Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

8 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

and yet everyone seems to be giving the fact that this is being held at a "church" a pass

That ship sailed some time ago.  We will eventually need to locate that ship and bring it back into the harbor, but right now we need to focus our attention on the 10 ships in the harbor that are currently on fire.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

lol

I don't think that's true.  One of the non-Fox News channels I was watching showed him in the arena, checking out the "crowd."  He was wearing a mask so maybe they were wrong.

2 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

Two more positive Trump staffers who ATTENDED THE RALLY LOL

But maybe there's hope...very few Trumpers were wearing masks, so maybe Parscale was one of them.

11 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

The waiver for tomorrow’s coronapalooza.

Seems like an awesome way to invalidate the waiver.  "I signed the waiver, but because the church lied to me and told me they were killing 99% of Covid germs.  I never would have signed that had I been told the truth."

3 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

If he has another low turnout in Phoenix, this shows me that his cult members KNOW they are full of shit and just trying to be contrarian assholes.  When it gets down to brass tacks they aren't willing to put themselves out there in the Covid sea.

It's at a fake christian church. They will pack that place.

• Like 2

Just now, 'stache said:

It's at a fake christian church. They will pack that place.

Yep.  This is all about Trump's ego.  Pick a smaller venue.  Have direct messaging to a demographic that will show up.  And they're evangelicals -- they will fellate him ad nauseum.  It's just what he needs as a pick-me-up.

By the way, it's also exhibit #eleventy billion why American "Christianity" is pure shit.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Yep.  This is all about Trump's ego.  Pick a smaller venue.  Have direct messaging to a demographic that will show up.  And they're evangelicals -- they will fellate him ad nauseum.  It's just what he needs as a pick-me-up.

By the way, it's also exhibit #eleventy billion why American "Christianity" is pure shit.

Check out this cast of characters: https://dreamcitychurch.us/about-us/our-team/

Noticed they also have a Dream City College side scam to soak up those sweet, sweet government  financial aid loans. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Check out this cast of characters: https://dreamcitychurch.us/about-us/our-team/

Noticed they also have a Dream City College side scam to soak up those sweet, sweet government  financial aid loans. 

It's upsetting how accurate Righteous Gemstones is to real-life megachurches. All about the dolla dolla bills, yall

• Like 2

Wiki says their weekly attendance is 22,500 but that isn't capacity. If I locate the capacity, I'll edit.

Local paper says it holds about 3000 people. They are supposedly partnered with Turning Point USA and Students for Trump but how can a church do that exactly? Stay out of politics if you preach, people.

Edited by Mrs Whiggins
Edit
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

That ship sailed some time ago.  We will eventually need to locate that ship and bring it back into the harbor, but right now we need to focus our attention on the 10 ships in the harbor that are currently on fire.

Did someone say ship?

Spoiler

2108918700_AATrumpCruiseCloseUp.jpg.7ab731429aa3a6dbb9137c7a708bd777.jpg

Spoiler

1860437642_AATrumpCruiseMedCU.thumb.jpg.edad456ad16c9fd875ad8b36795b71b6.jpg

Spoiler

1753312676_TrumpCageWide.thumb.jpg.693e83d1254e4ed6084bc7ff1c3df1a0.jpg

Edited by RomaVicta

11 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Wiki says their weekly attendance is 22,500 but that isn't capacity. If I locate the capacity, I'll edit.

Local paper says it holds about 3000 people. They are supposedly partnered with Turning Point USA and Students for Trump but how can a church do that exactly? Stay out of politics if you preach, people.

AZCentral said Turning Point is expecting 3K Trumpjugend. I’m sure that clown Charlie Kirk will whip them into a frenzy.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/border-wall-progress-whats-been-built-so-far

One of President Trump’s central 2016 campaign promises was to build a wall at the southern border. That effort is now well underway, with his administration aiming to have completed 450 miles by the end of 2020.

As of the mid-April, 156 miles of new primary and secondary border wall have been built since January 2017.

Of that, 140 miles of new wall in place of what CBP calls dilapidated or outdated designs. Two miles have been built where no barriers previously existed. Meanwhile, 11 miles of a secondary system were constructed in place of old designs, and five miles where none previously existed.

So basically 2 miles of primary barriers that didn't exist prior to 2016. Of course my source here is the liberal MSM, so I will keep my mind open until I hear what OAN has to say about it. 

• Like 1

Aryan-Wallwork.jpg

This asshole's name is 'Aryan'.  Seriously, you can't make this shit up.

