Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

20 minutes ago, Lobo said:

The death rate PER CAPITA in Belgium is twice that of the United States, and the highest in the world (nearly 860 deaths/million people).  

Would one of you the Trumper/Coronavirusisahoax people like to tell me what in the fuck is the reason so many Flemish and Walloon people had to die?   5000+ miles from Texas to Antwerp.  The nation with the absolutely most devastating death toll per capita, Belgium.  What was their role in all this?  Does it fit your narrative?  

This arose as an issue a couple of months ago. I couldn't remember offhand but recalled that they were counting differently than everyone else.

Found this:

Belgian officials say they are counting in a way that no other country in the world is currently doing: counting deaths in hospitals and care homes, but including deaths in care homes that are suspected, not confirmed, as Covid-19 cases.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-52491210

I always thought it was unfair that everybody in that video got sick outfits in the best late 80's color palates of the day down to the shoes and hair and jewelry and the instruments themselves.  But the drummer just got a shitty red tank-top.  That song holds up pretty well (musically speaking) after 32 years.  

Body Glove for life!
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

I always thought it was unfair that everybody in that video got sick outfits in the best late 80's color palates of the day down to the shoes and hair and jewelry and the instruments themselves.  But the drummer just got a shitty red tank-top.  That song holds up pretty well (musically speaking) after 32 years.  

Eh, that was the end of the "drummers wore little more than track shorts" era.  See below (irony intended).

I caught Living Colour on the first Lollapalooza tour in Dallas.  They were far from my favorite band in the world at the time, but they sure could play.  After their set my friends and I were chillin' on the hillside, perhaps a bit inebriated, and their bassist Doug Wimbish wandered by.  I am inclined to get even more mouthy on alcohol than not, and I shouted "hey, aren't you that dude from Living Colour?"  He said "yeah, you got anything to drink?" and then sat down and hung with us for a couple of hours, as we had more than enough beer and whiskey for all.  He was an incredibly laid back, cool guy, especially for a rock star.

rick-allen-02.jpg

Doug Wimbish of Living Colour performs at Lollapalooza (8/16/91 ...

Edited by jimmyjazz
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, JimmyJames said:

It is kind of amazing how relevant late 80s 1988-89 music is to today.

Fuck the police - NWA

Fight the power - Public Enemy

Sowing in the seeds of love - Tears for fears

Cult of personality - Living Color

It’s like everyone in super bright almost neon clothes foretold of the non bright darkness soon to come. 

(s)He Sells Sanctuary

Everybody Wants Some

Personal Jesus

And if you extend it to '90...

Policy of Truth

• Like 1

Fuck the police - NWA

It’s like everyone in super bright almost neon clothes foretold of the non bright darkness soon to come. 

Early 80s, but I was listening to the Circle Jerks Wild In The Streets the other night. The subject matter of the entire album sounds like it could have been written last week.

Also, Living Colour was full of brilliant musicians. The band was ahead of their time as far as musical developments of the 90s and quite simply better musicians than almost anyone else.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Mole said:

Early 80s, but I was listening to the Circle Jerks Wild In The Streets the other night. The subject matter of the entire album sounds like it could have been written last week.

Also, Living Colour was full of brilliant musicians. The band was ahead of their time as far as musical developments of the 90s and quite simply better musicians than almost anyone else.

I heard Cory Glover on Sirius/XM the other day being interviewed by one of Frank Zappa's kids ( Cant remember if it was Dweezil or Ahmet) and he was really entertaining, down to earth and overall a cool dude.  Talked about wearing the Body Glove outfit and how much of a pain it was.  He kept hitting up Body Glove to try and get some endorsement money and they turned him down several times.  The 3rd or 4th time, they caved and he got something but not much.

The interview was on Volume 106 and it was well worth it.  Just two guys talking about music and life in general. 

9 minutes ago, Mole said:

This right here.  And that drummer is a bad motherfucker with no time for fancy get-ups.

