Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

2 hours ago, triplehorn said:

So with the commuted sentence (not actual pardon) Stone still carries the conviction, just no prison time.  Why a commuted sentence instead of pardon? It means he can’t be compelled to testify.  Same arrangement Scooter Libby got.

in Libby’s case, he still paid a fine and got disbarred.  Felony conviction won’t stop Stone from going right back into his groove.

No shit, in his circles it probably gives him even more street cred.

1 hour ago, Chooky said:

This is why I'm fatigued. This level of abject stupidity is so intense with him that it leads to him believing he has distinct knowledge about things he just learned. Things that children who were awake during middle school already knew. His ignorance is exhausting when I can't find a way to laugh about it anymore. 

Imagine gaining a shallow piece of knowledge in a narrow scope and being dumb enough to believe you now have the ability to inform people. 

Dumbing-Kruger effect

27 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

i fell in love with a midland girl, true story 

I grew up about 45 miles east of there, and it was considered the "big city" for us. Midland Park Mall was our primo shopping destination and Bennigan's/Olive Garden were considered fine dining.

Up until my sophomore year, we were still a part of the legendary Little Southwest Conference but were never really considered their peers as they had all the oil money and all we had were a state hospital and a smelly refinery, thus making us the butt of many jokes. Plus, we always sucked at football.

So, while I'm sorry you may have gotten your heart broken in Midland, I still kind of resent them for being smugg, Dallas wannabe assholes sometimes.

You're probably better without her.

Edit: Old resentments still linger and it's wrong of me to hold those kind of grudges. It probably makes me sound like aggy. I will say though that Texas Fight was our high school fight song and Hook 'Em was our hand symbol. The affinity toward Texas was therefore natural and so A&M was never once considered an option.

Edited by bolverk
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, bolverk said:

I grew up about 45 mikes east of there, and it was considered the "big city" for us. Midland Park Mall was our primo shopping destination and Bennigan's/Olive Garden were considered fine dining.

Up until my sophomore year, we were still a part of the legendary Little Southwest Conference but were never really considered their peers as they had all the oil money and all we had were a state hospital and a smelly refinery, thus making us the butt of many jokes. Plus, we always sucked at football.

So, while I'm sorry you may have gotten your heart broken in Midland, I still kind of resent them for being smugg, Dallas wannabe assholes sometimes.

Edit: Old resentments still linger and it's wrong of me to hold those kind of grudges. It probably makes me sound like aggy. I will say though that Texas Fight was our high school fight song and Hook 'Em was our hand symbol. The affinity toward Texas was therefore natural and so A&M was never once considered an option.

Big Spring?  Colorado City?  

I spent a couple of years out in Midland, and while I didn't appreciate it at the time, I think I'd enjoy it now that I'm older.  Yes, it's super conservative and a bit stuck in the past.  But there's something nice about an area with 200,000 people, next to no traffic at all any time of day, enough amenities for a town that size, and being a 3 hour day trip away from the mountains of SW Texas and New Mexico.   

And what were you doing at Olive Garden?  You didn't like Luigi's?  

2 hours ago, Wanker Bob said:

So the promise of a $1 margarita got you laid? 

Were these Ethiopian refugees straight off the boat?

Some of the best looking women I've ever seen in my life were flight attendants in Ethiopia Airlines business class. 

Pro tip:  Ethiopia Airlines business class is probably the absolute best value for your travel $ any where in the world.  When I was living in West Africa it was $800 round trip business class from my location to Bangkok, Thailand.  You can't fly half way across this stupid ass country in cattle class for that.

Edited by Fudge Nuggets
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Some of the best looking women I've ever seen in my life were flight attendants in Ethiopia Airlines business class. 

Pro tip:  Ethiopia Airlines business class is probably the absolute best value for your travel $ any where in the world.  When I was living in West Africa it was $800 round trip business class from my location to Bangkok, Thailand.  You can't fly half way across this stupid ass country in cattle class for that.

Counterpoint:

7E54A48A-0B32-4EC9-900C-21BC3136B6DC.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

VOTER FRAUD!!!!111!ONE!!!!!11!!

A West Virginia postal carrier pled guilty to mail and election fraud after admitting he changed the political affiliation on multiple voter ballots from Democrat to Republican.

Thomas Cooper, 47, admitted to attempted election fraud and injury to the mail Thursday after an affidavit was filed against him in May.

Cooper held a contract with the U.S. Postal Service to pick up mail in three towns in Pendleton County.

In April, per a statement from the Department of Justice, the county clerk found absentee ballot requests from eight voters that were tampered with a black ink pen, five of which had their party affiliation switched to Republican. Three others that had their affiliation already set to Republican were altered, but did not have their political party changed. All ballots were located in Pendleton County.

