Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

2 hours ago, Pig Bellmont said:

He’s not actually doing the work as president, he just wants to play one on tv

His entire personage is based on taking credit for anything good, blaming someone else for anything bad, denying knowledge of anything questionable, and diverting attention if he can't do any of those things.  His real slogan should be "Fake America Great Again. "

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

.....and after he is defeated, he'll continue to tweet out crap and try to undermine Biden and a new administration.  He will keep his base agitated as long as they believe his crap. 

After he's defeated twitter should sack up and ban hammer him.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

.....and after he is defeated, he'll continue to tweet out crap and try to undermine Biden and a new administration.  He will keep his base agitated as long as they believe his crap. 

I have a hard time picturing what is going to happen with him afterward.  Will the stench of being a loser make everyone ignore him and move on to the next ideologue?  Or will he be able to milk grievances with his fanclub forever?

5 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

I have a hard time picturing what is going to happen with him afterward.  Will the stench of being a loser make everyone ignore him and move on to the next ideologue?  Or will he be able to milk grievances with his fanclub forever?

If he gets his ass kicked, they'll throw him under the bus like they did Bush I and absorb him in their next round of illuminati, lizard-people conspiracy theories.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Actually, he won't.  Twitter will ban him for violating their terms of use.  The only reason he gets to stay on Twitter now is because he is an elected official.

Not sure how he will reach his audience on a regular basis.  OAN maybe.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Which is why I continue to think that 2022 might not be a bad year for Democrats, even though midterms are generally unfavorable for the party in power.  Trump is going to continue being an animating force for action among Democrats.  And there's no way he slinks off to Florida and just lives quietly.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Yuk said:

If he gets his ass kicked, they'll throw him under the bus like they did Bush I and absorb him in their next round of illuminati, lizard-people conspiracy theories.

Doubtful.  I don't recall ever seeing people flying Bush flags, or wearing Bush hats and clothes everywhere.   Trump is heading up a cult of personality.  Its unlike Bush or anyone else.  It isn't easily replaceable.

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, Horndog said:

His entire personage is based on taking credit for anything good, blaming someone else for anything bad, denying knowledge of anything questionable, and diverting attention if he can't do any of those things.  His real slogan should be "Fake America Great Again. "

Homophobic, imo.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

Doubtful.  I don't recall ever seeing people flying Bush flags, or wearing Bush hats and clothes everywhere.   Trump is heading up a cult of personality.  Its unlike Bush or anyone else.  It isn't easily replaceable.

you know, i've completely normalized in my head the trump flags. aside from how dangerous they are as voters, i never thought about what could happen when they are bereft of their orange deity.

35 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Sure you can.  Imagine what a sociopathic, imbecilic narcissist would do.....and you'll hit the bullseye on what Trump does 100% of the time.

I get that part. The part that baffles me is that it works.

4 minutes ago, Yuk said:

He's obviously informed now. And we can expect what exactly?

Trump will hold a press conference asking Putin whether he can collect the bounties for getting US troops killed too or whether it only applies to Taliban.  Its just not fair that they get paid and he doesn't.

• Like 6

37 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

you know, i've completely normalized in my head the trump flags. aside from how dangerous they are as voters, i never thought about what could happen when they are bereft of their orange deity.

They either shrivel and die or go on a shooting rampage.  Pretty sure.

Can't write this one off as being no big deal since it's not the Russians attacking Democratic Presidential candidates or helping to make sure a Republican becomes the President.  They are having to admit the intel is good.  There is no way to justify taking no action against Russia.

Edited by kevwun

2 minutes ago, kevwun said:

Can't write this one off as being no big deal since it's not the Russians attacking Democratic Presidential candidates or helping to make sure a Republican becomes the President.  They are having to admit the intel is good.  There is no way to justify taking no action against Russia.

Since when has he listened to intelligence and since when have the people cared?  Add it to the pile.

1 hour ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Which is why he doesn't need to just lose in November. He needs to be humiliated. 

• Like 4

Maybe the hardcore Q nuts.  But this is going to cleave deeply in to his remaining base that doesn't believe in lizard people.  When reps like Michael McCaul start to back away, things are bad.

Edited by kevwun

10 minutes ago, kevwun said:

Maybe the hardcore Q nuts.  But this is going to cleave deeply in to his remaining base that doesn't believe in lizard people.

I do think this one might have some real legs.  I was skeptical at first, but damned if (1) it isn't true, and (2) the Trump political team is handling it in the clumsiest way imaginable (as has become their MO).

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, kevwun said:

Good explaining why we aren't taking any actions against Russia, Donald.  This one is gonna stick if he doesn't do something about it.

But we've all known that soldiers lives were at risk as soon as Covfefe in Chief stated he knew more than the generals.  Throw in his allegiance to Putin and It was just a matter of when.  

5 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

I do think this one might have some real legs.  I was skeptical at first, but damned if (1) it isn't true, and (2) the Trump political team is handling it in the clumsiest way imaginable (as has become their MO).

ah, well, nevertheless

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

Dotards defense operates from a position of Trump is always right and their job is to make it so.  This is how we get retorts like the crooked or lying media.  Good luck.  

Edited by Mdhorn
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, kevwun said:

Maybe the hardcore Q nuts.  But this is going to cleave deeply in to his remaining base that doesn't believe in lizard people.  When reps like Michael McCaul start to back away, things are bad.

Yeah, this will be the thing they finally care about. 🙄

Jim Inhofe has already said it's no big deal and that Trump is tough on Putin. This is the republican party and its voters.

