Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

2 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

He's never listened to Charlie Daniels in his entire fucking life.  Good grief.  He might as well go up to someone at his next nazi rally, bop them on the head with an inflatable bat, and go, "You dumb motherfucker!  Love ya!"

i can't explain it but that visual gave me serious giggles 😂

Edited by mchookem

I forgot how dumb markstanco was. Glad he could stop by and remind us. 
Yep pretty dumb because I called out your leader on dumb shit that all presidents do and don't agree with your politics.

What you have never seen of me is attacking the other side with hatred because they don't agree with me. Rep doesn't matter, but looking at it the last 24 hours on something that is truth is hilarious. Speak truth; get red.
  • Fuck You 1

2 hours ago, Ted Lange said:

I'm sure both are true.

I think I told this story on here before, but during the whole birther thing, I was at some bar event where his federal judge sister was speaking.  Someone asked her about birtherism, and she just said "Oh, that Donny" with a shake of her head at the ridiculousness.  

Hitler had a nephew that defected and went around telling everyone what a POS his uncle was.  He joined the US Navy and fought against his uncle in WW2.
Not that this has anything to do with Trump except the coincidence with his niece and the book.

That guy was a trump level asshole. He deserved the name Hitler.

4 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

He's never listened to Charlie Daniels in his entire fucking life.  Good grief.  He might as well go up to someone at his next nazi rally, bop them on the head with an inflatable bat, and go, "You dumb motherfucker!  Love ya!"

WRONG.  I love Charlie Daniels.  Fantastic country performer.    “Know when to hold em.  Know when to fold em.”  I love that song.

• Like 3

Guest Lobo
16 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Very true.  He not only testified, but threatening letters to all were produced.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/27/us/politics/trump-school-grades.html

I suppose it is conceivable that his SAT doesn't match up with his grades, raising the specter of either having cheated or being a complete lazy-ass.

I knew a few people with stellar SATs with bad high school and college grades and it was kind of an embarrassing reflection on work ethic.  In those cases, the people in question were undoubtedly smart.

Since 1964, Trump's SAT scores are still being audited and can't be released.  For 56 years, he's been claiming that, since he has the best words, that the verbal score was bullshit.  

His college applications overall, are still the subject of much scrutinizing and auditing.  For instance, his optional essay to Fordham was actually very well received.  It was about U.S. Tariffs.  The admissions panel found it wonderfully written, pithy, and even peppered with erudite humor.  The data was accurate and thought provoking.  But in the end, they realized he has been incorrectly arguing for U.S. trading partners the entire time.  In hindsight, many of them now feel he was the M. Night Shyamalan of Tariffs, that the trade deal was dead the entire time.  

l feel like the character in "Independence Day" who says "I've been sayin' it for ten damn years.  Haven't I been sayin' it, Miguel?"  Except I've been sayin' it for more like thirty years.  How in Hell does this clown Trump fool so many people?

Guest Lobo

Yeah he keeps using countries that had their shit together as examples of why reopening everything is a good idea.  You ever notice, Mr. President, that the nations that you openly mock and that openly mock you, are the ones reopening?  You think that's a coincidence.  

I can't remember the 80's show or movie, but the guys were talking about their betting strategies for sports.  And one guy looked at the doofus and said, "Whichever team he bets on, I bet the opposite."  Maybe Cheers, I googled it and a Michael Richards appearance on the show came up which is weird because I've already made Dr. Van Nostrand references this morning. 

Anyway, that's what other countries are basically doing right now to contain Covid-19.  They look and see what Trump is doing, and they do the opposite.  And it's working.  

16 minutes ago, Lagunamadre said:

1) They have responsible leaders, therefore, unlike the USA, they are not leading the world in new COVID cases. As such, they can reward themselves with normal life. 

2) Unless I was daydreaming in my middle school civics class, I could have sworn congress controls the purse strings. You can't cut shit you clown. 

3) Fuck Trump and anybody who supports this fucking cancer on our country. 

Unless you do what I want, you don't get the money. In other words, quid pro quo. At least he's consistent. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lagunamadre said:

1) They have responsible leaders, therefore, unlike the USA, they are not leading the world in new COVID cases. As such, they can reward themselves with normal life. 

2) Unless I was daydreaming in my middle school civics class, I could have sworn congress controls the purse strings. You can't cut shit you clown. 

