Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

1 hour ago, Macanudo said:

Yep.  Mi Casa in Breckenridge is solid as well.  We go there every time where in town.

It's okay, but nothing to brag about other than it's better than most ColoMex you'll get. For some reason Colorado Mexican food can't get the seasonings right. Maybe I'm just spoiled or they deported the cooks that were worth a damn.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Looks like someone pistol whipped her face. 

With a .44 magnum Desert Ugly.

18 minutes ago, Lobo said:

This has gone from hoax/fake news to misreporting by the NYT, to the IC is verifying it, to it's verified by there are dissenting opinions, to Mitch and the other adults are on their way to our house to tell Donnie how to handle this.

How’s that different from the Trump defense on every single scandal? It’s the same playbook every time. 

Funny that Anastasis is still stuck at the “fake news” stage long after Trump and Republicans Congress moved on to tacit admission.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BrickHorn said:

With a .44 magnum Desert Ugly.

How’s that different from the Trump defense on every single scandal? It’s the same playbook every time. 

Funny that Anastasis is still stuck at the “fake news” stage long after Trump and Republicans Congress moved on to tacit admission.

Just asking questions...

Just now, BrickHorn said:

I thought his only course of action was just to call it a bullshit story from the NYT.  Kayleigh tried to sort of do that today at the briefing, but all she ended up doing was reading the myriad retractions from the paper about what it got wrong in 2017 about Russia (minor details that they later corrected) without a hint of irony.

They have to simply say NYT got it wrong. This was never in the PDB.  This was never in the PDB.  This was never in the PDB.  Because if it was and Trump didn't pay attention, he doesn't care about Russians targeting U.S. Military via a surrogate.  They can even admit they later found out the story was valid and are now thoroughly investigating Russia, though deftly as possible.  But if any mention of it was in his PDB and glossed over it, that's a really really bad look for him in the minds of his supporters.  You have to do a full pause on any story about Russia playing bounty hunter with U.S. troops.  They're gonna deny the story in total and it's almost impossible for any outside source (even the NYT) to verify that the report on Russia was in fact part of his briefing and he was just too cool to listen/read.  We'll eventually find out this happened, and Trump can make some token gesture at that time, but he'll skate on this unless people think he knew about it and just didn't give enough of a shit to go any deeper on it.  I don't know a Trump supporter, and I know the full gamut of them, that would stomach that.  

1 hour ago, CooterBrown said:

Why would he quit? 

The only way he stays undefeated forever.  That is much more important to him than a second term. 

Second, if someone like a Nikki Haley is tapped to fill in for him, Biden has a tougher race. 

I am sure Biden’s team is ready for a switch. Right?

Just now, washparkhorn said:

The only way he stays undefeated forever.  That is much more important to him than a second term. 

Second, if someone like a Nikki Haley is tapped to fill in for him, Biden has a tougher race. 

I am sure Biden’s team is ready for a switch. Right?

You didnt fire me, I quit is very on-brand for Trump.  

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

There is just no way the Commander in Chief was not briefed about a threat to soldiers. Whether or not he paid attention to it or cared is another thing. 

Being briefed and actually listening and paying attention is one thing. He’s got massive ADD, so any briefing with him is a waste of time.

2 hours ago, Hookah Horns said:

And it's nice that celebrating dotard's death will be completely guilt-free, seeing as how he doesn't actually have any loved ones. At least not anyone who loves him. 

The ven diagram for those he loves and those who love him would be a simple circle.

• Like 1

Being briefed and actually listening and paying attention is one thing. He’s got massive ADD, so any briefing with him is a waste of time.
I'm surprised we haven't had to resort to this, and it's probably a good thing that the President is tuned out on a daily basis. If his staff wanted to make sure the President actually "consumed" his daily brief they would present it to him over a faux Fox News feed.

He looks like a chubby version of a grown man-baby borne from Dustin Hoffman and Mark Wahlberg.  

