Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

1 hour ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

Growing up in Texas, what I was told as a kid is it was a Texas celebration because it commemorated when the news of the end of slavery reached Texas.  However, in Texas we often have an over inflated sense of importance, so it would surprise me if that explanation was full of shit, and it was a more general celebration throughout the south and not just a Texas thing all along. But it also could be it was something that started in Texas and spread over time to the rest of the south.  IDK.

New motto?

2 hours ago, WBT said:

When did Juneteenth become a national thing?  Seems like it was Texas only until the last decade or so?  Or maybe I just missed it.

yeah, i grew up thinking it was a texas thing. kind of irked me when all the yankees were trying to celebrate it here in the last couple years. but whatever. its for the greater good now.

1 hour ago, JimmyJames said:

Roe v wade was a mistake. And not even a good well reasoned and written opinion, even if you like the result. Without it the issue eventually works itself out state by state and never becomes the excuse evangelical whites currently have and have had for years for continuing to act like racist shitbags who support guys like Donald trump. 

If it wasn't Roe it'd just be something else.

It's misguided to think that you can peel off the rational from these folks by removing a foundation for their beliefs; they are functionally held together by an artifice of perceived oppression and they (or their elites) would just manufacture something else.  Maybe absent Roe we'd be even more divided. 

Not to sound like Brisket when he's desperately in need of a hug but I don't know of a solution besides wait for most of these people to die and just HAMMER their leadership when there's an opening to discredit them (it's really weird how many of these religious leaders, who should know they are in the public eye, can't keep themselves away from shenanigans). 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Pancho said:

It's been celebrated in Black communities all over the country for a long time, but I think it started as a Texas "thing" because Texas fully recognized it as a state holiday in 1980.  Also, because the papers were read in Galveston which made the whole holiday.  That's why some people thought it was a "Texas thing" when in realty is celebrated in a lot of Black communities all over the country both in the past and today. 

Ah ok, that explains a lot (having been born in the 80s) of why i thought it was a texas thing.  Thank you.

3 hours ago, 'stache said:

It's been a big celebration here in Tulsa for as long as I've lived here. But I guess I didn't know that until just now when the president told me about it.

I'm not usually a prop bet guy, but if Trump and Kanye announce Juneteenth as a national holiday tomorrow I'll be a very rich man.

Edited by Degenerate Gardner

25 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

they're not even hiding it anymore:

The funny part is that apparently Antifa uses that insignia, I'm assuming because it was used by fucking Nazi's to designate political prisoners.  So what does Team Trump decide to do, act like the fucking fascists that Antifa considers themselves standing up against and use it in their ad.  Even though nobody outside of a few Antifa members and fucking fascists online know that it was originally used by Antifa either in a mocking fashion or for solidarity reasons.  Good thing Trump surrounds himself with not all that particularly bright fascists.  Otherwise shit might have been a lot worse the last 3 1/2 years.

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

In the context of attacking an opposing political group, the regime uses....a symbol that the Nazis made members of opposing political groups wear.  In Nazi prison camps.

Remember, 40% of your fellow Americans think that's all cool, and is awesome leadership, best president ever.  Never, ever, ever fucking forget that, or them.

The election can’t be the end of this. These Dotard loving racist pieces of shit should not get to just crawl back under their rock and hide. Every single person that voted for him whether it be a friend, family member or a random person you give fuck-all about should be shamed for the damage they did to the rights of their fellow human beings among many other things. Everywhere you encounter these morons you need to call them out. Their social construct is built on racism and comfort in that belief. We all have to keep pushing for a better life for our fellow citizens that have never been fully accepted as being equal solely because their skin was darker. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, UpperWestside said:

The election can’t be the end of this. These Dotard loving racist pieces of shit should not get to just crawl back under their rock and hide. Every single person that voted for him whether it be a friend, family member or a random person you give fuck-all about should be shamed for the damage they did to the rights of their fellow human beings among many other things. Everywhere you encounter these morons you need to call them out. Their social construct is built on racism and comfort in that belief. We all have to keep pushing for a better life for our fellow citizens that have never been fully accepted as being equal solely because their skin was darker. 

First things first.  1) Get Trump out of office.  2) Defeat all Trumpist Republicans in every office, right down to dog catcher.  3) Drive all Trumpists back under a rock.  Boycott their businesses.  Ostracize them from community activities.  Remember and say their names in public, over and over.

And never, ever forget.

• Like 9

Someone needs to create a funny yet innocuous joke about Trump like the Winnie the Pooh thing about Xi, and have reporters ask him about it all the time. Or just find something that gets under his skin. And continue to ask him about it until he loses it. 

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020/06/boltons-unredacted-book-shows-trump-trying-to-hide

John Bolton’s account that Donald Trump asked Chinese President Xi Jinping last June to buy more American farm products to help Trump’s reelection is so explosive that White House officials prevented Bolton from directly quoting Trump in Bolton’s new tell-all memoir. “I would print Trump’s exact words but the government’s prepublication review process has decided otherwise,” Bolton writes in The Room Where it Happened.

For months, Bolton has been in a standoff with the Trump administration over the book’s contents. Back in January, the White House sent a cease-and-desist letter to Bolton’s lawyer demanding that Bolton’s book not be released without the removal of certain details from the manuscript. Most recently, William Barr’s Justice Department filed a federal lawsuit asking the judge to block the release of the book next week. Vanity Fair has seen unredacted pages from the book and it’s clear why the White House tried to keep Trump’s words secret: they are deeply embarrassing and illustrate Trump’s naked politicization of America’s foreign policy.

