Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

My complaint for the day is somewhat minor.  Don Junior has ruined Soundgarden.  Not sure when it happened, a month or so ago I guess I was listening to Black Hole Sun while the tv was on mute, and a clip of Don Jr came on the news.  From that point and since every time I hear the song Chris Cornell is screaming “Jackhole Son!”    I cant make it stop.

Edited by Judge Roybeanbag
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Ari Fleischer on FN saying (paraphrasing) "The US gave arms and money to the mujaheddin to kill Russians in Afghanistan, this happens all the time when soldiers are occupying an area."  

So the narrative is moving from we didn't know, to so what, its war.  He asked what Democrats want to do, go to war with Russia over it?

He also said the president doesn't read the PDB (lol at the flip flopping), he gets it orally, so if the briefer didn't include it orally, he didn't know.  

JFC

2 minutes ago, TXSG8R said:

He also said the president doesn't read the PDB (lol at the flip flopping), he gets it orally, so if the briefer didn't include it orally, he didn't know.  

In a sane universe that would be all that was needed for a president to be fired by the people.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, TXSG8R said:

"The US gave arms and money to the mujaheddin to kill Russians in Afghanistan, this happens all the time when soldiers are occupying an area." 

every single flowchart leads to some version of "but her emails".  every.  single.  one.

1 hour ago, RPM said:

I have no visions of Biden running for a second term. He's 77 and only running now because we're Trump fucked. What I think happens is Biden picks a strong female Veep then backs her in 4 years.

Same result, and I agree that whoever he endorses will win. It will be more than 4 years to purge the party of trump toxicity (again assuming the polls are correct which I still doubt).

Edited by 'stache
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, TXSG8R said:

Ari Fleischer on FN saying (paraphrasing) "The US gave arms and money to the mujaheddin to kill Russians in Afghanistan, this happens all the time when soldiers are occupying an area."  

20 years back is a little hazy for me, but I'm willing to bet that the Putin crew were not only briefed on this funding but responded.

25 minutes ago, TXSG8R said:

So the narrative is moving from we didn't know, to so what, its war.  He asked what Democrats want to do, go to war with Russia over it?

JFC

Ok so if the response is “well it’s a war zone.” What was/is the US response to protect our troops?  Bc if the answer is “nothing” (which it is) this is a big fucking deal. 

And I don’t need Ari “Mission Accomplished” Fleischer to give perspective on war zones. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TXSG8R said:

Yea, but I struggle to see them being engaged enough, long enough, to affect real change.  Targeting Trump, or whoever the next singular target is, is relatively easy.  The problem is much bigger than Trump though. 

I think they are thinking well past that. IF Biden is elected, the power struggle between Feuillants and Girondins starts 1/21/21, with Montagnards waiting in the wings. And yes, I know this analogy is a stretch, but you get the idea. 

1 hour ago, 4th&Five said:

This feels like a stretch. Both of these are based on the Roman Aquilla
114061245-the-roman-eagle-.jpg

As is this
pa1012a.jpg

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Like 2

Just now, Bozo_Casanova said:

I think they are thinking well past that. IF Biden is elected, the power struggle between Feuillants and Girondins starts 1/21/21, with Montagnards waiting in the wings. And yes, I know this analogy is a stretch, but you get the idea. 

This feels like a stretch. Both of these are based on the Roman Aquilla
114061245-the-roman-eagle-.jpg

As is this
pa1012a.jpg

the eagle pointing its head left is supposed to have some symbolism.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Ok so if the response is “well it’s a war zone.” What was/is the US response to protect our troops?  Bc if the answer is “nothing” (which it is) this is a big fucking deal. 

And I don’t need Ari “Mission Accomplished” Fleischer to give perspective on war zones. 

On TOS, when I pointed out after Benghazi that Libya was essentially a failed state and that visiting the lightly defended facility was an inherently dangerous act, I was told that American Power should not be subject to normal global hazards and Obama was weak for not having overwhelming force on hand at all times.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

On TOS, when I pointed out after Benghazi that Libya was essentially a failed state and that visiting the lightly defended facility was an inherently dangerous act, I was told that American Power should not be subject to normal global hazards and Obama was weak for not having overwhelming force on hand at all times.

Oh.....you're expecting logical consistency.  How cute.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Michael Knight said:

"He truly believes there is a silent majority out there that's going to come out in droves in November," said a source who's talked to the president in recent days.

Again, I think of Hitler in the bunker imagining reserve divisions being readied to save the day. The longer Trump believes this, the better.

4 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Again, I think of Hitler in the bunker imagining reserve divisions being readied to save the day. The longer Trump believes this, the better.

