Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

1 minute ago, 4th&Five said:

95% Approval Rating of President Trump in the Republican Party. I would imagine the 5% are the RINOS’ and stupid people who don’t want to see great Judges & Supreme Court Justice’s, a new & powerful Military, Choice for Vets, 2A Protection, big RegulationCuts, Life, & much more!

Someone want to tell him?

• Like 2

10 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Think Bush came up with all those ideas?  Yeah, he approved em, but odds are decent they would have happened anyway.

Poor, helpless unitary executive, right? Bush was a useful idiot who was easily manipulated by people like Cheney, Rumsfeld, Wolfowitz, Feith, etc. The transgressions cited came from the top, mostly in response to getting caught with their pants down on 9/11. Remember Cheney talking about how we were going to have to "go to the dark side" to fight the terrorists? The IC wanted no part of torture (which the administration rebranded as "enhanced interrogations" but let's call it what it was). Bush stepped up NSA surveillance of Americans well before 9/11. I haven't seen any evidence to suggest that Bush reluctantly went along with NSA demands toward that end. Maybe the idea started with Cheney but Bush was "the decider" so the buck stops with him. 

I really didn't want to get involved in the threadjack but I couldn't let that one go. The Bush/Cheney administration did a lot of shady shit, the responsibility for which shouldn't be pawned off on the IC. 

Someone should start a separate thread. 

Edited by WhatTheBuck
  • Like 2

Not a slap at you, but why do people keep talking about this idea that Trump would drop out? He's not dropping out. 

The reports are already saying that Trump admits he is currently losing. That was the big hurdle. Now, given all that you know about the man, which seems more likely:

1) He voluntarily subjects himself to an assured loss

2) He floats a few trial balloons about canceling the election, is met with predictable pushback, and then claims some Deep State/media/liberal conspiracy that leaves him no choice but to quit. He won’t call it quitting, he’ll frame it as a benefit to the citizens of the country by saying that he’s investing resources into OANN (tune in!) to get to the bottom of the corruption, or some shit.

The man’s entire life revolves around not being seen as a loser. The political map may change and the race may tighten, but I see no way that he allows his name to be associated with a blowout loss.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

The reports are already saying that Trump admits he is currently losing. That was the big hurdle. Now, given all that you know about the man, which seems more likely:

1) He voluntarily subjects himself to an assured loss
2) He floats a few trial balloons about canceling the election, is met with predictable pushback, and then claims some Deep State/media/liberal conspiracy that leaves him no choice but to quit. He won’t call it quitting, he’ll frame it as a benefit to the citizens of the country by saying that he’s investing resources into OANN (tune in!) to get to the bottom of the corruption, or some shit.

The man’s entire ethos revolves around not being seen as a loser. The political map may change and the map may tighten, but I see no way that he allows his name to be associated with a blowout loss.

More likely he bitches about voter fraud incessantly through the election and then tries to challenge the result in court. 

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Not a slap at you, but why do people keep talking about this idea that Trump would drop out? He's not dropping out. 

B/c he can’t take the L.  If Trump accepts that he has no chance (heavy lift I know), he will try to maximize his exit strategy. 

2 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

There is zero chance he drops out.  Its an impossibility. 

This is the debate.  I’m not saying it’s likely Trump drops out.  I’m saying there is a non-zero chance.  There’s also a non-zero chance he dies of Covid before the election.

45 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I think there is more than a scintilla of a chance that he bails.

Scintilla trace and an orange face

Standin' all weird like a giant choad

Takin' ramps at a slow pace

Racist fuck makes the USA implode, implode, implode!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

We elected Donald Trump.  It’s remarkable we haven’t been invaded yet.  

I was actually thinking about this the other day, in terms of terrorism.  On one hand, we've never been less prepared, at least outwardly, so you know foreign terrorists are salivating.  Yet at the same time, they are probably just sitting back watching us implode on our own.

1 minute ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

I don't know, man...the second he's not the president anymore he's going to have to face about a brazillion charges in NY and probably a few other places. His choice might be the White House or the Jail House. 

Thats why his 3 month lame duck period is going to be the biggest shitshow on earth. It will start with a full on assault on the election results. One that Mitch will gladly tolerate.  It will end with a family vacation to a non-extradition country.

