Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

58 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Good point. I hadn't considered that. The pharmacy at the nearest CVS to me has had a sign up for weeks that says, "Do [sic] to the virus outbreak face masks are out of stock." There's something backward about that message beyond the spelling error. Due to the virus outbreak, protective gear should be in abundant supply by now if we had competent leadership in Washington. But it does make you wonder how a liquor store has N95 masks while the CVS Pharmacy doesn't. 

GNC is selling N95 masks, but I they're probably fake.

34 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I have no idea.  I'm just saying if there IS a fight, I'm in it.

I do think massive civil unrest would at least give military leaders pause.  They are sworn to uphold the Constitution, not a banana republic.  It could easily turn out that Americans just fold and accept their fate, but I have a greater than 0% belief that would not happen.  There are so many things that have to play out between now and then, though, it's completely hypothetical at this point.  I'm just not willing to say I'll accept an election result in the chance it is blindingly obvious the outcome was manipulated.  If we're not hypothetically willing to stand up at that point, then what good is the Republic in the first place?

#teamrebel here. I bought an AR the day after Trump won the election because I thought that those idiots who voted Trump owned the majority of assault rifles and they'd be happy to use it with the Presidents backing. I hate that I feel I have to buy one but who knows where this goes. But I'll be damned if some fascists are going to take over. 

41 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Yeah and if they can jet off to Tulsa to address a 1/3 full arena, then they can also go out and VOTE.  Heck that's at least 3 votes less by mail.  Trump, Pence, and McEnany were all there.  Add in Mother and Melania and that's two less votes by mail.  Wait...does Melania vote?

Why?  Results don't start coming in until Tuesday evening.  Also, I don't think we will actually have a decent idea of the results until at least that weekend.
Personally, I'll spend Tuesday doing whatever I can for GOTV actions, then Bourbon Tuesday evening. Wednesday maybe watch the world burn.

Would not be surprised if Trump and his acolyte governors post police, national guardsmen and maybe a smattering of federal troops at polling stations to "quell potential protesting and riots". See a group of black people (at polling station), detain and question their motives, release after polling stations are closed.

Would not be surprised at all.

A thought that passed through my buzzed mind on Saturday night...

If bunker boy's rallies are open seating, wouldn't it be hilarious for tik tok kids and K-pop fans to take it one step further and crash the rally, then boo him throughout the speech? #CrashtheRally You heard it here first.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Superhero said:

A thought that passed through my buzzed mind on Saturday night...

If bunker boy's rallies are open seating, wouldn't it be hilarious for tik tok kids and K-pop fans to take it one step further and crash the rally, then boo him throughout the speech? #CrashtheRally You heard it here first.

I don't think there's enough 12-18 year olds that are living in the rally towns (or willing to drive to one) capable of getting into the rally to boo Trump, dude. 

One conundrum about this is that there isn't much evidence that Trump or anyone else in the executive branch did anything to control C-19 testing at all.  For better or for worse.
Him "slowing it down" implies that he had something to do with "speeding it up," and I see no evidence of that.

About that.......

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Tomorrow could get interesting when Trump is in Phoenix.

Statement from the mayor -

34d8cef21d3d0cedc99baaca77db6f19.jpg

“This includes the President.”

Great.  Now he's going to go on for 20 minutes at his rally about how masks are fake news, the virus is a hoax, and nobody should wear one.  Shit, he may even talk about BANNING masks.

I'm not exaggerating when I say that while it may have felt good to smart off to the president about this, the mayor of Phoenix just set in motion a chain of events that will kill many more people than otherwise would have died.

51 minutes ago, Superhero said:

Would not be surprised if Trump and his acolyte governors post police, national guardsmen and maybe a smattering of federal troops at polling stations to "quell potential protesting and riots". See a group of black people (at polling station), detain and question their motives, release after polling stations are closed.

Would not be surprised at all.

I think now is the time for "moderate" types to just take a calm approach to this whole thing going forward.  One needs to realize that this scum President is capable of anything, but I think  its important to throw out the vibe of expecting a calm, competent transfer to the new administration.  I think the only thing that can really harm Biden is the idea that all Dems are panicking, or laughingly overconfident, or expecting illegal voting moves, or swinging too far left, etc.  I'm happy with the comedians embarrassing Trump, but I'm going to laugh silently.  More importantly, we need to lower our heads, make sure everyone who can vote against Trump and the Republicans votes, get those votes out,  but otherwise get ready to have more adults in office.  And give off that vibe.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

https://www-cbsnews-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/trump-eric-beach-3m-masks/?amp_js_v=a3&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQFKAGwASA%3D#app

The best people. Huge Trump donor and co-founder of a pro-Trump PAC set up a medical supply company intending to price gouge 3M N95 masks.

From that article:

According to a document from Colt's partners, they were offering masks for up to $2.20 each, which is a markup of 93 cents above 3M's list price. The group was also seeking a 10% commission on the final sale.

From another article about mask purchasing in California:

Newsom announced the contract last month to fanfare, saying California had inked a nearly $1 billion deal for 200 million protective masks per month amid the coronavirus pandemic. Most were set to be tight-fitting N-95 respirator masks, while the rest would be looser-fitting surgical masks. Millions of the surgical masks already arrived, but the company missed an April 30 deadline outlined in the contract for certification of the N95 masks by the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health.

The respirator masks were set to start arriving this month, with tens of millions planned for shipment in May. The governor’s office provided no details on what caused the certification delay.

The $247 million is half of an up-front payment the state made for the contract in April in an unusual move of making a payment before goods were delivered. The state could've clawed back all of its up-front payment under the original agreement, but an amendment signed Wednesday gives the company another month to meet the certification. If the masks aren't certified by May 31, California can get the rest of the payment back in early June.

The state paid $3.30 per N95 and 55 cents per surgical mask under the contract. The state made a seperate $104.7 million payment last week for the delivery of the surgical masks.

12 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

"the city does not permit political events."

That's a pretty stupid sentence. I assume they meant "the city does not issue permits for political events held on private property" or "city permits are not required for political events held on private property

Edited by 'stache

6 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

Nah it’s cool.

I don't understand. I presume it takes ten minutes of an empty room/church circulating air through these machines to kill the virus, but people will still be breathing/talking/coughing/spiting COVID out of their bodies, meaning that there is always active viral particles in the air that aren't immediately being filtered. Do I have that right? This sounds v bogus.

• Like 2

That's a pretty stupid sentence. I assume they meant "the city does not issue permits for political events held on private property" or "city permits are not required for political events held on private property

I assume he’s referring to a ban on political events due to coronavirus not in general.

14 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

Nah it’s cool.

Again I tell you, It is easier for a virus to pass through the eye of a needle than it is for a not-really rich man to enter the Kingdom of  God.

Edited by Lobo

Yes, it will clean the room in 10 minutes after everyone leaves the event.  But there will be virus particles floating in the air through out the entire rally if there are infected people in attendance.

Edited by kevwun

24 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Eewww the makeup on his collar!

b5abc91ef4a3bac8fbecbd007fb9aecc.jpg
eaeec519b76f2cfff2e2f3d93c447168.jpg

Can a man's goiter have spotting once a month?  I mean it was a New Moon the night of the rally.  Does it synch up with Barr & Pompeo's goiter spotting when they've been together for awhile?  

Edited by Lobo

Just now, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

stache has to be right on the interpretation of that sentence.  "permit" there must mean "has a process for issuing a permit"

I'm 99% certain that's correct.  The City does not issue or deny permits for political events -- they occur outside the permitting process.