Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

1 minute ago, 4th&Five said:

I know you Trump supporters won't understand what I mean---but that pair of tweets' bad narrative, punctuation, and the rest of it are why Hemingway killed himself.  i digress... 

21 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Chest thumping over Trump wearing a mask in a hospital. Like it's some kind of accomplishment. 

it's like potty training a kid, they probably had a song for trump and gave him high fives when he put on his mask

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ted Lange said:

There's a Biden campaign commercial in here about how even Trump's campaign team thinks he seems most Presidential when he starts acting more like Joe Biden. 

Then close out that after the election we can either again watch thousands of Americans die until Trump starts pretending to be Presidential or we can just let Biden be the President and be Presidential without the deaths. 

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Bruh Man said:

Somebody explain to me what's stopping Dems from putting out ether like this?

It's possible this cycle they might not have to.

It's not in their DNA to begin with, and they can keep their powder dry whilst others do the heavy lifting.  But damn, if there was ever an election year that called for pipe swinging, pliers and a blow torch, it's this one.  Maybe after the quasi-convention in August they go unleashed (or at least as unleashed as the Dems can)

Edited by Francisco 2.0
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Red Five said:

Chest thumping over Trump wearing a mask in a hospital. Like it's some kind of accomplishment. 

‘Let’s all do our part until we have covid on the run’ 

thats fucking all president potato head had to say 2 or 3 months ago. Unfortunately he gives zero fucks about this country, about the people suffering from covid and for the people fighting covid, all he cares about is his re election. Fuck that dick and the two dildos behind the curtain, Miller and Kushner 

Edited by tx 3 putt
  • Like 2

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/fox-news-achieves-peak-gaslighting-trump-never-called-mexican-rapists-1027329/?fbclid=IwAR2Ey0qx3lZyVnRo3Hs7ml1vhxpwuzQMfqXtUOdvc9bhOZ-SWpGj-NVd8_I

When Donald Trump announced that he was running for president in June of 2015, he made it extremely clear what he thought about immigration and, in particular, Mexican immigrants. But if you tuned into Fox News on Friday, you would have witnessed a gaslighting for the ages.

Most of the panel on the Fox News program The Five either shook their heads no or voiced an objection when co-host Juan Williams spoke the easily searchable truth that Trump called Mexican immigrants entering the country “rapists” during his presidential announcement speech.

“And if you’re talking about who likes division, President Trump pushes buttons of division and polarization, quite regularly,” Williams said. “I think you’ll remember he started his campaign by going after Latin immigrants. He said Mexicans were rapists and thieves.”

Co-hosts Greg Gutfeld, Jesse Watters and Jeanine Pirro all shook their heads in disagreement, while some repeated, “No, [Trump] didn’t.” And Watters tried to downplay the severity of the president’s past racist remarks by reminding the Fox audience that Trump also said, “some [Mexicans] are good people.”

Edited by Francisco 2.0

The olds are starting to crack.  I had dinner, at a home, with proper distancing, with a few tonight for my dad’s birthday.  They ain’t voting democrat, but they may stay home.  A month ago this would have been me being an observer at a rally.  When you get a few of them together is when the really get into their element.  Not tonight.  They’re tired.  They’re frustrated.  They realize, despite the brainwashing, that we are sucking at this dealing with the virus shit, and they also realize they are the most vulnerable.  They didn’t express their frustration at Trump specifically, but they sure did with Abbott.  It’s a start.

Edited by conVINCEd
  • Like 4

43 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

The olds are starting to crack.  I had dinner, at a home, with proper distancing, with a few tonight for my dad’s birthday.  They ain’t voting democrat, but they may stay home.  A month ago this would have been me being an observer at a rally.  When you get a few of them together is when the really get into their element.  Not tonight.  They’re tired.  They’re frustrated.  They realize, despite the brainwashing, that we are sucking at this dealing with the virus shit, and they also realize they are the most vulnerable.  They didn’t express their frustration at Trump specifically, but they sure did with Abbott.  It’s a start.

Wish I could say the same. I am hearing that a Biden election win would mean the downfall of society, and a second Civil War. I pointed out that I have heard various kinds of similar hysterical statements about every election since 2000, but then it was time to move on to statue outrage.

11 minutes ago, Grade of D as in David said:

Somebody explain to me what's stopping Dems from putting out ether like this?

Third-Way Democrats/Country Club Republicans are running the national messaging on this issue. Old McCain staff proving they aren't evil - well not close to evil like that imposter in the White House. That is America coming together. 

Maybe Trump can claim that as a victory - he brought the Democrats and the Old School Republicans together in peace. Some people would believe it, unfortunately.  

Spoiler

Anti-Trump v. Trump cuts across party lines. Democrats are running away from anything other than moderate or experienced. White House is still the top priority. There are a lot of Trump 2016 voters who are just tired of the bullshit. Many won't vote. This is the old guard McCain voting block when he ran against Bush, Jr.  Another nasty race.  A would-be populist renegade McCain who would shape up Washington and wrangle it away from insiders. The 2008 campaign season with Obama beating Hillary, then facing the Cold War Republican McCain, was nasty. 

They are reaching out to the voting block fleeing from Trump. Trump has been reckless with the safety of Americans in America during COVID. The McCain/Powell block of voters puts American safety first. Period. That is a huge block of voters in America. If that shift of McCain/Powell voters remains unlikely to vote for Trump - he has lost this election. The block is too large and the issue breaks against the President across most demographics.

We have a safety culture in modern America. That's a positive for all nations. We take care of each other, regardless of politics. 

Why he put on the face-covering today. He finally learned the lesson that covering your mouth and nose protects others, not yourself. Pull, don't push. Today - perhaps - he understands the simple and easy to follow rule that slows the transmission of the virus, which buys us more time to hit the problem. Businessman my ass.

Too much was promised too soon. Smart companies started preparing for a new near normal once it was declared a pandemic risk and did not listen to him. The Covid did in Trump's reelection campaign. 

7 minutes ago, TornACL said:

Wish I could say the same. I am hearing that a Biden election win would mean the downfall of society, and a second Civil War. I pointed out that I have heard various kinds of similar hysterical statements about every election since 2000, but then it was time to move on to statue outrage.

My wife heard the same in Kyle this week. Plenty of scared olds that are divorced from reality abound. 

We only win this fight if we remember there are TONS of these people around. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Biden has no reason to put anything out there. Trump is his own worst enemy 

This is also true. Biden is destroying Trump by simply not putting anything out that can be attacked. He is a blasé milquetoast centrist white male politician.

Let everyone else work on the attack ads. Hell, if the Biden camp has a great idea they should just email the Lincoln Project anonymously. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Macanudo said:

You gotta fight.....  For your right.... To party!!!!

Now I chi'll real i'll when I start to chi'll
When I fi'll my pockets with a knot of dollar bi'lls
Sipping pints of ale out the window si'll
When I get my fi'll I'm chi'lly chi'll

• Like 1

6 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

Two things: 

1. Good. About time they pulled their heads out of their asses.

2. And this cannot be said enough: fuck the olds.

3 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

The grift keeps grifting.

You know if there's a fucking second term, his face is gonna end up on currency somehow.

Sadly, that's true.  I remember him saying he should be on at least a coin by his second term.  I laughed and then ran through my head who was on the various coins, from penny to silver dollar.  I realized there's only 1 one-term President on an official U.S. coin, JFK.  I'd be willing to give Trump his image on a U.S. coin, if he'd be willing to take the same fate.