Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

16 minutes ago, Lobo said:

What I wouldnt to give be a fly on the wall during that announcement toTrump.

”sir, for your convention speech opener, we thought we’d get revenge on Alyssa Milano for her disruption of the Kavanaugh confirmation hearings.  That’s right sir, we got the man who played the character Jessup on two episodes of the 2000 hit series on the CW ‘Charmed’, Mr Anthony Sabato Junior.  This one will cut right to the heart of the liberals, sir!  And while America is busy playing ‘where the hell do I know that guy from...we’ll be rigging the polling places in Florida.”

Lets pause for a moment and talk about your encyclopedic knowledge of motherfucking Charmed, sir. 

On second thought, lets not. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Honestly, it’s probably the right electoral strategy now.  He’s never going to get a single black vote from anyone other that Diamond, and he’d be dampening the spirits of the hard core racists, which if my calculations are correct amounts to ... oh ... about 39.9% of the electorate. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

Honestly, it’s probably the right electoral strategy now.  He’s never going to get a single black vote from anyone other that Diamond, and he’d be dampening the spirits of the hard core racists, which if my calculations are correct amounts to ... oh ... about 39.9% of the electorate. 

On the other hand, not doing normal presidential/human things like this is a big reason why he won't be reelected. 

• Hook 'Em 1

So much for the 'health care plan' Trump promised the other week.

A White House meeting with top pharmaceutical executives that President Donald Trump promised for Tuesday is off, five industry sources familiar with discussions told POLITICO. Three said the drug-pricing discussion was canceled because the major drug lobbies, reeling from Friday’s cluster of executive orders on the topic, refused to send any members.

5 minutes ago, Red Five said:

On the other hand, not doing normal presidential/human things like this is a big reason why he won't be reelected. 

8 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

He's kind of a damned if you do/damned if you don't. People are going to grip if he does go as not being worthy or it being fake, and they grip if he doesn't go as not human and kind.

5 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

You're not wrong. Everyone in either direction's mind is made up. You could just as easily have said "His base knows he has to do it politically, and will dismiss it" and "The democrats know it's not sincere anyway." You're proving Red Five's point; Considering it doesn't matter, the guy is going to do what he fucking wants which is not recognize the life of a civil right's legend with respect for his passing, because he doesn't believe in civil rights, and he doesn't want to do it. So he can continue being his piece of shit self. 

Yep agree 1000%.

I also find it a bit refreshing that DJT is so...unabashed. It's a more honest place-- he is being true to himself in that way and being super transparent about it as opposed to the faking it for lip-service/appearance. You are invited to hate him as he is or find common ground in your own self, with him, for better or worse. I think people love that frictionless approach to relationships.

reminds me of the quote "When someone tells you who they are, believe them."

Edited by Rougarou
  • Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

You're not wrong. Everyone in either direction's mind is made up. You could just as easily have said "His base knows he has to do it politically, and will dismiss it" and "The democrats know it's not sincere anyway." You're proving Red Five's point; Considering it doesn't matter, the guy is going to do what he fucking wants which is not recognize the life of a civil right's legend with respect for his passing, because he doesn't believe in civil rights, and he doesn't want to do it. So he can continue being his piece of shit self. 

I agree with all of this.  Where it goes south is that Trump is the first POTUS in my lifetime who doesn't understand that his official duties should not be considered part of his campaign strategy.  Obama, W, Clinton, Bush Sr., Reagan, Carter, Ford, Nixon, LBJ, Kennedy . . . every single one of them had enough respect for the office to honor political and societal leaders upon their passing.  Trump just makes his calls on how it will affect his ratings.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

Yep agree 1000%.
I also find it a bit refreshing that DJT is so...unabashed. It's a more honest place-- he is being true to himself in that way and being super transparent about it as opposed to the faking it for lip-service/appearance. You are invited to hate him as he is or find common ground in your own self, with him, for better or worse. I think people love that frictionless approach to relationships.
reminds me of the quote "When someone tells you who they are, believe them."

Having a raw nerve, a babyman, an intellectually incurious and ignorant neophyte, a repellant diseased hypocrite, a pathological narcissist, a flippant blabbermouth, a lying sack of crap, an unapologetic and malignant reptile as leader of the free world is a disaster of epic proportions. I appreciate adults in charge of the bomb.
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Eskimohorn said:

Having a raw nerve, a babyman, an intellectually incurious and ignorant neophyte, a repellant diseased hypocrite, a pathological narcissist, a flippant blabbermouth, a lying sack of crap, an unapologetic and malignant reptile as leader of the free world is a disaster of epic proportions. I appreciate adults in charge of the bomb.

