Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

42 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Wonder where suburban moms stand with this push to open all schools ?

My son's daycare has been open for months, yet he (along with the majority of other students) are still at home.  I don't know why these chucklefucks can't understand that the country will not "reopen" until the citizens feel safe again.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

I wouldn’t want  kids on the younger end handling all of the chemicals.  Kindergarten teachers will have enough to worry about during this shitshow without having to make sure Lil’ Cayden isn’t drinking the bleach.

True. How about 3rd grade an up? If you're 9 years old and drinking bleach, then maybe you shouldn't be in school.

5 hours ago, F250 said:

Enhanced cleaning is usually someone spraying down the place not just mopping the floors.

gallery_medium.jpg

Yeah... I don't think that's going to happen in classrooms everyday. One can fantasize though.

I have a 5 and 8 year old. I want them to go to school. They need to be with their friends playing and socializing; and not trying to learn Chinese or Tae Kwon Do through a computer screen, or just stare at the iPad whenever my wife and I are on calls.

6 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

I wouldn’t want  kids on the younger end handling all of the chemicals.  Kindergarten teachers will have enough to worry about during this shitshow without having to make sure Lil’ Cayden isn’t drinking the bleach.

Trump told me to do it.

1 hour ago, Hookah Horns said:

He's going to try to get money only to schools that fully reopen. 

Parents (Moms) will hold their kids out.  The anti-vaxers are nuts and a small number compared to the reasonable expectation that kids not get a potentially fatal communicable disease at school.

Normal school opening depends on:

• Having the spread under control (nope)
  • and Contract tracing (nope)
  • and protocols for prevention (fighting this one aren't we)
  • and adequate testing (nope)

Or

• Widespread effective vaccine (nope)

Anything else is ignorant and irresponsible but look at who is leading this.

44 minutes ago, TexasEd said:

Parents (Moms) will hold their kids out.  The anti-vaxers are nuts and a small number compared to the reasonable expectation that kids not get a potentially fatal communicable disease at school.

Or

We so had our chance too

3 hours ago, Pancho said:

So....school vouchers.  Got it. 

I think you're on to something. The news blurb about Gretchen Whitmer suing the Dept. of Ed over school funds (Whitmer asserts that it is pushing money toward private schools) and Whitmer being from Michigan (where 80% of charter schools have nearly all of their operations under control of for-profit companies) and DeVos home turf makes me think this is the end goal for Betsey. It might be marketed as student choice or schools that are open but eventually it will get the white students into private Christian schools and further ransack the tax dollars away from public education. It's a wonderful grift. The hedge funders will be so excited to get their hands on that money.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TexasEd said:

Or

Yeah and it's the same deal with the economy. These dumb bastards truly can't grasp that getting the virus under control is necessary for recovery, regardless of whether everything is open. 

17 minutes ago, Hookah Horns said:

Yeah and it's the same deal with the economy. These dumb bastards truly can't grasp that getting the virus under control is necessary for recovery, regardless of whether everything is open. 

Well that bastion of liberal ideals, Goldman Sachs, reported that GDP would get a 5% point bump if everyone wore masks.  Libtards. 

3 minutes ago, Paul Wesley said:

I will go to my grave not understanding how self-proclaimed followers of Christ have so vehemently and passionately thrown their support behind such a reprehensible and objectively un-Christ-like man.  I still can't get over it.  

Because abortion and judges.  Keep in mind that I would put the over/under on Trump-financed abortions at 6.5, but it is what it is.

Edited by conVINCEd
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

Because abortion and judges.  Keep in mind that I would put the over/under on Trump-financed abortions at 6.5, but it is what it is.

Aren't all Republican candidates for president against abortion and in favor of conservative judges?

I suppose that's true.  

But keep in mind:  If you truly believe that abortion is the "Trump" issue (SWIDT?), you're going all-in on what you imagine Jesus' instructions *might* have been on an issue that he never addressed, while simultaneously ignoring BASICALLY EVERY FUCKING THING THAT HE ACTUALLY SAID... you know... the whole live a life of poverty, humility, and service, and help people in need, even if they are a different race or religion from your own.  