3) Fuck Trump and anybody who supports this fucking cancer on our country. 

I literally just facepalmed when I read that tweet.

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Trump will sacrifice your kids to get re-elected. 

Trump would sacrifice a couple of his own kids to get re-elected. Only Ivanka has the immunity card. Barron would outwit, outplay, outlast the rest.

Vindman retires because his promotion is a political football that could potentially hold up promotions for everyone in his rank.  He was also told that he is burnt on his area of expertise (Eurasia) and would never work in it again.  Trump is the pettiest piece of shit on the planet, and I cant wish enough bad things on him and his enablers.  

• Like 4

Guest Lobo

Wow the head of the Executive Branch of the federal government is threatening to meet with some of the people under his authority?   Wow, that is leadership!   Some of y’all must be so proud!

9 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Wow the head of the Executive Branch of the federal government is threatening to meet with some of the people under his authority?   Wow, that is leadership!   Some of y’all must be so proud!

I feel so much safer when he’s golfing.

• Like 3

Umm, one of his example countries which opened WITH NO PROBLEMS, Sweden, has actually has a shitload of problems with their “we’re just gonna keep on keepin' on” approach to COVID-19. NYT had a big write up just yesterday, though I wouldn’t expect him to read the Times, or any other newspaper, or pay attention to his health experts, or the PDBs...

LONDON — Ever since the coronavirus emerged in Europe, Sweden has captured international attention by conducting an unorthodox, open-air experiment. It has allowed the world to examine what happens in a pandemic when a government allows life to carry on largely unhindered.

This is what has happened: Not only have thousands more people died than in neighboring countries that imposed lockdowns, but Sweden’s economy has fared little better.

“They literally gained nothing,” said Jacob F. Kirkegaard, a senior fellow at the Peterson Institute for International Economics in Washington. “It’s a self-inflicted wound, and they have no economic gains.”

The results of Sweden’s experience are relevant well beyond Scandinavian shores. In the United States, where the virus is spreading with alarming speed, many states have — at President Trump’s urging — avoided lockdowns or lifted them prematurely on the assumption that this would foster economic revival, allowing people to return to workplaces, shops and restaurants.

In Britain, Prime Minister Boris Johnson — previously hospitalized with Covid-19 — reopened pubs and restaurants last weekend in a bid to restore normal economic life.

Implicit in these approaches is the assumption that governments must balance saving lives against the imperative to spare jobs, with the extra health risks of rolling back social distancing potentially justified by a resulting boost to prosperity. But Sweden’s grim result — more death, and nearly equal economic damage — suggests that the supposed choice between lives and paychecks is a false one: A failure to impose social distancing can cost lives and jobs at the same time.

Sweden put stock in the sensibility of its people as it largely avoided imposing government prohibitions. The government allowed restaurants, gyms, shops, playgrounds and most schools to remain open. By contrast, Denmark and Norway opted for strict quarantines, banning large groups and locking down shops and restaurants.

More than three months later, the coronavirus is blamed for 5,420 deaths in Sweden, according to the World Health Organization. That might not sound especially horrendous compared with the more than 129,000 Americans who have died. But Sweden is a country of only 10 million people. Per million people, Sweden has suffered 40 percent more deaths than the United States, 12 times more than Norway, seven times more than Finland and six times more than Denmark.

Sweden’s central bank expects its economy to contract by 4.5 percent this year, a revision from a previously expected gain of 1.3 percent. The unemployment rate jumped to 9 percent in May from 7.1 percent in March. “The overall damage to the economy means the recovery will be protracted, with unemployment remaining elevated,” Oxford Economics concluded in a recent research note.

This is more or less how damage caused by the pandemic has played out in Denmark, where the central bank expects that the economy will shrink 4.1 percent this year, and where joblessness has edged up to 5.6 percent in May from 4.1 percent in March.

In short, Sweden suffered a vastly higher death rate while failing to collect on the expected economic gains.

The coronavirus does not stop at national borders. Despite the government’s decision to allow the domestic economy to roll on, Swedish businesses are stuck with the same conditions that produced recession everywhere else. And Swedish people responded to the fear of the virus by limiting their shopping — not enough to prevent elevated deaths, but enough to produce a decline in business activity.