Not only is his first name Aryan, but his surname is Wallwork.

I shit you not, Aryan Wallwork. No way in hell dotard will be able to lay off of that when he starts trying to whip the crowd into a frenzy to “build that wall”.

I admit I tuned in about half way to hear the bat shit insane shit he was going to spew. Was pleasantly surprised only fox news had it on. Watched some of the coverage outside the event earlier, but then you know dinner and kids bath times took priority over that shit show. Probably gave it 30 minutes before changing the channel since he was just rambling on and on. I’d bet a lot of people who won’t vote for him turned it on at some point to see how it was going. 

For anyone wondering what our election will look like in November, please go watch the last 6 episodes of Narcos Mexico, it will look exactly like that where they burn the ballots, have their people change the voting #s and intimidate people. They only have to do it to key counties in Florida, Michigan, Penn and Ohio to guarantee a win, not nation wide campaign.

6 minutes ago, Covri said:

I admit I tuned in about half way to hear the bat shit insane shit he was going to spew. Was pleasantly surprised only fox news had it on. Watched some of the coverage outside the event earlier, but then you know dinner and kids bath times took priority over that shit show. Probably gave it 30 minutes before changing the channel since he was just rambling on and on. I’d bet a lot of people who won’t vote for him turned it on at some point to see how it was going. 

My sister, who didn't vote for him in 2016 and has no intentions of doing so in 2020, watched it (she had never seen a Trump rally, and wanted to).  She's also not in his demographic; holding dual Bachelor's in Chemistry and Physics, along with a Masters in Chemistry. Here's her texts to me, in chronological order:

Anxious to see real pics from inside once it starts...not carefully staged angles that we see on tv that make his venues look packed. 

Flipping between news networks. Fox hasn’t even shown ANY rally footage. Other networks are all but laughing at the turnout. 

Are you watching the speech? He’s spent 15 minutes explaining his walk down the ramp at West Point. 

I was genuinely interested to hear an entire rally speech. Trying to be as unbiased as possible when I say there has been absolutely nothing of substance. He’s spent over 30 minutes telling random stories about pointless bullshit. Truly. 

How Air Force one has a lot of tvs (even in closets) because of him. 

She finally tuned out after that.

Edited by Francisco 2.0

I am increasingly convinced that the Lincoln Project has some psychologists on staff and they're purposefully triggering Trump to force him to do stupider and stupider shit.

And, I mean, that's probably bad for the country in the short term, given that he has the nuclear codes and everything.  But it's probably great as an electoral-politics play.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Gengs1 said:

For anyone wondering what our election will look like in November, please go watch the last 6 episodes of Narcos Mexico, it will look exactly like that where they burn the ballots, have their people change the voting #s and intimidate people. They only have to do it to key counties in Florida, Michigan, Penn and Ohio to guarantee a win, not nation wide campaign.

Or the end of The Plot Against America. 

20 minutes ago, Gengs1 said:

Hmm. I wonder if his unofficial 2nd amendment militia go out with arms to polling places on Election Day.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-increasingly-preoccupied-with-defending-his-physical-and-mental-health/2020/06/22/c7e0a95c-b3ed-11ea-9b0f-c797548c1154_story.html?utm_campaign=wp_main&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

The early June meeting in the Cabinet Room was intended as a general update on President Trump’s reelection campaign, but the president had other topics on his mind.

Trump had taken a cognitive screening test as part of his 2018 physical, and now, more than two years later, he brought up the 10-minute exam. He waxed on about how he’d dazzled the proctors with his stellar performance, according to two people familiar with his comments. He walked the room of about two dozen White House and reelection officials through some of the questions he said he’d aced, such as being able to repeat five words in order.

At the time, the Montreal Cognitive Assessment — which includes animal pictures and other simple queries aimed at detecting mild cognitive impairment such as dementia — was intended to quell questions about Trump’s mental fitness. But in recalling it, Trump said he thought presumptive Democratic nominee Joe Biden would never be able to pass it and suggested challenging him to take the test, said the people familiar with Trump’s comments, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to share private details.

The seeming non sequitur was part of Trump’s growing preoccupation in recent weeks over perceptions of his mental and physical health, at a time when critics have mocked him for episodes in which they say he has appeared frail or confused. The attacks Trump has previously levied against Biden — dismissing the former vice president as “Sleepy Joe,” secreted away in his basement and enfeebled — have boomeranged back on him, as opponents have seized on Trump’s own missteps to raise concerns.

