Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

12 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

The GOP is the party of Trump.  There is no alternative.  There is nothing to jump into when you jump off of the Trump ship.  You jump into the ice-cold storm-tossed sea, and die within minutes.  They have put themselves in an untenable position, but there they are.

spacer.png

• Like 4

1 hour ago, henrygandorf said:

just so we’re clear, the president aced a test where questions include a picture of a lion and a rhino, where you have to identify the lion? also 6 points were awarded for knowing the correct date and what city and state you’re currently in?

is this the test we’re talking about?

image.jpeg.8a8ecaad99c37d35c405497859f1a0c8.jpeg

In fairness, I haven't known what day it is for about three weeks now.  July 4 will reset for a couple of days but that's about it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gourmand said:

House Democrats voted against the Iraq War Resolution 126-81. Senate Dems voted 29-21 in favor. How is that "cowering?" I say this as someone who was staunchly opposed and lost  respect for some hawkish friends and acquaintances--both Republicans and Democrats--during that time because I wasn't blindly following the reporting of Judy Miller fed straight from Scooter Libby. I was as mad as anyone about that vote but I think your characterization here is far off from the truth because there was obvious strong disagreement between many powerful Democrats in both houses. 

This line of argument illustrates the high bar expected of Democrats (especially by Democrats) to be perfect, always. 

I, too, was opposed to the Iraq invasion. Hillary and Kerry had to tap dance around the problem because the Dems could have blocked the resolution had they united in their votes. Here is the wikipedia tally.

The Dems were afraid of losing their seats so they cynically put up some resistance with safe seats and voted against principle in seats that could be lost. It was cowardly.

Dennis Kucinich was a notable opposer of the war on the Dem presidential debate stage among other leading candidates who'd given in. Hillary and Kerry tried to explain their votes but it came across as the waffle fest that it was.

Like I said earlier, I usually vote straight Democrat, but it turns my stomach sometimes.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

Getting away from that horror show, with regards to Russia and Putin in general:

What have we gotten out of this cozy relationship with Putin?  In a rational world, if the president were hell bent on a good relationship with one of our enemies, you’d think there would be something in it for us. 

The United States is not cozy with Russia. If you are dirty with Russian oligarchs, you will be investigated. We have crushing sanctions on Russia. Here is the list. It is long. https://www.rferl.org/a/russia-sanctions-timeline/29477179.html

Russia's economy dwarfed by the United State's. California has a bigger GDP than Russia. Texas and New York also have larger GDP.

China has been the bigger threat. And with the needed uncoupling from China that friction is ongoing, strains in the relationship will continue.

The biggest threat on the horizon is the World thinking the United States and its citizens are the biggest bunch of dumb-fucks in the world with our "handling" of the COVID virus. It has been beyond idiotic. A pandemic is not a partisan issue. Tump is responsible for that one - but there has been a lot of stupidity by idoits in general. 

Hopefully, with Goldman Sachs coming out indicating usage of masks will prevent a 5% GDP loss, the nation will come together - and act responsibly. https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2020/06/30/goldman-sachs-face-mask-mandate-could-save-economy-5-hit/5349496002/

The world is watching and wondering whether the US Dollar should be Global Reserve Currency. If we lose that status, it's game over. 

• Like 7

10 hours ago, StassneyHorn said:

Trump’s Library will go where it belongs. In a Cosmetology college somewhere in a south Houston strip mall next to a seasonal Halloween store.

You think all the books will have the pictures scribbled in, or only most of them? 

56 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

I, too, was opposed to the Iraq invasion. Hillary and Kerry had to tap dance around the problem because the Dems could have blocked the resolution had they united in their votes. Here is the wikipedia tally.

The Dems were afraid of losing their seats so they cynically put up some resistance with safe seats and voted against principle in seats that could be lost. It was cowardly.

Dennis Kucinich was a notable opposer of the war on the Dem presidential debate stage among other leading candidates who'd given in. Hillary and Kerry tried to explain their votes but it came across as the waffle fest that it was.

Like I said earlier, I usually vote straight Democrat, but it turns my stomach sometimes.

I was on an undercover assignment in Edinburgh Scotland when the run up to the vote happened.  I was hanging with the Scottish protesters getting high fives and a bit of ass here and there.

Edinburgh... my kind of town; well after those like Jakarta, Bangkok, Ho Chi Minh, Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Hong Kong, etc. etc. etc...  I got a type.

22 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

The world is watching and wondering whether the US Dollar should be Global Reserve Currency. If we lose that status, it's game over. 

Right here, this is what would bring on the ultimate collapse.  I have no idea if it's going to happen or not, but every financial disaster is caused by a liquidity squeeze.  With the Fed pumping trillions into the economy a domestic liquidity squeeze isn't a problem as evidenced by the stock market being higher now at cough cough 11% unemployment than it was at 3.5% unemployment.

Once the rest of the world decides there is an alternative to the USD then that's your ultimate liquidity crisis and everything will go from hunky dory to absolute shit in about 15 minutes.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Kelley Anne’s daughter is getting in on the “Talk shit about my mom’s (wife’s) boss on Twitter” just like dear old dad.

I'm glad she finds it fun.  I don't find this shit fun at all.

