Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

57 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

Couple of problems with that scenario,

1. Trump and everyone around Trump is incompetent and wouldn't know how to pull this off.

2. The military has made it clear they will not support Trump if he loses

3. The GOP will no longer have any use for Trump because his power will be gone. They will turn on him right quick

1. Bill Barr seems pretty competent at corruption. And it takes competence and skill to be a real leader. Any brute can be a dictator if he has the power. 

2. Have they? Or has that just come from retired generals? What if the sitting Commander in Chief declares that he didn't lose the election and is backed up by the Justice Department?

3. What if the result of the election is that the GOP loses control of the Senate? You think Moscow Mitch would no longer have any use for Trump?

It can happen here. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Red Five said:

So in that scenario, the EC totals for Arizona, Michigan, Wisconsin, and Pennsylvania are just never counted? 

Also, lets make it enough of a bloodbath to where Biden gets to 270 anyway. Looking at you, Ohio, Georgia, and Texas. 

How about Florida?  

54 minutes ago, Woland said:

If we are destined to become a dictatorship, is there anyway to request a competent dictator?

Or what about something like those alien tyrannies from the old Star Trek show, where women run the whole planet and dudes just lounge around eating grapes and romantically servicing their women overlords on request? If we’re not going to be free, we might as well have comfortable sofas, all the grapes we can eat, and sex.

• Like 6

Guest Lobo

6 weeks to make a half-baked legal case that somebody or something interfered with the ballot validity in a just four states, provided the two candidates are within 5-figures of each other?  You guys don't think they can pull that off?  They absolutely can.  

That article was very insightful, but I kinda wish they hadn't written it.  Not because I'm depressed, but because it articulated exactly what needs to be done far better than Barr could have done.  He can now just cut and paste that and send his minions on their way to begin laying the groundwork for not voter suppression, but for voter fraud pouting in those four states.  

Curious that they failed to point out something that'll be obvious about the Trumpers this election cycle.  If our ballot system is so vulnerable that China could easily target our most critical counties in our most critical states with relative ease, then couldn't have Russia also interfered in our system in 2016?  China makes an obvious scapegoat since even Democrats are pissed off at them right now for the Covid-19 hush job between November-February.  But ultimately, Trump supporters are the first to deny voter suppression and voter fraud.  

"It's so easy to vote in America, just bring your ID"

"Ain't no voter suppression!  Just lazy people who can't be bothered to do it!  I do mine's patriotic duty!"   

"There was no fraud in 2016, people just didn't like the outcome!  Our system can't be touched or topped!  Screw your conspiracy theories about foreign interference, my guy won fair and square."   

They've been clamoring this shit for 4 years.  And now their guy is gonna try to claim it, that his people were turned away by fear of the virus (the older ones anyway), that China fucked with our mail-in ballots or electronic ballot readers, that massive boogey-man fraud existed.  It's gonna take them awhile to pivot and change their tune.  They're used to it by now, but they've never seen one of his idiotic rants actually erase an entire election cycle, something we even managed to avoid during the Civil War.  

9 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

Or what about something like those alien tyrannies from the old Star Trek show, where women run the whole planet and dudes just lounge around eating grapes and romantically servicing their women overlords on request? If we’re not going to be free, we might as well have comfortable sofas, all the grapes we can eat, and sex.

I like you, Brick.  You can have a seat on my ledge.

7 minutes ago, Lobo said:

6 weeks to make a half-baked legal case that somebody or something interfered with the ballot validity in a just four states, provided the two candidates are within 5-figures of each other?  You guys don't think they can pull that off?  They absolutely can.  

That article was very insightful, but I kinda wish they hadn't written it.  Not because I'm depressed, but because it articulated exactly what needs to be done far better than Barr could have done.  He can now just cut and paste that and send his minions on their way to begin laying the groundwork for not voter suppression, but for voter fraud pouting in those four states.  

Curious that they failed to point out something that'll be obvious about the Trumpers this election cycle.  If our ballot system is so vulnerable that China could easily target our most critical counties in our most critical states with relative ease, then couldn't have Russia also interfered in our system in 2016?  China makes an obvious scapegoat since even Democrats are pissed off at them right now for the Covid-19 hush job between November-February.  But ultimately, Trump supporters are the first to deny voter suppression and voter fraud.  

"It's so easy to vote in America, just bring your ID"

"Ain't no voter suppression!  Just lazy people who can't be bothered to do it!  I do mine's patriotic duty!"   

"There was no fraud in 2016, people just didn't like the outcome!  Our system can't be touched or topped!  Screw your conspiracy theories about foreign interference, my guy won fair and square."   