Spoiler

Another sign of Trump’s unease came Saturday night in Tulsa, when the president devoted more than 14 minutes to regaling a campaign rally crowd with the tale of “the ramp and the water.” Eager to dismiss questions about his fitness after he struggled with a glass of water and walked unsteadily down a ramp following his June 13 commencement address at the U.S. Military Academy at West Point, Trump offered a revisionist history.

The ramp on that sunny day, Trump asserted, was as slippery as “an ice-skating rink.” But he “ran down” it nonetheless, he claimed, despite video evidence showing him shuffling down the incline haltingly. As for the water, Trump said, he used two hands to drink because he didn’t want to spill on his expensive silk tie.

“Anyway, that’s a long story, but here’s the story,” the president said, finally winding down. “I’ve lived with the ramp and the water since I left West Point.”

He had previously obsessed about the episode to aides in private and during a Wall Street Journal interview, when he brought the incident up unprompted and offered to produce the leather-bottom shoes he had been wearing that day, which he said were “not good” for ramps.

“In the middle of the worst economy in a century and with more than a hundred thousand Americans dead this guy is primarily concerned with not looking weak,” said Sen. Brian Schatz (D-Hawaii), referring to the death toll from the coronaviruspandemic. “And his endless, bottomless insecurity was onstage, in three dimensions, during that storytelling moment, for everyone to see. I’ve seen a lot of crazy things in the last four years but that display of juvenile behavior and self-regard will go in the Trump time capsule.”

In recent weeks, Trump has fixated on Biden’s physical and mental acuity, aides said, casting about for ways to attack his Democratic rival and stewing over media coverage that he believes makes him look weak or feeble.

Last week, Trump and his campaign team lobbied the presidential debate commission to have four debates, because they believe Biden will look weaker and will make more mistakes than Trump on the debate stage.

The president has encouraged advisers to attack Biden over his mental acuity, White House officials said, but some worry that doing so too aggressively could backfire and hurt him among senior citizens.

“For someone so obsessed with appearing strong, Donald Trump shows us every day just how weak he is,” Biden press secretary TJ Ducklo said in a statement Monday. “ … Donald Trump doesn’t care about the health or economic prosperity of the American people. He only cares about himself.”

Trump is attuned to any portrayal of him as weak. He was furious earlier this month after news leaked that he and his family were rushed to a secure underground bunker as protesters converged on the White House in the wake of the death of George Floyd, an unarmed black man killed in Minneapolis police custody. He initially falsely claimed that he had simply visited the bunker to inspect it.

Trump has also refused to wear a mask during the coronavirus pandemic, despite his own government’s guidelines, and has regularly suggested that Biden and others who wear them are showing weakness or fear.

Flying to Tulsa on Air Force One Saturday, the president was fuming to aides about the small crowd size of his rally — about 6,000 people in a 19,000-seat arena — another form of weakness in his mind.

Trump’s critics have seized on his agita, taking every opportunity to needle him publicly. Last week, the Lincoln Project, an anti-Trump Republican group, launched a new 45-second ad that begins, “Something’s wrong with Donald Trump.”

“He’s shaky, weak, trouble speaking, trouble walking,” the narrator continues as grainy images flash by, including of Trump at West Point. “The most powerful office in the world needs more than a weak, unfit, shaky president.”

Less than 24-hours after the Tulsa rally, the group pushed out another video, mocking his smaller-than-expected turnout, and hitting similar themes: “Sad, weak, low-energy,” says the narrator. “Just like your presidency, just like you.”

Mike Murphy, a vocal Trump critic who is now a strategic adviser to Republican Voters Against Trump, said Trump’s obsession with never seeming weak belies a deeper insecurity, making this particular line of attack particularly devastating.

“And now the strong guy — the strength image — is melting and we found out how weak and needy he is,” Murphy said. “If it’s ‘Sleepy Joe,’ we have ‘Weak, Needy Donald’ and that is his kryptonite.”

The Trump campaign, meanwhile, has been running a similar playbook against Biden. The campaign released an ad last week called “Fortitude” that mocked some of Biden’s missteps.

“Joe Biden is slipping . . . Biden is clearly diminished,” the narrator says, against the backdrop of Biden seeming to stumble through remarks. “Joe Biden does not have the strength, the stamina and mental fortitude required to lead this country.”

White House spokeswoman Sarah Matthews rejected the idea that Trump shares any of the physical or mental weaknesses that he accuses Biden of possessing.