They. Don't. Fucking. Care.

Edited by 'stache
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, pantone159 said:

I'm sorry, but ABSOLUTELY NOTHING is going to come of this. This administration has done uncountably many things that are both true, and handled in the most clumsy way imaginable. With exactly zero consequences. FOX/Rush will get their spin going, and this is not even going to move the needle one iota with his base.

you're wrong, because it already has. the one unforgivable sin in this country is to fuck with the military. and he did that. for over a year now (by some reports)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, pantone159 said:

I'm sorry, but ABSOLUTELY NOTHING is going to come of this. This administration has done uncountably many things that are both true, and handled in the most clumsy way imaginable. With exactly zero consequences. FOX/Rush will get their spin going, and this is not even going to move the needle one iota with his base.

This is the absolute fucking truth.  How long until we hear, "well the soldiers wouldn't even be over there if it weren't for Obama/Bush".  I wonder if any of the soldiers that died because of this have family members like parents or spouses that can go on tv and ask the question of why did the President allow this to happen.  That is what the news reporters should be trying to find right now.

Edited by Beantown Express 2.0
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, pantone159 said:

because his fanbase doesn't give a shit what he does for america. they only care about what he's doing to people that they hate: blacks, gays, immigrants, pro-choice, anyone with an education,  non-bible-thumping-christians, muslims, jews, etc. they don't care about russia or people dying senselessly over covid. all they care about is denying rights to immigrants and anyone who they don't like. as long as trump plays racists sound bites, they are all in. fuck even if he didn't play racist soundbites, they are all in. he's their fucking hero.

his fan base are ignorant racists fuckheads. there's nothing that will ever change their minds.

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

you're wrong, because it already has. the one unforgivable sin in this country is to fuck with the military. and he did that. for over a year now (by some reports)

He trashed a war hero and his approval rating went up. No rule applies to him. This is today's republican party.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, 'stache said:

He trashed a war hero and his approval rating went up. No rule applies to him. This is today's republican party.

let's take this one step further, shall we: I get it that there are plenty of people who will never budge. luckily, many of them will be dead soon. but there are AMPLE people who have been riding the fence and this has put them over the edge. will it make a difference? we shall see in November.

Edited by Longhorn_Fan68

1 hour ago, hayden_horn said:

Hmmmm....the flags of a losing campaign.  A loathsome, cruel, despicable cause, having lost....what EVER will happen to those flags?  Oh yeah....we'll see them fucking everywhere, because it's not about a candidate, it's about an utterly reprehensible identity that assholes relish shoving in your face:

flag-for.jpg?itok=L_X4uQEl

49 minutes ago, Yuk said:

He's obviously informed now. And we can expect what exactly?

See below...

46 minutes ago, Texaspython said:

Nothing

Correct.

35 minutes ago, kevwun said:

Bullshit.  See, by not taking action against Russia, which is just what they would expect us to do, he's taking action....4D CHESS!

31 minutes ago, Grade of D as in David said:

Which is why he doesn't need to just lose in November. He needs to be humiliated. 

And absolutely this. This has to be our goal.  We are not looking for a negotiated surrender.  If we want this to turn out the right way, we need to fucking nuke them, then get their unconditional surrender on the deck of the Missouri in Tokyo Bay.  

30 minutes ago, kevwun said:

Dead American troops is the difference.  This one will resonate with everyone.

No, because....

30 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

His cult doesn't give a shit about the troops.

They don't.  They don't give a shit about ANYTHING but worshiping Trump.

28 minutes ago, kevwun said:

You guys don't understand cults yet, do you?  He has no base that doesn't believe in lizard people and whatnot.  And the craven, spineless, pieces of shit that are GOP politicians can't ever back off of that base, because without them, they are sunk.  They are all-in.  There is no defection or disloyalty.

5 minutes ago, pantone159 said:

pantone gets it.  Any of y'all thinking that his base can be moved by anything, you are fooling yourselves.  The only game here is increasing the anger, motivation, and turnout of the opposition.  That's it.  Trump supporters are a lost cause.  Not just as voters, but as human beings.  They are a poison that we'll have to deal with for decades.  But we have to survive the next year to even get to have that struggle.

• Like 1

It won’t make a bit of difference to his supporters because they will find some reason to not believe the facts.
It will matter to Congressman Don Bacon, who I’m sure is currently working on some toothless statement to hint at disapproval without offending the Trumpstains. Fuck him and every other Trump enabler. Make them answer for their support of traitors.

18 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

Also, he's already on the bad side of large segments of the military due to constantly belittling their generals. Being unpopular with the military is one thing. Having a soft response to military deaths is a whole other thing. Combine the two and you've lost the support of what is, in my opinion, the biggest visible symbol of the power of the executive office.

16 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

Dotards defense operates from a position of Trump is always right and their job is to make it so.  This is how we get retorts like the crooked or lying media.  Good luck.  

Indeed. He's built a firewall from the truth for cult members by exploiting the Librul Media fear mongering that preceded his regime. If Fox, Rush, or OAN aren't reporting it, many will never know. It's just so much easier outsourcing your reason and judgement to someone else!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, pantone159 said:

Well, ok--I mean, if you count being down double-digits in every poll as being "zero consequences."  He's currently heading for a defeat of historic proportions, and this is going to exacerbate it.

13 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

That's right.  We have so sanctified the military in this country that it's unimaginable that this won't have an impact.