She looks like she used the search bar on "Guns & Ammo's" website to look for "Pistols that slim matronly upper arms"  

I know it's rude to make fun of people that can't help the way they look.  but they both have shitty trigger discipline and almost shot at a crowd full of people whose cardinal sin was signage.  

2 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

yeah, back in the early days (pre-impeachment) folks around here compared him to nixon, and predicted resignation at some point.  i always responded that nixon had one thing trump has never had - shame.  nixon pouted and skulked away.  trump doesn't possess that capacity.  at all.

i agree that trump never really wanted to be president, but he likes campaigning, which is what he's been doing since inauguration.  he likes the hero-worship he feels like he gets from his base.  he likes being liked, which is why he tries so hard, unsuccessfully, to avoid his critics.

and i don't even really think it's about the money.  i think it's about wielding his power, and throwing his weight around.  leaning on people and getting them to bend to his will.  using his mafia-style skillset that served him well in new york real estate for decades.  don't pay, fight everything, fill yourself with bluster, lean on small people who can't spend with you, ultimately get what you want, then brag about it.  lie, cover-up, run from actual fights.

the "robbing people" analogy is actually a good one.  but i think he likes the act of holding up the gun and getting away with it more than the actual money changing hands.  i think the grifting and looting is just part of it in his mind.  lining his pockets is a perk, but it's not his ultimate destination.  lining the pockets of those who help keep him in power is more important, because it makes him necessary for all of those people.  he thinks they love him. 

once they stop needing him, they won't care.  then we'll hear countless bullshit stories from senators and congressmen about how they were the lone voice of reason in the room, but trump just did whatever he wanted, and was ultimately bad for america.

i still say zero chance he resigns before the election, even if the gop tries to get him to (they won't, at least publicly anyway).  after the election (and leading up) he'll cry foul, suppress where he can, start suing everybody, and it'll last for a couple weeks after the election.

then i think sometime around late december/early january he's going to shock the world, and just fucking disappear.  he won't govern (he doesn't now), and he won't transition.  most of his team will probably leave too, and i bet we don't hear from him for a while.  he'll be holed up at mar-a-lago or somewhere.  he'll reemerge in the spring on oann with some nonsense, but nobody will give a shit.

that's my bold prediction.

Don't know about the conclusion, but, subject to the hazards of analyzing the florid personality disorder, I think you're spot on about Trump.  Robbing = beating people by some metric if nothing other than his fevered imagination.  If making money off them is the metric, fine, but it's one of several.

there are pretty much zero good tex-mex restaurants in southern cal.  there are only a few attempts to be so.

there are several good mexican restaurants around here, but they're a different type of place.  if you ask for queso, you will get a cold bowl of shredded cheese.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ghost of LL said:

How are Chad and Karen not fucking dead?  Any time you talk to 2nd Amendment people, they talk about "one good guy with a gun" taking care of someone who poses an imminent threat of carrying out a mass shooting.

Chad and Karen could've gotten mowed down, and it would've been 100% justifiable.

And, by the way, is there any doubt that if Chad and Karen were Black the cops would've rolled up and filled them with more lead than a pencil?

Chad and Karen had probably been day drinking at St Louis Country Club all afternoon and we shocked to see black people in their neighborhood not pushing a lawn mower.  Especially on a Sunday! 

I spent a lot of time there for work a few years ago, and it's one of the most overtly racist places I've ever been...And I've worked all over the SEC West. 

I was today years old when I found out that Camp David has an underground bunker maintained by the Navy.  That shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone.

What I learned though was that it's literally called "Orange One"  

I'm betting dollars to donuts that he "inspects" it very briefly, very soon.  

15 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

there are pretty much zero good tex-mex restaurants in southern cal.  there are only a few attempts to be so.

there are several good mexican restaurants around here, but they're a different type of place.  if you ask for queso, you will get a cold bowl of shredded cheese.