It truly is, as you say. Truly. I posted on the China thread that Trump is the scariest part of the escalations with China considering he hypothetically as the power to push the big red button.

36 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Are you sure about that? Because being racist, hateful, and divisive is part of what got him elected in the first place. 

I agree with all of this.  Where it goes south is that Trump is the first POTUS in my lifetime who doesn't understand that his official duties should not be considered part of his campaign strategy.  Obama, W, Clinton, Bush Sr., Reagan, Carter, Ford, Nixon, LBJ, Kennedy . . . every single one of them had enough respect for the office to honor political and societal leaders upon their passing.  Trump just makes his calls on how it will affect his ratings.
And it's not like this is just another Congressman lying in state at the Capitol. He's the first African American lawmaker to do so.
  • Hook 'Em 1

52 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Lets pause for a moment and talk about your encyclopedic knowledge of motherfucking Charmed, sir. 

I couldn't help myself, I had to imdb'd it for Anthony Sabato since I had no idea who he was, but his face looked vaguely familiar.  I hadn't heard of most of what he'd appeared in, but saw Alyssa Milano's sultry face on one of the shows, so used that as the gag.  If you've never heard of some c-list celebrity then looked them up on imdb, then I guess we don't live in the same simulation.  Keep in mind, this guy is only the second most famous actor that Trump could get, after the great Scott Baio.  I don't want to spoil who he is for you, so again...I'll let you imdb it.  

When Ted Nugent is the most financially sound person appearing at your convention, and that includes the business trainwreck that is Donald Trump, that's not a good sign. . 

5 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I couldn't help myself, I had to imdb'd it for Anthony Sabato since I had no idea who he was, but his face looked vaguely familiar.  I hadn't heard of most of what he'd appeared in, but saw Alyssa Milano's sultry face on one of the shows, so used that as the gag.  If you've never heard of some c-list celebrity then looked them up on imdb, then I guess we don't live in the same simulation.  Keep in mind, this guy is only the second most famous actor that Trump could get, after the great Scott Baio.  I don't want to spoil who he is for you, so again...I'll let you imdb it.  

When Ted Nugent is the most financially sound person appearing at your convention, and that includes the business trainwreck that is Donald Trump, that's not a good sign. . 

Or, in a world where the simplest explanation is often the correct one, Professor Occam indicates that you watch a metric fuck ton of Charmed. It's fine man. There's lots of weird people on this website. Spystud13 is still around here after all. And you're probably not the first guy to regularly jerk off to the fact that Shannon Doherty's eyes are on different latitudes. 

Great, now I gotta go google images of her to see if that's true.  She never did it for me.  I always knew Kelly would grow out of her baby face and be smokin' hot and I was right.  Shannon remained a dough-faced donkey and Donna was the horse.  

But Alyssa Milano, she was always beautiful...  

9 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I got pulled into a few USA Network's "LAS VEGAS" starring James Caan and Nikki Cox when I was at the Cadillac dealer for service (they took like 4 hours). 2004 was an amazing time to be alive.

15 minutes ago, Irwin F Fletcher said:
43 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

And it's not like this is just another Congressman lying in state at the Capitol. He's the first African American lawmaker to do so.

Trump wouldn't want to set a precedent

2 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I'll never forget the first time I saw the lesbo scene in that shitty vampire movie. 

"I mean, c'mon...I spend three weeks waiting for the good part!"  /chrishardwickvampire

3 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

WTF?  She wasn't a classic beauty, but she was plenty hot in her own way.

Spoilered because some of you work for fascists:

Hide contents

Charmed Shannen Doherty Posing in Bikini on Beach Smiling 8 x 10 ...

Yeah, a 20-something with a hollywood trainer took a cute bikini picture with good editing/lighting, color me surprised.  

Team #Milano!  Team #KellyTaylor      Forever!!!!!!!!!!!

2 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Yeah, a 20-something with a hollywood trainer took a cute bikini picture with good editing/lighting, color me surprised.  

Team #Milano!  Team #KellyTaylor      Forever!!!!!!!!!!!

Someone mentioned Nikki Cox upthread.  Man, before she screwed herself up with a LOT of counterproductive surgery and crap, she was incredible.

attachment.php?attachmentid=59541&stc=1&

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 4th&Five said:

This and not showing up to the WWI memorial service in France are two things that I agree with him on. He has no place at anything honoring people sacrificing for the greater good. The contrast is just too stark. He doesn’t belong there. I’m sure they won’t have a clown making balloon animals in the Capitol either.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Great, now I gotta go google images of her to see if that's true.  She never did it for me.  I always knew Kelly would grow out of her baby face and be smokin' hot and I was right.  Shannon remained a dough-faced donkey and Donna was the horse.  

