Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

12 minutes ago, MrBig said:

This makes me think of when Sarah Palin was mocked with “I can see Russia from my house.”

At least Palin knows she is looking at Russia.

Trump is at the level of sanity where not only is he unsure of what country he is looking at, we don’t even know if he’s sitting by the window.

hell, HE doesn't even know if he's sitting by the window. 

10 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

President Trump asked Chinese President Xi Jinping to help him win the 2020 U.S. election, telling Xi during a summit dinner last year that increased agricultural purchases by Beijing from American farmers would aid his electoral prospects, according to a damning new account of life inside the Trump administration by former national security adviser John Bolton.

During a one-on-one meeting at the June 2019 Group of 20 summit in Japan, Xi complained to Trump about China critics in the United States. But Bolton writes in a book scheduled to be released next week that “Trump immediately assumed Xi meant the Democrats. Trump said approvingly that there was great hostility among the Democrats.

“He then, stunningly, turned the conversation to the coming U.S. presidential election, alluding to China’s economic capability to affect the ongoing campaigns, pleading with Xi to ensure he’d win,” Bolton writes. “He stressed the importance of farmers, and increased Chinese purchases of soybeans and wheat in the electoral outcome. I would print Trump’s exact words but the government’s prepublication review process has decided otherwise.”

Bolton’s 592-page memoir, obtained by The Washington Post, is the most substantive, critical dissection of the president from an administration insider so far, coming from a conservative who has worked in Republican administrations for decades and is a longtime contributor to Fox News. It portrays Trump as an “erratic” and “stunningly uninformed” commander in chief, and lays out a long series of jarring and troubling encounters between the president, his top advisers and foreign leaders.

In one May 2019 phone call, for example, Russian President Vladimir Putin compared Venezuelan opposition leader Juan Guaidó to 2016 Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton, part of what Bolton terms a “brilliant display of Soviet style proganda” to shore up support for Venezuelan leader Nicolás Maduro. Putin’s claims, Bolton writes, “largely persuaded Trump.”

In May 2018, Bolton says, Turkish president Recep Tayyip Erdogan handed Trump a memo claiming innocence for a Turkish firm under investigation by the U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of New York for violating Iranian sanctions.

“Trump then told Erdogan he would take care of things, explaining that the Southern District prosecutors were not his people, but were Obama people, a problem that would be fixed when they were replaced by his people,” Bolton writes.

Bolton recounts numerous private conversations Trump had with other leaders that revealed the limits of his knowledge. He recalls Trump asking Kelly if the nation of Finland is part of Russia. In a meeting with then-British Prime Minister Theresa May in 2018, a British official referred to the UK as a “nuclear power,” and Trump interjects: “Oh, are you a nuclear power?” Bolton adds that he could tell the question about Britain, which has long maintained a nuclear arsenal, “was not intended as a joke.”

Bolton attributes a litany of shocking statements to the president. Trump said invading Venezuela would be “cool” and that the South American nation was “really part of the United States.” Bolton says Trump kept confusing the current and former presidents of Afghanistan, while asking Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe to help him strike a deal with Iran. And Trump told Xi that Americans were clamoring for him to change the constitutional rules to serve more than two terms, according to the book.

He also describes a summer 2019 meeting in New Jersey where Trump says journalists should be jailed so they have to divulge their sources: “These people should be executed. They are scumbags,” Trump said, according to Bolton's account.

• Like 2

Portugal has a deal if you invest something like $300K in the country (real estate counts) you get a Portugese passport and access to the entire EU.  Not that EU is going to be around much longer either, but it's an option I will consider a few years from now if we're still around.
I'm looking at Costa Rica in 4 years when my kid graduates. IIRC you just need to deposit 150 k in a CR bank. Even at that considering a move to Cali in 18 months. Tired of the heat, rednecks and lack of public land.
  • Like 2

But Trump called it the Chinese virus because he's so racist against Chinese.  Life sure comes at you fast.
Maybe he's just a moron?

You can be a racist and still want to use the people you’re racist about to help you.

Slavery taught most of us that.

8 minutes ago, Born to Run said:
1 hour ago, Fudge Nuggets said:
Portugal has a deal if you invest something like $300K in the country (real estate counts) you get a Portugese passport and access to the entire EU.  Not that EU is going to be around much longer either, but it's an option I will consider a few years from now if we're still around.

I'm looking at Costa Rica in 4 years when my kid graduates. IIRC you just need to deposit 150 k in a CR bank. Even at that considering a move to Cali in 18 months. Tired of the heat, rednecks and lack of public land.

