Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

1 hour ago, DixonHur said:

Have they removed all the printers in the US since I left in January?  And how does where a ballot is printed matter?  

I haz confused

It's the Trump Family Org (and supporting cast) method:

1. Accuse X of what you either intend to do or have already done.

2. Create alternate reality where what X is being accused of can distract, distort, or have a kernel of truth in order to create scenarios.

3. Do whatever you want.

In this case, I expect the ballots printed in Russia, etc (but most likely Russia) to be shipped stateside where ICE (fully under the thumb of the *TFO) will hand them over to Jared or the TFO new guy at the USPS, or some other personnel. Any in US will be diverted or delayed like they were in WI. 

Two ways this can go: ballots are either flooded with Trump votes (which would satiate his ego perhaps) or flooded with obvious Democratic fakery/illegals/MS-13/insert random hated group here so that the election will be declared a massive fraud (by whomever) and the Honky Boogaloo will commence.

Bill Barr is attempting to act legitimate (with concerns about mail fraud) but he is playing coy. It's all an act to gaslight the expectation that the Democrats will be crooked while the Republicans will be cooking the mail-ins.

1 hour ago, CooterBrown said:

Yep. Their goal is to get a republican candidate that can be elected in November. Don’t give them a penny.

I don’t give a shit.  The main goal needs to be dump Trump.  Too many democrats are taking that part for granted.  There’s never enough powder for this son of a bitch.  

• Like 2

Genius and spot on. What an embarrassment! Although his oversized tie is a bad look and had he just been walking without a tie and had it tucked away, not sure anyone would have noticed.

Also, normal Presidents don’t usually do daytrips half-way around the country. He’s just so fragile that he can’t do an overnight stay just anyplace.

2 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

In the EACH ACCUSATION IS A CONFESSION Bingo Game of Thrones, this morning's tweet seems quite on point. My main question is going to be whether Trump's campaign or Putin's will mess up the spelling because that, too, would be quite on point.

@Francisco 2.0 with the quick keyboard. Tip of the chapeau to you.

Would the AND OTHERS here refer to alien technologies, because he’s broken it out as this country, foreign countries AND OTHERS. Any clue what that third category might be?

3 minutes ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

Would the AND OTHERS here refer to alien technologies, because he’s broken it out as this country, foreign countries AND OTHERS. Any clue what that third category might be?

Well, it's Trump so who knows, but in an attempt to figure out the Unlogic, foreign countries would be those acting on behalf of a foreign country (such as a leader in Chi-nah) while AND OTHERS, could be any rogue agent worldwide up to and including:

George Soros

MS-13

Greta Thunberg

KPop fans

Random 75 year old Antifa member

15 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

It's the Trump Family Org (and supporting cast) method:

1. Accuse X of what you either intend to do or have already done.

2. Create alternate reality where what X is being accused of can distract, distort, or have a kernel of truth in order to create scenarios.

3. Do whatever you want.

In this case, I expect the ballots printed in Russia, etc (but most likely Russia) to be shipped stateside where ICE (fully under the thumb of the *TFO) will hand them over to Jared or the TFO new guy at the USPS, or some other personnel. Any in US will be diverted or delayed like they were in WI. 

Two ways this can go: ballots are either flooded with Trump votes (which would satiate his ego perhaps) or flooded with obvious Democratic fakery/illegals/MS-13/insert random hated group here so that the election will be declared a massive fraud (by whomever) and the Honky Boogaloo will commence.

Bill Barr is attempting to act legitimate (with concerns about mail fraud) but he is playing coy. It's all an act to gaslight the expectation that the Democrats will be crooked while the Republicans will be cooking the mail-ins.

This.  The GOP is signaling, with a fucking bright neon light, that they are going to commit fraud, suppress votes, work with foreign interference -- all the hits.  Kristol's tweet is spot-on:

You look at the polls and think "he can't win." But Trump's path to victory doesn't depend on persuading Americans. It depends on voter suppression, mass disinformation, foreign interference, and unabashed use of executive branch power to shape events, and perceptions, this fall.

This is no normal election.  Fuck, in a lot of ways, it's not an election at all.  It's asymmetrical warfare.  Treating it like a normal election is a good way to lose.

• Like 2

That rigged tweet does not surprise me at all but I must say I didn't expect it in June. Goes to show he's realized he is going to lose. Now we have to brace ourselves for him doing something crazy to change the tide.

3 minutes ago, thepop said:

That rigged tweet does not surprise me at all but I must say I didn't expect it in June. Goes to show he's realized he is going to lose. Now we have to brace ourselves for him doing something crazy to change the tide.

