Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

13 minutes ago, Lagunamadre said:

I would pay lots of money to watch a reality TV show covering the transition between Trump and Biden. Rick Perry trying to explain what's going on at DOE to a Harvard PhD nuclear scientist. Bill Barr debriefing Preet Bharara on Hillary's email investigation. Pompeo briefing McRaven on Hunter Biden.  

Yeah, there will be near zero transition. I think Goodhair might be one of the few that would attempt it, but he's so inept it would be better for all concerned if he didn't. One of the things LBJ did that I thought was tacky was looting AF1 of any and everything that had Presidential/WH/AF1 logos when he rode home for the last time. Trump's going to make that look like stealing a pack of gum. 

26 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

Agree to disagree.  In my experience I've dealt with plenty of shady plaintiff (mostly personal injury) attorneys who lean liberal (or at least are proud Democrats).  Indeed I have one in particular in mind right now.  Right, @Ghost of LL?

I do agree that my experience with commercial/employment personal injury attorneys tends to be more ethical, but that is irrespective of politics.  I don't think politics enters into the equation, TBH.

Yeah, yeah.

I've dealt with some good PI lawyers and some bad ones.  And yeah--politics doesn't play into it.  But I think it's pretty rare to see a GOP Plaintiffs' PI lawyer, at least in Texas.

2 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

That’s still my theory and I’m sticking to it.  Yeah yeah state crimes but those federal ones are a bitch.

Yep. It’s gonna be tough for the state of New York to prosecute trump while he’s living in a Russian embassy. 

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

Does the turtle have to worry about trump saying fuck the republicans, dropping out and tanking all the R senate races ?

I doubt it.  Trump isn't going to kill his money maker by burning everything down behind him.  He will try to kill some RINOs, but he is maneuvering to get that OAN money.  

1 minute ago, Ghost of LL said:

Yeah, yeah.

I've dealt with some good PI lawyers and some bad ones.  And yeah--politics doesn't play into it.  But I think it's pretty rare to see a GOP Plaintiffs' PI lawyer, at least in Texas.

Wasn't John Radcliffe a plaintiff's lawyer?  Also I'm pretty sure that guy we went up against in Collin County years ago is GOP.

1 hour ago, texas08 said:

I assume she is legally wielding the firearm. What if an equally crazy idiot (again, thanks BLM for your leadership) pulls her legal firearm and points it back at the woman? Open carry is nuts. Mr. Button Down Autorifle seems as likely to cut his wife in half as to competently repel an attack.

Is it illegal to point your weapon at someone?

And yes, this is Trump's "they're coming to take our guns away" base. 

• Like 1

Just now, RomaVicta said:

Is it illegal to point your weapon at someone?

In most jurisdictions, yes, it is illegal.  Assault does not require contact.  From the Missouri criminal code defining assault (multiple definitions, including this one):

The person purposely places another person in apprehension of immediate physical injury;

Pointing a firearm pretty much always meets this standard.  Now, you can generally rebut that with a claim of self defense....but what the hell is their basis?  There were peacefully marching negroes in proximity of my home?  I mean...that defense will probably WORK, because this country and the people in it suck, but it shouldn't.

If they had just come out, armed, but had not pointed the gun at anyone (say he had the AR on a strap), it wouldn't be assault.  But if you point a fucking loaded weapon at me, it goddamn well meets the definition of assault.

7 minutes ago, TXSG8R said:

I doubt it.  Trump isn't going to kill his money maker by burning everything down behind him.  He will try to kill some RINOs, but he is maneuvering to get that OAN money.  

Hmm, you must have just arrived on this planet.  That is exactly what he does.  Every. Single. Time. 

Regardless, the Trump cult would follow him off the cliff and consider 95% of the GOP RINOs if he says they are.  They'll abandon every single principle they never had if Dotard says they should.

7 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

He might, so Pence can pardon him. 

Doesn't matter.  The charges against him in the State of New York will have him die in Rikers Island Correctional Center.  That AG Task Force meets almost every single day to update their evidence and brief General James almost weekly.  The only thing that will stop them from serving Trump in Florida with a summons to appear in New York State court would be Biden calling those dogs off as they'll probably be an offer made to Trump, "The quieter you leave in January and the less shit you try to fuck up after November, the more inclined New York AG will be to drop the very solid case against you."  Moody and DeSantis in Florida will also try to provide Trump with a safe haven against James & New York, so that'll play out for a year or two.  But I think somebody shows Biden and Trump the full case New York has on Trump, and Trump thinks he's invincible so he goes through with his post-election tantrums.  