14 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

WTF?  She wasn't a classic beauty, but she was plenty hot in her own way.

Spoilered because some of you work for fascists:

Hide contents

Charmed Shannen Doherty Posing in Bikini on Beach Smiling 8 x 10 ...

tumblr_l5ll45o5Ll1qbn1vmo1_1280.jpg

4 minutes ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

Back in the day I would've fucked Bob Loblaw's stupid political opinions right out of him.  Not so much anymore, though he is aging well.  But you knew he was going nowhere when he went from being Fonzi's hot brother or nephew or cousin or whatever to Charles in Charge.  

Dude, he wasn't Fonzi's little brother.....he was Barry Zuckerhorn, Esq.  Sure he squared off many times against the great Bob Loblaw, who lobbed many law bombs...but I don't think they were related.  Unless it was all some kinda front...ya think?  

2 hours ago, Saint Tacky said:

The entire interview was completely worthless because he didn't utter a single sentence without saying "fuck", "pussy" or "fucking pussy" at least twice.

I guess he *puts on sunglasses* had you in a stranglehold.

I'll see myself out.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Someone mentioned Nikki Cox upthread.  Man, before she screwed herself up with a LOT of counterproductive surgery and crap, she was incredible.

attachment.php?attachmentid=59541&stc=1&

She's somewhat regressed back to her Next Generation form.

fce80cc860d3a4bebc7ed3b6669289c2.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

1 hour ago, 'stache said:

Only posting here because it is the most active of the politics thread. Does anyone have a Washington Post online subscription who can send me this article, or post the text in the SCOTUS thread?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2020/07/17/supreme-court-oklahoma-oil-/

Spoiler

A crash in prices. A round of bankruptcies. And wave after wave of layoffs.

On top of all the turmoil Oklahoma oil producers have had to deal with since the start of the coronavirus pandemic, the Supreme Court has added another item to that list: a landmark decision declaring nearly half of eastern Oklahoma to be Native American land.

With the high court’s ruling, oil and gas drillers in the nation’s fourth largest oil-producing state suddenly find themselves operating within the Muscogee (Creek) Nation and four other tribal reservations.

About a quarter of Oklahoma’s recent oil and gas wells and around 60 percent of its refinery capacity now lie within the territory of five tribes — the Cherokee, Chickasaw, Choctaw, Creek and Seminole.

Perhaps more importantly, the network of pipelines pumping crude to and from Cushing, Okla. — a crucial oil terminal for the Keystone XL — spider-web across the redrawn reservation borders.

Instead of dealing with business-friendly regulators from the state of Oklahoma, oil producers may soon have to contend with both tribes and the federal government, which often manages land for Native Americans.

“The reality is that there’s something potentially that could be very detrimental to the oil and gas industry,” said Dewey Bartlett, a former Tulsa mayor who runs Keener Oil & Gas Company, a five-person oil and gas production and exploration firm with most of its wells now in Indian country.

With Americans driving and flying less during the viral outbreak, U.S. oil prices have dropped by a third since the start of the year. Oklahoma’s shale fields, where extraction costs are relatively high, are among the hardest hit during the pandemic. One of the state’s biggest energy firms, the fracking pioneer Chesapeake Energy, has already declared bankruptcy.

The 5-to-4 decision, written by Justice Neil M. Gorsuch and joined by the court’s liberals, ostensibly deals with criminal law for the ancestors of those forced to march the 19th century Trail of Tears into present-day Oklahoma.

But the majority opinion writers acknowledge the ruling raises big questions over taxation and the enforcement of environmental rules across those 3 million acres — ones that may take years to settle.

“In reaching our conclusion about what the law demands of us today, we do not pretend to foretell the future and we proceed well aware of the potential for cost and conflict around jurisdictional boundaries, especially ones that have gone unappreciated for so long,” Gorsuch wrote in McGirt v. Oklahoma. “But it is unclear why pessimism should rule the day.”

In a teleconference organized by the Petroleum Alliance of Oklahoma trade group soon after the July 9 decision, Oklahoma Attorney General Mike Hunter (R) sought to reassure oil producers that their business wouldn’t be upended and the state would keep their interests in mind.

Robert Sullivan Jr., an independent Tulsa-based oil producer who once served as Oklahoma’s energy secretary, took comfort in Hunter’s comments. “Oklahoma has been a very good place to do business,” he said.

Still, after having dealt with federal restrictions to protect an endangered beetle while drilling in Indian country, which could hold him up for months at a time, he says his big fear now is federal regulation.

