Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

I have little doubt that Putin forecasted this years in advance.  My only patriotic solace comes from the fact that there's no way that Trump and most of his inner circle (save for a few serious long-game operators) could pull off their part in the charade.  

1 hour ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

I got money says Barr and the DOJ do have something to do with this.  Barr will stand up and claim its legal.  The R talking point on Fox News will be about, "how horrible the Democrats are for making people go vote during this horrible pandemic.  Apparently the Dems don't care about the lives of Americans."  I can hear it being spewed from the mouths of McConnel, Graham, Ingraham, Hannity, etc...

As if the Wisconsin primary never happened. 

Putin is just taking advantage of a simple fact: The Republic Party has gone rogue. Trump is just the result and face of a GOP cabal that has infiltrated every state and district in this country. All they care about is personal power and they're holding on for dear life. 

I doubt even 5% of elected Republican officials are serving/operating on the level. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Ah yes, Secretary of Health, Pizza, and Urban Development.  

That this is happening as John Lewis is finally laid to rest is either the saddest, or funniest, part of the simulation thusfar.  

6 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Come one guys, he’s just trolling!

(That a Senator thinks this is an acceptable motivation really says it all.)

President has already told us he doesn't joke, John, you fucking moron.  This reminds me I need to go donate to MJ again.  FUCK OFF JOHN.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Mo Horn said:

In the not so recent past I would have, with full confidence, posted that there is no way he can delay the election. These days, I'm not sure of anything. We are living in an alternative reality.

We have a president with no understanding or respect for what the republic even is. His entire life has been spent evading laws and failing at almost every endeavor. He is provably a cheat and a liar. We have the very opposite of George Washington as chief executive.

And the United States chose him. More than a third will choose him, again.

This miscreant knows that leaving office will put him in immediate jeopardy of criminal prosecution. Delaying an election after lying about the reliability of voting is just an opening move. 

He and his henchmen claim the nation is in chaos and beset by violent anarchists who want to destroy your God, burn your cities, and move negroes into your neighborhoods. He has dispatched federal soldiers (call them cops or border patrol or whatever, but look how they dress and arm themselves. They're soldiers.) to "restore order."

Congress needs to take to the streets with the people.

There needs to be a national strike to jolt the ruling class.

The Tree of Liberty has drooping, drying leaves. If peaceful demonstration does not right things, then we will need to do more than fight dirty in the political arena.

The Tree of Liberty is becoming a banana tree. Yet again, we must wonder: How are the Army and the Guard disposed toward current events? What mechanisms are there outside of the Executive Branch to command or restrain them?

How tamely will we go into that dark night?

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

President has already told us he doesn't joke, John, you fucking moron.  This reminds me I need to go donate to MJ again.  FUCK OFF JOHN.

Yeah, but what about that time he riffed/crowd-worked that 20 minutes on ultraviolet light?  He also has this encore bit where he ad libs on myriad cleaning products.  It's Gold Jerry, Gold!  

13 minutes ago, mchookem said:

i don't even understand what she's trying to say...😐

she is implying that he was murdered. democrats get covid and recover, so they must be lying about it. she was at the rally with herman, didn't catch the rona, so it is a hoax. he was a victim of a war perpetrated by the deep state. 

2 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Counterpoint: having an active disdain towards for 40-50% of the population of the United Sates and an obstinate stance of condemnation isn't in any way going to help us rebuild the divides in this country. And I saw that as someone who is right there with you. This is a foundational, systemic issue for all citizens that has been slow snowballing for the last 30-40 years, and has hit maximum velocity the last 5-10. And the rebuild likely to take decades as well. But yeah, my instincts are the same as yours. Actually, my instincts are to be perpetually ready to flee. 

I know what you mean, and that you're trying to see the forest here. However, the GOP has been like this my entire adult life. For me, and many people my age, nothing they do surprises us because it's expected for them to be shitty. If the divide is to be breached they need to extend an olive branch too. Until that happens, seeing the forest is moot. 

1 hour ago, David Dennison said:

It's not up to them. They can't do anything about it.

It may be your turn to drive but if Trump doesn't give up the steering wheel then he's still driving the car. What are you going to do about it? Tell him it's your turn to drive and he can't do anything about it? What do you do when he laughs in your face and keeps on driving the car?

1 minute ago, WhatTheBuck said:

It may be your turn to drive but if Trump doesn't give up the steering wheel then he's still driving the car. What are you going to do about it? Tell him it's your turn to drive and he can't do anything about it? What do you do when he laughs in your face and keeps on driving the car?

Shoot him in the side of the face and go careening off a cliff like Toonces the Cat. 

• Hook 'Em 1

There needs to be a lot more focus on trying to vote out every single GOP politician that is mathematically in play. It is crucial they lose the Senate in November as well. And at every state and district level. 

If/when Trump loses, the party will not rebound. Their bench is filled with dangerous and disingenuous cowards. Complete folly to believe there is anyone currently in office at any level that will straighten out the GOP. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

There needs to be a lot more focus on trying to vote out every single GOP politician that is mathematically in play. It is crucial they lose the Senate in November as well. And at every state and district level. 

If/when Trump loses, the party will not rebound. Their bench is filled with dangerous and disingenuous cowards. Complete folly to believe there is anyone currently in office at any level that will straighten out the GOP. 

I would love to believe that an ass-whipping in November would lead to some internal reflection and the jettisoning of the freedom caucus.  Unfortunately, I think they double down on racism and xenophobia to hold a bunch of red states/voters and go into total obstruction mode for the foreseeable future.  Muh deficits will be the catch phrase for the next 4-8 years.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Calihorn said:

I wonder what the stonks start looking like soon

Fed has blitzed the market with all kinds of liquidity/printing.  It won’t drop anywhere near prior lows.  As someone who stayed fairly conservative, I’d love to be wrong.  

This is where we are today.

The POTUS tweeted about delaying a presidential election that he figures to lose, which would result in him facing SDNY charges and dying in prison, because he doesn't understand or doesn't accept that there are limits on his powers, with the added bonus of stealing the headlines from a civil rights icon's funeral, because only one person on this planet matters to him.

He can't even let John Lewis have his moment.   

How much more clear does it have to be that Donald J. Trump is pure evil and he needs to be stopped before something historically fucking awful happens in this country? 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, TexArcher said:

How much more clear does it have to be that Donald J. Trump is pure evil and he needs to be stopped before something historically fucking awful happens in this country? 

Historically awful started earlier this year when the death count piled up on Coronavirus and Dotard hindered every attempt to stop the spread. Every evil thing he has done since is just piling on at this point. There is no bottom to what horrific thing he will say or do. 

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, sasquatch69 said:

Good Lord - this is the first time I've actually read posts on that board.  It makes the TexAgs politics board look like a downright sensible bunch of folks by comparison 😮

The 6300 page Q thread was, and still is mind bottling