Well the Tex part of TexMex would very understandably be absent in California. They do their Mexican food differently than here but you can still find damn good stuff. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Wanker Bob said:

Well the Tex part of TexMex would very understandably be absent in California. They do their Mexican food differently than here but you can still find damn good stuff. 

there have been several places out here that advertise themselves as "tex-mex".  some are still open, some are not.  none are very good.

marix is in the middle of weho. https://www.yelp.com/biz/marix-tex-mex-cafe-west-hollywood-3

like i said, there are some decent mexican food places out here.  i've been here 20 years and the pickings are pretty slim.

cabo cantina, which is more dive bar than restaurant, had queso on their menu for years, and it was decent, and named after a girl who worked there when it opened.  she went to ut.

It's not in their interest to understand the First Amendment. It would take away a major rallying cry. Reality be damned, they are going to believe in spite of the facts. 

They have an infinite number of rallying cries because of their need to rationalize anything. When Lincoln Project material gets censored, they then point out how its not a 1st amendment issue.

Trump/Manafort are keenly aware that if you throw enough shit at a problem, it prevents casual observers and media the ability to have a clear picture. It also gives cult members talking points and marching orders. And finally, it distracts and wears out opposition.

I've noticed he hasn't said a word about Hydroxychloroquine in weeks.  Nor has he mentioned how incredibly awesome his personal health is.  

He's not gonna kill himself.  He's still holding out hope against hope that Ivanka's gonna throw him a mercy bang someday after he loses in November.  Something to cheer him up and secure her ability to get what she can during the transition period.  

Breaking from some guy named Carl Bernstein, whoever that is:

In hundreds of highly classified phone calls with foreign heads of state, President Donald Trump was so consistently unprepared for discussion of serious issues, so often outplayed in his conversations with powerful leaders like Russian President Vladimir Putin and Turkish President Recep Erdogan, and so abusive to leaders of America's principal allies, that the calls helped convince some senior US officials — including his former secretaries of state and defense, two national security advisers and his longest-serving chief of staff — that the President himself posed a danger to the national security of the United States, according to White House and intelligence officials intimately familiar with the contents of the conversations.

In hundreds of highly classified phone calls with foreign heads of state, President Donald Trump was so consistently unprepared for discussion of serious issues, so often outplayed in his conversations with powerful leaders like Russian President Vladimir Putin and Turkish President Recep Erdogan, and so abusive to leaders of America's principal allies, that the calls helped convince some senior US officials — including his former secretaries of state and defense, two national security advisers and his longest-serving chief of staff — that the President himself posed a danger to the national security of the United States, according to White House and intelligence officials intimately familiar with the contents of the conversations.

I’m shocked!

8 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

It took these intelligent people months of daily interaction with POTUS to realize this? They never interacted, saw, observed, or read about his behavior prior to joining the administration?

Could've come up with that conclusion about 5 minutes into any one of his presidential "debates."

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lobo said:

Watched our girl Kayleigh awhile ago...

-So Congressional Leadership is coming to the White House to discuss a fake story? Seems like a curious use of their time. And the President is going to brief them on this non-story even though he, himself has not been briefed on this, but 10 Downing has?

-She keeps repeating there are dissenting opinions in the IC regarding the veracity of the Russian Bounty story. That tacitly suggests there are majority opinions in the IC verifying the veracity of this story.

-And she insists the President was not briefed about this, but never denies that the report was contained in the written PDB, the Presidential Daily BRIEFING. There is overwhelming confidence that the item was in his PDB. We can only assume he glanced over it, and only circled back to it when the NYT ran with the report.

-This has gone from hoax/fake news to misreporting by the NYT, to the IC is verifying it, to it's verified by there are dissenting opinions, to Mitch and the other adults are on their way to our house to tell Donnie how to handle this.

-We all know what happens next. Trump and Putin at the podiums together at the G8 Summit. Trump says Putin has thoroughly convinced him that Russia did no such thing. Helsinki, Part II...only this time even more disrespectful because he'll be praising a man who played bounty hunter with U.S. troops while on U.S. soil at Camp David which is staffed by the U.S. Navy and U.S. Marine Corps. Vomit inducing.

If you want to keep Trump from discovering something, put it in his PDB.