Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

1 hour ago, Brandywine said:

It's scary that parts of America is acting very similar to pre WW2 Germany in so many ways. 

I think the better comparison is the authoritarian dictatorships in Latin America in the 70's and 80's (Pinochet in Chile, the Argentinian Dirty War, Guatemala etc) in which the military and political leadership waged war on intellectual elites, academics, and "leftist subversives." Anyone who opposed them was deemed an enemy of the state, and elections were either stolen outright or canceled due to some national emergency. Trump's rhetoric is frighteningly similar to those same dictators the US gov't helped propped up in its war against leftist movements in Latin America. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, mdmost said:

hilarious, as always.

but brings up a better point here.  if he's never really in close proximity with people (which sounds right, he's the president), then how are the big muscled teary-eyed 401k central casting dudes supposed to come up and hug him and call him sir?

1 hour ago, Gil Bang said:

https://www.kqed.org/arts/13849625/pandoras-new-corporate-parents-gave-millions-to-trump-gop

Pandora Media shareholders voted Tuesday to approve its $3.5 billion acquisition by satellite radio company Sirius XM, adding the struggling webcaster and one of Oakland's largest employers to the portfolio of major Donald Trump and Republican Party donors at parent company Liberty Media.

The deal consolidates Pandora and Sirius XM under the control of Liberty Media, a Colorado company owned and run by conservative donors, at a time when music industry political giving and tech ties to the Trump administration are increasingly scrutinized. Policy experts also say the merger empowers a company that’s aggressively fought to suppress royalty payments for artists and copyright holders.

1 hour ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

https://www.kqed.org/arts/13849625/pandoras-new-corporate-parents-gave-millions-to-trump-gop

Pandora Media shareholders voted Tuesday to approve its $3.5 billion acquisition by satellite radio company Sirius XM, adding the struggling webcaster and one of Oakland's largest employers to the portfolio of major Donald Trump and Republican Party donors at parent company Liberty Media.

The deal consolidates Pandora and Sirius XM under the control of Liberty Media, a Colorado company owned and run by conservative donors, at a time when music industry political giving and tech ties to the Trump administration are increasingly scrutinized. Policy experts also say the merger empowers a company that’s aggressively fought to suppress royalty payments for artists and copyright holders.

Welp, not that I used it much anyway, but they don't get my $5.40/month no more!

34 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

there's an old rocky and bullwinkle statue up the street that really comforts me.  can we make sure this gets into the trump plan of statue protection?

Rocky and Bullwinkle, West Hollywood, California

That is great, but I bet Trump would have preferred Boris & Natasha.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

I would not be shocked if they were trying to reference "Christ of the Ozarks" in Eureka Springs, AR but got the Rio predecessor instead, because they're stupid.

Christ of the Ozarks - Wikipedia

Give White Trash Jesus some "wings" for his mullet and put a Busch lite tallboy in each hand. 

24 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

vote this fucker out.  i'm so tired of this shit.

Seriously, go to the football board and check out the thread I have about the name change. If that's any indication, this pathetic shit plays all too well to a lot of dickheads out there. He's going full on for voting block of the fragile white men in this country. 

Edited by mdmost
  • Like 2

The best I can figure is there is a group of big investors who are going to invest anyway.  Possibly PACs in that as well?   Anyway, if they have earmarked 100K for a particular candidate, then the candidate's campaign uses that pledged money to make these matching donations.   

So if they come out and say 5 times your donation, and you donate 100 bucks, then they match it with $500 from the already pledged $100,000.  Basically using it as bait for the additional funds, 20K from small donors in this case.

There are a lot of D PACs and candidates doing this too.   End Citizens United is one of them.  

22 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Today is the first day I've bought into the "he's trying to lose" argument.  

yep.  he can only play the "election was rigged" card if he loses.  so he needs to guarantee the L.  

then the question becomes whether he actually wants to leave the White House or does he want put in play the "emergency powers" investigation to stay in office.  i think he wants out but will use the rigged election excuse, the way he still uses the illegal voters excuse for losing the popular vote against Hillary.

4 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

yep.  he can only play the "election was rigged" card if he loses.  so he needs to guarantee the L.  

he's been bitching and moaning about the 2016 results and he won, so i'm not sure i agree with your police work there, lou.

• Like 1