“One of the things we were concerned about in the McGirt aftermath is that we, being Oklahoma producers, would lose the source of regulation from one place, the Oklahoma Corporation Commission, and start getting regulated by somebody from Washington,” he said.

Brook A. Simmons, head of the petroleum alliance, said he was concerned about retaining property rights for existing owners. “Our focus, really, is just making certain that our members continue to have a stable, predictable regulatory and tax environment,” he said.

On Thursday, Hunter and the five tribes came to an agreement for a legislative proposal to Congress that would give the Native American groups the right to collect taxes and grant them some authority over anything deemed to threaten the “welfare” of a tribe — a potential, though not certain, opening for environmental regulations.

The Petroleum Alliance of Oklahoma said it needed to study the agreement more before commenting.

Elizabeth Kronk Warner, dean of the University of Utah’s law school, said a major consequence for oil producers on the reservation may be two layers of taxes — one from the state and another from the tribes.

“The biggest impact there would likely be taxation,” she said.

And the Bureau of Indian Affairs and other federal agencies may end up getting new authority to run clean-air programs within tribal territory and, crucially, to renew right of way grants for existing pipelines. Seven major crude oil pipes cross into Creek territory.

Oklahoma’s Republicans in Congress are eager to pass a version of the proposal from Hunter and the tribes. But congressional Democrats, concerned about climate change, may not be if doing so denies Joe Biden, the party’s presumptive presidential nominee, leverage over the state’s oil and gas activity.

“A differently disposed White House could create hurdles to the smooth transfer of regulatory oversight,” said Kevin Book, a managing director at the research firm ClearView Energy Partners.

And even if President Trump wins a second term, environmentalists are increasingly joining with Native American groups to protest and sue to stop pipeline projects — most notably Dakota Access pipeline in North Dakota.

The Creek Nation is cautioning that no final decisions have been made about what they will ask of Congress. “There’s a lot of work to be done before we know what that looks like,” tribal spokesman Jason Salsman said.

But in the past, the Oklahoma tribes have asserted their rights over natural resources.

In 2011, the Chickasaw and Choctaw sued Oklahoma City for withdrawing water from Sardis Lake. They settled out of court.

Ultimately, all that uncertainty weighs heavily on oil producers and their financial backers when making decisions about where to drill next.

Bartlett, the former Tulsa mayor, has had to shut in about a quarter of its 100 or so wells because of the drop in oil prices since the coronavirus pandemic began.

He said he worries investors may be less interested in working with drillers in eastern Oklahoma — especially when similar opportunities exist in the western half of the state and across the border in Texas.

“There would be that overlying concern that would be in addition to the investment itself in an industry that is somewhat risky already,” Bartlett said.

Already at least one company — Houston-based producer Alpha Energy Inc. — is warning investors it faces potential legal risks in itsleasing of 3,400 acres in the state.

“The impact of this decision on title to the lands and leases included in the Project is uncertain at this point, and the Company will continue to monitor developments concerning the effects of this decision,” the company said Wednesday in a note to investors.

As all these issues are worked out with yet more court cases, the uncertainties for Oklahoma oil producers are likely to linger longer than the coronavirus crisis — unless Congress acts.

“This will be a very, very lengthy process,” Bartlett said. “Several decades, I would think.”

Correction: An earlier version of this story gave an incorrect job description of Elizabeth Kronk Warner. She is dean of the University of Utah’s law school.

Here ya go.

Edited by Bevo in VA
derp
  • Hook 'Em 2

8 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

Trump was reportedly irate that Robert Blake and Dennis Rodman weren’t available to speak.  To make matters worse, Don Jr. and Eric are their replacements.

Haven’t seen Junior lately probably, because the girlfriend gave him COVID. They have to keep that under wraps because it just wouldn’t do for Trump’s spawn to have Corona.

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

Or, in a world where the simplest explanation is often the correct one, Professor Occam indicates that you watch a metric fuck ton of Charmed. It's fine man. There's lots of weird people on this website. Spystud13 is still around here after all. And you're probably not the first guy to regularly jerk off to the fact that Shannon Doherty's eyes are on different latitudes. 

Everybody who went on a lot of business trips in the mid 00's and used room service as an alarm clock has spent many hungover weekday breakfasts watching Charmed.  Or maybe just me, but whatever.  And don't sleep on Holly Marie Combs, either. 

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

Who are you, Brian Austin Green? Don't bring 90210 into a Charmed discussion.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Mo Horn said:

Boats and motorcycles equals a big win I guess. 

915,000 registered boats in Florida.  587,000 registered motorcycles.   All Trump voters, I'm sure.

15,500,000 registered voters in Florida.  9,000,000 voted in 2016.  He is gonna need more than the unwavering boat-motorcycle bloc.