump fans in the US, there are probably 65 million total in the world. nobody buys into his bullshit, and they certainly don't buy into the concept of American excellence while Trump shits down his leg at every opportunity. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pig Bellmont said:

I laughed out loud at this turn of phrase:

Trump, who hoped to wage a disingenuous campaign to portray the opposition as the true source of racial injustice in America, has instead led his own party into a referendum on whether it supports him and prominent pro-slavery confederates, or not.   

36 minutes ago, RPM said:

I have a feeling his Tulsa rally will be the straw. He's going to be so jazzed and strung out on Adderall that he can't help but say something stupid that gives them an out with honor.

Just like the Wehrmacht with Hitler. They'll come out fine. Just slightly fewer in number.

1 minute ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Rumors that 100,000 people are going to show up in Tulsa to try to prevent Trump from reaching the venue.  It would be interesting to see the secret service try to clear a path through 100,000 protesters sitting in the middle of the street.  They'd probably helicopter him in if they could find one of those huge military chinooks that could carry the weight.

They would need one of those helicopters that they use to haul an air conditioning unit to the roof of a Costco sized building if they want to haul Jabba’s Fatass to the convention!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Rumors that 100,000 people are going to show up in Tulsa to try to prevent Trump from reaching the venue.  It would be interesting to see the secret service try to clear a path through 100,000 protesters sitting in the middle of the street.  They'd probably helicopter him in if they could find one of those huge military chinooks that could carry the weight.

I haven't heard anything of the sort on the ground here in Tulsa. In fact, the stakeholders I follow are actively discouraging direct confrontation or protest at the BOK Center to avoid becoming Charlottesville. Let him come and go and hopefully a bunch of them are from out of state and can take the 'rona with them. 

Instead, there are plans to gather a few blocks away in the Greenwood neighborhood, the site of the 1921 massacre. Now we see that the fucking Governor invited trump to tour Greenwood. The stakeholders have made crystal clear that neither of them are welcome. If they try to force their way into Greenwood through that crowd, then it could seriously get ugly. I haven't heard any followup on that since a few days ago, so hopefully they will abandon that and just get it fucking over with as quickly as possible.

BTW, the cultists started camping out as early as monday. Fuck these people, seriously. It's a mental illness at this point.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Irwin F Fletcher said:
12 hours ago, Pescado_Rojo said:
He’ll have his SS troops clear a corridor from the White House to the nearest gym. Then he will walk down there and take a picture holding a smoothie from the juice bar, but he will hold it upside down and spill it on his shoes.

Well if course. It's a smoothie, not a Blizzard like he's used to.

I like Blizzards. 

1 hour ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Yeah.....this is why we're entering the most dangerous period in our history in decades.  Anyone and anything that is lawful is falling away/running away from this administration.  It's just Trump and the Trumpists, Miller, Barr, etc.  And there are only two paths for them: win re-election, insulating themselves from consequences and freeing them to pursue their psychotic, authoritarian agenda, or defeat in November, subjecting them to grave consequences, both legal and social.  They will not accept the second possibility -- it is on par with death.  They are fighting like animals with their backs to the wall.  It's victory or death for them, and you damned well better believe they'll do anything you can imagine, and more, to get that victory.

You have a lawless, un-American authoritarian regime that is desperate to retain power.  What follows is already known.  Buckle up.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Yeah.....this is why we're entering the most dangerous period in our history in decades.  Anyone and anything that is lawful is falling away/running away from this administration.  It's just Trump and the Trumpists, Miller, Barr, etc.  And there are only two paths for them: win re-election, insulating themselves from consequences and freeing them to pursue their psychotic, authoritarian agenda, or defeat in November, subjecting them to grave consequences, both legal and social.  They will not accept the second possibility -- it is on par with death.  They are fighting like animals with their backs to the wall.  It's victory or death for them, and you damned well better believe they'll do anything you can imagine, and more, to get that victory.

You have a lawless, un-American authoritarian regime that is desperate to retain power.  What follows is already known.  Buckle up.

With the added layer of a potential purge of the GOP if Biden wins. Who knows what will be unearthed if we can get a real investigation into dark money from foreign powers in our system. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

With the added layer of a potential purge of the GOP if Biden wins. Who knows what will be unearthed if we can get a real investigation into dark money from foreign powers in our system. 

Definitely this.

Barr's greatest danger isn't a Biden win.  It's a Biden win, and a GOP that decides that it needs to disown Trumpism, and not provide its worst actors with any political cover.

He should rest easy.  That won't happen.  There is no GOP without Trumpism - take it away, and there's nothing left.  The host has been completely replaced by the parasite.

• Like 1

I'm picturing VOA spreading other countries propaganda on their behalf.   

Initially set up to be bi-partisan but looks like they got rid of that pesky shit in 2017.
(Wiki)
Organization[edit]
USAGM is led by a single Chief Executive Officer appointed by the President of the United States and confirmed by the U.S. Senate. Until 2016, it was headed by a bi-partisan board with nine members; eight were appointed by the President with Senate confirmation, and the ninth member ex officio was the Secretary of State. By law, no more than four members could be from the same political party.[23] The president designated one member (other than the Secretary of State) to serve as Chairman. The Board served as a "firewall" against political interference in the journalistic product.[24] Upon the passage of the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2017, the agency was placed under the direction of a single CEO, and the board, officially renamed the International Broadcasting Advisory Board, was reduced to five members appointed by the President to serve in a merely advisory role. (Previously appointed board members in excess of five could continue to serve, but would not be replaced when their term expired.)[6] Under the 2017 reform legislation, any new agency CEO is to be nominated by the U.S. President and confirmed by the U.S. Senate with authority to select key agency personnel. Current USAGM CEO John F. Lansing, who had been selected and approved in 2015 by the BBG Board holding a Democratic majority during the Obama administration, was not nominated by President Obama nor confirmed by the Republican-controlled U.S. Senate, as this was not required under previous legislation. In June 2018, President Trump announced his intention to nominate documentary film producer Michael Pack to head the agency. He was confirmed by the Senate on June 4, 2020.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

Lest we forget the inevitable corruption investigations into Trump & Family, Inc and the PPP fiasco. The first probably will get hamstrung by Trump self-pardoning himself and blanket pardoning the fam and loyal minions.

56 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

If you actually want to punish them for it, you need to vote straight ticket Dem for the next 20 years. If their only punishment for all this is losing one presidential election cycle, they’ll gladly take that deal every time. If they get wiped out this November but do well in 2022 and 2024, they won’t learn anything except that the American people have the memories of goldfish and that they can do the absolute worst things imaginable and convince half the country that it was actually the Dems that did those things.

Nah.  Trump is exactly who we all knew he was.  He may be the culmination of a decades-long trajectory, but he can be undone quickly.  If they run out a candidate (Presidential or down-ballot) who in any way resembles a Trump Republican, they should lose.  But if they lose this election and immediately and dramatically pivot party-wide to Eisenhower Republicanism, I will consider those candidates.

For the rest of my voting life, my first question when considering a candidate will be “does this person in any way resemble Donald Trump”, and if the answer is yes I will not only not vote for them, I will immediately enthusiastically vote for their opponent.  But otherwise, I will consider all candidates regardless of party.