Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

I will go to my grave not understanding how self-proclaimed followers of Christ have so vehemently and passionately thrown their support behind such a reprehensible and objectively un-Christ-like man.  I still can't get over it.  
I have a friend getting her master's at Liberty. She is an awesome person, but her ethos of not being wordly doomed her to the grift. I mean she doesn't even do secular music so she's never hearing the truth on Liberty. I don't have the heart. I learned long ago as a builder to keep my mouth shut when someone is showing off their new project or handiwork. " Yep, sounds great" it's too late for feedback
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Paul Wesley said:

White supremacists unquestionably recognize Tucker Carlson as a true believer.  

And BTW, the slow burn podcast season on David Duke is pretty good.

Was Tucker an unabashed racist on CNN?

I always feel like these Fox News idiots are just playing a TV role for the money. Which is probably even more despicable than actually believing that garbage they spew.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Paul Wesley said:

I will go to my grave not understanding how self-proclaimed followers of Christ have so vehemently and passionately thrown their support behind such a reprehensible and objectively un-Christ-like man.  I still can't get over it.  

I'm generally bored with posts pointing out hypocrisy in politicians or even religious people, but this is stunning. You're right. He is objectively a deplorable human being no matter what your life philosophy may be. Claiming any set of values at all and embracing Trump makes no sense. 

58 minutes ago, Born to Run said:
2 hours ago, Paul Wesley said:

I have a friend getting her master's at Liberty. She is an awesome person, but her ethos of not being wordly doomed her to the grift. I mean she doesn't even do secular music so she's never hearing the truth on Liberty. I don't have the heart. I learned long ago as a builder to keep my mouth shut when someone is showing off their new project or handiwork. " Yep, sounds great" it's too late for feedback

So your trying to sleep with her.  We get it.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Superhero said:

True. How about 3rd grade an up? If you're 9 years old and drinking bleach, then maybe you shouldn't be in school.

Yeah... I don't think that's going to happen in classrooms everyday. One can fantasize though.

I have a 5 and 8 year old. I want them to go to school. They need to be with their friends playing and socializing; and not trying to learn Chinese or Tae Kwon Do through a computer screen, or just stare at the iPad whenever my wife and I are on calls.

You said you didn't understand the need for funding for enhanced cleaning then brought up the idea of having kids performing the enhanced cleaning. Enhanced cleaning requires specific sanitizers to be used on all surfaces. No one is going to do that with some paper towels and mops. There are companies that can perform this type of cleaning or trained custodial staff using special equipment working extra hours which is why there is a request for funding.

Having kids perform enhanced cleaning for Covid was a really stupid fucking idea.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, TornACL said:

I always feel like these Fox News idiots are just playing a TV role for the money. Which is probably even more despicable than actually believing that garbage they spew.

look, we all get off the bus when we get to hollywood and we end up where we end up. isn’t “life” just a series of acting assignments?

21 minutes ago, F250 said:

You said you didn't understand the need for funding for enhanced cleaning then brought up the idea of having kids performing the enhanced cleaning. Enhanced cleaning requires specific sanitizers to be used on all surfaces. No one is going to do that with some paper towels and mops. There are companies that can perform this type of cleaning or trained custodial staff using special equipment working extra hours which is why there is a request for funding.

Having kids perform enhanced cleaning for Covid was a really stupid fucking idea.

I highly doubt that schools will be performing enhanced cleaning on a regular basis or for the entire school. They might do it if a class or school turns into a hotspot, but otherwise, nah. PfISD is offering teachers one mask to use for the entire year, they're not going to spring for some high dollar cleaning.

1 hour ago, TornACL said:

I'm too lazy to look them all up, but I think he uses not-subtle coded language to say essentially the same things that white supremacists say.  

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/aug/10/tucker-carlson-fox-news-united-states-race

It's definitely not surprising that David Duke wants him to be one feeble, adderal-snorting heartbeat from the presidency.  

7 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

I'm generally bored with posts pointing out hypocrisy in politicians or even religious people, but this is stunning. You're right. He is objectively a deplorable human being no matter what your life philosophy may be. Claiming any set of values at all and embracing Trump makes no sense. 

Trump voters have lost any moral high ground they may have had.

I highly doubt that schools will be performing enhanced cleaning on a regular basis or for the entire school. They might do it if a class or school turns into a hotspot, but otherwise, nah. PfISD is offering teachers one mask to use for the entire year, they're not going to spring for some high dollar cleaning.

Schools will have to forge ahead regardless of COVID spread within their walls. Imagine individual schools shutting down for cleaning every time there is an outbreak. Few people in educational administration think through things to their logical conclusion, and this is no exception.

I came to the conclusion that school and district administrators are complete buffoons and most superintendents and assistant superintendents are prime examples of the Peter Principle.  But instead of being promoted past their le el of competence, most of the are wholly unqualified to manage anything let alone districts with hundreds or thousands of employees.

7 hours ago, F250 said:

Look, these little spoiled six year old chumps need to pull up their bootstraps and get to work handling caustic and toxic chemicals if they ever want to be anything in this world.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Macanudo said:

I came to the conclusion that school and district administrators are complete buffoons and most superintendents and assistant superintendents are prime examples of the Peter Principle.  But instead of being promoted past their le el of competence, most of the are wholly unqualified to manage anything let alone districts with hundreds or thousands of employees.

I am pretty sure Principal Skinner and Super Nintendo Chalmers knows what they are doing. 

• Like 2

Guest Lobo

Can we all just pause as a nation this morning, before more bad news comes out, and relish in that Trump's vehement tweet about how our positive numbers are up as a gross count because of our gross numbers of tests administered overall, pays zero attention to how poorly we're doing per capita/per million residents...and he opened that tweet with a fraction "1/100th" in the worst attempt at pithiness since Lt. Hauk subbed in for Adrian Cronauer.  

He stayed up all night trying to come up with an excuse to use a fraction, and this is what we get.  The line bombed, his math sucks, he still doesn't get that we get why positive numbers are up, and in the end we're all left with this incompetent narcissist who doesn't get how basic division works.  

Just now, DigglerontheHoof said:

I'm truly amazed.  There HAS to be a catch.   i want to believe santa GIF by Sean Solomon

The catch is the ruling allows the president to fight the subpeona back through the lower courts, which will likely stall beyond the election.  

1 minute ago, BradInATX said:

Does this mean we're getting his tax returns (publicly)?

Nope.  SDNY isnt even getting them for now, the president gets to fight the subpeona in the lower courts.  Likely to lose there too, but he gets to run more clock.  

• Like 1