Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

34 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

Find some sources that agree with each other on the lines of demarcation between cohorts. My mom was born in 44 and she's as boomer as they get. My dad was born in 36. He's a greatest? No, that's not it. And why 64 for the cut off of Gen X? Why 81? Because who said so based upon what?

Based on 2 things:

1) 18 years old signalling the beginning of adulthood therefore also being the line of demarcation separating generations. 

2) the name baby boomers directly referencing the baby boom generation that began with the end of WW2 in 1945. 

The only other one that could make sense would be 21 years as that's the legal drinking age but 18 just makes more sense. Finishing grade school. Being able to vote. Being able to die in war. From a societal standpoint no other number for marking the span of a generation really makes any sense. 

16 hours ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

They buy it hook, line and sinker, btw.  I know this board is convinced he's going down, but every Fox news viewer I know (and sadly, I know a few) isn't wavering one bit from their undying support for supreme leader and will refuse to believe any "librul media lie."  And, they think they're smart, too.  That's one of the things about Fox that's really bad--just like the conspiracy theorists, the viewers think they're getting the one true source which makes them smarter than those libtards.

Dunning-Kruger effect is what you're after.  

2 minutes ago, Wanker Bob said:

Based on 2 things:

1) 18 years old signalling the beginning of adulthood therefore also being the line of demarcation separating generations. 

2) the name baby boomers directly referencing the baby boom generation that began with the end of WW2 in 1945. 

The only other one that could make sense would be 21 years as that's the legal drinking age but 18 just makes more sense. Finishing grade school. Being able to vote. Being able to die in war. From a societal standpoint no other number for marking the span of a generation really makes any sense. 

Again find me just two credible sources that agree with each other on the lines of demarcation because I've looked several times. Usually this comes out in in a discussion of voting habits. I've said and have some evidence to back it up that how we react to the president when we turn 18 defines our voting patterns for the remainder of our lives. My dad is about as Yellow Dawg Democratic a voter as you can possibly get. He's going to vote for Blue no matter who. My mom has been all over the goddamn road. She's pretty solid R now, but did vote for Carter and LBJ. Reagan was the one for Gen X, you either loved him or despised him. Bush was the one for Millennials and who do we have now? The culmination of years of feeding the Southern Strategy come to fruition. 

Really the lines don't matter much and I don't care about it, but it's a convenient way to lump folks together in groups. But, I posit that the lines are much more fuzzy than clear boundaries. The generations fade into each other rather than there is a distinct barrier between them. 

Stop. When did Gen Xers. Ever believe in trickle down economics or vote for vote for the Bushes? Gen X has a pretty firm 5-10pt Democratic preference and always has, in large part because of a rejection of what happened to our parents during the Reagan administration and the experience of losing our pensions early in our careers. Go back to MySpace, Tom. 

Tom seems triggered. Someone give him a trophy, an orange slice, and tell him he did a great job!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

The relentless mocking. The Lincoln project and similar ad campaigns. The multi-pronged social media assaults. The comedians becoming huge hits just reading his own words. All of these. They are torture to a narcissist. They are driving him mad.

Good. It’s what we have to do, continue to do, and even step up to the next level. Torture the evil fucking narcissist to death. Take him to the brink, then shove him over it. He needs to hear the crowd cursing his name in his sleep. He needs to see mocking crowds and billboards wherever he goes. There is no escape. He is hated, he is loathed, and we are everywhere. If he wants a moment’s peace, he only needs to do one thing: GTFO of our house.

Don’t let up. Don’t think he can be beaten easily. The GOP has shown that they aren’t above anything to keep power. We have to bulldoze all the fucking way past the goal line and out of the back of the end zone. Don’t just aim to win; aim to punish, aim to humiliate.

God I hate the man. And every moment of his pain and suffering - after he has cruelly inflicted so much, for the simple masturbatory pleasure of approval of the worst among us - brings me real joy. Keep it up. Visit his own cruelty upon him. Forever.

I did my part in one of yesterday’s marches here in NYC. By the time we made it from Union Square to Trump Tower we stood there and chanted FUCK TRUMP. We all know he finds out about this stuff so I am glad to help punch another hole in that shithead’s massive narcissistic ego.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

Again find me just two credible sources that agree with each other on the lines of demarcation because I've looked several times. Usually this comes out in in a discussion of voting habits. I've said and have some evidence to back it up that how we react to the president when we turn 18 defines our voting patterns for the remainder of our lives. My dad is about as Yellow Dawg Democratic a voter as you can possibly get. He's going to vote for Blue no matter who. My mom has been all over the goddamn road. She's pretty solid R now, but did vote for Carter and LBJ. Reagan was the one for Gen X, you either loved him or despised him. Bush was the one for Millennials and who do we have now? The culmination of years of feeding the Southern Strategy come to fruition. 

Really the lines don't matter much and I don't care about it, but it's a convenient way to lump folks together in groups. But, I posit that the lines are much more fuzzy than clear boundaries. The generations fade into each other rather than there is a distinct barrier between them. 

Of course it's going to be fuzzy boundaries. A millennial born in 1982 is going to have much more in common with a Gen x born in 1980 than a millennial born in 1999. 

But statistically speaking you have to have clear numerical boundaries and if the baby boom generation started in 1946 then you work up from there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Stop. When did Gen Xers. Ever believe in trickle down economics or vote for vote for the Bushes? Gen X has a pretty firm 5-10pt Democratic preference and always has, in large part because of a rejection of what happened to our parents during the Reagan administration and the experience of losing our pensions early in our careers. Go back to MySpace, Tom. 

The real truth is that the Gen Xers like you, the Millenials like me, and the Gen Zers all need to be aligned. The cancer continues to be the majority of the boomers. We’ve all suffered at various times because of those fuck sticks.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Tuco said:

Maybe, but what the fake tix sales did was completely fool the Trump campaign. Had the campaign been able to the predict the actual attendance, they would have taken steps to mitigate the optics. They would not have set up an overflow stage. They would have closed off the balcony for security reasons. They might have even restricted the capacity, claiming it was needed to reduce outbreak concerns. Instead they ran full speed into this embarrassment.

Just a matter of time, right?

ncf_e_baylor11_300x200.jpg&w=750&cqualit

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Gardner Barnes said:

Tom seems triggered. Someone give him a trophy, an orange slice, and tell him he did a great job!

I mean, if you're offering I wouldn't turn down an orange slice or two.  They're delicious.  On the other hand I personally never cared much for trophies.

If you gave a bot a million years to come up with an insulting name for a fake performing arts event to be held in Tulsa, Oklahoma...it would never come up with 

"The West Virginia Touring Company of La Traviata."  

But as it happens, I've been listening to them for years...and I think they're fabulous. 

If you gave a bot a million years to come up with an insulting name for a fake performing arts event to be held in Tulsa, Oklahoma...it would never come up with 
"The West Virginia Touring Company of La Traviata."  
But as it happens, I've been listening to them for years...and I think they're fabulous. 

They are ok. But not as good as the Pips (w/o Gladys Knight)