Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

I wouldn’t pull the lever for either voluntarily, but out a gun to my head and could choke down a vote for Bernie even though I disagree with a good many of his positions. He at least believes what he says and has been a clear and consistent voice on a range of topics. I can respect that even if I don’t agree with all of the positions. 
Lowell Galindo believes what he says too. That doesn't mean he's not an assclown who's terrible at his job.
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, G650 said:

@Anastasisis part of that subset of the populace that is comprised almost wholly of IT guys and people who think Dilbert is funny, and harbor a wildly irrational view of what the IC is and what they do, with all sorts of half baked Libertarian theories. It's an unintentionally hilarious group that thinks they have cottoned on to some subtle truth that everyone else has just conveniently missed, even those of us who have studied this sort of thing in depth.

I mean other than Burma Cuba Vietnam Cambodia Laos Chile Argentina Iran Nicaragua Bolivia Columbia Panama Iraq Afghanistan Somalia Yemen they’re only about keeping us safe right?

I agree this isn’t the thread to debate it but give me a break

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Beau Vine said:
32 minutes ago, Anastasis said:
I wouldn’t pull the lever for either voluntarily, but out a gun to my head and could choke down a vote for Bernie even though I disagree with a good many of his positions. He at least believes what he says and has been a clear and consistent voice on a range of topics. I can respect that even if I don’t agree with all of the positions. 

Lowell Galindo believes what he says too. That doesn't mean he's not an assclown who's terrible at his job.

I don’t think I would vote for Lowell, but that seems like an exceeding unfair comparison for Bernie. 

• Like 1

Just now, Sawbonz said:

I mean other than Burma Cuba Vietnam Cambodia Laos Chile Argentina Iran Nicaragua Bolivia Columbia Panama Iraq Afghanistan Somalia Yemen they’re only about keeping us safe right?

Forgot El Salvador.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

Browns don’t count in the game of American hegemony. Greatest period of peace in Western Europe in centuries. 

Edited by Anastasis
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Have not made a final decision, but at this point Willie is not a bad default. 

Yea, there's a lot of pondering left to be done. Politics in the US has always been about choosing between 2 candidates. Taking your ball and going home because you don't like either one doesn't stop the game and just helps to fuck other people. 

The election goes on regardless of people not voting (or writing in some other idiot who has zero chance of winning). 

• Like 3

Also fuck Trump. He is under 40% and falling. McConnell made a mask video. If he gets under 35 there may be heavy behind the scenes pressure to get him to step down. Of course he won’t but it will further insure his defeat in November 

9 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Trump retweet’s a video with someone saying “white power” this morning and you haven’t made a final decision? Cool. 

Haven’t made a final decision on who I will write in, but certainly I won’t pull the lever for trump.  

• Like 2

Just now, Sawbonz said:

Also fuck Trump. He is under 40% and falling. McConnell made a mask video. If he gets under 35 there may be heavy behind the scenes pressure to get him to step down. Of course he won’t but it will further insure his defeat in November 

They are already floating that he might withdrawal from the top nomination. I don’t believe it. He will be the candidate even if he falls into the lows 30s or high 20s, which I think is certainly possible. The gop establishment failed at holding him off in 2016. They ain’t going to accomplish it as an incumbent. 

2 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Haven’t made a final decision on who I will write in, but certainly I won’t pull the lever for trump.  

Normally I’d be right there with you. Texas appears to be in play however. And of course one vote won’t put Biden over, but if it winds up being close, I want to be able to say I did my part to get that sonofabitch out

• Like 6

hey homies how goes it is?

where are we in the 12 steps of 2020 today? seems a bit like acceptance is this in the air.

How upset is Big Money these days? They seem kind of quiet. I bet that changes here soon. 

Ya'll homies be good. Monday is alright, I think. Much love.

3 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

I want trump to lose the popular vote by 7 million votes or more. No way I’d write someone else in. This fucker needs to be embarrassed.  

I mean I guess if the democrats had nominated Barry Switzer? But good lord Biden is an easy guy to vote for, when the literal only other alternative is the dotard. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I mean I guess if the democrats had nominated Barry Switzer? But good lord Biden is an easy guy to vote for, when the literal only other alternative is the dotard. 

