Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

31 minutes ago, bolverk said:

The Dakotas just piss me off. Why do we gotta have two of 'em? I mean, a North Dakota AND South Dakota.

Combined, the two states had an estimated population of 1,646,721 people in 2019 and have FOUR US Senators. The Austin MSA had 2,227,083, and we're barely represented in the House because of fucked up gerrymandering.

Like I said, the Dakotas just piss me off. Sorry for the rant.

great, thanks for reminding me about another thing that pisses me off

Just what i needed!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bolverk said:

The Dakotas just piss me off. Why do we gotta have two of 'em? I mean, a North Dakota AND South Dakota.

Combined, the two states had an estimated population of 1,646,721 people in 2019 and have FOUR US Senators. The Austin MSA had 2,227,083, and we're barely represented in the House because of fucked up gerrymandering.

Like I said, the Dakotas just piss me off. Sorry for the rant.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Actually, I don't think the Bible was upside down, unless this is Fake News Photo.  Spine on the left, ribbon out the bottom.  Apparently he flipped his grip around, though, which is bizarre.

gettyimages-1216826639.jpg

Trump commits 'idolatry' with bible stunt, says ex-Anglican leader ...

In an administration full of wtf moments and bizarre happenings, this has to be near the top.  

57 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Actually, I don't think the Bible was upside down, unless this is Fake News Photo.  Spine on the left, ribbon out the bottom.  Apparently he flipped his grip around, though, which is bizarre.

Trump commits 'idolatry' with bible stunt, says ex-Anglican leader ...

A lot of directors do stuff like this.  Scorsese put all those X's in scenes behind people that were about to die in The Departed.  Similar clever foreshadowing in this scene, with the very last word of the sign behind the president here. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Pancho said:

Yeah, that ain't true. Like all arenas, the lower bowl is less than half the capacity. The photos clearly show a some in the upper deck which might get you to half capacity. That would be 8,000. I could believe 10,000. Regardless, that's an embarassment when they expected tens of thousands of overflow in the street.

4 hours ago, Wiler77 said:

You get that off Facebook?

Literally the first result from googling "Maine lobster history"

one of the oldest continuously operated industries in North America

https://www.climate.gov/news-features/climate-and/climate-lobsters

Perhaps I should have said, "20 years ago, Maine's lobster industry was much smaller than today."

Mea culpa.

from the link:

the lobster on your plate is coming from a different location than it did just 20 years ago. Warming sea surface temperatures from climate change are forcing populations of the American lobster (Homarus americanus) to higher latitudes than ever before—and upending fishing communities on the New England coast. 

The lobster industry in New York and southern New England has nearly collapsed. From 1996 to 2014, New York’s registered lobster landings dropped 97.7%—from 9.4 million pounds in 1996 (the state’s most profitable year) to 215,980 pounds in 2014 (the latest data available). The story is much the same in Connecticut, where landings fell 96.6% from the most profitable year, and in Rhode Island, which saw a 70.3% drop from its most profitable year.

While southern New England lobstermen have found increasingly empty traps since the mid-90s, Maine’s lobster fishery has boomed. From 1994 to 2014, Maine’s landings surged 219% to more than 124 million pounds. 

Anyway, point is, Maine lobster fishermen are doing fine. For now.

35 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

Just yesterday...7 main testing sites in Texas will be defunded.

https://www.businessinsider.com/us-coronavirus-test-sites-ending-funding-5-states-2020-6

The federal government is ending funding for coronavirus test sites in 5 states as Trump claims the US is testing too much

Jun 24, 2020, 9:44 AM

coronavirus testing texas
Pvt. 1st Class Armon Ramirez from the Texas National Guard being given hand sanitizer after testing people for COVID-19 in the parking lot of Memorial Swimming Pool on May 18 in El Paso, Texas.  Paul Ratje/AFP via Getty Images
  • The federal government plans to end funding and support for 13 coronavirus testing sites in five states on June 30, Talking Points Memo and CNN reported.
  • The decision could hurt Texas especially badly. The state has seven of those testing sites and this week saw a record daily spike in new cases.
  • President Donald Trump has stood by remarks that he wants to slow down testing, arguing that widespread testing makes the US outbreak seem worse than those in other countries.
  • Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.

The US federal government plans to stop funding and support for 13 coronavirus testing sites in five states on June 30, according to reports from Talking Points Memo and CNN.

The 13 affected sites are located in Texas, Illinois, New Jersey, Colorado, and Pennsylvania. They were set up early on in the outbreak by the federal government to amp up testing capabilities and take some of the burden off local and state governments.

Funding for these test sites expire June 30, and federal officials are said to have decided not to extend it.

Read more: COVID POWER PLAYERS: Meet the 14 top drug industry execs who are leading the sprint to develop coronavirus treatments and vaccines in record time

The reports come after President Donald Trump said over the weekend that the US's high infection numbers were a result of widespread testing, adding that he had asked officials to start scaling back testing in response.

In a later tweet he added that "cases are going up in the US because we are testing far more than any other country."

"With smaller testing we would show fewer cases!" Trump tweeted.

While the US has conducted more coronavirus tests than any other country, it lags in terms of coronavirus tests per capita. According to Worldometer, countries like Iceland and the UK have tested more people per capita than the US.

Texas would be perhaps be the state most affected by the federal government's decision. It is home to seven of the 13 affected sites and this week saw a record daily increase in new cases.

Rocky Vaz, the director of emergency management for the city of Dallas, told Talking Points Memo that he asked for an extension of the testing sites but was turned down.