In other words:  not really "Christian" in the sense that you're practicing what he taught.

Edited by Paul Wesley
*in response to "abortion and judges"
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Texas73 said:

Aren't all Republican candidates for president against abortion and in favor of conservative judges?

Yes, but Trump miraculously managed to win the nomination.  So he runs the party now.  Do you honestly think Romney could’ve primaried him?  30% of this country is full-on cult.  We’re fucked for a while.

Edited by conVINCEd
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

Yes, but Trump miraculously managed to win the nomination.  So he runs the party now.  Do you honestly think Romney could’ve primaried him?  30% of this country is full-on cult.  We’re fucked for a while.

Hope the fucking ends Jan 21, 2021.

Edited by Texas73
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Paul Wesley said:

I suppose that's true.  

But keep in mind:  If you truly believe that abortion is the "Trump" issue (SWIDT?), you're going all-in on what you imagine Jesus' instructions *might* have been on an issue that he never addressed, while simultaneously ignoring BASICALLY EVERY FUCKING THING THAT HE ACTUALLY SAID... you know... the whole live a life of poverty, humility, and service, and help people in need, even if they are a different race or religion from your own.  

In other words:  not really "Christian" in the sense that you're practicing what he taught.

I completely agree with everything you said there.   I was mocking wannabe Christians.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Texas73 said:

even if it does - without cheating, BS wars, or nukes happening first - then they will retreat back to their little old hell holes and come back even more batshit crazy in 2024. 

frankly speaking, i'd take it. i could use the time off 

11 minutes ago, Texas73 said:

Lulz, nope.

These same people will continue on as if Trump won; they will still worship him, bitch and moan in public about being discriminated against, call every single thing a Biden administration would do as tyranny, on and on.

Whatever the Karens (and Kevins) do today, they will continue doing in January 2022, and so on.

They are emboldened.  Nothing is going to stop them now, other than death.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

I completely agree with everything you said there.   I was mocking wannabe Christians.

Yeah, I knew that was your intent.  My ALL CAPS SHOUTING was supposed to be aimed at that misguided line of thinking and not at you.   

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

Because abortion and judges.  

No.  It's race.  Racism is the underpinning of the Tea Party, and there has been a 40 year push to move racism from the whispered secret to the group cheer.  

Judges are a means to an end.  Abortion is a cover.  It's race.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

No.  It's race.  Racism is the underpinning of the Tea Party, and there has been a 40 year push to move racism from the whispered secret to the group cheer.  

Judges are a means to an end.  Abortion is a cover.  It's race.

I don’t disagree with that, I’m just repeating the excuse a lot of people I know used to vote for him.

1 hour ago, Hookah Horns said:

i've been having this 'discussion' with someone who believes we're fighting a losing battle, everybody is going to get covid eventually, we're just prolonging it and ruining small businesses for no gain. he was super pissed at Abbott's mask order last week, he is one who feels elderly/at risk people should 'mask up or stay at home' and 'healthy people should be able to do as they please' (exact quote). he's really stuck on the economic argument and sees wearing masks as an unnecessary 'circus' for most people, as 'the vast majority of people have nothing to fear!'

he's conveniently forgetting that easily 60% of American's have some sort of pre-existing or high risk factor, and thus have a HUGE amount to fear (i don't actually know the percentage, but i'd bet it's that high). we were an unhealthy nation before covid ever appeared, ffs!

also...my money is as green as anybody's and i have a lot of it to dispose of, and if everyone had been wearing masks for MONTHS now, like local officials had ordered before Abbott overruled them in April, then guess what? numbers would not be so bad and i would feel a lot safer GOING OUT AND SPENDING SOME OF MY DAMN MONEY to stimulate the economy! i'd venture there are millions of people who feel that way. 

he is not interested in hearing this argument, he had no response...he simply accused me of losing my critical thinking skills b/c of 'retirement and watching too much CNN'. which pissed me the fuck off. jackass. 😡

• Like 8