Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

14 minutes ago, LCHorn said:

That’s disgusting, thanks Crash.

to Lobo’s point; who has accused Biden of rape?

Yea people bring that up but I've never actually seen anything.  That last chick disappeared real quick after her story didn't add up.

1 hour ago, Brandywine said:

Massive ADD, he has zero plan except destroy everything Obama did. That was the complete Goal the whole time. Anyone who votes for that incompetence is an idiot. 

because Obama zinged him good at the WH correspondence dinner in 2011.

that's literally why we are where we are today 😳

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Wanna talk about the debates?

i agree with your take. just because he threaded the needle perfectly in 3 states (plus comey, etc) and got the huge advantage of running against an unlikable opponent doesn’t mean he retroactively won those debates. 

the great thing is that he’s such a narcissist, that he now thinks he’s the absolute expert on everything campaign related, so he’ll never change, grow, or adapt. and he’ll be absolutely shocked when he gets his ass kicked in nov. 

3 minutes ago, mchookem said:

i think it’s steven a smith who blames the nfl for blackballing him from being an owner that fueled his political ambitions. 

I saw this documentary on Roy Cohn that had a little bit about Trump.

Back in the 80s he was claiming he needed to be the arms-reduction negotiator with the Russians.  And fucking Cohn supported the idea.

He's been a delusional narcissist the whole time.

• Like 1

Just now, mchookem said:

That's where his hatred for Obama comes from.  The birther shit got him his base and the campaign started because NBC was thinking of canceling his show and he needed publicity.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I saw this documentary on Roy Cohn that had a little bit about Trump.

Back in the 80s he was claiming he needed to be the arms-reduction negotiator with the Russians.  And fucking Cohn supported the idea.

He's been a delusional narcissist the whole time.

I caught just a little of that and really hope they show it again because what I saw was pretty interesting. I have read about him, but they had additional info that I hadn’t heard before. 

2 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

I've pointed it out before, but it bears repeating:

In my lifetime, the percentage of Americans who identify as "non-Hispanic whites" has dropped from 85% to 63%.  It is projected to drop below 50% in 2043.

Racism and the palpable reality of no longer being the majority race in the US drives almost all Republican support in the heartland.  Abortion?  Nah.  That's a convenient place for most to hang their hat because it's less onerous to claim one is for the sanctity of life than admit one hates niggers and spics.  Fifty years prior to Roe V Wade, there was a concerted effort among many Christian leaders to help provide MORE access to abortion.  The Catholic Church was opposed to Roe V Wade, but protestant leaders were largely silent.  Even the Southern Baptists passed resolutions as late as 1976 affirming the rights of women to have abortions.  The tide started to turn as desegregation became the rule, not the exception, even though segregation in public schools had been illegal since 1954.  Evangelicals like Jerry Falwell created private segregated schools, but faced a stiff argument that they could not hold tax-exempt status, because they were discriminating on the basis of race.  They needed to grow support in order to maintain a segregated society, and landed on abortion as the issue around which they could rally support.

In the end, it all comes down to race and racism.  That's it.  At the top, it's about whatever it takes to maintain power and grow wealth, but the most common weapon to keep the base in line is their fear of black and brown people.

If you guys haven't gotten a chance to watch "I am not your Negro" on Prime, I strongly suggest it.   

1 hour ago, BradInATX said:

Quick - can you name anything Hillary said in any of the three debates? What about Trump?

Trump won all of the debates. He got all of the soundbites, she didn't. In 2020, that's what winning a debate means. Hillary might have "won" logically and factually, but the people that pay attention to facts and logic already know who they're voting for. Trump won the news cycles from all three debates. 

1. Trump was the breath of fresh air that was making extravagant promises through lies.  Hillary was old entitled DC government everyone was weary of.  And frankly, she acted like it, came across as condescending, like she always has.

2. Everything she was throwing at Trump concerning Russia and his other corruptions had not gained enough traction to be taken seriously.  Now we know much better.

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Yep.  That, and I think we're going to need an army of lawyers on election day to get appropriate injunctions to keep polling places open, stop instances of interference/intimidation, etc.  The GOP will absolutely be trying to manipulate the process.  We need to be locked and loaded, with our finger on the trigger, to stop them in real-time.

In Texas they have extended early voting by a week FOR THE PRIMARY, doubling the opportunity to vote early.   Since they won't give us vote by mail, then they can extend EV for the November generals, and also allow provisional paper ballots for curbside voting during election day.  Early voting is the answer to fight the voter suppression.  We need to encourage employers to give everyone a half day off paid to go early vote, when it best fits their schedule.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BradInATX said:

The point of a presidential debate is to advance your chances to win the general election, not to win a Lincoln Douglas debated judged by academics. Trump won by that criteria. 

