Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

Guest Lobo

the catch is they're not turning over the docs to New York just yet.  And SCOTUS is not prone to just giving data dumps to the media.  So the truly embarrassing shit won't be known for awhile.  And there's still one more ruling on the overall topic that is yet to come, but the 7-2 vote indicates that will probably come in on the side of truth and transparency as well, if even only at 5-4.  We're gonna see a fun spin show as he tries to convince his base that the top line income was what he actually paid in taxes because he's such a successful businessman.  

I would think even most of his dumbass base knows how to read a return though, no?  

2 minutes ago, TXSG8R said:

The catch is the ruling allows the president to fight the subpeona back through the lower courts, which will likely stall beyond the election.  

Yeah, flipped on the news and heard that.  IOW, this is a fart in a hurricane.  Supremes are protecting trump.  Fucking depressing. 

2 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Yeah, flipped on the news and heard that.  IOW, this is a fart in a hurricane.  Supremes are protecting trump.  Fucking depressing. 

Well, given that all of the liberal justices were in the majority on both subpoena cases, you can't say they're actually protecting him.

The law has a process to it.  You can't just cut to the desired results, no matter how important they are or how badly you want them.

• Like 4

Guest Lobo

I don't think they went against him so much as it was just them shrugging and realizing that the silly custom of candidates/officeholders exchanging tax returns in the name of transparency was good thing overall.  And while the tradition doesn't have much of a basis in the constitution, it has served the Republic well.  I dunno.  

Good news overall for you Trump fans is another week of not addressing Covid-19, safe reopening of schools, police reform, and economic reinvigoration.

Nope it's America's two favorite topics:  TAX RETURNS AND STATUES!  

Obviously what you signed up for him when you finally got to let your hate out.  I know you wanted to reclaim America for yourselves, but nope---nothing that grand...just bitching about statues and lying about tax returns.  Real exciting shit.  

1 minute ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

IANAL, but on its face it seems like the right from a legal perspective.  Its on the record now that the president isn't a fucking king or emperor, and doesn't have blanket immunity in office.  That's another stain on Trump that I'm sure he and his rubes wont ever see, but the supreme court had to tell our sitting president that hes not above the law, on record.  Unfortunately it gives the president the ability to run more clock because now he gets his day in court to fight the subpoena on its merits instead of saying hes immune.  

This is for the SDNY case, I don't understand how this all works for the house subpoena.  In truth, I probably don't even fully understand how it works for the SDNY either, but that's how it reads so far.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Well, given that all of the liberal justices were in the majority on both subpoena cases, you can't say they're actually protecting him.

The law has a process to it.  You can't just cut to the desired results, no matter how important they are or how badly you want them.

Four years isn’t just cutting to the desired result. 

Guest Lobo

Something huge came from it, the SDNY can now legally hand this all over to General James sooner rather than later.  Because these federal returns also include all of his state income tax return information, including capital gains/losses.  This will only help to serve her case against him in New York State.  SCOTUS may have "punted" in a way, but AG James has been licking her fingers waiting for this data dump.  She has authority to now see the state tax informations which, by definition, are listed on the federal return.    

This time next year, he's hiding under DeSantis' skirt in Florida, who'll help him claim that New York has no subpoena power over Trump in Florida.  Every president, after office, has become a globe-trotting ambassador of goodwill, racking up more wealth in the process.  Trump will spend his last years burning through cash, under an ostensible house arrest at Mar-a-Lago, cut off from the rest of the world except through a few surrogates.  He's going to go out with such a whimper.  

Serious question---will the U.S. even bother to have his body lie in state in the Capitol?  

Edited by Lobo

1 minute ago, Lobo said:

Something huge came from it, the SDNY can now legally hand this all over to General James sooner rather than later.  Because these federal returns also include all of his state income tax return information, including capital gains/losses.  This will only help to serve her case against him in New York State.  SCOTUS may have "punted" in a way, but AG James has been licking her fingers waiting for this data dump.  

This time next year, he's hiding under DeSantis' skirt in Florida, who'll help him claim that New York has no subpoena power over Trump in Florida.  Every president, after office, has become a globe-trotting ambassador of goodwill, racking up more wealth in the process.  Trump will spend his last years burning through cash, under an ostensible house arrest at Mar-a-Lago, cut off from the rest of the world except through a few surrogates.  He's going to go out with such a whimper.  