USA TODAY Editorial Board: Coronavirus makes voting by mail even more important

Bennie Cogar, a West Virginia Attorney General's Office investigator working on behalf of the secretary of state's office, said in the affidavit filed in May that Cooper admitted to having tampered with some of the requests he delivered "as a joke." He did not know any of the voters whose requests he changed.

Despite ongoing accusations about mail-in voter fraud, including those by President Trump, cases have been minimal — and Trump himself has voted absentee. State leaders from both parties have granted more absentee ballots to residents during the coronavirus pandemic.

39 minutes ago, bolverk said:

I grew up about 45 miles east of there, and it was considered the "big city" for us. Midland Park Mall was our primo shopping destination and Bennigan's/Olive Garden were considered fine dining.

ha, i was way out of my league but she was the sweetest person ever. gorgeous to boot. fresh off a divorce and driving a brand new m5. good times

17 minutes ago, Tom said:

I spent a couple of years out in Midland, and while I didn't appreciate it at the time, I think I'd enjoy it now that I'm older.  Yes, it's super conservative and a bit stuck in the past.  But there's something nice about an area with 200,000 people, next to no traffic at all any time of day, enough amenities for a town that size, and being a 3 hour day trip away from the mountains of SW Texas and New Mexico.   

if you can't meet a good looking woman in midessa, you're probably gay. they smell fresh meat as soon as you cross the county line 

19 minutes ago, Tom said:

Big Spring. But look, I was referring to my time being raised and living there up until high school graduation in 1989. So, yeah, Luigi's wasn't really on my radar when Chess King and Spencer's were the epitome of cool.

Edited by bolverk
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Big Spring. But look, I was referring to my time being raised and living there up until high school graduation in 1989. So, yeah, Luigi's wasn't really on my radar when Chess King and Spencer's were the epitome of cool.

Fair enough.  Luigi's was decent but always a bit overrated anyway.  I was an outsider but worked in Big Spring a bit.  I thought the hills and natural geography was kind of nice compared to the flat neighboring wealthier towns like Midland.  

Edited by Tom

43 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

What kind of traveler is on a direct from Lagos to Bangkok? Business? Oil rich vacationers? Thai expats going home for a visit?

Edited by SimonBolivar

22 minutes ago, bolverk said:

That all changed when Ryan Tannehill signed with aggy

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

What kind of traveler is on a direct from Lagos to Bangkok? Business? Oil rich vacationers? Thai expats going home for a visit?

Not direct and not from Lagos, had a relaxing 2 hr layover in Addis Ababa - their little coffee ceremony in the biz lounge is straight up bad ass.  Kids are Thai expats going home and I am a green-eyed oil sheik.  Any more questions?  I'll be happy to answer them.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

VOTER FRAUD!!!!111!ONE!!!!!11!!

A West Virginia postal carrier pled guilty to mail and election fraud after admitting he changed the political affiliation on multiple voter ballots from Democrat to Republican.

Thomas Cooper, 47, admitted to attempted election fraud and injury to the mail Thursday after an affidavit was filed against him in May.

Cooper held a contract with the U.S. Postal Service to pick up mail in three towns in Pendleton County.

In April, per a statement from the Department of Justice, the county clerk found absentee ballot requests from eight voters that were tampered with a black ink pen, five of which had their party affiliation switched to Republican. Three others that had their affiliation already set to Republican were altered, but did not have their political party changed. All ballots were located in Pendleton County.

USA TODAY Editorial Board: Coronavirus makes voting by mail even more important

Bennie Cogar, a West Virginia Attorney General's Office investigator working on behalf of the secretary of state's office, said in the affidavit filed in May that Cooper admitted to having tampered with some of the requests he delivered "as a joke." He did not know any of the voters whose requests he changed.

Despite ongoing accusations about mail-in voter fraud, including those by President Trump, cases have been minimal — and Trump himself has voted absentee. State leaders from both parties have granted more absentee ballots to residents during the coronavirus pandemic.

If convicted he will just get pardoned but Trump and probably be the next Senator from the state of West Virginia the way this country is.

31 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

737 Super Max there bud.  Those are for the poors.

In general, I try to avoid the national airlines of countries that view safety as an inconvenience.  Sometimes you don’t have a choice, and have to roll the dice,  but it’s not optimal.  If you were in West Africa you probably didn’t have a lot of options, and I’m glad you enjoyed the experience.  The ladies are certainly lovely.

1 minute ago, conVINCEd said:

In general, I try to avoid the national airlines of countries that view safety as an inconvenience.  Sometimes you don’t have a choice, and have to roll the dice,  but it’s not optimal.  If you were in West Africa you probably didn’t have a lot of options, and I’m glad you enjoyed the experience.  The ladies are certainly lovely.