Trump won the election therefore he must have won the debates? Is that what you're saying? The point of fighting a battle is to advance your chances of winning the war, but just because you won the war doesn't mean you didn't lose some battles along the way. 

• Like 2

It will never happen -- hey to "The Bell Curve" -- but I'd sure like to see a study on the correlation between educational/intellectual metrics (IQ, test scores, undergrad and graduate degrees, etc.) and current political leanings.  We see hints at college experience, but that's about it.  
Two of my Trumper clients? Engineer and a dentist.
Trumptard brother has a master's, although it's from Aggie.

It's not just the poorly educated. Propaganda works
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, pyrohornIII said:

If you guys haven't gotten a chance to watch "I am not your Negro" on Prime, I strongly suggest it.   

1. Trump was the breath of fresh air that was making extravagant promises through lies.  Hillary was old entitled DC government everyone was weary of.  And frankly, she acted like it, came across as condescending, like she always has.

2. Everything she was throwing at Trump concerning Russia and his other corruptions had not gained enough traction to be taken seriously.  Now we know much better.

In Texas they have extended early voting by a week FOR THE PRIMARY, doubling the opportunity to vote early.   Since they won't give us vote by mail, then they can extend EV for the November generals, and also allow provisional paper ballots for curbside voting during election day.  Early voting is the answer to fight the voter suppression.  We need to encourage employers to give everyone a half day off paid to go early vote, when it best fits their schedule.  

Everyone should be encouraged to vote by mail anyway. You just have to claim a disability and they can't ask you to prove it. Covid susceptibility is a disability in my book anyway. I've already requested my absentee ballot. 

4 hours ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

is 'he' trump?  i think he definitely wants debates.  he is an entertainer and knows eyeballs on him is a net win.  

Didn't he cancel one of the primary debates?  And do some fake fundraiser to pretend to give money to the Wounded Warrior Project?  He'll find another way to get eyeballs on him, but I highly doubt it will be a debate.  Hell, eyeballs are rarely off him for more than 5 seconds--there's no oxygen left in the room regardless of whether he "debates."

2 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

So, what level of trouble can this ad get into, because i'm 99% certain that most of the commentary is Fox News people talking about Joe Biden, not trump. Or way out of context (specifically Tucker Carlson saying he feels bad for him probably referring to all the shit going on in America he has to deal with). 

This is from The Daily Show - not a political ad.

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

It will never happen -- hey to "The Bell Curve" -- but I'd sure like to see a study on the correlation between educational/intellectual metrics (IQ, test scores, undergrad and graduate degrees, etc.) and current political leanings.  We see hints at college experience, but that's about it.  

tenor.gif?itemid=15479495

23 minutes ago, Born to Run said:

Two of my Trumper clients? Engineer and a dentist.
Trumptard brother has a master's, although it's from Aggie.

It's not just the poorly educated. Propaganda works

I didn't say it was universal.  Let's assume there is some merit in an IQ test.  (Work with me here, I fully understand the concerns with the test.)

What would you say if the median IQ of Trump supporters was 94, and the median IQ of Biden/other supporters was 105?  Would that not be telling?  It wouldn't mean there couldn't be some 140 Trump supporters or 80 Biden supporters.  It's a distribution by nature (hence my reference to "The Bell Curve").

35 minutes ago, UncleCharlie said:

Just make election day a national holiday.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Making it a holiday would be a gift to the R's but they can't see it.   Then everyone would be expected to vote on that holiday, not by mail or early.      It would further add to suppression like we saw in Houston during the primaries.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Hookah Horns said:

Everyone should be encouraged to vote by mail anyway. You just have to claim a disability and they can't ask you to prove it. Covid susceptibility is a disability in my book anyway. I've already requested my absentee ballot. 

That would be fucking glorious especially in light of the I have a disability and can't wear a mask card carriers of late.

spacer.png

Can we get working on a mock up of this stat

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Hookah Horns said:

Ive tried my best to post this in as many topics. Election administrators have no authority to investigate your Sickness/ disability option on the application for a ballot. It’s a checkbox with no fill in the blank where you list it. It’s up to your interpretation of standing in line will make your condition worse, whatever that may be. The legislature passed a law in the 80s if I’m remembering right saying so and was used in the Texas SC decision. 

Edited by StassneyHorn
  • Like 2

Just now, StassneyHorn said:

Ive tried my best to post this in as many topics. Election administrators have no authority to investigate your Sickness/ disability option on the application for a ballot. It’s a checkbox with no fill in the blank where you list it. The legislature passed a law in the 80s if I’m remembering right saying so and was used in the Texas SC decision. 

It even says so on the form. "Look, we're taking your word here ok?". 