According to an unredacted passage shown to Vanity Fair by a source, Trump’s ask is even more crudely shocking when you read Trump’s specific language. “Make sure I win,” Trump allegedly told Xi during a dinner at the G20 conference in Osaka, Japan last summer. “I will probably win anyway, so don’t hurt my farms.… Buy a lot of soybeans and wheat and make sure we win.”

(The White House did not respond to a request for comment.)

Bolton renders Trump’s interactions with President Xi in vivid detail. In the passages, Trump comes off like a needy supplicant. For example, at last year’s G20 dinner, with only interpreters present, Xi explained to Trump why China was building concentration camps for the country’s minority Uighur population. Trump allegedly told Xi he approved of the brutal human rights violation. “According to our interpreter, Trump said to Xi, ‘go ahead, you’re doing exactly the right thing.’” Bolton writes. Earlier in the same passage, Bolton writes that Trump told Xi on a phone call ahead of their G20 meeting: “I miss you,” and then said, “this is totally up to you, but the most popular thing I’ve ever been involved with is making a deal with China.… Making a deal with China would be a very popular thing for me.’”

Another passage shows Trump’s racist views on immigration. Bolton describes how Trump derailed a White House meeting about Iran strategy by bringing up a right wing conspiracy that Black South Africans were killing white South African farmers and stealing their land. According to Bolton, Trump blurted out that he wanted to grant the white South Africans “asylum and citizenship.”

Earlier in the same passage, Bolton writes that Trump told Xi on a phone call ahead of their G20 meeting: “I miss you,” and then said, “this is totally up to you, but the most popular thing I’ve ever been involved with is making a deal with China.… Making a deal with China would be a very popular thing for me.’”

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

First things first.  1) Get Trump out of office.  2) Defeat all Trumpist Republicans in every office, right down to dog catcher.  3) Drive all Trumpists back under a rock.  Boycott their businesses.  Ostracize them from community activities.  Remember and say their names in public, over and over.

And never, ever forget.

If you have never scrolled down the Hollywood Blacklist of the McCarthy era, give it a look. Scrolling all the way to the bottom one can see name after name of people in that industry who were affected by the 'Red Scare.' It does not include those drummed out of government service for being suspected homosexuals. The Trump cult list of victims would be even longer. McCarthy was censured by the Senate eventually and he died relatively young. (Bit of a shame that Roy Cohn who was the prosecutor in the Rosenberg trial lived much much longer, long enough to introduce Trump to Rupert Murdoch).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hollywood_blacklist

3 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

I figure in the coming days, there will be a tweet ordering/asking for an expansion of the Supremes from 9 to 11 or whatever before November.

This may have been a possibility when the GOP controlled the House. Isn't there a law that sets the SCOTUS # at 9? The Constitution doesn't set it at 9, and the Exec branch can't unilaterally decide the # of SCOTUS justices.

2 hours ago, Pancho said:

It's been celebrated in Black communities all over the country for a long time, but I think it started as a Texas "thing" because Texas fully recognized it as a state holiday in 1980.  Also, because the papers were read in Galveston which made the whole holiday.  That's why some people thought it was a "Texas thing" when in realty is celebrated in a lot of Black communities all over the country both in the past and today. 

I got an email from Chase saying their branches will close at 1 on Friday in observance so maybe they consider it 3/5 of a holiday 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

This may have been a possibility when the GOP controlled the House. Isn't there a law that sets the SCOTUS # at 9? The Constitution doesn't set it at 9, and the Exec branch can't unilaterally decide the # of SCOTUS justices.

Bill Barr says hold my aperitif.

3 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

now, the making of a good compilation tape is a very subtle art.  many do's and don'ts.  first of all you're using someone else's poetry to express how you feel.  this is a delicate thing.

Mixtape Seduction: Creating The Perfect Mix For Every Relationship

• Like 2

There’s all these religious evangelicals who say God put Trump in office. Will they say the same thing when Biden gets in there? Is it possible God has allowed all these things happening the last 6 months to possibly bring Trump down? Be careful what you say or spin things. It could come back at you. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Brandywine said:

There’s all these religious evangelicals who say God put Trump in office. Will they say the same thing when Biden gets in there? Is it possible God has allowed all these things happening the last 6 months to possibly bring Trump down? Be careful what you say or spin things. It could come back at you. 

I don't think they're that concerned about logic or being consistent and principled. 

• Like 1

If you have never scrolled down the Hollywood Blacklist of the McCarthy era, give it a look. Scrolling all the way to the bottom one can see name after name of people in that industry who were affected by the 'Red Scare.' It does not include those drummed out of government service for being suspected homosexuals. The Trump cult list of victims would be even longer. McCarthy was censured by the Senate eventually and he died relatively young. (Bit of a shame that Roy Cohn who was the prosecutor in the Rosenberg trial lived much much longer, long enough to introduce Trump to Rupert Murdoch).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hollywood_blacklist

Roy Cohn died of AIDS and is one of the worst humans who ever plagued this planet.
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, 'stache said:

The Tulsa Theater is a few feet from the klan kampout taking place. These banners are all over town. Let it be known that many of us don't support this shit and hope they all get fucked.

Image may contain: sky, tree, car and outdoor

wait. are you saying what I think you're saying? you might wanna reread what you wrote