They've been clamoring this shit for 4 years.  And now their guy is gonna try to claim it, that his people were turned away by fear of the virus (the older ones anyway), that China fucked with our mail-in ballots or electronic ballot readers, that massive boogey-man fraud existed.  It's gonna take them awhile to pivot and change their tune.  They're used to it by now, but they've never seen one of his idiotic rants actually erase an entire election cycle, something we even managed to avoid during the First Civil War.  

1 -- dude, cognitive dissonance is our brand.  These guys will say, in the same breath "there was no foreign interference in 2016, Trump won fair and square, and China interfered in 2020, Trump was cheated!"

2 -- I corrected your Civil War reference for accuracy.

20 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Have they? Or has that just come from retired generals? What if the sitting Commander in Chief declares that he didn't lose the election and is backed up by the Justice Department?

If he loses in November it's a certainty Dotard will seek to undermine the election results. Donald Trump does not lose contests, he wins them or he quits them because they are unfair.

Surely such a scenario has been contemplated by top brass, even if just silently in their own heads. They must see that Trump's corrupt, erratic nature is clearly a danger to the country they swore to protect. Trump's oath of office meant as much to him as his wedding vows.

I need to read up on what constitutes an unlawful order before he makes Nuremberg Great again.

Guest Lobo
6 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

100% chance of this happening.  100%.

So it took Chinese people 4 additional years to surpass Russia in computer hacking?  You know how many ethnic stereotype dominoes need to fall in order for that logical fallacy to take root in most Trump supporters?  

Edited by Lobo

2 minutes ago, Lobo said:

So it took Chinese people 4 additional years to surpass Russia in computer hacking?  You know how many ethnic stereotype dominoes need to fall in order for that logical fallacy to take root in most Trump supporters?  

Dude.  Cognitive dissonance.  All things are possible inside the empty skull of a Trumpster.

• Like 1

Guest Lobo
3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Cognitive dissonance.  All things are possible inside the empty skull of a Trumpster.

Cock Disconnect?  That sounds like a love poem from Dan Patrick to his "friend" in Thailand.  

1 minute ago, HornOnTheBayou said:

How has Trump not rage-tweeted about the Washington football team changing their name? Certainly, it's been mentioned on Fox News this morning so he has to know about it. Maybe his aides finally got smart and hid his phone.

He’s on the course. 

2 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

1. Bill Barr seems pretty competent at corruption. And it takes competence and skill to be a real leader. Any brute can be a dictator if he has the power. 

2. Have they? Or has that just come from retired generals? What if the sitting Commander in Chief declares that he didn't lose the election and is backed up by the Justice Department?

3. What if the result of the election is that the GOP loses control of the Senate? You think Moscow Mitch would no longer have any use for Trump?

It can happen here. 

Yep. I don't know what's going to happen, but this isn't a political philosophical struggle. This is a criminal organization, the GOP, trying to remain prosecution proof. Of course Trump couldn't plan this, but Mitch and his mob love this kind of shit. They'll want to stave off losing power as long as they can. Their nightmare is committees in both houses tearing apart their precious little enterprise.

I don't know what they can pull off, but it's silly to underestimate the ruthless, soulless, integrity-free GOP when it comes to what they may do to thwart this democracy.

BLM has done so brilliantly at leading the demonstrations, I hope we can rely on them for strategies for paralyzing the country until Trump and Mitch cede power.

3 hours ago, Red Five said:

So in that scenario, the EC totals for Arizona, Michigan, Wisconsin, and Pennsylvania are just never counted? 

Also, lets make it enough of a bloodbath to where Biden gets to 270 anyway. Looking at you, Ohio, Georgia, and Texas. 

Florida and North Carolina are far more important/realistic than those states.

4 hours ago, Michael Knight said:

Couple of problems with that scenario,

1. Trump and everyone around Trump is incompetent and wouldn't know how to pull this off.

2. The military has made it clear they will not support Trump if he loses

3. The GOP will no longer have any use for Trump because his power will be gone. They will turn on him right quick

The other issue.... is the DOJ is almost about to turn on Barr, this would probably ensure they would and SCOTUS would have to be party to the situation and Roberts has shown no appetite to go down in history as a traitorous CJ.  It's a depressing read and yes the Dems should be prepared for such a scenario but it's very, very remote it could or would happen even if Donny wants this deep down.  And frankly, if he did this, I think he'd be killed within 6 months.

• Like 1

The other issue.... is the DOJ is almost about to turn on Barr, this would probably ensure they would and SCOTUS would have to be party to the situation and Roberts has shown no appetite to go down in history as a traitorous CJ.  It's a depressing read and yes the Dems should be prepared for such a scenario but it's very, very remote it could or would happen even if Donny wants this deep down.  And frankly, if he did this, I think he'd be killed within 6 months.