11 weeks from Election Day to Inauguration Day.  That is going to be the darkest 77 days in our nation's history since maybe 1942 or 1862.  Think back to how Carter and Bush gracefully exited the scene, properly preparing their successors, and urging America to embrace the new administrations.  This man will incite civilian-on-civilian violence that will result in at least a half dozen mass shooting events.  

Just now, henrygandorf said:

after he loses the election?  possibly.

before the election (which was the earlier discussion)?  not a chance.

My theory was always that resignation would come after the election.  Anytime I suggested Trump would resign beforehand should have been interpreted as sarcasm b/c I remember making posts like, “Well Trump will certainly have to resign now.”

2 minutes ago, Lobo said:

11 weeks from Election Day to Inauguration Day.  That is going to be the darkest 77 days in our nation's history since maybe 1942 or 1862.  Think back to how Carter and Bush gracefully exited the scene, properly preparing their successors, and urging America to embrace the new administrations.  This man will incite civilian-on-civilian violence that will result in at least a half dozen mass shooting events.  

This.

And remember, this is our BEST case scenario.  The worst case is that he's re-elected.  If everything goes right...the 77 day lame duck period will be the most dangerous in human history.  An insane, impulsive, narcissist imbecile, with nothing left to lose....and the key to the nuclear arsenal and all that goes with it.  I don't even want to think about it.

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

This.

And remember, this is our BEST case scenario.  The worst case is that he's re-elected.  If everything goes right...the 77 day lame duck period will be the most dangerous in human history.  An insane, impulsive, narcissist imbecile, with nothing left to lose....and the key to the nuclear arsenal and all that goes with it.  I don't even want to think about it.

25th might happen under those circumstances.

20 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Yep. It’s gonna be tough for the state of New York to prosecute trump while he’s living in a Russian embassy. 

Lol.  That’s cute.  As if Russia has any use for his fatass once he’s out.  He thinks our prisons are rough?  The gulags would wipe him out faster than a polonium sandwich.  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

This.

Yeah, I keep forgetting the timeline I keep worrying about is the best possible outcome for me and my family.  He's gonna go scorched Earth.  

I know, I know a lot of will say something like, "I'm going to celebrate the return of sanity and logic to America.  I'm gonna go out to the Election Night party.  I'm gonna celebrate in the streets.  We're gonna have inauguration day gatherings all over the nation to watch it live on big TV's."  Don't fucking do that.  I know you'll want to rub it in the faces of his supporters, but don't.  Not even at a small scale level.  They're gonna be like cops on a traffic stop with a black man, they're just gonna be itching to escalate shit and show off their new weapons.  Since it's the start of flu/covid season, maybe people won't want to gather in large groups.  And Trump will stoke the flames by not condemning his supporters' behavior, not cooperating with the Biden transition team, and refusing to accept the legitimacy of the Election Day results.  

And Behold,-------you are probably right.  I think charges will be brought against him but I think he can prolong being summoned to New York while under friendly protection in Florida, that he simply dies in Florida in a few years of just old age/bad health. 

Edited by Lobo

38 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

hugo spent months trying to convince us that trump would resign.

I posted the same thing early in his presidency. I didn't think he wanted to be president. I figured he'd be hugely unpopular. I figured he would want to avoid humiliation.

He didn't really want to be presidident, I don't think, but he likes being president for all the most superfluous reasons and the opportunities to rob the people. His popularity hasn't declined that much, and he has chosen to distort his vision of his support by holding continuous campaign rallies.

Lastly, somebody shameless is largely humiliation-proof. He truly seems to feel like he's doing a terrific job with Covid. He's got a built in deflection system called Fake News. As pointed out before, he won't believe the humiliating defeat that may await him; he'll claim it's rigged.

He'll be Hitler in the bunker imagining battle-ready divisions at hand ready to save him. I didn't anticipate he would be such a shameless, malign loon. I didn't anticipate that his base was a cult.