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Well, see, here's the thing.... I refuse to ever acknowledge or believe that Belgium is a real country.  It's not.  It's just the plate of leftovers that Europe scraped together from the back of the fridge at 3:00 a.m., shithammered on warm beer and aquavit, microwaved for 30 seconds, and declared delicious as they wolfed it down watching another showing of Roadhouse on CMT.  It's a lot of things, but that ain't dinner, and Belgium ain't a country.

EDIT: please note that this post is a slam on Belgium, NOT on Roadhouse, which is a classic piece of American art.  And pain don't hurt.

YOU TAKE THAT BACK!!  I had the best steamed muscles of my life a few months back - before America was banned from Europe.

I'd write this in German or Walloon or French, but they can't say which is their own language.  Wait...! 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Eh, that was the end of the "drummers wore little more than track shorts" era.  See below (irony intended).

I caught Living Colour on the first Lollapalooza tour in Dallas.  They were far from my favorite band in the world at the time, but they sure could play.  After their set my friends and I were chillin' on the hillside, perhaps a bit inebriated, and their bassist Doug Wimbish wandered by.  I am inclined to get even more mouthy on alcohol than not, and I shouted "hey, aren't you that dude from Living Colour?"  He said "yeah, you got anything to drink?" and then sat down and hung with us for a couple of hours, as we had more than enough beer and whiskey for all.  He was an incredibly laid back, cool guy, especially for a rock star.

rick-allen-02.jpg

Also the bassist for the "in house" rhythm section for Sugar Hill Records and played on "The Message," "White Lines," and "Apache."

2 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

I used to like reagan. But now I hate him. Because trump is the inevitable end result of that dumb actors stupid vision and philosophy. 

He did give a good speech though. Well trained actor turned politician. 

He did his best acting as President. In the movies he was kind of meh. But yeah, fuck Reagan. Donald Trump is the embodiment of Reagan's "Me" generation from the 1980's. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

rick-allen-02.jpg

Shit I was at that same show. Starplex? Anastasis is gonna lose his mind when he finds that out. 

• Like 1

The death rate PER CAPITA in Belgium is twice that of the United States, and the highest in the world (nearly 860 deaths/million people).  
Would one of you the Trumper/Coronavirusisahoax people like to tell me what in the fuck is the reason so many Flemish and Walloon people had to die?   5000+ miles from Texas to Antwerp.  The nation with the absolutely most devastating death toll per capita, Belgium.  What was their role in all this?  Does it fit your narrative?  
MISERABLE FAT BELGIAN BASTARDS!!!!

6 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:
2 hours ago, Lobo said:

Read more  

MISERABLE FAT BELGIAN BASTARDS!!!!

spacer.png

35 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

22 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

yoo is war criminal, fuck him 

I was wondering what the author of the torture memos was planning for as an encore.

You would think he would have slunk off and tried to live under the radar for the rest of his miserable existence.

3 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

Fuck the police - NWA

You left out literally every song by Rage Against the Machine.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Grade of D as in David said:

I was wondering what the author of the torture memos was planning for as an encore.

You would think he would have slunk off and tried to live under the radar for the rest of his miserable existence.

I saw that gotdamn article, and Trump and Stevie are fixing to stage Autumn for Hitler over the next three months w/o anyone with intelligence assuming it's satire.

Shit I was at that same show. Starplex? Anastasis is gonna lose his mind when he finds that out. 

Yep.  My two fondest memories:  A zillion beer cups levitating above the crowd during Siouxie's performance of "Kiss Them For Me", and looking back at the hillside during Jane's Addiction's headlining performance, after I had wormed my way to the very front, and seeing multiple bonfires with kids leaping through the flames.  All I could think of was "Lord of the Flies".

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Yep.  My two fondest memories:  A zillion beer cups levitating above the crowd during Siouxie's performance of "Kiss Them For Me", and looking back at the hillside during Jane's Addiction's headlining performance, after I had wormed my way to the very front, and seeing multiple bonfires with kids leaping through the flames.  All I could think of was "Lord of the Flies".

Yep we were at the same show. I remember all that. Summer of 91 at the starplex.