I was mentally including them already in the fuckstomping.

4 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

I disagree.  "Going high" is playing it safe, and will lose this election, and thus the Republic.

The Dems can go high AFTER Trump and the Trumpists are out of office.  For now, it's total war.  Bomb cities, mine the ports, sink every Trump flagged ship, the whole nine yards.  The time for diplomacy and Marquess of Queensberry rules is long fucking past.  Play by those, and YOU.  WILL.   LOSE.

Patriot Act had a good episode on our elections.  One of the points was that our two party system has evolved into us more often than not voting against someone we don't like instead of for someone we like.  Issues and plans are to be attacked, see ACA, Green Deal, and a myriad of other things.   Dems by their nature often want to moreso be elected for the things they can do, than be elected simply because their opponent is dog shit.  But the GOP gets this, and thus keeps fueling the hate vote.   

I think they need to find a way to get voters to hate Trump and his enablers by pointing out what all these people haven't done, how their inaction over the years has brought us to this point, greatly accelerating our decline by allowing Trump and Barr to run unfettered through our constitution.  

He also does a great job of describing ranked choice voting as a way to take down the two party system.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BrickHorn said:

DO NOT WANT!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The biggest point people keep missing about this Trump/Barr takeover is it won't happen if we have a Senate that isn't in his pocket.  Taking control of the Senate again is as big or bigger than getting Trump out of the WH.  If we had a Senate with any moral fiber, Trump would already be gone.  

People need to be reminded on a daily basis that Trump would not be Trump without McConnell, Cornyn, Grassley, Cruz, Graham, Collins, et al.  Those guys are the real villains here.  They are the ones who need to be castrated and stripped of all power.  

And the EC has no bearing on those people staying in power or being cast out.

• Like 4

Guest Lobo

How does the Democrats taking back control of the U.S. Senate (which I oppose, I like split governments with tons and tons of gridlock) defeat Trump if he decides to unconstitutionally cling to the Oval Office?  Any disruption to the higher body won't take place until late January, the EC is seated and cast in mid-December, some 5 weeks prior.  

3 minutes ago, pyrohornIII said:

The biggest point people keep missing about this Trump/Barr takeover is it won't happen if we have a Senate that isn't in his pocket.  Taking control of the Senate again is as big or bigger than getting Trump out of the WH.  If we had a Senate with any moral fiber, Trump would already be gone.  

People need to be reminded on a daily basis that Trump would not be Trump without McConnell, Cornyn, Grassley, Cruz, Graham, Collins, et al.  Those guys are the real villains here.  They are the ones who need to be castrated and stripped of all power.  

And the EC has no bearing on those people staying in power or being cast out.

Kinda my thinking, along with: the Senate flips.  At that point, let's assume that Herr Barr and Trump decide to play their legal hop scotch.  The new senate would be seated January 3.

At that point, you can assume impeachment proceedings would launch post haste.  Now....granted, the amount of damage in the interim is incalculable, and hell, there may be some some hidden provision (I'm not up to the Googling) where the President can prevent Congress from being seated or whatnot.  

I’m not sure why anyone thinks our institutions are going to save us if Trump refuses to leave.  There shouldn’t be any “process” beyond the election. This shit about going through the courts and Congress is idiotic if you’ve been paying attention to how that’s been working.  If Trump refuses to leave it will be on.  No more bullshit should be tolerated. Period.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Lobo said:

How does the Democrats taking back control of the U.S. Senate (which I oppose, I like split governments with tons and tons of gridlock) defeat Trump if he decides to unconstitutionally cling to the Oval Office?  Any disruption to the higher body won't take place until late January, the EC is seated and cast in mid-December, some 5 weeks prior.  

Like Francisco said, they would convene and immediately ask the House to begin an impeachment investigation.   I would bet Pelosi already has enough to open a new one already, not even considering the shennigans from now until then.   Even if he were to get the election thwarted, I would assume that he and his VP being impeached to be replaced by Speaker of the House would be in play.     The problem there would be if he were to replace Pence with Haley or whoever.   Then the House would have to dig up stuff on the replacement VP, when they already have it on Pence.    But we don't know if Trump will take the risk of putting Pence out to pasture.   

The GOP has been masters at gridlocking our government, so much to the point that our country is more and more running on "acting" appointees and Executive Orders.  They held all three branches of govt. in 2016-17 and did nothing but that joke of a tax reform package.   Gridlock is choking us.   It's time to run this country for all Americans and not just the ultra wealthy puppet masters.    

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I’m not sure why anyone thinks our institutions are going to save us if Trump refuses to leave.  There shouldn’t be any “process” beyond the election. This shit about going through the courts and Congress is idiotic if you’ve been paying attention to how that’s been working.  If Trump refuses to leave it will be on.  No more bullshit should be tolerated. Period.