Edited by RomaVicta

1 minute ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

Attn: Trump will never serve 1 day in jail.  Trump will never be prosecuted for anything serious. It doesn't matter whether it is state or federal.

Uh no. The state of NY will prosecute him til he’s dead.  A conviction?  Who knows...but bet your ass on it they will prosecute him nonstop.  

• Like 2

He may want to like, not point that directly at his wife. But then again she also points her gun at him; they deserve each other.

This is not what the founders intended when they discussed ensuring rights of citizens to bear arms as part of their service to a community-organized militia. Of course, Hamilton did discuss the necessity of community defense against Native attacks. He just meant hostile Native American tribes and not natives of Missouri.

I found it fascinating that Cohn called him a genius.  There must have been some 4D chess behind that.  He and Stone and Manafort must have decided he was their perfect Manchurian Candidate.

Yeah in that doc Cohn introduced him to a NYT reporter as some sort of genius. The reporter said he just kept repeating the same “you either got it or you dont”

2 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

This is a huge topic for the post trump presidency but how are they going to keep his mouth shut ?

He can’t remember the last time he shit.  I’m not worried about any substantial military secrets he would divulge, except those “space force secrets”.

12 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

Attn: Trump will never serve 1 day in jail.  Trump will never be prosecuted for anything serious. It doesn't matter whether it is state or federal.

Lulz no shit. Death, taxes, and the Dems preaching healing and coming together when they regain power are the only certainties in life. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, RPM said:

Yeah, there will be near zero transition. I think Goodhair might be one of the few that would attempt it, but he's so inept it would be better for all concerned if he didn't. One of the things LBJ did that I thought was tacky was looting AF1 of any and everything that had Presidential/WH/AF1 logos when he rode home for the last time. Trump's going to make that look like stealing a pack of gum. 

Y’all remember that Perry’s not the Sec at DOE any more, right?  He fell on the sword over the Hunter Biden shit. 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

This.

I think there is reason to temper the concern over the nukes, at least a little bit.  Plenty of (mostly retired) military top brass are vocally anti-Trump at this point.  If ever there was going to be push-back against an illegal "nuke'em" order, it would be when a lame duck Donald Trump is the guy making the call.

Now, I fully understand that might mean we are only 99% likely to turn the Creighton University of Middle East sovereign nations into glass, but it's something.

1 minute ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Y’all remember that Perry’s not the Sec at DOE any more, right?  He fell on the sword over the Hunter Biden shit. 

Forgot that. It was 319 scandals ago.

After losing election, he will resign so Pence will pardon him in perpetuity for federal crimes. They’ll also destroy evidence and blackmail witnesses and not cooperate at all with any New York state investigation.

They’ll also attempt to harass all New York investigators, personally. The litany of comprised elected officials and media personality will add to roadblocks and push the prosecutors to settle for the path of least resistance. As a last resort, Trump will leave the country for Russia.

12 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

I posted the same thing early in his presidency. I didn't think he wanted to be president. I figured he'd be hugely unpopular. I figured he would want to avoid humiliation.

He didn't really want to be presidident, I don't think, but he likes being president for all the most superfluous reasons and the opportunities to rob the people. His popularity hasn't declined that much, and he has chosen to distort his vision of his support by holding continuous campaign rallies.

Lastly, somebody shameless is largely humiliation-proof. He truly seems to feel like he's doing a terrific job with Covid. He's got a built in deflection system called Fake News. As pointed out before, he won't believe the humiliating defeat that may await him; he'll claim it's rigged.

He'll be Hitler in the bunker imagining battle-ready divisions at hand ready to save him. I didn't anticipate he would be such a shameless, malign loon. I didn't anticipate that his base was a cult.

yeah, back in the early days (pre-impeachment) folks around here compared him to nixon, and predicted resignation at some point.  i always responded that nixon had one thing trump has never had - shame.  nixon pouted and skulked away.  trump doesn't possess that capacity.  at all.

i agree that trump never really wanted to be president, but he likes campaigning, which is what he's been doing since inauguration.  he likes the hero-worship he feels like he gets from his base.  he likes being liked, which is why he tries so hard, unsuccessfully, to avoid his critics.