Here is one takeaway with potentially universal import: It is simplistic to portray government actions such as quarantines as the cause of economic damage. The real culprit is the virus itself. From Asia to Europe to the Americas, the risks of the pandemic have disrupted businesses while prompting people to avoid shopping malls and restaurants, regardless of official policy.

Please read the rest here, and throw a subscription at them while you’re at it, it’s only about $4 a month. It’s like buying Maggie Haberman a coffee every month, for getting under that orange skin.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/07/business/sweden-economy-coronavirus.html

• Like 3

Slightly off topic, but relevant. Schools are asking for $250B federal assistance for additional teachers, OT, facilities and enhanced cleaning.

I fully understand the first 3. But on the 4th, I'll argue that having a janitorial staff do extra cleaning every night will not be as effective as having the kids clean their classrooms at the beginning of every school day. Kids in Japan and Taiwan clean their classrooms at least every week (and can do it every damn day) by sweeping, mopping, cleaning desks and windows, and taking out the trash. I did it when I went to school in Taiwan, and it took no more than 30 minutes to get the classroom sparkling. Having 25 (or in my case 50) kids cleaning their classrooms in 30 minutes will be a lot more effective than a crew of maybe janitor doing all that in the evening. Plus it teaches kids how to clean and develop good habits. It'll take a change in mindset, and parents to stop treating their kids like snowflakes, but this can be done cut down on some of the costs to taxpayers. 

Rant over.

• Like 7

17 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Yeah who would expect the President to meet with the CDC in a fucking pandemic?

• Like 1

Slightly off topic, but relevant. Schools are asking for $250B federal assistance for additional teachers, OT, facilities and enhanced cleaning.

I fully understand the first 3. But on the 4th, I'll argue that having a janitorial staff do extra cleaning every night will not be as effective as having the kids clean their classrooms at the beginning of every school day. Kids in Japan and Taiwan clean their classrooms at least every week (and can do it every damn day) by sweeping, mopping, cleaning desks and windows, and taking out the trash. I did it when I went to school in Taiwan, and it took no more than 30 minutes to get the classroom sparkling. Having 25 (or in my case 50) kids cleaning their classrooms in 30 minutes will be a lot more effective than a crew of maybe janitor doing all that in the evening. Plus it teaches kids how to clean and develop good habits. It'll take a change in mindset, and parents to stop treating their kids like snowflakes, but this can be done cut down on some of the costs to taxpayers. 

Rant over.

Your avatar sums up my thoughts on your plan.

Edited by HornOnTheBayou
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Superhero said:

Rant over.

Enhanced cleaning is usually someone spraying down the place not just mopping the floors.

gallery_medium.jpg

Edited by F250

2 hours ago, Lobo said:

Yeah he keeps using countries that had their shit together as examples of why reopening everything is a good idea.  You ever notice, Mr. President, that the nations that you openly mock and that openly mock you, are the ones reopening?  You think that's a coincidence.  

I can't remember the 80's show or movie, but the guys were talking about their betting strategies for sports.  And one guy looked at the doofus and said, "Whichever team he bets on, I bet the opposite."  Maybe Cheers, I googled it and a Michael Richards appearance on the show came up which is weird because I've already made Dr. Van Nostrand references this morning. 

Anyway, that's what other countries are basically doing right now to contain Covid-19.  They look and see what Trump is doing, and they do the opposite.  And it's working.  

There was an episode of Hogan's Heroes where a bomb dropped in the middle of the camp but did not explode.  After messing around with it and getting to the final choice of wires to cut for disarming, there was a red wire and blue wire.  Col. Klink said cut the red wire so Hogan cut the blue wire and the bomb disarmed.  When asked his logic, Hogan said whatever Klink said, he knew it would be wrong.

spacer.png

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Superhero said:

Rant over.

I wouldn’t want  kids on the younger end handling all of the chemicals.  Kindergarten teachers will have enough to worry about during this shitshow without having to make sure Lil’ Cayden isn’t drinking the bleach.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I'm just glad hes trying to prevent Governors from making it political

Just now, conVINCEd said:

I wouldn’t want  kids on the younger end handling all of the chemicals.  Kindergarten teachers will have enough to worry about during this shitshow without having to make sure Lil’ Cayden isn’t drinking the bleach.

A is for AJAX

B is for bleach

C is for Comet

m8320104-800px-wm.jpg