Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

They view everything as PR management, even a fucking plague that kills thousands a day.

Yes. Because governing is not even on their minds. It’s not an option. Actually governing in the interest of the American people is as likely as flapping their arms and flying to the moon.
It is about their self interest only. Full stop.
  • Like 4

17 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Yes. Because governing is not even on their minds. It’s not an option. Actually governing in the interest of the American people is as likely as flapping their arms and flying to the moon.
It is about their self interest only. Full stop.

You've got it all wrong. They're saving the governing for the second term. Just wait and see.

1 hour ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I think it's how all of rural America is, for the most part. 

Yeah but it's extreme down there in PL/POC. I drive through a bunch of rural towns but haven't seen anything like that area, where there is dotard shit everywhere you look. 

18 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

Nothing will be normal. Forces have been set in motion that almost certainly start with decline and possibly end in bloody revolution.

The burn it down guys won. Ironically the only firewall left is corporate interest, as scary as that is.

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

I wish a reporter would have the guts to offer a one-on-one interview with Trump to get his side of the story. Then when he finishes his rambling talk about heritage and history and what it means to people in the South, blah blah blah, just look at him and say

"President Trump, I see that Southern heritage means a great deal to you and you understand it well. What were the names of the President and Vice-President of the Confederate States of America?"

Nope, ask him if Southerners were justified in defending their heritage and way of life.    Ask if there were fine people in the South supporting the "Lost Cause."

Someone mentioned Parler on this thread earlier. I have a gun nut FB friend who just signed up, and spread the news among the masses. Many names I haven’t seen in months (I hid them) have responded affirmatively, and it appears there’s a movement by the Trumptards to dump Twitter en masse July 4th and join the new “home of free speech.”  Is Dotard already there?

3 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

Someone mentioned Parler on this thread earlier. I have a gun nut FB friend who just signed up, and spread the news among the masses. Many names I haven’t seen in months (I hid them) have responded affirmatively, and it appears there’s a movement by the Trumptards to dump Twitter en masse July 4th and join the new “home of free speech.”  Is Dotard already there?

That’s cute.

Nothing will be normal. Forces have been set in motion that almost certainly start with decline and possibly end in bloody revolution.

The burn it down guys won. Ironically the only firewall left is corporate interest, as scary as that is.

I guess you don’t need confederate battle flags anymore when a white supremacist is in the White House. You’ve already won. 

These are correct. We are broken beyond repair.

3 minutes ago, ChuckNorrisActionJeans said:

I feel like the anger that is correlated with the very stupid exists because the very stupid are angry at themselves, deep down.

Kinda like why aggies hate the gays. Rage those inner feelings away. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

That might be my favorite LP ad yet. That’s the kind of message that could resonate with a decent percentage of remaining Trump supporters. 

I like that the guy is just a regular dude. The sinister music, lighting, sound effects, and narrator of the other ones challenge credibility.

My concern is that this will turn into a political opportunity for Trump. As we edge closer to November, he can start getting Americans all worked up about going to war with Russia. 
Fortunately his administration and campaign are so unorganized and feckless that they're unlikely to be able to do this. But it stills concerns me. 

The question I have is why Russia did this? It’s fishy

10 minutes ago, Eskimohorn said:

The question I have is why Russia did this? It’s fishy

Word on the street is it might be retaliation from when we slaughtered 200+ Russians (they had it coming) in Syria back in early 2018.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2018/05/24/world/middleeast/american-commandos-russian-mercenaries-syria.amp.html

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Khasham

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Rooted in denial or not, I can't regularly indulge that sort of despair. But I will admit to moments lasting days-weeks-months of it. How do other people with progeny and the presumption of a horizon for them reconcile this outlook with hope for the generations to come? I'll hang up and listen.

2 hours ago, Ted Lange said:

Check out this interview with this QAnon kook, he GOP voters just nominated. 

She owns Shooters, a restaurant in Rifle where the staff are armed. 

I would have rolled my eyes if I saw that in a work of fiction. 

This vapid idiot winning a primary may be the best evidence yet that the idiocracy is truly upon us. 

3 hours ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Crazily, corporate interests also control the entirety of our lines of communication, electricity, and substinence.

Imagine that we are in our current state, and suddenly there is no internet, power is sparce, and food deliveries slow to a trickle.  That could be done with less than 10 companies. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

It doesn't automatically mean she's a genius, but she's a Georgetown grad, having done study abroad at Oxford, and received academic excellence awards at the U's law school before transferring and graduating from Harvard Law.