"They told us very clearly that they are not going to extend it," Vaz said.

Vaz said the city would probably need to hire private contractors to replace the federal testing sites.

"The personnel, the site, the tents, the generators, the kits, the lab work, the patient notification, all of that," Vaz said. "These things cost money."

3 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

Just yesterday...7 main testing sites in Texas will be defunded.

https://www.businessinsider.com/us-coronavirus-test-sites-ending-funding-5-states-2020-6

The federal government is ending funding for coronavirus test sites in 5 states as Trump claims the US is testing too much

Jun 24, 2020, 9:44 AM

coronavirus testing texas
Pvt. 1st Class Armon Ramirez from the Texas National Guard being given hand sanitizer after testing people for COVID-19 in the parking lot of Memorial Swimming Pool on May 18 in El Paso, Texas.  Paul Ratje/AFP via Getty Images
  • The federal government plans to end funding and support for 13 coronavirus testing sites in five states on June 30, Talking Points Memo and CNN reported.
  • The decision could hurt Texas especially badly. The state has seven of those testing sites and this week saw a record daily spike in new cases.
  • President Donald Trump has stood by remarks that he wants to slow down testing, arguing that widespread testing makes the US outbreak seem worse than those in other countries.
  • Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.

The US federal government plans to stop funding and support for 13 coronavirus testing sites in five states on June 30, according to reports from Talking Points Memo and CNN.

The 13 affected sites are located in Texas, Illinois, New Jersey, Colorado, and Pennsylvania. They were set up early on in the outbreak by the federal government to amp up testing capabilities and take some of the burden off local and state governments.

Funding for these test sites expire June 30, and federal officials are said to have decided not to extend it.

Read more: COVID POWER PLAYERS: Meet the 14 top drug industry execs who are leading the sprint to develop coronavirus treatments and vaccines in record time

The reports come after President Donald Trump said over the weekend that the US's high infection numbers were a result of widespread testing, adding that he had asked officials to start scaling back testing in response.

In a later tweet he added that "cases are going up in the US because we are testing far more than any other country."

"With smaller testing we would show fewer cases!" Trump tweeted.

While the US has conducted more coronavirus tests than any other country, it lags in terms of coronavirus tests per capita. According to Worldometer, countries like Iceland and the UK have tested more people per capita than the US.

Texas would be perhaps be the state most affected by the federal government's decision. It is home to seven of the 13 affected sites and this week saw a record daily increase in new cases.

Rocky Vaz, the director of emergency management for the city of Dallas, told Talking Points Memo that he asked for an extension of the testing sites but was turned down.

"They told us very clearly that they are not going to extend it," Vaz said.

Vaz said the city would probably need to hire private contractors to replace the federal testing sites.

"The personnel, the site, the tents, the generators, the kits, the lab work, the patient notification, all of that," Vaz said. "These things cost money."

What has your sucking up got us, Messrs. Cruz, Cornyn, Abbott?

More disease. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

I honestly cannot tell if he is writing to himself or a staffer wrote that, but neither would surprise me anymore

Yeah, sometimes His tweets  read like he’s a markedly less smart Doogie Howser writing to himself on his keyboard at night because nobody likes him and he has no loved ones and he doesn’t get human nature. 

She had a great tech conference panel from a couple years ago.  I’ll find the link.  It was how I first fell in love with her.  That and her impression of why Kerry Washington is actually the worst actress alive, not the best.  

3 hours ago, Lagunamadre said:

"You know. Some people....and quite honestly a lot of people...many, many people..tell me that I should be added up there with Washington and Lincoln and uhhhhh........uhhhhh....so this powerful strong general....tears in his eyes.....comes up and says "SIR, you should be on mt. rushmore sir"......so like....who knows.......'   /to audience/   "what do you think huh? Mount Trump?"  /awkward murmuring from crowd drowns out Matt Gaetz loud cheers/  "So like, who knows, but you never know, we'll see I guess"  /awkward sip of water/ "KUNG FLU" 

The East German judge deducted one tenth of a point for the absence of "central casting" but otherwise spot on  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JimmyJames said:

https://theweek.com/articles/921833/world-putting-america-quarantine

Just the ugly truth about what trump and the Trumpkins have done to this country. Brought it to its knees. 

But at least we dodged a bullet by not electing Hillary, she would have done so much worse with this pandemic response, you could hardly believe it.

41 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

Solid electoral strategy, champ.

https://www.pewsocialtrends.org/2020/06/12/amid-protests-majorities-across-racial-and-ethnic-groups-express-support-for-the-black-lives-matter-movement/

The Black Lives Matter movement, which is back in the headlines amid the nationwide protests, receives wide support. Two-thirds of U.S. adults say they support the movement, with 38% saying they strongly support it. This sentiment is particularly strong among black Americans, although majorities of white (60%), Hispanic (77%) and Asian (75%) Americans express at least some support.1

7 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Heh - get fucked Trump family.

Humm, I just can't put my finger in why she'd have anything inappropriate to say about the president.  He seems so respectful of young girls.  

10 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Heh - get fucked Trump family.

I'm guessing this isn't going to just go away like the Bolton book. I imagine this will continue to get appealed upwards to other courts (assuming that's possible in this instance, I have no idea how appeals courts work, etc) and trump won't let this one go. 

7 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I'm guessing this isn't going to just go away like the Bolton book. I imagine this will continue to get appealed upwards to other courts (assuming that's possible in this instance, I have no idea how appeals courts work, etc) and trump won't let this one go. 

Appeals processes take time. Time that the book can get out to the public. 

• Like 1