Serious question---will the U.S. even bother to have his body lie in state in the Capitol?  

How else are we going to piss on his corpse?

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Something huge came from it, the SDNY can now legally hand this all over to General James sooner rather than later.  Because these federal returns also include all of his state income tax return information, including capital gains/losses.  This will only help to serve her case against him in New York State.  SCOTUS may have "punted" in a way, but AG James has been licking her fingers waiting for this data dump.  She has authority to now see the state tax informations which, by definition, are listed on the federal return.    

One question I have is what are these tax returns really going to show?  It was PROVEN in the NYT (?) article that he's a tax fraud.  Do we really expect him to show all of his shady dealings in these returns?

• Like 2

Guest Lobo

I think to avoid more public shame, the family would just do it all privately in Florida in a few years.  Granted, tens of millions of his more diehard supporters would demand he lie in the Capitol, and tens of thousands would make a pilgrimmage out of it.  But at that point, he's dead...his family knows his ego doesn't need the spectacle and they'd probably like to save themselves the public embarassment, so I think they just do it all in florida.  But who knows, maybe they use it as a rallying event to get Don, Jr. or Ivanka back into the political arena.  

Speaking of family---apparently none of his more adamant Christian voters seemed to notice, or care, that he never calls for prayer or asks for God's protection or anything like that, never even concludes an address with the old standby (that not even atheists or Hindus complain about), "...and may god bless you and may god bless the United States of America."  

But have any of y'all ever noticed...that he never mentions his grandchildren?  I mean, yeah...they're minors, I don't even want to know their names or ages.  But he never says like "Spent some time with the grandkids this past weekend", "took the grandkids with me to the golf course/to Florida/to Mount Rushmore."  How can that be?  The only 74 year old man with 9 grandchildren in human history that never makes mention of them.  "I love the flag, not as much as I love my grandkids, but still..."  Nothing folksy, nothing even accidentally mentioned about seeing them/having them visit/etc.  Nothing like that, ever.  That is so fucking weird to me.  

25 minutes ago, Lobo said:

the catch is they're not turning over the docs to New York just yet.  And SCOTUS is not prone to just giving data dumps to the media.  So the truly embarrassing shit won't be known for awhile.  And there's still one more ruling on the overall topic that is yet to come, but the 7-2 vote indicates that will probably come in on the side of truth and transparency as well, if even only at 5-4.  We're gonna see a fun spin show as he tries to convince his base that the top line income was what he actually paid in taxes because he's such a successful businessman.  

I would think even most of his dumbass base knows how to read a return though, no?  

A sovereign citizen doesn't need to pay taxes.

3 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

One question I have is what are these tax returns really going to show?  It was PROVEN in the NYT (?) article that he's a tax fraud.  Do we really expect him to show all of his shady dealings in these returns?

True enough.  Probably going to take some serious forensic accounting that few would understand in detail, to show how they are fraudulent or otherwise criminal.

Both subpoenas sought other records in addition to the tax returns, but it's not like we're just going to get them and get a giant "aha" moment.

6 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

True enough.  Probably going to take some serious forensic accounting that few would understand in detail, to show how they are fraudulent or otherwise criminal.

Both subpoenas sought other records in addition to the tax returns, but it's not like we're just going to get them and get a giant "aha" moment.

The stupid fucker probably has a line item labeled ‘Bribe from Putin’.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Guest Lobo

Hey Donald---pro tip...if you have evidence of Obamagate.  The largest, deepest political conspiracy and crime in the history of our nation (your words, not mine).  This would be a really great time to reveal it.  I don't know what you're waiting for, but we are all perfectly open and willing to listen to any evidence you may have.  Even just specifics on what you think happened would be a good jumping off point.  You've been tweeting and publicly speaking for going on six months about this Obamagate crime, and while you claim that we all know about it...we in fact, do not.

This would an ideal time for you to drag out that age-old practice where you ask somebody with information, "Hey...I know everything about Obamagate.  But why don't you tell me what you think happened with Obamagate, and I'll tell you if you're correct or not."  

5 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

I know it's easy to get numb to the incessant deluge of victimhood that constantly spews out of Trump's face, but fuck... he thought it was a good idea to share this blubbering self-pity with the world.

Deep state bro

Guest Lobo
5 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Is that the new Apple thermometer?

Yes, and their slogan is quite catchy.

"The new iANAL thermometer from Apple.  The difference between it and a regular thermometer?  The taste."