Yea what the fuck is wrong with these people. It’s like they’ve been offered a bj by Kate and tell her to fuck off because they wanted to raw dog it in her ass. 

It’s not a fucking all or nothing choice. Like the rest of life, everything is a compromise. Anyone who doesn't acknowledge that needs to get cunt punted back to reality.  

Edited by totallynotabuttpirate
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

Yea what the fuck is wrong with these people. It’s like they’ve been offered a bj by Kate and turn it down because they wanted to raw dog it in her ass. 

It’s not a fucking all or nothing choice. Like the rest of life, everything is a compromise. Anyone who doesn't acknowledge that needs to get cunt punted back to reality.  

Which Kate are we talking about?

The problem isn't the 99% @TwiceHornreferenced, its the 1%. The 99% are about  the most honest people in the entire governing apparatus.

You people have it exactly backwards when it comes to leading the litany of batshit crazy American escapades over the years.

14 minutes ago, G650 said:

The problem isn't the 99% @TwiceHornreferenced, its the 1%. The 99% are about  the most honest people in the entire governing apparatus.

You people have it exactly backwards when it comes to leading the litany of batshit crazy American escapades over the years.

Funny how that  “1%” always ends up in charge

and what is the constant over the decades? Sure as hell isn't a political party

Edited by Sawbonz
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, G650 said:

I never said they weren't honest.  Many of them are probably of extremely high integrity.

I said the policies they carried out were often of a reactionary bent, regardless of who was in office.

And that their intelligence wasn't always extremely reliable.

Edited by TwiceHorn

7 hours ago, elfenix said:

Is baffoon an internet meme I'm not aware of?

495bb257620b761c6aa8af71f0bae4e6--baboon

4 hours ago, F250 said:

This isn't unique to fascism or Christianity. Historically, organized religion and the state have always been married, the concept of separation of Church and State was a novel concept for humanity.

HenryVIII-865.jpg

• Like 1

It’s going to be an embarrassing electoral college tally. 

Trump winning was a fucking embarrassing electoral college tally. Don’t ever fucking forget that. If you sit it out and don’t vote for someone who can beat him, you’re being a shithead, and you know it.
We shipped weapons to fucking Stalin to best Hitler. And it was the right choice. You can fucking hold your self-important nose and vote for Biden.
  • Like 7

8 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

I'm I wrong in thinking he used to be a level headed poster?

What happened?  Does Putin have some juice on him too? 

He is a level headed poster and has been consistent with his views regarding American foreign policy and the IC. It's not like he suddenly pulled this opinion out of his ass. This thread is very much prone to group think and there isn't any room for nuance when it comes to anything surrounding Trump. It is possible to be critical of Trump and other things at the same time, acting as if it isn't possible is a clear indication that someone isn't a level headed poster.

• Like 8

12 minutes ago, F250 said:

He is a level headed poster and has been consistent with his views regarding American foreign policy and the IC. It's not like he suddenly pulled this opinion out of his ass. This thread is very much prone to group think and there isn't any room for nuance when it comes to anything surrounding Trump. It is possible to be critical of Trump and other things at the same time, acting as if it isn't possible is a clear indication that someone isn't a level headed poster.

Yes....it's possible to be critical of Trump and other things at the same time.

But if those "other things" cause you to raise your patrician nose high in the air, and help Trump win re-election by not supporting the only candidate who can beat him, your stupidity is blinding.

Again, we shipped weapons to fucking STALIN to beat Hitler.  That doesn't mean that there wasn't literally books full of shit really, really wrong with Stalin.  But we still shipped him fucking weapons.  Because you take out the most immediate threat first.  Always.  That's just fucking basic reasoning 101.

I appreciate that @F250. @Macanudo, Putin has no juice on me.  I haven't changed my posting style much over the years. Pretty much the same style that I explained to @hayden_horn years back at the whataburger on the way to OU. Pushing the edge to see where people really stand. Quite a bit of the context outside the sandbox has changed, however. Nobody really use to lose their mind when faced with aggressive criticism of the IC when Bush was in power, and even when Obama's CIA was droning Americans. Today however, quite a different thing.  More than a few posters here are also butt hurt because my criticisms of the IC, FBI in particular, were borne out in reality. But hey, it is what it is. 