Considering I've got a daughter with a compromised immune system and we're in the middle of a global pandemic, I didn't feel too bad checking off disability. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

Ive tried my best to post this in as many topics. Election administrators have no authority to investigate your Sickness/ disability option on the application for a ballot. It’s a checkbox with no fill in the blank where you list it. It’s up to your interpretation of standing in line will make your condition worse, whatever that may be. The legislature passed a law in the 80s if I’m remembering right saying so and was used in the Texas SC decision. 

My wife is wary of this because she's a medical professional and doesn't want the state to have any reason to mess with her license.  I'll probably go ahead and do mine though.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Grade of D as in David said:

That would be fucking glorious especially in light of the I have a disability and can't wear a mask card carriers of late.

spacer.png

Can we get working on a mock up of this stat

OSHA-Policies-Regulations-Sign-ONEP-3507

• Like 4

I didn't say it was universal.  Let's assume there is some merit in an IQ test.  (Work with me here, I fully understand the concerns with the test.)
What would you say if the median IQ of Trump supporters was 94, and the median IQ of Biden/other supporters was 105?  Would that not be telling?  It wouldn't mean there couldn't be some 140 Trump supporters or 80 Biden supporters.  It's a distribution by nature (hence my reference to "The Bell Curve").
Oh I understand and agree. Trump voters are more apt to be uneducated, devoid of critical thinking and unwilling to evolve and adapt. But labeling his entire base as Cletuses is dangerous. Plenty of very, smart successful people support him for a myriad of reasons.

13 minutes ago, Red Five said:

It even says so on the form. "Look, we're taking your word here ok?". 

Considering I've got a daughter with a compromised immune system and we're in the middle of a global pandemic, I didn't feel too bad checking off disability. 

I am a lifelong severe asthmatic who quite literally almost died on 3 separate occasions.  It is now under control, thanks to modern medicine, but as far as I'm concerned, I'm disabled in the sense that I don't want to be anywhere near my fellow man in a respiratory pandemic.

1 minute ago, DigDug said:

Eric Stoltz has seen better days

a lot of people assumed Rocky Dennis dies at the end of "Mask."  What this Trumper presupposes is, what if he didn't?  What if he faked his own death, got radical reconstructive surgery, a sex change, and lived out his days to become a political operator? 

I'm checking out. I went from the saddest Coronavirus Task Force since NYC was losing 2000+ loved ones a day (which coincidentally was about the time of the last Task Force presser) to this shitshow of scarves (sorry Birx, but if you're not going to strangle anyone with it, you can't be Oddjob in this simulation), mumbling, data manipulation, and prayer.

Dr. Fauci did what he always does and then poof--off they go. Hey America! Try masks, what have you go to lose? Oh, you don't want to, okay! Freedom of speech!

It's a mask not a muzzle.

To go from that to Trump sitting there with his daughter at the Workforce Development meeting, everyone paying fealty to the King with the Lady-in-waiting by his side and participants discuss "skills development" and "skills not a degree." I won't go into the various background behind the executive order, but be wary of the pig in a poke as my grandma used to say.

Can't even articulate what this does to my oldest and her mood right now as she shelters in Cali. In our case, tt isn't the sheltering that creates the suicidal thoughts, it's Trump.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, UncleCharlie said:

Just make election day a national holiday.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

There really is no reason why it shouldn’t be.  People have tried in the past but it failed because of guess who?

I think with lots NCAA teams pledging to make Election Day an “off day” (no games, no workouts) there might be a serious play to make it a national holiday. 

9 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I'm checking out. I went from the saddest Coronavirus Task Force since NYC was losing 2000+ loved ones a day (which coincidentally was about the time of the last Task Force presser) to this shitshow of scarves (sorry Birx, but if you're not going to strangle anyone with it, you can't be Oddjob in this simulation), mumbling, data manipulation, and prayer.

Dr. Fauci did what he always does and then poof--off they go. Hey America! Try masks, what have you go to lose? Oh, you don't want to, okay! Freedom of speech!

It's a mask not a muzzle.

To go from that to Trump sitting there with his daughter at the Workforce Development meeting, everyone paying fealty to the King with the Lady-in-waiting by his side and participants discuss "skills development" and "skills not a degree." I won't go into the various background behind the executive order, but be wary of the pig in a poke as my grandma used to say.

Can't even articulate what this does to my oldest and her mood right now as she shelters in Cali. In our case, tt isn't the sheltering that creates the suicidal thoughts, it's Trump.

Trump doesn't give one flying fuck what anybody else says while he's there.  it's like he's pissed that there's a microphone there for him but he can't use it because somebody else needs to talk, even his daughter.  he folds up his arms or looks down, and doesn't listen to a single thing being spoken.

• Like 2