3 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

I was actually thinking about this the other day, in terms of terrorism.  On one hand, we've never been less prepared, at least outwardly, so you know foreign terrorists are salivating.  Yet at the same time, they are probably just sitting back watching us implode on our own.

Its like Sun Tzu said. Never interrupt your enemy when he is shooting himself in the dick.

Edited by FondrenRoad
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

I don't know, man...the second he's not the president anymore he's going to have to face about a brazillion charges in NY and probably a few other places. His choice might be the White House or the Jail House. 

I'm having trouble deciding on my preferred fantasy between dotard dying from covid or going to prison.

Him dying from covid in prison might seem like the obvious choice, but having covid around that long would blow. 

3 minutes ago, Hookah Horns said:

I'm having trouble deciding on my preferred fantasy between dotard dying from covid or going to prison.

Him dying from covid in prison might seem like the obvious choice, but having covid around that long would blow. 

Prison.  If he dies, all the bullshit will be swept under the rug.  It all needs to be exposed to the light of day.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Biff Tannen said:

Good, I hope he believes he has good internal numbers.  Keep him doing his batshit rants that keep his real numbers tanking.

He doesn't believe it. You may find this hard to believe, but he's lying. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, kevwun said:

You know what's sad?  I completely forget about Soleimani.

no shit, I was thinking just that when I got the news alert saying Iran was requesting assistance from Interpol to arrest trump for murder.  Then I remembered that shit happened in January.  Holy fuck these last 6 months have been unimaginable.  This alternate reality needs to end this election.

1 minute ago, tx 3 putt said:

This is a huge topic for the post trump presidency but how are they going to keep his mouth shut ?

I wouldn’t worry about it. He has only a vague awareness of anything that isn’t directly related to him.

” oh yes I know where all our triton missiles are. I remember… there were some in… I want to say East something. And we have stealth submarines. No stealth sub sandwiches. No it was a stealth substitute teachers that’s what it was.”

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Satchel said:

Anybody catch Bully, Coward, Victim, The Roy Cohn Story on HBO? Even the few people who liked Cohn called him evil because he was. It was like watching a documentary on Trump.

equally evil, but Cohn was waaaaaaay smart than Trump.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tx 3 putt said:

This is a huge topic for the post trump presidency but how are they going to keep his mouth shut ?

I know the precedent is that the upper echelons of gov't get treated with kid gloves when it comes to that kind of thing, but with what he has done over his presidency with the IC and DoJ, I have a feeling if they get a shot at him they will bury him.  He has to know that.  Someone close to him has to know that.  

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Because they're watching the way he's running his campaign -- ignoring the pandemic and his own medical experts' recommendations, siding with white supremacists against systemic racism and police brutality, defending the Confederacy, etc. -- and they wonder if he's actually trying to lose the election. Joe Scarborough raised the subject 2-3 weeks ago and said some people think that Trump might quit but he couldn't see that happening. Then last week Joe did sort of an about face and wondered if Trump might actually quit (and in true Scarborough fashion, presented it as if it were his original thought).

I still can't see it happening. If Trump bails, it will make him a laughingstock and there's nothing he hates more than being laughed at. 

1 minute ago, TXSG8R said:

I know the precedent is that the upper echelons of gov't get treated with kid gloves when it comes to that kind of thing, but with what he has done over his presidency with the IC and DoJ, I have a feeling if they get a shot at him they will bury him.  He has to know that.  Someone close to him has to know that.  

He’s surrounded by his idiot kids. I’ll bet good money Ivanka and the kush high tail it out of the country the day after the election. 

24 minutes ago, kevwun said:

You know what's sad?  I completely forget about Soleimani.

Now days everybody want to cough

Like they got Covid-19 but I told them not to wear any PPE

Cuz I'm a fat fucking sneak

So you can fuck yourself, cuz they forgot about Soleimani.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Hookah Horns said:

Send him to prison where he loses access to makeup and hair dye. And hairspray. 

47 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

This is the debate.  I’m not saying it’s likely Trump drops out.  I’m saying there is a non-zero chance.  There’s also a non-zero chance he dies of Covid before the election.

Agreed.  He also clearly has health issues.  I'm not talking about conspiracy theory keyboard diagnosis from how he walks, etc.  But when was the last time he spoke in a coherent sentence?  He plainly has significant cognitive deficits that are open and obvious for everyone to see.