I have no problem with this.  But even if we are thrown into some revolution to oust him, we still need to repair the system that got him there.   Up until this administration we had always expected people to play by certain unspoken rules, like tax return disclosures, timely appointment of judges, actually confirming appointments, etc.   

Even if we go full tilt civil war over this piece of crap, we need a government to be standing after it's over.  I think more than enough loopholes have been exposed to get a good start on fixing what is broken.   We won't see that begin with the Senate under the red thumb.

5 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

I have no idea how reliable this sight is, but I'd bet any amount that it's true. 

It's pretty much a lock.  All norms of the office have been shat upon by this admin, it should be expected that they'll spew one last runny turd at the literal last seconds of their admin.

5 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

And let's be up-front about this: if Trump and the GOP pull that, it will be civil war, and I will be one of the people taking up arms.

I hope there are a lot more people of this mindset.  because really, that should have started a long time ago - when it became crystal clear that Trump and all of his Republican enablers were traitors - after Helsinki, after Republicans shirked their duty to vote for Trump’s removal in the impeachment proceedings, and dozens of other instances.   the use of widespread and organized force and violence to remove Republicans is long overdue.  

13 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

Kelley Anne’s daughter is getting in on the “Talk shit about my mom’s (wife’s) boss on Twitter” just like dear old dad.

Anyone look at her profile pic?

Why didn't 15 year olds look that way in the late 80s?

41 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I'll go ahead and write it again.

How strange is it that we are wondering about the disposition of the Army and Secret Service as a handover of power approaches? Did anyone here think such a day would come? I sure as hell didn't.

It used to be a tiresome, cornball part of the process that news anchors and analysts would wax about our amazing tradition of smooth transfer of power. It goes back to Washington. Now it doesn't strike me as cornball or tiresome. It really is a huge deal that we managed that for 200 years with only one rebellion.

I read the New Yorker article about Fiona Hill. It reviews things we know but in more detail with a look inside the sick world of the White House. I maintained the respect for her that she gained with her testimony. She believes the world looks at the US now as an object of pity. That's better than scorn or hate, but it cuts deep into a citizen's pride to hear something that sounds so likely.

The United States as a literally diseased nation flopping around with no real leadership, only a would be autocrat whose administration daily undermines what we could actually take pride in: a pretty well run democracy. Imperfect, too infected with money, but not too bad in the context of world history.

Anybody writing a school paper predicting this 10, 20, 40 years ago would have been laughed out of class.

3 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

I'll go ahead and write it again.

How strange is it that we are wondering about the disposition of the Army and Secret Service as a handover of power approaches? Did anyone here think such a day would come? I sure as hell didn't.

It used to be a tiresome, cornball part of the process that news anchors and analysts would wax about our amazing tradition of smooth transfer of power. It goes back to Washington. Now it doesn't strike me as cornball or tiresome. It really is a huge deal that we managed that for 200 years with only one rebellion.

I read the New Yorker article about Fiona Hill. It reviews things we know but in more detail with a look inside the sick world of the White House. I maintained the respect for her that she gained with her testimony. She believes the world looks at the US now as an object of pity. That's better than scorn or hate, but it cuts deep into a citizen's pride to hear something that sounds so likely.

The United States as a literally diseased nation flopping around with no real leadership, only a would be autocrat whose administration daily undermines what we could actually take pride in: a pretty well run democracy. Imperfect, too infected with money, but not too bad in the context of world history.

Anybody writing a school paper predicting this 10, 20, 40 years ago would have been laughed out of class.

On the pity thing, that 100% lines up with my (admittedly anecdotal) experience.  We have friends in various places in Europe, Canada, Mexico, and South America.  Uniformly, that's their take.  They see us as pathetic, and feel sorry for us.

And as for the school paper.....we should have seen it coming.  It's been baked in for a while.  But a lot had to go wrong to make it THIS bad.  Turns out, we hit every traffic signal perfectly to bring it about.  It cannot be overstated how truly fucked we are.  

Trump is going to tweet a bunch of stupid shit. The transition will be a logistical and optical clusterfuck. But some of y'all need to stop huffing glue. The transition will take place, there will not be a secret service agent dragging him out of the white house.  

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Superhero said:

Anyone look at her profile pic?

Why didn't 15 year olds look that way in the late 80s?

We had some like that in my high school. There was this one girl named Becky that looked like Jessica Simpson in The Dukes of Hazzard. She would sun tan by the baseball field during practice. She said that she always wore a bikini under her clothes so that she could strip down and tan whenever she had the opportunity. Her 30 year old boyfriend used to pick her up from school because she wasn't old enough to drive.