Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

1 minute ago, Pig Bellmont said:

FUCK Pompeo. Barr and the DOJ have nothing to do with this 

I got money says Barr and the DOJ do have something to do with this.  Barr will stand up and claim its legal.  The R talking point on Fox News will be about, "how horrible the Democrats are for making people go vote during this horrible pandemic.  Apparently the Dems don't care about the lives of Americans."  I can hear it being spewed from the mouths of McConnel, Graham, Ingraham, Hannity, etc...

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Would replacing the 1844 law setting our election calendar require a simple majority of both chambers?  And would it be subject to a veto?   

38 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

You still think that the rule of law will apply.  I love your giddy optimism.

The GOP is all-in on treason and betrayal of the Republic.  They will back him, no matter what he does.  And the courts can't stop him -- he simply refuses to comply with their orders.

This is exactly how a democracy dies -- all it takes is a political party in power that refuses to obey the law or orders and actions from the other branches.  That's it.  It's that easy.

If he loses the election, he's no longer president on 1/20/21 no matter what he says or does.

8 minutes ago, yoladu said:

What the fuck?!

Himmler Pompeo is saying that Goebbels Barr will make the legal determination.

Or maybe more Goring to Himmler. Night of the Long Knives is only just about to happen.

Edited by FondrenRoad

4 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

It's not up to them. They can't do anything about it.

It would be illegal for Trump and his minions to cancel/postpone the election, but if the only way to stop Trump is by impeachment, that absolutely will not happen. Trump will sign an executive order and ignore any SCOTUS ruling. The GOP in the senate will have his back. 

There is a strong chance there will not be a presidential election this year. 

1 hour ago, BradInATX said:

Nothing to celebrate or spike the football about on Cain's death. My hope is that it will open some eyes about face mask usage and taking the virus seriously. It probably won't, but maybe it will.

I will celebrate the day trump drops dead from Covid and not one minute earlier. 

4 minutes ago, JFKFC said:

It would be illegal for Trump and his minions to cancel/postpone the election, but if the only way to stop Trump is by impeachment, that absolutely will not happen. Trump will sign an executive order and ignore any SCOTUS ruling. The GOP in the senate will have his back. 

There is a strong chance there will not be a presidential election this year. 

The election will be held on November 3rd. An executive order will be meaningless.

Edited by David Dennison
  • Hook 'Em 1

38 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

so we should expect Henry Olsen to suck his own dick and write a follow article stating he's a fucking dipshit?

jeqo0uir10e51.jpg

Hey guys don't worry.  If trump does issue an EO changing the date of the election, is will surely by challenged in court and according to Mr. Olsen, it is INCONCEIVABLE that the SC will uphold such a blatantly unconstitutional act!  Everyone can rest easy now.

16 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

It's not up to them. They can't do anything about it.

They can't legally do anything about it. That doesn't mean they can't actually do anything about it. There's a huge fucking pile of things they can't legally do, but have done anyway and everyone has just gone along with it. 

Just now, wildcat09 said:

They can't legally do anything about it. That doesn't mean they can't actually do anything about it. There's a huge fucking pile of things they can't legally do, but have done anyway and everyone has just gone along with it. 

I can't think of anything that they can actually do about changing election day. 

So, anybody talking about the worst drop in the economy in history, or the eloquence of previous presidents at John Lewis' funeral, or even the 150+K that have died from Covid-19? Nope. All focus is on Dotard, which is what he waned. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

I can't think of anything that they can actually do about changing election day. 

You lack imagination. Trump can keep talking about how the election has to be delayed. Then the GOP officials running elections in Texas, Arizona, Florida, etc. go "he's right, we can't safely administer the election on November 3rd!" and close a shitload of polling places, because they don't have sufficient volunteers to staff them or whatever. So November 3rd rolls around and some people go out and vote and those votes get counted, but GOP officials start talking about irregularities etc. and Trump files a shitload of lawsuits challenging the validity of elections in swing states. 

You seem to think in a scenario like this, there would be some official resolution. No. What would happen is the courts would go "look, this isn't our bag, man," and a bunch of Republicans will scream and pound the table about how the Dems stole the election and shouldn't be allowed to be sworn in. Then Trump says the American people are demanding that he not hand over power to a bunch of communist cheaters.

Would his term legally end on January 20, 2021, after which time he couldn't legally exercise the powers of the presidency? Sure. But the obvious response to that is that Chad Wold can't legally be the acting secretary of homeland security. He can't legally give orders to federal police to do anything, and they can't legally obey any orders he gives. What good has any of that done for people in Portland?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Trump is blatantly ignoring SCOTUS and other judicial mandates regarding DACA.  I have zero reason to believe he would "comply" with any similar directives regarding the election, although I don't really have a good feel for what SCOTUS would be petitioned about.

That said, there is little Trump can actually do but foment discord and send law enforcement to "monitor" polling locations.  Elections are held at the state level, and the US Congress isn't about to vote for a date change, given the Democrat majority in the House.

Just now, jimmyjazz said:

Trump is blatantly ignoring SCOTUS and other judicial mandates regarding DACA.  I have zero reason to believe he would "comply" with any similar directives regarding the election, although I don't really have a good feel for what SCOTUS would be petitioned about.

That said, there is little Trump can actually do but foment discord and send law enforcement to "monitor" polling locations.  Elections are held at the state level, and the US Congress isn't about to vote for a date change, given the Democrat majority in the House.

That's quite a lot. That's how coups happen.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Mo Horn said:

No doubt. He could have chosen many other topics to distract, but this required something bigger than just his normal drivel. Sadly, this will be a topic for a day or two, and then something else will take over. 

He's only beginning to fuck with the election. It only goes up from here. 

3 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

I truly wonder how much if this shit is Putin's bidding.

It seems too much for it to be just pure stupidity on Trump's part. He has help around him with the Miller's and Pompeo's, but I think big stuff is strategic (lack of pandemic response, send in secret police to cause chaos in liberal cities, etc) which might have help from Putin. Regardless, Russia uses their troll farms to amplify anything that is going on. 

• Hook 'Em 1