Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

1 minute ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Conservative who avoids the CR religiously here to interrupt your normal conversation...

FUCK. THIS. SHIT. HE. HAS. LOST. HIS. FUCKING. MIND.

The smooth, timely transition of power is the cornerstone of our Democracy. ANY attempt to thwart or obfuscate this should be met with swift rebuke.

Please return to your normally schedule programming. Peace out.

i think this is more distraction tits on the heels of the economic report that just came out. but yes, this is fucking alarming. let's hope if it even comes to it, congress does the right thing. otherwise I'm filling out visa apps to any country that will take me

5 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Several posters are correct that the tweet is meant to distract from this:

No doubt. He could have chosen many other topics to distract, but this required something bigger than just his normal drivel. Sadly, this will be a topic for a day or two, and then something else will take over. 

6 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

This is absolutely it.  The two concerns are that Congress left it to states to appoint Electors if the standard election didn't fill them in the regular way.  This would be an issue for Republican controlled (governor and Capitols) states that could have gone for Biden (Florida, Arizona, Georgia, Ohio, et. al.).  doesn't really matter if the deep red states that would vote for Trump don't cast Electors because and sit out the election because he caps out at a certain EC number anyway.  It's how Biden can still get to 270 and some of those tilt states that hold back could really fuck with his getting to that number.  It's what Trump does to incite this process and the ensuing chaotic violence that would really put the question mark on steroids.  

I've said it before and it bears repeating, the darkest days for this nation since the 1942 will come in the 11 weeks between Election Day and Inauguration Day . The Nation with one of the most time-honored and respected transitions of power processes will be tarred by bloodshed and cowardice. 

6 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

You are correct that he is trying to distract but his tweet is so dangerous for many reasons.  Like others have said, it takes both houses of congress to agree to that which won’t happen so it’s a non starter.  What it does do however is put doubt into our election process by saying it is “rigged” in advance.  Every Republican on the Hill should have to answer to this tweet and immediately rebuke it saying its nonsense and this country is built on fair and safe elections and the next one will be no different.  I am very curious to see if any Republican Senators or Congressmen back trump up on this being a good idea.  I have no doubt in my mind that when he loses in November he will continue to daily stoke the flames that the election was rigged and Biden isn’t a real President meaning millions of people will start to believe that crap as we have seen those people are much more gullible on crazier ideas that are presented to them than a election was rigged.  There Will Be Blood may be a good title for 2021 if this happens which is in the words of Trump, sad.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Every Republican on the Hill should have to answer to this tweet and immediately rebuke it saying its nonsense and this country is built on fair and safe elections and the next one will be no different.

They might get to it, but gosh there are so many other important issues to discuss. First up, how wearing a mask actually causes da 'rona

4 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Fucking called it that trump would try to use COVID to delay the election. 

Well, you and everyone else with a modicum of intelligence. Its a difficult argument to make however if you are simultaneously pushing for schools to open up all over the country. If Trump really backs off on that, you'll know its go time. 

Edited by Blotto

45 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

You are correct that he is trying to distract but his tweet is so dangerous for many reasons.  Like others have said, it takes both houses of congress to agree to that which won’t happen so it’s a non starter.  What it does do however is put doubt into our election process by saying it is “rigged” in advance.  Every Republican on the Hill should have to answer to this tweet and immediately rebuke it saying its nonsense and this country is built on fair and safe elections and the next one will be no different.  I am very curious to see if any Republican Senators or Congressmen back trump up on this being a good idea.  I have no doubt in my mind that when he loses in November he will continue to daily stoke the flames that the election was rigged and Biden isn’t a real President meaning millions of people will start to believe that crap as we have seen those people are much more gullible on crazier ideas that are presented to them than a election was rigged.  There Will Be Blood may be a good title for 2021 if this happens which is in the words of Trump, sad.

These are all valid points and there's a strong likelihood a lot of Republicans won't accept the legitimacy of the vote (even more so than those who questioned the Wisconsin results from 2016). And, yes, I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if we see some lone wolf type of violence. The purpose of the tweet is two-fold: 1) continue the process to delegitimize the upcoming election and 2) distract from terrible economic news.

But, honestly, my biggest concern right now is the fact that so many people are on the precipice of losing their homes through evictions or defaulting on mortgages they can no longer pay. Someone posted an article in one of these threads a couple of days ago that estimated almost 50% of Texas renters cannot afford their current situation and are at great risk of being evicted (I think the estimate was 40% nationwide).