Bomb, bomb, bomb.  Bomb, bomb Iran.

2 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

This is exactly it.  Voter suppression will be, actually already is, very blatant and right out in the open.
 Republican run states are already saying, yeah we’re going to screw you over, and what are you going to do about it.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, DigDug said:

This is exactly it.  Voter suppression will be, actually already is, very blatant and right out in the open.
 Republican run states are already saying, yeah we’re going to screw you over, and what are you going to do about it.

I guess thats the silver lining.  If it stays largely in red states, it shouldn't really impact things wrt the electoral college.  Red state was going to be red anyway.  Its the purple and blue states that we have to pay attention to.  

42 minutes ago, DigDug said:

Serious question: what do we do to stop this from happening? Are there organizations fighting this battle right now which need support?

• Like 1

I think this will be a repeat of Florida 2000, with more states involved.  Should he lose, Biden will surely bring a case if there is clear voter suppression going on.  Imagine the Kentucky primary writ large:  1 polling location per county.  It's obviously a perversion of our voting process.  Whether it's "legal" is another thing entirely.  

I do admit that Roberts and Gorsuch have actually given me a small amount of hope with regards to their legal reasoning in spite of their sociopolitical leanings.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LurkingHorn said:

Serious question: what do we do to stop this from happening? Are there organizations fighting this battle right now which need support?

IANAL, but I dont know that there is any way to fight it since its largely up to the states on how they handle elections.  Short of congress passing a law, I think the only path is:

To fight voter suppression you have to start with your state legislature.  

To fix the legislature you have to fix gerrymandering.

To fix gerrymandering you have to fix your legislature.  

???

Profit

• Like 1

I’ve ‘heard’ the republicans have the Dems outnumbered and are better organized, when it comes to lawyers. They’re set up in key counties, in swing states and ready to clog the courts 

we all know minority areas will ask for extended voting hours. I’d expect the Republicans will fight that ?

the real fight will be over counting / throwing out votes 

Edited by tx 3 putt

17 minutes ago, TXSG8R said:

IANAL, but I dont know that there is any way to fight it since its largely up to the states on how they handle elections.  Short of congress passing a law, I think the only path is:

To fight voter suppression you have to start with your state legislature.  

To fix the legislature you have to fix gerrymandering.

To fix gerrymandering you have to fix your legislature.  

???

Profit

The first step will be a new and improved Voting Rights Act, but that will take the Dems controlling all 3 branches.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, thepop said:

This hasn’t been getting enough attention.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

This.  The GOP is signaling, with a fucking bright neon light, that they are going to commit fraud, suppress votes, work with foreign interference -- all the hits.  Kristol's tweet is spot-on:

This is no normal election.  Fuck, in a lot of ways, it's not an election at all.  It's asymmetrical warfare.  Treating it like a normal election is a good way to lose.

Exactly.  And people act like I'm crazy for thinking they're going to steal the damned thing.  They're absolutely going to try.  

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I think this will be a repeat of Florida 2000, with more states involved.  Should he lose, Biden will surely bring a case if there is clear voter suppression going on.  Imagine the Kentucky primary writ large:  1 polling location per county.  It's obviously a perversion of our voting process.  Whether it's "legal" is another thing entirely.  

I do admit that Roberts and Gorsuch have actually given me a small amount of hope with regards to their legal reasoning in spite of their sociopolitical leanings.

I dunno about Gorsuch, but if the election is remotely close Roberts won’t save us. Suppressing the minority vote has been his lifelong project. He fucking loves it. He didn’t declare racism over just so he could turn around not even ten years later and say he fucked up.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, kevwun said:

The first step will be a new and improved Voting Rights Act, but that will take the Dems controlling all 3 branches.

This probably also requires packing the Court. A new VRA won’t get past Roberts if he has anything to say about it. 

15 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Treating it like a normal election is a good way to lose.

I, for one, am not. I actively participated on the local and state level. I want that embarrassment out of The White House.

Edited by RPM

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

I agree 100% with these points.  And I think everyone needs to start thinking about what the fuck they are willing to do about it.  If all checks and balances have failed and elections are a sham, there's only one way left to rectify things, and it is not with angst ridden political posts on a college football message board.

1 minute ago, Goredho said:

I agree 100% with these points.  And I think everyone needs to start thinking about what the fuck they are willing to do about it.  If all checks and balances have failed and elections are a sham, there's only one way left to rectify things, and it is not with angst ridden political posts on a college football message board.

No, it's not.

