Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

Oh, and back to this.  No we don't.  We are really good at mythologizing shit, but let's be clear -- without oil, we'd be a bigger Mississippi with decent Mexican food.
Fucking this. You think US history is full of racism, grift, pillaging the earth and native population, and commerce first at all costs? Texas History says hold my beer. It's one series of depressing stories after another. And we are still writing them.
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, mchookem said:

equally evil, but Cohn was waaaaaaay smart than Trump.

I found it fascinating that Cohn called him a genius.  There must have been some 4D chess behind that.  He and Stone and Manafort must have decided he was their perfect Manchurian Candidate.

1 minute ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Agree with that 100%, but just pointing out that if she's a Dem this extends way past 'Dotard's America'.

Not really. You have to understand that St Louis white democrats are a lot like the old Dixiecrats. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

B/c he can’t take the L.  If Trump accepts that he has no chance (heavy lift I know), he will try to maximize his exit strategy. 

But that's not what these guys do. They avoid losing by escalating until other side throw their hands up in disgust/exhaustion. In divorce, they go scorched earth because while the marriage can end it has to be the other person's fault. So they raise the stakes until they get some symbolic concession of guilt, then they portray themselves as the victim while declaring victory.  Exiting does not follow that pattern.

Edited by Bozo_Casanova

35 minutes ago, TXSG8R said:

I thought it was "Man going through airport turnstile sideways is going to Bangkok"

Much like the Bible, these words of divine wisdom that transcend time might have slightly different variations.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

He’s surrounded by his idiot kids. I’ll bet good money Ivanka and the kush high tail it out of the country the day after the election. 

How long do we normally let traitors who had access to highly classified information hang out in Russia?  At least past traitors had access to mostly siloed info.  The Trumps will be selling everything to the highest bidder.  They'll be like one of those Mission Impossible enemies.  That type of shit can only end one way.

12 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

But that's not what these guys do. They avoid losing by escalating until other side throw their hands up in disgust/exhaustion. In divorce, they go scorched earth because while the marriage can end it has to be the other person's fault. So they raise the stakes until they get some symbolic concession of guilt, then they portray themselves as the victim while declaring victory.  Exiting does not follow that pattern.

This.  He isn't setting himself up to not run.  He is setting himself up to blame others for the loss.  Claiming the election is stolen will be his primary tactic.  Stepping aside will simply never happen.

2 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

How long do we normally let traitors who had access to highly classified information hang out in Russia?  At least past traitors had access to mostly siloed info.  The Trumps will be selling everything to the highest bidder.  They'll be like one of those Mission Impossible enemies.  That type of shit can only end one way.

Not even that. Putin will invite trump over for a grand celebration of the trump presidency. They’ll fluff his ego and the secrets will be flowing from trump’s mouth 

9 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

He's gonna lose by 300.

Yes, further injure our consumer driven economy by hampering the ability of citizens to pay rent, let alone consume products. That's a great election strategy. But by all means, I encourage this decision. I feel bad for the number of Americans this will hurt, but we need to continue to find rock bottom to make sure the squatter in the white house is removed.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Not even that. Putin will invite trump over for a grand celebration of the trump presidency. They’ll fluff his ego and the secrets will be flowing from trump’s mouth 

Trump himself won't have anything to sell or give away.  Putin doesn't want to hear Trump talk nonsensically about fancy new spy drones.  He doesn't even care about Trump's personal account of top secret meetings because he knows that Trump's account is always bullshit.  He wants specs.  He wants meeting minutes.  If anyone has been stockpiling real info, its Ivanka and Jared, not dotard.

Edited by FondrenRoad

46 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

I believe she's actually a Dem.

Incorrect.

Federal Election Commission records show Mark McCloskey has contributed thousands of dollars to the Trump Make America Great Again Committee, the Republican National Committee and Donald J. Trump for President Inc. He also made contributions to a Republican congressional candidate, Bill Phelps, in 1996, and to the Bush-Quayle campaign in 1992.