Now, think about the consequences of a large displaced population of out-of-work individuals who trend young and/or non-Anglo and consider their general voting patterns. How/where are they going to be registered to vote to ensure they get counted this Fall? I'm afraid that there will be a large segment of the population who won't be able to vote and am cynical enough now to partially believe that Republican Senators' delaying assistance might be design and could be just another form of voter suppression.

Edited by bolverk
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

i think this is more distraction tits on the heels of the economic report that just came out. but yes, this is fucking alarming. let's hope if it even comes to it, congress does the right thing. otherwise I'm filling out visa apps to any country that will take me

Agree that it is likely he is just doing this to distract from the economic numbers, but that he actually suggested is horrific. It's a textbook play out of a despot, and, if anything, the elections should be moved forward to limit the damage he is currently doing. 

35 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

I'm looking at the Dow and Nasdaq...... and my 401K balance.

Are you sure.

I'm up man.

This is fake news.

[This is how insane this is. Just think about it. Markets are barely off their all time highs.... AFTER THE WORST ECONOMIC QUARTER IN MODERN HISTORY]

Edited by Dnaguy
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, bolverk said:

But, honestly, my biggest concern right now is the fact that so many people are on the precipice of losing their homes through evictions or defaulting on mortgages they can no longer pay. Someone posted an article in one of these threads a couple of days ago that estimated almost 50% of Texas renters cannot afford their current situation and are a great risk of being evicted (I think the estimate was 40% nationwide).

I am more worried about the people that own those properties that are renting to these "poor" people.  I mean they have boat payments, Tesla payments, country club membership and stuff they need to pay for also.  Just kidding about that, but if all of these people nationwide can't pay their rent then wouldn't that screw the income of a lot of wealthy people or even middle class folks that have rental properties if there is no rent money coming in?

5 minutes ago, GabrielsHorn said:

Agree that it is likely he is just doing this to distract from the economic numbers, but that he actually suggested is horrific. It's a textbook play out of a despot, and, if anything, the elections should be moved forward to limit the damage he is currently doing. 

That's what I've been saying.  Let's fucking vote next week and get this shit overwith.

4 minutes ago, Dnaguy said:

Are you sure.

I'm up man.

This is fake news.

[This is how insane this is. Just think about it. Markets are barely off their all time highs.... AFTER THE WORST ECONOMIC QUARTER IN MODERN HISTORY]

Crazy isn't it.  I am surprised the markets are down so far today with the announcement of the economic data.  In this market I figured they would go up 1000 points just so the Wall Street guys can grab a few more dollars before the entire US bubble bursts.

6 minutes ago, Dnaguy said:

Are you sure.

I'm up man.

This is fake news.

Look man, the Nasdaq is 4% off all-time highs. That may not seem like a lot to you, but when you're worth $40 billion, its a different story. Stop focusing on just you, and take a moment to think of how this affects EVERYONE.

Edited by Blotto
  • Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, GabrielsHorn said:

is that even possible? I'm no constitutional scholar.

I mean, in case there was any doubt left that every second that Trump remains in office constitutes a clear and present danger to the survival of the Republic.....

If Trump, or any state, actually "delays" the election (yes, they can't do so legally....but the "law" hasn't done much to even slow them down), there can and should be an armed insurrection.  It's banana republic type shit, and you will see the exact outcome you would expect.

And every member of the GOP is complicit.  Never, ever, ever forget that.

• Hook 'Em 1

man, that is sad. he attended that trump rally, no mask, and got covid. 

these trump people actually believe their own bullshit, and are willing to risk their lives to prove it. except trump, who obsessively tests anyone who is going to be in his presence. he doesn't believe it, at all, because he's a massive germaphobe. so he's got to keep up the wizard of oz bullshit. 

and the death cult follows.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

man, that is sad. he attended that trump rally, no mask, and got covid. 

these trump people actually believe their own bullshit, and are willing to risk their lives to prove it. except trump, who obsessively tests anyone who is going to be in his presence. he doesn't believe it, at all, because he's a massive germaphobe. so he's got to keep up the wizard of oz bullshit. 

and the death cult follows.

At least ancient mexican death cults gave us cool ritualistic art:

p243724_2a_400.jpg

All we get is a shitgibbon with an orange painted face.

5 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Look man, the Nasdaq is 4% off all-time highs. That may not seem like a lot to you, but when you're worth $40 billion, its a different story. Stop focusing on just you, and take a moment to think of how this affects EVERYONE.

Or just think about how much Jeff has lost since the all time NASDAQ highs of last week. He's worth almost 10X that amount.

Who's looking out for the 0.01%?

That's about as minority as you can get.

Aren't we supposed to be protecting minority rights in this country?

hqdefault.jpg