Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

46 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

HEB is way better than Goya. 

God I hope it’s not HEB that the Sack trust owns. That would suck. Hopefully it’s some shitty store in DFW or Houston instead. Or he’s just full of shit. 

IIRC - it's Randall's. 

28 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

OTB chips are good for nachos.  It’s a nice, sturdy chip that can take some toppings without breaking.  It’s also one of the larger chips out there, which I like for a nacho.  I prefer other brands for salsa, guacamole, and queso.  Fight me. 

You know if you replaced a few words in this post you would sound exactly like Vic Mackey.

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

Remember that time America had an Attorney General who previously pushed a company that specialized in Bigfoot, time travel and big dick toilets?  To honor that era of our history and heritage there should be a statue of Bigfoot sitting on a big dick toilet.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TXSG8R said:

We use the hell out of it, but again, thats a flavor profile I grew up with.  We could probably find an equivalent for most of it except their chorizo.  Its hard as hell to find an equivalent in most stores in texas.  Chorizo here is the mexican stuff and its completely different.  

Username checks out (go Gata)

2 minutes ago, Chooky said:

Remember that time America had an Attorney General who previously pushed a company that specialized in Bigfoot, time travel and big dick toilets?  To honor that era of our history and heritage there should be a statue of Bigfoot sitting on a big dick toilet.  

That might be a more appropriate statue for our terrific, strong VP.

8 minutes ago, Chooky said:

JZd.gif

36 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I can cook rice in a pot on the stovetop just fine. A rice cooker is nice when you've got other things cooking because it frees up time and space and keeps the rice warm and ready-to-serve longer than if it just sits in a pot. 

I cook rice on the stovetop as well as an Indian grandmother, and the instant pot is better than stovetop.

Actually, turns out ol' Erdogan has been calling it a mosque for a couple of years now, but it has not been open to Muslim worship, it remained a museum as it has been since the fall of the Ottoman Empire.

But now he's trying to open it to worship.

39 minutes ago, Chooky said:

spacer.png

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

I cook rice on the stovetop as well as an Indian grandmother, and the instant pot is better than stovetop.

When America's Test Kitchen offers a recommendation on either then we can discuss the reliability of their endorsement on that particular subject. My point was that  I don't trust their recommendations and the rice cooker was just an example. Does an instant pot differ significantly from a rice cooker?

I cook most of my rice on the stovetop. Probably pilaf more than anything else. My next project is to come up with a Carribbean rice recipe made with pineapple, red bell pepper, and half stock/half coconut milk to serve alongside jerk chicken or pork. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

You cook rice and you cook an indian grandmother on the stovetop?  Was she spicy?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, conVINCEd said:

OTB chips are good for nachos.  It’s a nice, sturdy chip that can take some toppings without breaking.  It’s also one of the larger chips out there, which I like for a nacho.  I prefer other brands for salsa, guacamole, and queso.  Fight me. 

I'm Gooby and I support this message.

Also, their salsa is pretty good.

10 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

White people going to fuck Up rice prices for the Asians !

Nah we've got 60 lbs of it in our pantry, so naturally we're good for awh...a few weeks.

spacer.png

Edited by Bevo14

6 minutes ago, Lobo said:

^ He's Gooby dammit.  And he supports this message, goddammit. 

He's a war hero and Sharon Stone's cousin. He can't lose.

1 hour ago, TXSG8R said:

We use the hell out of it, but again, thats a flavor profile I grew up with.  We could probably find an equivalent for most of it except their chorizo.  Its hard as hell to find an equivalent in most stores in texas.  Chorizo here is the mexican stuff and its completely different.  

Central Market carries a wide selection of spanish chorizos.  I don't know the Goya stuff so don't know if that's equivalent.

2 hours ago, elfenix said:

i don't eat that much rice so my rice cooker looks like this:

370-ssp10.jpg

(saute one cup of rice in about a tablespoon of butter or olive oil, meanwhile boil some water in a different vessel - electric kettle works great.  once rice is nice and toasty pour 2 cups water in with it IT WILL FLASH TO STEAM SO KEEP YOUR HANDS AWAY.  give a hard stir, turn heat to low, set timer for low end of package instructions, fluff with fork, enjoy)

We eat rice with almost every dinner, and still use a pot to do our rice cooking. We used to have a rice cooker but it took up too much counter space.  I have gotten good enough cooking it in a pot that I don't even have to measure anything to have the right amount of liquid to rice.