Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

50 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

vote this fucker out.  i'm so tired of this shit.

Lol, there's a reply from someone saying she is "Native American and not offended by the names".  Then you click on her handle and it's a 50s white woman taking the Q Anon pledge.  These people are not sane.

47 minutes ago, Red Five said:

This is starting to feel like Costanza dragging the Yankees' World Series trophies behind his car. 

My wife suggested he was trying to lose last week and I asked how long until he put on a body suit and went streaking across the white house lawn?

40 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

he's been bitching and moaning about the 2016 results and he won, so i'm not sure i agree with your police work there, lou.

bitching and moaning about losing the popular vote in California because of illegal brown voters is different than claiming the entire election was rigged against him, but you know that.  that's what he wants to do in 2020.  hell, he wanted to do that in 2016.  he was already proclaiming that if he lost to Crooked Hillary, it was because the election was rigged. but he won.  this go around, he needs to guarantee he loses to use that excuse.  no half measures.  he's gonna go full on racist to make sure he loses.  then we'll hear that the 2020 election was rigged against him in all the key battleground states that he loses.

22 minutes ago, Skyline said:

I'm glad that most of these are falling on deaf ears now. He's indefensible with the covid shit happening. 

We’ve said it before, but in case there’s people who haven’t gotten it through their  heads, Trump and his supporters entire platform centers on racism.   It is the center and core of the way they view life and make decisions.   It is what they are essentially all about.

3 minutes ago, DigDug said:

We’ve said it before, but in case there’s people who haven’t gotten it through their  heads, Trump and his supporters entire platform centers on racism.   It is the center and core of the way they view life and make decisions.   It is what they are essentially all about.

Always has been.

On the other hand it's good to see him floundering about for some sort of culture war to stick in the public discourse and it just isn't. I don't feel sorry for him. 

2 hours ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

https://www.kqed.org/arts/13849625/pandoras-new-corporate-parents-gave-millions-to-trump-gop

Pandora Media shareholders voted Tuesday to approve its $3.5 billion acquisition by satellite radio company Sirius XM, adding the struggling webcaster and one of Oakland's largest employers to the portfolio of major Donald Trump and Republican Party donors at parent company Liberty Media.

The deal consolidates Pandora and Sirius XM under the control of Liberty Media, a Colorado company owned and run by conservative donors, at a time when music industry political giving and tech ties to the Trump administration are increasingly scrutinized. Policy experts also say the merger empowers a company that’s aggressively fought to suppress royalty payments for artists and copyright holders.

And their flagship "brand" is Howard Stern, who calls Trump a dipshit several times a day. 

37 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

I'm putting the over/under on him dropping the n-word at 100%, most likely before the end of the month. I would have given it to November, but he has already got this shit at a 10. It only goes to 11.

100% would not be surprised given the tweet about Bubba Wallace this morning. 

33 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

My wife suggested he was trying to lose last week and I asked how long until he put on a body suit and went streaking across the white house lawn?

Smells that way after one of his kids tweeted about YUGE projects in China and Middle-East. The entire family is dropping this now, so in November they can say "So what if we lost, we still have options."

Except they won't have options when he's not the president and doesn't have anything to give back. No quid pro quo.

12 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

Gawd, please just go play golf or something. He has absolutely nothing to do but sit around and text shit. 

I'd prefer if he went to pound-me-in-the-ass prison instead. Put in general population with the thugs and ANTIFA terrorists. Bet he would last as long as a pederast.

1 minute ago, henrygandorf said:

everybody says this, but i don't really buy it.

in my experience, there are people that have this word in ~regular usage, and there's everybody else.  if this was a word he threw around, we'd have heard him say it by now, either on recording/video pre-presidency, or when he goes off-script at his rallies/briefings.  in fact, i don't even think he's a racist, in the conventional sense of the word.  i've seen zero evidence that he treats poor white people better than poor black (or brown) people.  he treats everybody like shit, because he thinks everybody is beneath him, regardless of the color of their skin.  he's shitty to anyone who's not in a position to help him or give him things.

i believe that he uses racist/nationalist/supremacist language intentionally to rile up the racists that vote for him, because he's transactional and he only cares about getting elected.  he'd address the nation in black-face if he thought it would help him win. 

so you're saying you'll take the bet? I'll venmo you $ for a six-pack of your choice if we get through this month without him saying, writing, or re-tweeting that word.

5 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

so you're saying you'll take the bet? I'll venmo you $ for a six-pack of your choice if we get through this month without him saying, writing, or re-tweeting that word.

sure.

obviously the most likely culprit is re-tweeting some video where someone is heard saying it (just like the white power one), which is totally different.  it's also not ok, but definitely not the same as him saying it out loud.  it's just one of those words.  i'm not sure i could make it sound 'normal' if i had permission and was getting paid as an actor to say it in a period piece.

20 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

the fence is typically a mile or so inland from the actual border

Yea, I know, but just another example out of several million why this administration is a joke.  Why would you tweet a picture of yourself on the other side of the fence?

