Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

2 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Well that and this is not a fucking IC thread. You know, the main rule of all message boards.

You want to lay out all the issues with our IC? Have at it. But when you repeatedly distract people from the conversation about Donald Trump in the Donald Trump thread then it makes it look like you're, uh, distracting people from Donald Trump in the Donald Trump thread. Anastasis deserves every bit of shit he gets about that after today's performance.

Meh, this is a meandering meta-thread of almost 400 pages. Some of y'all need to wring out your panties. 

1 hour ago, Anastasis said:

I appreciate that @F250. @Macanudo, Putin has no juice on me.  I haven't changed my posting style much over the years. Pretty much the same style that I explained to @hayden_horn years back at the whataburger on the way to OU. Pushing the edge to see where people really stand. Quite a bit of the context outside the sandbox has changed, however. Nobody really use to lose their mind when faced with aggressive criticism of the IC when Bush was in power, and even when Obama's CIA was droning Americans. Today however, quite a different thing.  More than a few posters here are also butt hurt because my criticisms of the IC, FBI in particular, were borne out in reality. But hey, it is what it is. 

Wait, was your discussion with Hayden while I was driving the Macanudo Minivan with Tropheus while y'all sipped red wine with Full Metal Jacket playing in the background?

Because if so, I missed out on A LOT.  Well except for some cold wax cup beer and Troph shoulder checking several dudes at the Fairgrounds.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Anastasis said:

Pretty humorous watching some of you guys unpack your straw man.  

I guarantee you that I have voted for fewer Republicans in my life than @Brisketexan. He feels really bad about that though, performing a projecting flagellation for his own history of political short comings. 

I have made two political donations since 2016, one national, one state level. Both to democratic candidates. Prior to that, one fringe Republican candidate. The only person I would have considered a donation this presidential election cycle after the nominations played out was Amash, but he bowed out with the quickness.  

While some have suddenly found the cat birds seat from West Austin to project, pointing out the pain and suffering and cruelty inflicted by American politics on others WHILE PEOPLE DIE, there have been some of us who have been calling out the reality of American foreign policy for decades across multiple administrations.  Glad that a few of you have seem to come around to the plight of the situation, if only because of Trump. Hope that you guys find a way to stick around after January 2021.  But to be honest, I sincerely don't expect much in the way of persistence.  Much like all the STOP WAR NOW signs mysteriously disappeared from my former central Austin hood circa 2008, I expect much the same when Biden is in office. 

It literally takes the worst person in the history of American politics for some of you guys to pull your heads out of your ass and say hey, maybe there is a problem here. But you still fail to recognize the root of the problem. Insisting that any objection to our two party system, captured by the military and intelligence industrial complex, is really a step into the abyss. While you just goosestep right into the turns of the death spiral.  

Lots of truth in here.

But didn't you say you were going to take this to another thread a while back? 

4 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

Wait, was your discussion with Hayden while I was driving the Macanudo Minivan with Tropheus while y'all sipped red wine with Full Metal Jacket playing in the background?

Because if so, I missed out on A LOT.  Well except for some cold wax cup beer and Troph shoulder checking several dudes at the Fairgrounds.

Good times my man. Good times. 

FTR. Troph brought the red wine. 

42 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

This is a little hyperbolic, imo. 

I think Biden is a lock.  I don't think anything really changes in a transformative way. 

I don't see Hope and Change Part Deux, Two Party Boogaloo really shaking out any different than the first verse. 

Sorry bro.  I was raised by a disappointing latch key. I hope that I am wrong.  But I wouldn't bet against it. 

Eh. I don't see it as Hope and Change redux, more like Holy Shitballs. Jan 21st everyone is hopefully going to be like "and"

I want one eggroll. and?

Ok one turkey melt too. and?

a coke fuck sake. and?

I know, we know pain. Long live the And Stand! Here is your perfect change

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Meh, this is a meandering meta-thread of almost 400 pages. Some of y'all need to wring out your panties. 

I mean, it’s not exactly rocket science at this point. You’re arguing that if we merely vote Trump out of office, we won’t go nearly far enough to fix the underlying problems with this country (we all agree with that, despite you being convinced we aren’t seeing it). You seem to be missing an even more important point, though, which is that if we fail to vote out Trump, we are turbo fucked. You seem too invested in proving that you think more deeply about stuff than others, and aren’t seeing how precarious our present situation really is. Hint: it’s very precarious.