• Like 2

Just now, Brisketexan said:

Again, we shipped weapons to fucking STALIN to beat Hitler. 

I wouldn't vote for Stalin either, but maybe you would under the circumstances. 

I simply don't buy into the lesser of two evils thing when it comes to my vote.  I'd rather protest vote with Willie than engage the two party system where Hope and Change, Part Deux, Two-Party Boogaloo is going to be the punch line. 

4 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

I wouldn't vote for Stalin either, but maybe you would under the circumstances. 

I simply don't buy into the lesser of two evils thing when it comes to my vote.  I'd rather protest vote with Willie than engage the two party system where Hope and Change, Part Deux, Two-Party Boogaloo is going to be the punch line. 

"I know that the forest fire is feet away from my home, while a tsunami is likely to happen next week, so I refuse to put out the forest fire right now because I just won't play these bullshit natural disaster games."

Refusing to support the person who can defeat the near-term, existential threat not just to the country but to humanity so you can play some smug "but, I mean, I was right -- the Dems aren't great either" as people fucking DIE....well, that's not the lesser of any two evils.  That's evil all on its own.  You have the luxury of sitting in your safe home in West Austin, swirling your intellectual superiority around in a crystal tumbler.  Meanwhile, people's lives will be ended or ruined -- lives that wouldn't have been, had Trump been denied a second term.

You deal with the immediate, existential threat first.  Then, you tackle the rest of them.  Usually in order of imminence of the threat.  Because that's what sane people do.

Edited by Brisketexan
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Yes....it's possible to be critical of Trump and other things at the same time.

But if those "other things" cause you to raise your patrician nose high in the air, and help Trump win re-election by not supporting the only candidate who can beat him, your stupidity is blinding.

Again, we shipped weapons to fucking STALIN to beat Hitler.  That doesn't mean that there wasn't literally books full of shit really, really wrong with Stalin.  But we still shipped him fucking weapons.  Because you take out the most immediate threat first.  Always.  That's just fucking basic reasoning 101.

We also remained critical of Bolshevism while keeping an alliance with the Soviets.

Avoiding false dilemmas is basic reasoning 101.

• Like 1

The idea that someone would happily risk the future of the country because they don't like the way the federal cops do things is lunacy.  There are two choices:  help Trump stay in power and take your chances that we devolve into an authoritarian cesspool with no say on anything whatsoever, or help get him out of office and cement the possibility that you could effect change down the road.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

The villages may be the whitest place in America. 

The racial makeup of The Villages CDP was 98.3% White, 0.3% African American, 0.1% Native American, 0.8% Asian, 0.0% Pacific Islander, and 0.3% from two or more races. Hispanics or Latinos of any race made up 1.8% of the population.

Just now, F250 said:

We also remained critical of Bolshevism while keeping an alliance with the Soviets.

Avoiding false dilemmas is basic reasoning 101.

No, I'm not calling out Anastasis for his criticism of the IC.  Follow me here: I'm criticizing him because he has stated in plain terms that he won't be voting for the only person who can remove Trump from power.

So, to go with the metaphor, Anastasis isn't just criticizing Bolsehvism, he's actively denying them the tools they need to defeat the imminent threat to the world (you know, the guy who conquered Europe and was working on a nuke of his own).  All while sitting in a smug West Austin house, mostly immune to the worst cruelty, death, and suffering that Trump inflicts.  It's cowardly bullshit.  He cloaks it in intellect, but it's just old-fashioned cowardice -- he refuses to make tough choices.  When confronted with bad choices, always make the less shitty one that provides the best result of the choices.  Ending an existential threat to the country and humanity -- well, that seems like a good choice.

But go ahead and vote for Willie, and watch Trump win Texas by a single-digit number of votes over Biden.  This race can be that close.  A vote for Willie is a vote for Trump to stay in office.  That's it.  That's the math.  That's a coward's way, but I won't let him slink under a rock and try to wish it away.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Oh, and back to this.  No we don't.  We are really good at mythologizing shit, but let's be clear -- without oil, we'd be a bigger Mississippi with decent Mexican food.

Have you eaten Mexican food in, say, Colorado or Iowa or Virginia?

• Like 1