Correct.  Go down the wrong road, as long as you can, at top speed -- Godspeed, Donald.  Godspeed.

21 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

the eagle pointing its head left is supposed to have some symbolism.

Sometimes yes and sometimes not. We've gone both ways.

2.1  Direction of the Eagle's Head

From an early date, emblazonments of the arms can be found in which the eagle's head is turned to its own left, rather than to the right as would be the norm in a proper heraldic composition. What significance does this have?

Apparently none. The most likely reason for the variation is that the legal blazon of the arms does not specify which way the eagle looks. It didn't have to; by heraldic convention, any bird or beast automatically faces to its own right unless the blazon of the arms stipulates otherwise. But the United States was not rich in trained heraldic artists, and it is quite probable that many craftsmen contracted to produce renderings of the arms for various official and unofficial purposes simply didn't know it mattered. Another factor may have been that many early renderings were engraved, which requires the artist to cut the emblazonment in mirror image, so that it will come out properly when impressed on paper. 

Once the error crept in, it is probable that other painters, seamstresses, and metalworkers simply reproduced whatever they saw in the models from which they were working, unaware that there was anything wrong with them, and the government officials supervising the work usually knew no more about the subject than they did. 

1.2  Left and Right, War and Peace

The story has been widely propagated, sometimes by people who ought to know better, that the eagle's head in the United States arms is switched from right to left (dexter to sinister) whenever the United States is at war, so that the eagle looks toward the arrows of war rather than the olive branch of peace. This myth is particularly associated with the arms used on the Presidential seal. 

It seems to have arisen from President Harry Truman's decision to alter the Presidential seal in 1945 so that the eagle's head looked to the right (dexter)--the correct heraldic direction, which had been followed on every cutting of the great seal. In explaining the change, the White House noted that this made the eagle face the olive branch representing peace. People associated the timing of the change with the end of World War II, and thus a myth was created. 

The problem is that the eagle on the Presidential seal had faced to the left continuously since at least the 1870s and possibly earlier. There was nothing unusual about this: many other official emblazonments of the national arms also had left-facing eagles, including the one on the seal of the Department of State. During the roughly 70 years in which the left-facing eagle appeared on the Presidential seal, the United States was at war less than seven years. Since the change was made in 1946, the eagle on the Presidential seal, as well as on the great seal and every other official representation of the arms used by the U.S. government, has constantly faced to the right, whether or not U.S. forces are engaged in conflict. 

The simple truth is that after five-star generals and admirals were created in the U.S. armed forces during World War II, President Roosevelt, and then President Truman, felt that the Presidential flag should be upgraded to have more than the four stars previously used. In the process of the redesign, the War Department's chief heraldic expert, Arthur E. DuBois, pointed out the heraldic impropriety of the eagle's facing to sinister, and with the President's approval he simply corrected the error.

1 hour ago, TXSG8R said:

JFC

This wasn't difficult to predict. Critics need to focus on Trump staying cozy with Putin while Putin was acting as an enemy of the US.

I don't find it surprising or even very noteworthy that Putin's Russia supports action against American soldiers. We supplied Stinger missiles to the Afghans to use against the Soviets. Smiling at, trusting, and praising the man responsible is the big fucking problem. Russia is an enemy of the US. Our president is friendlier with Putin than with the democratic leaders of our allies.

We are ridiculous on the world stage and our president is an ignorant, crooked, cowardly traitor.

No, we shouldn't go to war with Russia over this. We shouldn't like their balls, either, you false dichotomizing piece of shit.

In South Dakota, the visages of Washington, Lincoln, Jefferson, and T. Roosevelt will be gazing over the bizarrely coifed head of a president who loves himself some autocrats. Maybe they can rattle around in their graves causing a temblor that will disattach their great stone noses to slide down on the podium crushing all in their path. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TXSG8R said:

JFC

"What do you have to lose?"

Every day from Lyndsey, Gym, Gaytz, Meadow, Sean Trump, Ivanka, Eric, etc...

1 hour ago, TXSG8R said:

JFC

Ari Fleischer on 9/11 - "We blow up buildings in the Middle East all the time, so what they got a couple of ours." 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

Best one yet:

At our current rate of Idiocracy, this guy will ascend to the presidency after a similar diatribe is delivered to his opponent in the 2028 Presidential Debate. 

"President Buttercream Dream today announced a new plan to extinguish the fires that have raged on the Mississippi River for 18 months following a series of oil spills and now-legal industrial waste dumping.

Mr. Dream announced via the President's Emergency News Info System that oil company executives are "fagets" and that Twinkies were found to be effective to soak up and dispose of floating oil on the river.  