3 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

This.
When Texas hasn’t been in play, you have the luxury of a “send a message” third party vote.
If Texas is in play - and current polling said it is - refusing to vote for his opponent is functionally a vote for Trump. You don’t get to sit this one out in the “but I have super-super principles” section. There is no such section this time. Just Trump, and the guy who can beat trump and take electoral votes from him. There’s no sitting this one out. Pick.

you misspelled "Prick".  Probably a typo.  I know that you fancy lawyers have womenfolk do most of your typing.

12 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Well that and this is not a fucking IC thread. You know, the main rule of all message boards.

You want to lay out all the issues with our IC? Have at it. But when you repeatedly distract people from the conversation about Donald Trump in the Donald Trump thread then it makes it look like you're, uh, distracting people from Donald Trump in the Donald Trump thread. Anastasis deserves every bit of shit he gets about that after today's performance.

Nobody is distracting the conversation in the Donald Trump thread. It's rare a serious conversation ever occurs in this thread. It's the political equivalent of "Tell me about Texas a&m" thread. It's just a place for everyone to talk shit about Trump and yeah, I've done a lot of that myself.

Trump being President is like having bloody diarrhea, it isn't possible to discuss the merits of having bloody diarrhea you can only complain about it. There isn't anything to discuss about Trump other than "look what that asshole did again, will this madness ever stop?"

• Like 4

1 minute ago, F250 said:

Nobody is distracting the conversation in the Donald Trump thread. It's rare a serious conversation ever occurs in this thread. It's the political equivalent of "Tell me about Texas a&m" thread. It's just a place for everyone to talk shit about Trump and yeah, I've done a lot of that myself.

Trump being President is like having bloody diarrhea, it isn't possible to discuss the merits of having bloody diarrhea you can only complain about it. There isn't anything to discuss about Trump other than "look what that asshole did again, will this madness ever stop?"

You should probably see a medical professional about that.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, F250 said:

*bloody flux

29 minutes ago, ndawg said:

You...aren’t seeing how precarious our present situation really is. Hint: it’s very precarious.

I think that shit has been pretty precarious for a while.  Maybe someday soon the two party system will produce a nominee who can actually changes that. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Beau Vine said:
12 hours ago, LonghornSean said:
Even most of the Trumpkins at TD are saying what a blunder this was and realizing he's digging his own grave
https://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/politics/our-president-just-tweeted-a-video-of-someone-chanting-white-power/90682326/

One dude said it was no more racist than Kung Flu.

Another dude we don't deserve him, don't deserve Kushner, and don't deserve his gorgeous (or something like "gorgeous") daughter.  I got so creeped out I closed the browser window.

19 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

I think that shit has been pretty precarious for a while.  Maybe someday soon the two party system will produce a nominee who can actually changes that. 

You’re not seeing it. Shit has been bad, but will be in a free fall if Trump wins. Let your imagination loose for a minute and really think about how bad things could get.

7 hours ago, ndawg said:

You’re not seeing it. Shit has been bad, but will be in a free fall if Trump wins. Let your imagination loose for a minute and really think about how bad things could get.

If Trump wins I may riot.

So the mask thing.  Does Trump not wear it because he doubled down on "its not that bad" for his base or is he scared it will smudge his ridiculous makeup?  At this point, I'm starting to lean towards the latter.   

Just now, DigglerontheHoof said:

it's probably both

I just dread the post-mortem on his time in the white house and find out that Trump led thousands to their deaths because their macho man leader didn't want to be seen with smudged makeup.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, TXSG8R said:

I just dread the post-mortem on his time in the white house and find out that Trump led thousands to their deaths because their macho man leader didn't want to be seen with smudged makeup.  

Just about everything Trump's ever done has been connected to his self-regard and often just as silly.

I think there is more than a scintilla of a chance that he bails.

1 hour ago, TXSG8R said:

So the mask thing.  Does Trump not wear it because he doubled down on "its not that bad" for his base or is he scared it will smudge his ridiculous makeup?  At this point, I'm starting to lean towards the latter.   

It's probably a mix of smears his makeup and he thinks it makes him look like a pussy.