28 minutes ago, Art Vandelay said:

I didn't know about this. From your link:

...Geico 500 at Talladega Speedway in Alabama. That race was delayed one day due to weather, and before the race began on Monday, the entire field of drivers rallied behind Wallace, pushing his car to the start line in a show of solidarity.

That's fantastic! I've only shallowly followed this story, so maybe a few others here were also not in the know. Good for NASCAR.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

I’ll take the bet. 

4 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

not sure where this goes, but jfc. hang them all:

That's not all.  From the article:

Some entities connected to Congress, which authored and passed the PPP program, also benefited from it—including, seemingly, lawmakers themselves. Businesses owned by Rep. Markwayne Mullin (R-OK) received up to $800,000 in loans, per the new disclosure, and four other members of Congress had already reportedly got PPP loans through their business ventures. Rep. Devin Nunes (R-CA), in his most recent financial disclosure filing, reported owning between $50,000 and $100,000 in equity in a California winery, Phase 2 Cellars. That winery received a PPP loan worth between $1 million and $2 million.

46 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

the fence is typically a mile or so inland from the actual border

Now, is this the fence portion that already had funding from way back when, or is this the fence that was built with the siphoning of defense department funds?

No doubt this has neo nazi Stephen Miller's fingerprints all over it.

International students may need to leave US if their universities transition to online-only learning

Priscilla Alvarez byline

By Priscilla Alvarez, CNN

Updated 4:24 PM ET, Mon July 6, 2020

(CNN)International students who are pursuing degrees in the United States will have to leave the country or risk deportation if their universities switch to online-only courses, Immigration and Customs Enforcement announced Monday.

The move may affect thousands of foreign students who come to the United States to attend universities or participate in training programs, as well as non-academic or vocational studies.
Universities nationwide are beginning to make the decision to transition to online courses as a result of the coronavirus pandemic. At Harvard, for example, all course instruction will be delivered online, including for students living on campus. For international students, that opens the door to them having to leave the US.
In a news release Monday, ICE said that students who fall under certain visas "may not take a full online course load and remain in the United States," adding, "The U.S. Department of State will not issue visas to students enrolled in schools and/or programs that are fully online for the fall semester nor will U.S. Customs and Border Protection permit these students to enter the United States."

The agency suggested that students currently enrolled in the US consider other measures, like transferring to schools with in-person instruction. There's an exception for universities using a hybrid model, such as a mix of online and in-person classes.
Visa requirements for students have always been strict and coming to the US to take online-only courses has been prohibited.
"These are not some fly-by-night universities, these aren't scams, these are legit universities who would normally have in-person curricula but for coronavirus," said Theresa Cardinal Brown, director of immigration and cross-border policy at the Bipartisan Policy Center. 
"The bigger issue is some of these countries have travel restrictions on and they can't go home, so what do they do then?" she added. "It's a conundrum for a lot of students."
This is a breaking story and will be updated.

2 hours ago, pyrohornIII said:

The best I can figure is there is a group of big investors who are going to invest anyway.  Possibly PACs in that as well?   Anyway, if they have earmarked 100K for a particular candidate, then the candidate's campaign uses that pledged money to make these matching donations.   

So if they come out and say 5 times your donation, and you donate 100 bucks, then they match it with $500 from the already pledged $100,000.  Basically using it as bait for the additional funds, 20K from small donors in this case.

There are a lot of D PACs and candidates doing this too.   End Citizens United is one of them.  

Or, you know, they're lying.

• Like 2

everybody says this, but i don't really buy it.
in my experience, there are people that have this word in ~regular usage, and there's everybody else.  if this was a word he threw around, we'd have heard him say it by now, either on recording/video pre-presidency, or when he goes off-script at his rallies/briefings.  in fact, i don't even think he's a racist, in the conventional sense of the word.  i've seen zero evidence that he treats poor white people better than poor black (or brown) people.  he treats everybody like shit, because he thinks everybody is beneath him, regardless of the color of their skin.  he's shitty to anyone who's not in a position to help him or give him things.
i believe that he uses racist/nationalist/supremacist language intentionally to rile up the racists that vote for him, because he's transactional and he only cares about getting elected.  he'd address the nation in black-face if he thought it would help him win. 
I'm more or less on the same page. Except I think he calculates and creates very little. All his slogans are the work of others. He is the Id personified that was let loose and fed uppers with the entire world at his disposal. It's constantly scanning for another hit. Nothing more. It doesn't care about anything else. And it's purely binary thinking. If you satisfy the Id you are the smartest bestest. If you injure the Id you are bad, which makes it sad. His lexicon is absorbed from his surroundings like a horrible bizarre world The Dude. If he says something and it's cheered he says it again.
If Fox News had a piece on * the war on using the N word, " Trump would sound like Clayton Bigsby the next day.

Fox and Breitbart know how the game is played.
  • Like 1