She's been an alt-right conservative all along.  She was critical of Trump during his runup but saw the light in terms of career opportunities, reversed field, and here we are.

I think she's like most of the smarter folks in Trump's administration:  she's a self-serving opportunist with a not insignificant streak of evil.

They're conscienceless whores.  Tough talkers that never have any intentions of getting their hands dirty.  They just whistle and point, and their dogs, which they've been training (and which will always remain outside), will hopefully hunt.  We'll see if they do in November.  If they don't, then they'll have to call on them to attack because they stand to lose a lot of political infrastructure.

DOTARD showed the way--FCC, military, the wall, energy, policing, DOJ, education, treasury, redistricting and voter suppression, taxes, commemorative statues and symbols, and more--all are up for grabs.  There is no decorum and unwritten agreements and policies are nothing.  Their Heritage is being threatened.  They can't hide again, everybody knows who they are and what they represent.  

Democrats should be campaigning against Trump/Republicans and Racism--call it out and repeat it until all three are synonymous.  Make a bunch of public political missteps calling politicians out for what they voted for so Democratic Candidates can get free airtime.   Don't defend, attack. If he calls you Pocahontas, call him David Duke's little fat shadow.  Ask him which David Duke laws he is hoping to enact next and why healthcare isn't such a priority that a plan wasn't devised his first term.  And when he starts to respond, cut him off and say America can't wait until he's back to bankrupting his own businesses rather than America.  When he comments, yawn and say his rhetoric has become boring since all he does is play golf and fantasize about Putin.  He's a weak man that had to cheat to win.  Don't let him or America forget that.  

Call him Donald Perjury since his lawyers refuse to let him testify under oath.

Edited by Mdhorn
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

ROLLERBALL takes place in a near future in which nations, bankrupt and defeated in the “corporate wars” no one quite remembers, have been replaced by the “majors,” multinational monopolies dividing control of the six sectors of the economy: Transport, Food, Communications, Housing, Luxury, and Energy.

Jon-a-than! Jon-a-than! Jon-a-than! Jon-a-than! 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Word on the street is it might be retaliation from when we slaughtered 200+ Russians (they had it coming) in Syria back in early 2018.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2018/05/24/world/middleeast/american-commandos-russian-mercenaries-syria.amp.html

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Khasham

One thing I’ve learned over the years is your “word on the street” sources are shit.  Nothing you post under that veil is ever proven true.

• Like 1

I would like to see reporters start framing questions towards dotard as if his landslide defeat is a foregone conclusion.  For example:

1.  Mr. President, has your staff started working on a succession plan with the future Biden administration?

2.  Mr. President, what advice would you give to Mr. Biden on how to successfully unfuck all the stuff you have fucked?  (might have to work the language on this one a bit)

3.  Mr. President, do you think Mr. Biden's inauguration will have 50% or 100% more attendees than yours?

4.  Mr. President, what is your projection for occupancy rates at your properties starting November 4?

5.  Mr. President, do you plan to pardon your daughter Ivanka before or after the election?

• Like 5

So we started with silence, then moved to I was never briefed on it, then to the White House confirming he was now briefed on this that was in his February briefing, to now it's just another hoax. I love waking up in the morning to see what craziness the day holds. 

Guest Lobo

I realize they're not in the business of revealing their sources, but if the NYT could drop some more evidence or names on America's birthday, I think the Republic could use a little gift of honesty about now.  

4 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I realize they're not in the business of revealing their sources, but if the NYT could drop some more evidence or names on America's birthday, I think the Republic could use a little gift of honesty about now.  

That’s a Journalistic thing. What we need is the source to stand up and say “yeah it was fucking me. I was in the room and I briefed the motherfucker personally. Put me under oath.” And then have the other people at the CIA say “yeah I gathered the intel and told my boss.” And then say “don’t believe me? Let’s get the transcripts and notes out and take a look. Let’s examine the phone records or trump and Putin.”

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

That’s a Journalistic thing. What we need is the source to stand up and say “yeah it was fucking me. I was in the room and I briefed the motherfucker personally. Put me under oath.” And then have the other people at the CIA say “yeah I gathered the intel and told my boss.” And then say “don’t believe me? Let’s get the transcripts and notes out and take a look. Let’s examine the phone records or trump and Putin.”

Yeah I don’t want that to happen because that person would go to jail for revealing classified information.

• Like 3