I know a good realtor near San Diego.   Just sayin'. 

2 hours ago, Storm the Field said:

Approval ratings continue crashing and burning, hitting levels not seen since the middle of the shutdown debacle in January 2019.

Currently at 40.7/55.3 on 538. That's an 11-point swing (approval down 5, disapproval up 6) since his meager "rally round the flag" bounce in late March.

When is he going to sue 538?

(Bolton) also describes a summer 2019 meeting in New Jersey where Trump says journalists should be jailed so they have to divulge their sources: “These people should be executed. They are scumbags,” Trump said, according to Bolton's account.

Fuck this mother fucker.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

So does Trump sign an Executive Order in the next day or so to shut down all ABC broadcasts?  Maybe Barr has Bolton arrested and executed in front of the White House.  I joke but at the same time stuff like this wouldn't surprise me.

Well, the book's already out so if Bolton gets executed; yeah I can make that trade.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Automatic from what I understand.  There may be a grace period where you have to be resident for a certain amount of time though.

I’ve been browsing real estate listings. $300K goes a long way. 

1 minute ago, HornPhD said:

I’ve been browsing real estate listings. $300K goes a long way. 

My guy has an uncle that did this strategery and says he dropped a little over the $300K on a property complete with a large house and smaller guest house.  It's right on the coast near the border with Spain.  Since his house is paid for, he says his uncle lives like an absolute king on the equivalent of $1,200 - $1,500 / month.  And if you get sick you don't go broke.

Win win.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

My guy has an uncle that did this strategery and says he dropped a little over the $300K on a property complete with a large house and smaller guest house.  It's right on the coast near the border with Spain.  Since his house is paid for, he says his uncle lives like an absolute king on the equivalent of $1,200 - $1,500 / month.  And if you get sick you don't go broke.

Win win.

We are SO seriously looking into expat options for once we get older.  Anything that would get us an EU passport would be fantastic.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

We are SO seriously looking into expat options for once we get older.  Anything that would get us an EU passport would be fantastic.

I worked 16 years as an expat and vowed there is no way in hell I would ever think about retiring in the US.  I'm more an Asia or Caribbean kind of guy, though.

lost in all the stupidity, human rights violations, and self-aggrandizing nonsense, the least surprising "revelation" is that trump was trying to convince foreign leaders that americans were clamoring to change the rules to allow trump to serve more than two terms.

7 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

I worked 16 years as an expat and vowed there is no way in hell I would ever think about retiring in the US.  I'm more an Asia or Caribbean kind of guy, though.

Figuring we'd need to maintain permanent residency here....maybe we just spend 60-90 days in various places (and a lot of that depends on where our kids end up living, which may well be overseas).  But our passion for living out our golden years in this country is....not strong.  Really would like an EU passport, though.

All of this is believable but at the end of the day, I doubt anyone remembers any of this in 2 weeks.  Supporters will blow it off as hearsay from a disgruntled employee, those of us who can’t stand trump will have something new to be upset about in short order. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ted Lange said:

All of this is believable but at the end of the day, I doubt anyone remembers any of this in 2 weeks.  Supporters will blow it off as hearsay from a disgruntled employee, those of us who can’t stand trump will have something new to be upset about in short order. 

it is sort of a win though.  if the polls are currently so pro-Biden, anything that happens to cement the polls is good.

• Like 1

Part of me is happy this came out and the other wants Bolton to be prosecuted because his bitch ass should have testified and he didn't because he's a bitch. He had a chance to do something and instead decided to just cash in. Fuck him. 

Edited by mdmost
  • Like 9

1 minute ago, mdmost said:

Part of me is happy this came out and the other wants Bolton to be prosecuted because his bitch ass should have testified and he didn't because he's a bitch. 

This.  Hope he loses money on this book.  Why would anyone buy it?  If he spoke up when this was happening, great. But saying it now in attempt to profit from it.  f him

Edited by Ted Lange

34 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Well, the insurance thing is such a huge incentive.  My wife and I are probably able to retire in the next five years....except insurance.  The Portugal thing sounds very attractive.

5 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Part of me is happy this came out and the other wants Bolton to be prosecuted because his bitch ass should have testified and he didn't because he's a bitch. He had a chance to do something and instead decided to just cash in. Fuck him. 

yeah, kind of pretty much this. he could have aided in the impeachment trial, but deferred. fuck him.

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

It's all terrible of course, but I don't see anything yet that will make any kind of difference. 

Exactly. Nothing will matter. Trump supported concentration camps being built in China and actively solicited re-election help from the Chinese government. They will only care if we vote them all out