The fact that the topic even merits discussion is discouraging as hell.

If we the people have to fight to retake the government, then the Republic is already lost.

• Like 1

Correct, if it happens, you'll find me on the expat thread.

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, Goredho said:

Meet you in the streets marching on DC?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

That is indeed the scary part.  But it would rely upon competence it would seem.  In 2016, things just seemed to fall in line without much assistance from Trumpco.  Can they "force" it this time?

9 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

cocksucker

One conundrum about this is that there isn't much evidence that Trump or anyone else in the executive branch did anything to control C-19 testing at all.  For better or for worse.

Him "slowing it down" implies that he had something to do with "speeding it up," and I see no evidence of that.

11 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

cocksucker

he’s such a fucking moron. nobody cares about the number of cases, positive cases, sniffles, asymptomatic, mild, severe, positive/negative rate - they care about the fucking deaths. testing doesn’t affect that, you imbecile. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

That is indeed the scary part.  But it would rely upon competence it would seem.  In 2016, things just seemed to fall in line without much assistance from Trumpco.  Can they "force" it this time?

The only thing I take solace in is that so far, trump seems to draw the most incompetent people into his orbit. They can't even fire prosecutors that are investigating them correctly. 

17 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

No, it's not.

The fact that the topic even merits discussion is discouraging as hell.

If we the people have to fight to retake the government, then the Republic is already lost.

16 minutes ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

Correct, if it happens, you'll find me on the expat thread.

Well the Republic was born from bloodshed.  It survived the blood of our first civil war.  Maybe it can be reborn rather than perish.  There are certainly no guarantees.

The other option as discussed is to check out, become an expat and leave America to its self-immolation.  It's the best option personally for those with the means.  But I'm not sure anywhere is safe in a world where the US has fallen to Russia and China's level of democracy, rule of law and human rights.  My guess is that you are likely only avoiding the problem temporarily.  What we see in the US is part of a global movement, and I doubt the forces within it that will have been capable of tearing down the US from within will stop there.  Tearing down the US is just likely the beginning -- neutralizing the entity that was in the best position to prevent bringing the world to heel.

You might the rest of your lifetime to sip margaritas in Ecuador.  Maybe.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Goredho said:

Well the Republic was born from bloodshed.  It survived the blood of our first civil war.  Maybe it can be reborn rather than perish.  There are certainly no guarantees.

The other option as discussed is to check out, become an expat and leave America to its self-immolation.  It's the best option personally for those with the means.  But I'm not sure anywhere is safe in a world where the US has fallen to Russia and China's level of democracy, rule of law and human rights.  My guess is that you are likely only avoiding the problem temporarily.  What we see in the US is part of a global movement, and I doubt the forces within it that will have been capable of tearing down the US from within will stop there.  Tearing down the US is just likely the beginning -- neutralizing the entity that was in the best position to prevent bringing the world to heel.

Grim, but prescient and, I fear, accurate analysis.

• Like 1

This.  While it sounds nice to run away, holding the line here in the US is likely our last, best hope.  If we surrender our position on the globe -- and we're running at breakneck speed to do so -- then what fills the void will not be pretty, for us or anyone else.

We are on the brink of becoming the kind of world that couldn't help but fall into a WWI and then a WWII.  This decade is where liberal democracy -- the concept that largely kept the peace and paved the way for unprecedented prosperity for 75 years -- makes its stand.  And yes, the inherent flaws of liberal democracy helped bring this moment about -- there are weaknesses that were there to be exploited.  But now, the fight is an existential one.  

There are people who don't think it is as serious as making our stand in the fight for everything right now.  They are wrong.  That is absolutely what is at stake.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Goredho said:

Could be.  And 30 year old me would be ready to fight.  48 year old me is too fucking tired.  Though I suspect if it comes to civil war, that's as good as self immolation from the perspective of China and Russia.  You think they are going to put their plans on pause to wait to see how it turns out?  I don't.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Goredho said:

All this bunker talk has me giddy for suicide.

Fun fact - Robert Altman made about $70K directing MASH, and his son made millions in Royalties for writing the lyrics to "Suicide is Painless". Robert Altman gave him the job because he was 14 and his Dad couldn't write stupid enough lyrics. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

I dunno about Gorsuch, but if the election is remotely close Roberts won’t save us. Suppressing the minority vote has been his lifelong project. He fucking loves it. He didn’t declare racism over just so he could turn around not even ten years later and say he fucked up.

I agree, Roberts has proven he’s no fan of voters rights, especially non white voters

the Dems need to win be a comfortable margin or this country is screwed