Let's put it this way, the choices were Ethiopia Airlines or Kenya Airlines.  In my cluster of green-eyed oil sheiks there were plenty of people that had flown both and the consensus was Ethiopia was by far the better of the two.  When it came time to make the bookings Ethiopia had a big discount going on (pre crashes) so I was like... fuck it, let's give it a chance.  Wound up being one of the best trips ever.  I won't lie, I was worried as fuck when I hit the confirm booking button but I had done my research and had first hand accounts about their service.

Second trip on Ethiopia wasn't quite as good but the third and fourth were right up there with Emirates / Qatar.  International, they have expat pilots taking the lead on most flights.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Let's put it this way, the choices were Ethiopia Airlines or Kenya Airlines.  In my cluster of green-eyed oil sheiks there were plenty of people that had flown both and the consensus was Ethiopia was by far the better of the two.  When it came time to make the bookings Ethiopia had a big discount going on (pre crashes) so I was like... fuck it, let's give it a chance.  Wound up being one of the best trips ever.  I won't lie, I was worried as fuck when I hit the confirm booking button but I had done my research and had first hand accounts about their service.

Second trip on Ethiopia wasn't quite as good but the third and fourth were right up there with Emirates / Qatar.  International, they have expat pilots taking the lead on most flights.

I worked/lived in Lagos for a while and the African based airlines I flew were Kenya Airways, South African Airways and Air Egypt.  The only one that totally sucked was Air Egypt, they didn’t serve alcohol and the stewardesses were all middle aged men.  My wife was brave enough to fly on a Nigerian airline, but I wasn’t about to get on that fucking plane.  

2 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

You people should all be ashamed of yourselves. 

EciY2vOUwAAkWg-?format=png&name=900x900

wtf is wrong with white people?

2 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

I flew Kenyan Airlines once, from Nairobi to Lamu. Once we were airborne, the pilot turned around and handed a guy in the front row a cardboard box. He announced it was full of sandwiches, and told us all to take one and pass it around.

• Haha 1

I just rewatched the HBO movie “Game Change” (behind the scenes of the pick of Sarah Palin by the McCain campaign) and my lord how that was a harbinger of Trump and really was a huge tipping point in the descent of the GOP.

Also makes me side eye Steve Schmidt (big Lincoln Project guy), what the fuck were they thinking?

1 hour ago, Bama Chick said:

I just rewatched the HBO movie “Game Change” (behind the scenes of the pick of Sarah Palin by the McCain campaign) and my lord how that was a harbinger of Trump and really was a huge tipping point in the descent of the GOP.

Also makes me side eye Steve Schmidt (big Lincoln Project guy), what the fuck were they thinking?

Their campaign trailed Obama all of June and July sometimes by double digits.  He was an old white man running against a young charismatic candidate. The first black candidate from a major party. They needed to add some diversity to the ticket and went with the attractive woman. They saw a pretty nice bump and actually took the lead on some polls in August. Then we all heard her speak and yeah, that's all she wrote.

They were desperate and grasping at straws. I shudder to think what trump will do as the realization that his poll numbers just don't recover. At best it's a replacement Veep, at worst who fucking knows.

Edited by Grade of D as in David
  • Like 3

In any normal presidential administration this Stone/Trump debacle would be an oil tanker strung to your neck and sunk in the middle of the Atlantic. For this piece of shit administration it hardly registers on the scale of unbelievably shitty things that have occurred. We gotta get these pieces of shit out of office this fall. 

The worst part is that I’ve probably made this post 10 times over the last four years. 

• Like 8

5 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

Thanks, I'll check it out. I was a pretty solid Republican up to the point that Sarah fucking Palin was picked. It wasn't just the pick -- it was the reaction of so many Republicans.

29 minutes ago, Bookman said:

Thanks, I'll check it out. I was a pretty solid Republican up to the point that Sarah fucking Palin was picked. It wasn't just the pick -- it was the reaction of so many Republicans.

It's kinda interesting just how far off the radar Palin has fallen in GOP eyes.  And surprising that she couldn't join the grift parade that is the Trump administration.

6 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

Source?  Some of those seem unlikely to be so pro Trump. White women in New Jersey are majority Trumpkins?  Whites overall in Illinois and New Jersey (including women) go for Trump?  Connecticut is white by a large majority, Biden is going to win there by 20 points overall, but white men there go for Trump?  NY and California, too?  Those are less white states, but he’s still going to lose by 30 points in the overall total in those states.   

Wait, and how is Iowa blue for white people?  That can’t be right in the other direction or else no Republican would ever win any election in that state at any level. 

Admittedly, I know Trump has to have a lot of white support in most states given how huge the margins for Democrats are with minorities, but this looks more like a Trump vs. Hillary map than a map where he is down 10 points nationally. 

Just guessing but that is probably based on 2016 results.