Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

Slightly off topic, but relevant. Schools are asking for $250B federal assistance for additional teachers, OT, facilities and enhanced cleaning.
I fully understand the first 3. But on the 4th, I'll argue that having a janitorial staff do extra cleaning every night will not be as effective as having the kids clean their classrooms at the beginning of every school day. Kids in Japan and Taiwan clean their classrooms at least every week (and can do it every damn day) by sweeping, mopping, cleaning desks and windows, and taking out the trash. I did it when I went to school in Taiwan, and it took no more than 30 minutes to get the classroom sparkling. Having 25 (or in my case 50) kids cleaning their classrooms in 30 minutes will be a lot more effective than a crew of maybe janitor doing all that in the evening. Plus it teaches kids how to clean and develop good habits. It'll take a change in mindset, and parents to stop treating their kids like snowflakes, but this can be done cut down on some of the costs to taxpayers. 
Rant over.

As a former teacher, I think this is a fine idea in theory. Also as a former teacher, I can promise you that school boards would be swamped with calls from angry mothers. It’s hard enough to enforce the kids picking up their own trash at lunch.
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Superhero said:

Slightly off topic, but relevant. Schools are asking for $250B federal assistance for additional teachers, OT, facilities and enhanced cleaning.

I fully understand the first 3. But on the 4th, I'll argue that having a janitorial staff do extra cleaning every night will not be as effective as having the kids clean their classrooms at the beginning of every school day. Kids in Japan and Taiwan clean their classrooms at least every week (and can do it every damn day) by sweeping, mopping, cleaning desks and windows, and taking out the trash. I did it when I went to school in Taiwan, and it took no more than 30 minutes to get the classroom sparkling. Having 25 (or in my case 50) kids cleaning their classrooms in 30 minutes will be a lot more effective than a crew of maybe janitor doing all that in the evening. Plus it teaches kids how to clean and develop good habits. It'll take a change in mindset, and parents to stop treating their kids like snowflakes, but this can be done cut down on some of the costs to taxpayers. 

Rant over.

There wasn't a highly infectious disease lurking about when you did that. It is not feasible since there is no plan to buy all students adequate PPE. The last item is the most important, imo. You don't want kids sent to petri dishes.

8 minutes ago, shnsajax said:

Ruling on Trump's taxes should come tomorrow. Should make for an interesting day on Twitter.

Please, oh please oh please 5lb 8 oz baby Jesus please get a favorable ruling for the Southern District of NY to open that shit up & whatever "I'm being audited" bullshit to vaporize.

Guest Lobo

Don't "Audits" by their very definition, have to have an end date?  Like "inquiries" or "investigations", if it's meant to last into perpetuity, shouldn't there be another term for it?  

1 minute ago, Lobo said:

Don't "Audits" by their very definition, have to have an end date?  

As a banker you should know that they never end. They just post up in your boardroom and come and ask you 50 different questions why this piece of paper has snot on it, but the previous 10 don't. Eventually they leave...but not for long.

3 minutes ago, RPM said:

Slightly off topic, but where the fuck is the money coming from for all this? I thought we were broke before he took office.

Only broke when Democrats are in power.  We rich AF when the GOP is in power.

• Like 4

Guest Lobo
3 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

As a banker you should know that they never end. They just post up in your boardroom and come and ask you 50 different questions why this piece of paper has snot on it, but the previous 10 don't. Eventually they leave...but not for long.

I should know that, but I'm still waiting to be promoted up to Assistant Vice President.  Should be this summer though!  

2 hours ago, Lagunamadre said:

1) They have responsible leaders, therefore, unlike the USA, they are not leading the world in new COVID cases. As such, they can reward themselves with normal life. 

2) Unless I was daydreaming in my middle school civics class, I could have sworn congress controls the purse strings. You can't cut shit you clown. 

3) Fuck Trump and anybody who supports this fucking cancer on our country. 

denmark admitted 1 person into its hospitals for covid yesterday, and has just 12 on ventilators.  12!  germany has 6,393 active cases.  harris county has 6x that! 

Guest Lobo

Yeah, damndest thing...nobody is coming into the lobby with loose cash and rolled coin these days.   And who knew this proprietary computer screen had surlyhorns.com on it. 