and i don't even really think it's about the money.  i think it's about wielding his power, and throwing his weight around.  leaning on people and getting them to bend to his will.  using his mafia-style skillset that served him well in new york real estate for decades.  don't pay, fight everything, fill yourself with bluster, lean on small people who can't spend with you, ultimately get what you want, then brag about it.  lie, cover-up, run from actual fights.

the "robbing people" analogy is actually a good one.  but i think he likes the act of holding up the gun and getting away with it more than the actual money changing hands.  i think the grifting and looting is just part of it in his mind.  lining his pockets is a perk, but it's not his ultimate destination.  lining the pockets of those who help keep him in power is more important, because it makes him necessary for all of those people.  he thinks they love him. 

once they stop needing him, they won't care.  then we'll hear countless bullshit stories from senators and congressmen about how they were the lone voice of reason in the room, but trump just did whatever he wanted, and was ultimately bad for america.

i still say zero chance he resigns before the election, even if the gop tries to get him to (they won't, at least publicly anyway).  after the election (and leading up) he'll cry foul, suppress where he can, start suing everybody, and it'll last for a couple weeks after the election.

then i think sometime around late december/early january he's going to shock the world, and just fucking disappear.  he won't govern (he doesn't now), and he won't transition.  most of his team will probably leave too, and i bet we don't hear from him for a while.  he'll be holed up at mar-a-lago or somewhere.  he'll reemerge in the spring on oann with some nonsense, but nobody will give a shit.

that's my bold prediction.

• Like 1

Man, the squirming on this soldier bounty stuff is getting noticeable.  Now their stance is the intel wasn't verified / had dissenters, so it didn't get elevated to PDB.  It doesnt square with the Soleimani action.  Is Ratcliffe going to set the record for fastest guy to fall on his sword for this admin?

3 minutes ago, TXSG8R said:

Man, the squirming on this soldier bounty stuff is getting noticeable.  Now their stance is the intel wasn't verified / had dissenters, so it didn't get elevated to PDB.  It doesnt square with the Soleimani action.  Is Ratcliffe going to set the record for fastest guy to fall on his sword for this admin?

And Callie didn’t help in that press briefing just now.  Holy hell that was bad. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

and i don't even really think it's about the money.  i think it's about wielding his power, and throwing his weight around.

This is really important.

Trump is not about money.  He doesn't care about money.  Yes, that's what I said.

Money/wealth is just a means to an end, the only end that matters to Trump: his ego.  Money is a way to pump up his image -- "I'm rich."  It's not what he can do with the money -- he doesn't care about that.  It's all about the flash, the image, and how it serves his ego.  Trump is a sad, pathetic narcissist. He is a slave to his ego -- he is constantly feeding it thousands of calories, but it's a bottomless hole that can't ever be filled.  Money, attractive women, gilded toilets, etc.....they only exist to draw admiration to Trump, and get people to tell him how great he is.  That's it.  That's the only thing that matters to Trump.  Other people only matter to the extent that they can feed his ego -- if they aren't doing that, they are expendable.  

This is what happens when you put an insane imbecile narcissist in charge.  It was utterly predictable, and predicted.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Eskimohorn said:

After losing election, he will resign so Pence will pardon him in perpetuity for federal crimes. They’ll also destroy evidence and blackmail witnesses and not cooperate at all with any New York state investigation.

They’ll also attempt to harass all New York investigators, personally. The litany of comprised elected officials and media personality will add to roadblocks and push the prosecutors to settle for the path of least resistance. As a last resort, Trump will leave the country for Russia.

Not a snowball's chance that Florida extradites Trump to NY.

5 minutes ago, TXSG8R said:

He himself admitted he only reads the PDB 1-2x/week.  So even if it makes it into there, he might not have seen it for several days.  Former CIA director John Brennan has great insight into why this is dangerous and why Trump is lying about it.  

32 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I think charges will be brought against him but I think he can prolong being summoned to New York while under friendly protection in Florida, that he simply dies in Florida in a few years of just old age/bad health. 

Let's say this happens.  There will be celebrations all over the country when he dies and the Rs are going to lose their damn minds with the "how dare you celebrate a president dying?" talk.  Pre-emptive fuck you to those people.  I will be celebrating along with every sane person in this country.

• Like 7