Patricia McCloskey also made a contribution to the RNC in 2018 and to a Republican Senate dinner in 1988.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Born to Run said:
14 hours ago, Brisketexan said:
Oh, and back to this.  No we don't.  We are really good at mythologizing shit, but let's be clear -- without oil, we'd be a bigger Mississippi with decent Mexican food.

Fucking this. You think US history is full of racism, grift, pillaging the earth and native population, and commerce first at all costs? Texas History says hold my beer. It's one series of depressing stories after another. And we are still writing them.

As someone who was born in Texas and went to OU I know plenty.  I just wanted to leave it high level and not get into the dirt.  But this is CR so...

I do laugh when people take football so seriously and start crying about the state of Oklahoma being shitty people as if Texas is known for taking the highroad.  But not taking fb so seriously is probably why I do just fine hanging out around these parts.  

The original point stands - this is a chance for Texas to do something truly special.  Oklahoma will go 65% Trump. 

Just now, DDD Dad said:

Wut?

I see Dixon's point.  In my experience, ethical plaintiff attorneys have been pretty liberal.  Unethical plaintiff attorneys have leaned "conservative."  I put conservative in quotes because the definition of the word has been strained lately.  They vote GOP because they want no regulatory environment, don't want to pay taxes, and really don't give a shit at all about people.  Personal injury attorneys often skirt ethical rules, and this is something you don't often see from other plaintiff attorneys.  Employment or civil rights attorneys, for example.  Obviously, this is painted with a broad brush.  There are ethical and unethical attorneys of all types, but things do lean this way.

Also, that has been the GOP's modern issue in a nutshell.  They have no ethics or moral code and attract those that have no ethics.  "Law and order" is only for poor people.  

6 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

I see Dixon's point.  In my experience, ethical plaintiff attorneys have been pretty liberal.  Unethical plaintiff attorneys have leaned "conservative."  I put conservative in quotes because the definition of the word has been strained lately.  They vote GOP because they want no regulatory environment, don't want to pay taxes, and really don't give a shit at all about people.  Personal injury attorneys often skirt ethical rules, and this is something you don't often see from other plaintiff attorneys.  Employment or civil rights attorneys, for example.  Obviously, this is painted with a broad brush.  There are ethical and unethical attorneys of all types, but things do lean this way.

Also, that has been the GOP's modern issue in a nutshell.  They have no ethics or moral code and attract those that have no ethics.  "Law and order" is only for poor people.  

Agree to disagree.  In my experience I've dealt with plenty of shady plaintiff (mostly personal injury) attorneys who lean liberal (or at least are proud Democrats).  Indeed I have one in particular in mind right now.  Right, @Ghost of LL?

I do agree that my experience with commercial/employment personal injury attorneys tends to be more ethical, but that is irrespective of politics.  I don't think politics enters into the equation, TBH.

Edited by DDD Dad

9 minutes ago, Herpa Derpa said:

Found this picture of the White House from the future, dated January 19, 2021

derelict-office-BBY36K.jpg

I would pay lots of money to watch a reality TV show covering the transition between Trump and Biden. Rick Perry trying to explain what's going on at DOE to a Harvard PhD nuclear scientist. Bill Barr debriefing Preet Bharara on Hillary's email investigation. Pompeo briefing McRaven on Hunter Biden.  

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

John Oliver's main story on Last Week Tonight was on the upcoming eviction wave. Relatively few people had Federal eviction protection and those that did are about to lose it. Thing is, rent/mortgage wasn't suspended so they face an enormous bill past due. The majority of renters are lower income and black. This makes me ask if you're evicted, can you legally vote since you no longer live at that address? Could Trump finagle a wave of voter registration purges based on HUD records?

8 minutes ago, Lagunamadre said:

I would pay lots of money to watch a reality TV show covering the transition between Trump and Biden. Rick Perry trying to explain what's going on at DOE to a Harvard PhD nuclear scientist. Bill Barr debriefing Preet Bharara on Hillary's email investigation. Pompeo briefing McRaven on Hunter Biden.  

While this would be comical, I'm willing to bet there is pretty much ZERO transition on the dotard side.  They will ignore requests and probably leave the White House not unlike the above photo.