“I challenge anyone who absurdly questions this president’s health to spend one day trying to keep up with his rigorous schedule,” Matthews said in an email statement. “This president never stops — whether it’s working early in the morning or late into the evening.”

Doug Heye, a Republican strategist, said the challenge for the Trump team now is that they “always put themselves into this everything is the biggest ever, the greatest ever” box, making it difficult for Trump to countenance even the slight hint of weakness on his part. “What we’re seeing over the past few weeks is really the issue of what gets under his skin.”

Heye said that while he didn’t think the initial coverage of the West Point ramp or water drinking was particularly problematic, the president clearly did. “He has been rattled by the reaction to it, and it’s because it speaks to that issue of strength,” Heye said.

Reaching under his lectern in Tulsa during his reenactment episode Saturday, the president pulled out a glass of water and brought it to his lips with one hand, raising it to the crowd between sips as if toasting an achievement. Then he tossed it away to his side as his supporters roared with delight.

“Trump! Trump!” the crowded chanted in response. “Four more years! Four more years!”

• Haha 1

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020/06/after-tulsa-parscale-and-kushner-on-trumps-hit-list

Donald Trump’s exhausted trudge from Marine One toward the White House after his botched rally in Tulsa, his red tie undone, a grim look on his face, a crumpled MAGA hat in his hand, is now an iconic image of his presidency. And as always with Trump, he’s already looking for someone to blame. The most obvious candidate, according to sources, is his embattled campaign manager, Brad Parscale. “Brad really shit the bed Saturday night. You have to remember, execution is 95% of presidential politics,” a Republican close to the White House told me over the weekend. Parscale committed a cascade of errors, from overhyping expected turnout to blaming the half-filled arena on protesters. Trump was so furious when he saw how thin the crowd was that he threatened to not go onstage, two sources briefed on the discussions told me. The sources said that Parscale, reading the tea leaves, is planning to step down. “He knows he can’t survive,” one source told me.

Jason Miller, a senior adviser to the Trump campaign, said Parscale is safe. “Brad is the campaign manager, and he’s the one in charge,” Miller said.

But one thing is for sure: The blame game has shifted into high gear. Trump insiders told me Trump was presented with five options of where to hold his rally. “The president chose Tulsa,” a source said. Sources also told me that if Parscale is forced out, he likely won’t be the only casualty of the rally fiasco. Trump is debating revoking his son-in-law Jared Kushner’s control over the campaign, sources said. As I previously reported, Trump has been frustrated with Kushner’s oversight of the campaign in light of polling that consistently shows Trump losing to Joe Biden. Another source of friction has been campaign spending and reports Trump has gotten that Parscale is making millions of dollars. “Did Jared allow this?” Trump asked advisers recently, according to a source. (Kushner declined to comment.)

One way to measure Kushner’s diminished influence will be found in whom Trump would choose to replace Parscale. Top candidates include 2016 veterans Miller, David Bossie, and Corey Lewandowski, all of whom Kushner successfully kept on the outer fringe of Trumpworld. “We can’t allow Jared’s stupid disagreements to get in the way,” Trump recently told advisers, according to a source briefed on the conversation.

Other Trump insiders are skeptical that Lewandowski would be put in charge of such a vast operation. “Corey was great when it was just Trump and an airplane. But let’s face it, he couldn’t manage a 7-Eleven,” a person close to Trump said. “The serious operation will be run by serious people.”

The Tulsa debacle takes on added resonance given that a return to rallies is central to Trump’s reelection strategy. With COVID cases spiking across Trump country, it’s unlikely that Trump will be able to pack an arena anytime soon. Deprived of the oxygen his legions of fans provide, Trump is struggling to fight political wars on multiple fronts. He’s also lost the attack line that Biden is too old for the job. “There is something off about Trump,” a West Wing official told a top Republican a few days after Trump shakily descended the ramp at West Point. “He doesn’t have the stamina.”

But Miller said the campaign is actively planning for another rally. “We are eager to get President Trump back out on the road again in front of voters. The energy and enthusiasm is all with Trump.”

27 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

I am increasingly convinced that the Lincoln Project has some psychologists on staff and they're purposefully triggering Trump to force him to do stupider and stupider shit.

And, I mean, that's probably bad for the country in the short term, given that he has the nuclear codes and everything.  But it's probably great as an electoral-politics play.

They're doing what the Dems failed to do in 2016 and for the last four years. Even disaffected Republicans are still just insanely more effective at marketing than the Democratic party is.

• Like 3