The summer of 91 started in June at the starplex. Morrisey played in Dallas when at the end of the show, everyone rushed the stage and freaked the Moz out. As a result, he cancelled all his remaining Texas tour dates, including the next one to be played in Austin. We were all pissed. Most especially all the queens. 

Then Lollapalooza at the starplex in August 91. Great show.

Then in October 1991 NIrvana played at some place in Deep Ellum and once again the Dallas fucks went crazy and started another riot hitting Kurt Cobain over the head with a beer bottle. The fucking same shit caused by Dallas fucks was happening all over again.

Everyone in Austin was absolutely sure Nirvana was gonna cancel the show at Liberty Lunch the next day but Nirvana showed up anyway with a heavily sedated Kurt Cobain sporting a light blue polo shirt. Probably about three days before Smells like teen spirit shot up the charts and Nirvana never played in those type of venues again. 

Edited by JimmyJames
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Everyone in Austin was absolutely sure Nirvana was gonna cancel the show at Liberty Lunch the next day but Nirvana showed up anyway with a heavily sedated Kurt Cobain sporting a light blue polo shite. Probably about three days before Smells like teen spirit shot up the charts and Nirvana never played in those type of venues again. 

I was "at" that Nirvana show.  Technically, I didn't make it in, but I did weasel into the back lot and sat right at the crack of the load-in door and watched the whole thing from about 30 feet off stage right.  It was unreal.

I'm friends with a gal who is married to a guy who fronted a band that got offered the opening slot for that show.   They were also given a headlining shot on a weekend, pick one.  I can't remember what they picked, but when she told me about it I was thinking "holy shit take the Nirvana slot".  

10 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I was "at" that Nirvana show.  Technically, I didn't make it in, but I did weasel into the back lot and sat right at the crack of the load-in door and watched the whole thing from about 30 feet off stage right.  It was unreal.

I'm friends with a gal who is married to a guy who fronted a band that got offered the opening slot for that show.   They were also given a headlining shot on a weekend, pick one.  I can't remember what they picked, but when she told me about it I was thinking "holy shit take the Nirvana slot".  

Great story. I loved Liberty Lunch. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hookah Horns said:

Of course those dumbasses are going to waste time on bullshit that has zero chance of being upheld as constitutional. 

It will be declared unconstitutional in 2 or 3 years.  Meanwhile the intended effect will successfully occur over the next few months

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Horn Dog said:

It will be declared unconstitutional in 2 or 3 years.  Meanwhile the intended effect will successfully occur over the next few months

I still need to read up on this stuff, but it's not immediately clear to me why biden) Biden couldn't undo it via his own executive order on inauguration day. 

45 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I was sort of at both those shows as well, 91 Lollapalooza was a blast and the Nirvana show at Trees, like you though we never made it in and listened from the outside till all hell broke loose.  For all I know you and I may have been standing near each other.

1 minute ago, Hookah Horns said:

I still need to read up on this stuff, but it's not immediately clear to me why biden) Biden couldn't undo it via his own executive order on inauguration day. 

Biden probably can if elected.    However the intent is probably to affect the presidential election and/or the census.  If successful, Biden will either not have an opportunity or it will be too late to change the outcome and the consequences will be in effect for 4 to 10 years constitutional or not.

5 minutes ago, DigDug said:

I was sort of at both those shows as well, 91 Lollapalooza was a blast and the Nirvana show at Trees, like you though we never made it in and listened from the outside till all hell broke loose.  For all I know you and I may have been standing near each other.

I probably wasn't clear -- the Nirvana show I referenced was in Austin at Liberty Lunch.  Probably the day before or after what you saw.

Edited by jimmyjazz

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

What you were thinking was exactly what cops there told me. Lord of the flies. 

4 hours ago, Lobo said:

[Trumpkin] The Baby Jesus is letting that happen to confirm that he hates Communists, but you won't see that story on MSNBC, will ya? [/Trumpkin]

3 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

At this point discussing trump is worthless. I’ll seriously talk about him when we have to decide what to do with his dead body. 

I'd guess it'll be buried at his presidential library somewhere near palm beach. Where I will make at least one urinary pilgrimage.