Maybe her mom should drop dead from the 'Rona to let her know how fun this is.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Mo Horn said:

I really don't get why the GOP hasn't jumped ship yet. Dotard's numbers are crashing and they are only hurting themselves by hanging on.

They've spent the last three and a half years painting themselves into a corner. There's nowhere to go.

• Like 1

I agree to an extent and could bore everyone with a detailed response about the nuances of some of the aye Dems, but truth be told I'm too shocked at the realization that it's been eighteen years since that vote.

Man. That feels like ten years ago. I was super-charged politically back then and opposition to the Iraq War was central to that. I can't believe that the first wave of those kids born that year have graduated high school.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

• Like 1

They've spent the last three and a half years painting themselves into a corner. There's nowhere to go.

For four years, they’ve been trying to wait out Trump. At this time, four years ago, they were waiting for him to lose to Clinton. Then they would be able to say, “see, we agree with you, we tried to elect a candidate who would build a racist wall, but that doesn’t win elections.” That way they would keep Trump voters (aka overt racists), but regain control of the party. Now they are patiently waiting for him to get drubbed by Biden. They don’t necessarily agree with Trump, but they won’t risk anything by opposing him. They’re like Vichy France, waiting for D-day.
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, washparkhorn said:

And I agree with the poster who said "Dems need to go high; and let the Never Trumpers Repubs go low." They will form the new base of the RNC once Trump is out. Trumpers will support them or just not vote. Dems go high so people can aspire - again. 

I disagree.  "Going high" is playing it safe, and will lose this election, and thus the Republic.

The Dems can go high AFTER Trump and the Trumpists are out of office.  For now, it's total war.  Bomb cities, mine the ports, sink every Trump flagged ship, the whole nine yards.  The time for diplomacy and Marquess of Queensberry rules is long fucking past.  Play by those, and YOU.  WILL.   LOSE.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, washparkhorn said:

Hopefully, with Goldman Sachs coming out indicating usage of masks will prevent a 5% GDP loss, the nation will come together - and act responsibly. https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2020/06/30/goldman-sachs-face-mask-mandate-could-save-economy-5-hit/5349496002/

You'd think that would get through to a certain segment of the knuckle- and hoople-heads, but I fear a lot of them will just be

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

And let's be up-front about this: if Trump and the GOP pull that, it will be civil war, and I will be one of the people taking up arms.

The GOP thinks that no non-GOP-fellater has weapons.  They're really, really, really fucking wrong.  I think it's fucking hideous that good and peaceful citizens are actually having conversations about how they would resist, with force, an unlawful overthrow of the democratic process, but I damned well know the conversation is happening.

When the election is over, Trump best get the fuck out of our house, or we'll need to evict him ourselves.

Pretty much this. If that scenario plays out, I am taking up arms to oust a dictator 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Couple of problems with that scenario,

1. Trump and everyone around Trump is incompetent and wouldn't know how to pull this off.

2. The military has made it clear they will not support Trump if he loses

3. The GOP will no longer have any use for Trump because his power will be gone. They will turn on him right quick

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

1. Trump and everyone around Trump is incompetent and wouldn't know how to pull this off.

3. The GOP will no longer have any use for Trump because his power will be gone. They will turn on him right quick

Yeah but that’s a truly depressing read.

• Hook 'Em 1

So in that scenario, the EC totals for Arizona, Michigan, Wisconsin, and Pennsylvania are just never counted? 

Also, lets make it enough of a bloodbath to where Biden gets to 270 anyway. Looking at you, Ohio, Georgia, and Texas. 

10 minutes ago, Red Five said:

So in that scenario, the EC totals for Arizona, Michigan, Wisconsin, and Pennsylvania are just never counted? 

Also, lets make it enough of a bloodbath to where Biden gets to 270 anyway. Looking at you, Ohio, Georgia, and Texas. 

You can look at those 3 states but you won’t like what you see.  All will be Red again.  The Dems need the Blue Wall in WI/MI/PA to come back and then tack on AZ, CO, NC and I believe that would do it but you need a mathematics degree to figure out the electoral college in this country or at least 3/5ths of a degree.

47 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

4. John Roberts isn't going to let his court sanction this type of shit. There would need to be some actual evidence of "chinese voter fraud" or whatever that article said for Roberts to even start considering the "emergency" as legitimate. It would be like his DACA ruling. The standard for overturning an administrative decision is really high with a ton of deference to the executive branch, but it still has to have reasons and be legal. Saying "chinese interference' isn't enough.

Edited by 'stache
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Gourmand said:

I agree to an extent and could bore everyone with a detailed response about the nuances of some of the aye Dems, but truth be told I'm too shocked at the realization that it's been eighteen years since that vote.

Man. That feels like ten years ago. I was super-charged politically back then and opposition to the Iraq War was central to that. I can't believe that the first wave of those kids born that year have graduated high school.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Same here. As I was trying to recall what I was watching fairly closely, I was surprised at how fuzzy some of my memory was. I went to the wiki page to see what happened rather than to support what I remembered. 

Love the Astrodome avatar. I was there for the exhibition game against the Yankees when the Dome was brand, sparkling new. Everybody dressed up like they were going to church. There were hostesses at the head of every aisle to assist you. I think it was called the Harris County Domed Stadium at the time.