Millions of cases of unused and inedible Twinkies remain in storage throughout the nation following the end of the 2023 Food Famine. These hastily produced food items were found to contain a high level of industrial sponge pieces, which are lethal if consumed by humans, but highly effective when repurposed for large scale toxic cleanup efforts"

Edited by TornACL
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, TornACL said:

At our current rate of Idiocracy, this guy will ascend to the presidency after a similar diatribe is delivered to his opponent in the 2028 Presidential Debate. 

"President Buttercream Dream today announced a new plan to extinguish the fires that have raged on the Mississippi River for 18 months following a series of oil spills and now-legal industrial waste dumping.

Mr. Dream announced via that oil company executives are "fagets" and that Twinkies were found to be effective to soak up and dispose of floating oil on the river.  

Millions of cases of unused and inedible Twinkies remain in storage throughout the nation following the end of the 2023 Food Famine. These hastily produced food items were found to contain a high level of industrial sponge pieces, which are lethal if consumed by humans, but highly effective when repurposed for large scale toxic cleanup efforts"

C-

2 minutes ago, TornACL said:

Mr. Dream announced via the President's Emergency News Info System that oil company executives are "fagets" and that Twinkies were found to be effective to soak up and dispose of floating oil on the river.  

Alonzo Mourning GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Imagine if we did not have a weak, feckless President who had some grasp of history?  Russia would be on it's heels, China would be playing defense against a 12 nation TPP agreement, and we would have had teams on the ground in Huwan fighting the virus at it's source.  These are the sorts of things that could have been relatively easily achieved if our President was a world leader, and not merely a luckily elected GOP leader.

Instead we have have Russia, the one country Trump NEVER speaks ill of, puts bounties on the heads of our servicemen.  China has no worries when it asserts complete communist rule over Hong Kong. And the virus rages unnecessarily, the deaths are far more than necessary, and the economic cost to taxpayers, is far beyond what needed to be spent.  But the GOP did get to keep a corrupt man in office without even the slightest desire for oversight or even the smallest modicum of principles.  

Sad that if we had simply not abdicated our role in the world and instead decided to to divide ourselves for narrow partisan victories... we would be living in a different world.

Edited by horn4life
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

I swear if/when these fucks have their day in court I will sit naked with a tub of lube and masturbate till my dick falls off. I cannot wait for these fucks to die

There is LOL, and literally LOL'd.  This was a literal one for me.  Well done.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TXSG8R said:

...during the Cold War, shit stain, not when the president was inviting Russia into the G7, or withdrawing troops from Germany, or publicly siding with Russia over the findings of America's intelligence agencies. And the Trump DOJ-appointed Mueller Investigation. And the GOP-chaired Senate Intelligence Committee...

• Like 2

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/trump-company-dog-whistle-racist-baseball-a9591666.html

This is a stretch too, right?  No way this is real...

In white supremacist and neo-Nazi circles, the number 88 serves as a code for the letters “HH” – an abbreviation of “heil Hitler”. The number 18 sometimes stands in for Hitler’s initials, while the number 14 refers to a widely known 14-word shibboleth: “We must secure the existence of our people and a future for white children”. The numbers are sometimes combined into 1488.

It was in the aftermath of the “white power” incident that social media users began drawing attention to the ball’s somewhat unusual price point.

While some pointed to the price with sarcasm or cynicism, others made the point that fascist and neo-Nazi groups use telltale shorthands like “88” precisely because they can be deployed in plain sight with plausible deniablity.

As Twitter user Emily Kahn pointed out: “Regular people will hop in the replies here to say ‘youre scared of numbers??’ Or ‘its just a random number!’ And not even realize they’re playing into it … Good dogwhistles can get random people to defend them.

47 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

I swear if/when these fucks have their day in court I will sit naked with a tub of lube and masturbate till my dick falls off. I cannot wait for these fucks to die

Be honest. You are going to do that regardless, it's called quarantine. 

Edited by Lagunamadre

40 minutes ago, TornACL said:

As usual, the full on counterattack by Trump and his usual band of idiots on this issue confirms that this was a colossal fuck up by the Commander in Chief. 

That's exactly what the meeting with the GOP reps was about the other day. It wasn't to brief them about the situation. It was the President fucked up so let's make sure we're all on the same page on how to cover his ass. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Red Five said:

So I guess Trump is just gonna pretend that Covid went away for the rest of his presidency? I'm kind of expecting him to start tweeting soon that the whole thing is a hoax and that there never was a virus. 

In late January 2021 he will tweet about how poorly Sleepy Joe has handled the pandemic.