I just type real fast and it seems like I'm processing loan applications for those new Pontiacs coming in this Fall.  

18 minutes ago, ROFL BOX said:

Please, oh please oh please 5lb 8 oz baby Jesus please get a favorable ruling for the Southern District of NY to open that shit up & whatever "I'm being audited" bullshit to vaporize.

I’d prefer it stay at the state level, so it’s pardon-proof. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, markstanco said:

Yep pretty dumb because I called out your leader on dumb shit that all presidents do and don't agree with your politics.

What you have never seen of me is attacking the other side with hatred because they don't agree with me. Rep doesn't matter, but looking at it the last 24 hours on something that is truth is hilarious. Speak truth; get red.

2020-07-08-11-42-05.png

2020-07-08-11-42-56.png

• Like 4

Someone had posted a long list of highly respected people that had dropped their support for Trump like Mattis, etc. That list needs to be updated in here and posted all over social media. That would be a pretty powerful condemnation of the idiot.

• Like 1

Guest Lobo

Yeah, the data dump that Berman provided to General James on his way out is looking like it's gonna prove quite fruitful.  

Just remember President Shitlump, your DOJ can block him from sharing anything with any other DOJ personnel or the media or a book publisher on the way out and for a long time after.  But you can't muzzle a guy in Manhattan for talking to other New York law enforcement.  You can fire Rex Tillerson and prohibit him from saying anything at all about his job, even the non-classified stuff, forever and ever.  But you can't block Rex from telling a police officer, "Hey, I think somebody is robbing that store down the street."  Berman gave a huge trove of information to James' office.  Trump will be forced to stay in DeSantis' Florida for years now as he attempts to block extradition to New York.  

There was an episode of Hogan's Heroes where a bomb dropped in the middle of the camp but did not explode.  After messing around with it and getting to the final choice of wires to cut for disarming, there was a red wire and blue wire.  Col. Klink said cut the red wire so Hogan cut the blue wire and the bomb disarmed.  When asked his logic, Hogan said whatever Klink said, he knew it would be wrong.

th?id=OIP.mEjTAB_E4Q8lsN5pW0ihsQHaFk&pid=Api&P=0&w=221&h=167

This is exactly how I navigate when my wife has the map.
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Brandywine said:

I’ve seen several discussions that this will not go Trump’s way. But I’m not confident.

I’m predicting trump loses 6-3 with Donkey Dong Doug joining Roberts breaking ranks. It’s actually too easy of a call for trump to actually win this one, but with the things the way they are nowadays who fucking knows. 

19 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

IDK what just happened, but I almost started to cry when watching this.

I think it was the little girl w/ the milk on her face.

Just. Wow.

we've fallen so far.

Edited by Dnaguy

Guest Lobo

What is/was the story with the person pouring milk on her anyway?  I vaguely remember it, so many disturbing images lately under "biden's America"  

2 minutes ago, Lobo said:

What is/was the story with the person pouring milk on her anyway?  I vaguely remember it, so many disturbing images lately under "biden's America"  

For tear gas, or smoke, in her eyes. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lobo said:

She must have gotten some pepper spray to the face at one of the protests - the milk is supposed to help a bit.  

Guest Lobo

The pepper spray thing makes more sense.  For a second, I thought it was some people trying to "whiten-up" a child of color.  Or somebody pouring their covid-infected milk into the mouth of a child of a mask-wearer or some shit to prove it was a hoax.  I mean, I've gone on some weird tangents but would either of those scenarios surprise any of y'all anymore given how ugly behavior is now patriotic?  

46 minutes ago, Lobo said:

It's sad that in Trump's America that when I read that question, having not watched the video, I immediately think it's either an emboldened racist pouring milk on a black/brown kids head. Or that the kid was pepper sprayed by the police state. 

2 hours ago, SameSame said:

@jack could end our national nightmare in a heartbeat. 

Nah, Trump would just take his game to Parler or whatever with no holds barred on what he would have to say.

Sure, it would have less of a reach initially, but every media outlet would broadcast what he was spewing on that platform so the end result would not be much different that it is now.